Iron Man II 3.75" collection.

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:23 AM

I had promised myself I would stay away from this line, but I kept reading up on how nice some of the figures were on other forums and such. So I made the trip to town today, and everyone has them in stock. I really liked how a few looked, so I opted to snag some.

Toys'R'Us has a 2 for $10.99 sale this week on them, but they didn't have alot of stock left when I got there. So I stopped by a few Wal-Smarts and Turdgets as well. I picked up 5 figures from the set before the day was done.

I got Movie Mark I, II, and concept Deep Dive armor. Then I got WarMachine and Old school Iron Man armor figure. I had a Classic Iron Man and a Stealth in my hand, but put them back. I thought they looked inferior to the MU versions, and figured why buy them. So I was able to actually get away with only buying the figures I like the most on first impressions from the line.

I've only opened Mark II so far, and he is just awesome! Love the Silver metallic plastic with the black detailing. And he is nice and sturdy. I think you guys will like the stands and the cards as well.

I totally passed on all the other Movie versions and concepts. They all looked like melting candy to me. ;) Even the Movie War Machine looked rough. However depending on how I feel after opening the rest, I may go buy an Iron Monger.

I had thought Titanium Man was supposed to be in this series, but didn't see any. Found plenty of every figure out there though.

Posted Image

#2 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

You've confirmed what great taste I have, Deep Dive Iron Man is the only one of the concept series I've picked up. I also got comic Orginal armor, War Machine, and Crimson Dynamo (is that who you meant instead of Titianium Man or are people already finding him).

I'll probably keep up with the comic series but the rest will wait until I find a sale. Probably pick up a lot like I did the X-M O:W figures. I am curious to see how the Sam Jackson Nick Fury figure looks. Isn't that what Ultimate Nick Fury looks like? If so I'll pick him up to.

Is it just my imagination or are these figures a bit beefier than Marvel Universe? I can't tell if they certainly are or if they just seem that way because they are bad ass suits of armor.

#3 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

I have enjoyed piecing together a Hall of Armor. I personally like the original comic version (OCV) and stealth ops (purple) best. They are just outstanding iterations that capture the essence best, I think, of the classic Iron Man armor style. The mask with the eyelets and mouth piece are simple but carry the focus, aggression, and seriousness that Iron Man should project toward evil enemies. I also got the movie and comic versions of War Machine. Love them both too. Their smokey charcoal hues suggest a shady malice hidden within the suit. I love all the gaudy modular hardware that can be attached to them. They are definitely Heavy Metal Machines (Smashing Pumpkins ref). Also had to get Crimson Dynamo. The color is so cool and the wrap around ocular blast kicks arse! Iron Monger is just a brute. I dig his scale and hydraulic details. I think he is much better than the 6" fig from the 1st movie. Lastly, I also got the Deep Dive Armor. I liked the color combination. Very sea-like with the the deep blue and sea green. The helmet is a cool design and the forearm blasters look sleek. I also thought the broad yellow paint fade around the chest core was a nice touch maybe suggesting an underwater glow.
I like the OCV better than than any of the MU iterations, URS. Dunno, just thought they captured the look best with this one. Although, the OCV doesn't quite have the range of movement of the MU Iron Mans and therefore lacks a bit in posability.
I think all the blast projections are cool and better designed by fitting over the hand rather than attaching at the wrist. There is always a droop with the MU versions. But these new blasts can be positioned in a very straight and true setting.
My biggest gripe is an easy one. Be careful when selecting an OCV. That is the only one with the launching blast base. The first one I got was a little warped around the base perimeter and it is nearly impossible to position Iron Man atop it. To actually do it, I have to set the fig way back to find the balance point and he then looks ridiculous. So I bought a second and it is fine. Right now I have both launch blasts connected to Stealth Ops' feet and it looks Sickalicious!!! So check carefully before picking an OCV to make sure the launch blast has an even base. It can be subtle, but I have seen some warped ones by just looking through the small window at it.
Thanks URS. I didn't even realize these figs were coming out until I checked out a link you posted for ActionFigurePics.com. I got prepared and had my priorities in place right before they hit the shelves.
BTW, my 4 yo son likes em too. He calls War Machine "Warm Air Machine". He also got to use some Christmas cash and selected Mark II. The silver must have caught his eye as well! :lol:

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

The Iron Man 2 figure line is godly. I saw some of the IM MU figures alongside them at Target and they looked like garbage by comparison.

I also came home with Movie War Machine (and almost Mark V, he's next on my list). As long as you pick out good paint on him, there is nothing rough about this figure. He's perfection.

There's also images of unmasked Rhodey and Stark, plus Fury and Black Widow, and Hasbro's outdone themselves with these head sculpts. Don't have the link handy, but I'm sure URS can get it.

And yes, these are absolutely superior to the effort put in to the XMO: Wolverine line. There's still just one complaint - frozen joints. The hips are the worst offenders (especially Mark I, for some reason). Freeze or heat up the joints and then start jiggling them around and they should be okay.

Edited by Boaconda, 09 March 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

You've confirmed what great taste I have, Deep Dive Iron Man is the only one of the concept series I've picked up. I also got comic Orginal armor, War Machine, and Crimson Dynamo (is that who you meant instead of Titianium Man or are people already finding him).

I'll probably keep up with the comic series but the rest will wait until I find a sale. Probably pick up a lot like I did the X-M O:W figures. I am curious to see how the Sam Jackson Nick Fury figure looks. Isn't that what Ultimate Nick Fury looks like? If so I'll pick him up to.

Is it just my imagination or are these figures a bit beefier than Marvel Universe? I can't tell if they certainly are or if they just seem that way because they are bad ass suits of armor.

No, I saw plenty of Crimson Dynamos. I passed on him. I didn't like the ugly cuts that are on the front of the knees. I guess the entry points for the plastic were here, and the should have been in a less conspicuous place. I might get one later, but I'm not completely sold on this series. I could have swore I saw a Titanium Man on the internet somewhere. :lol: Green and all! Maybe my imagination mixing with my memory.

And my first thought was that the Comic series figs were a slightly larger scale than the Movie figs or MU figures. I havn't compared yet though. But they definitely looked bigger to me. Especially War Machine.

I'm pretty confident this series will WAAAY outsell the XMO line. We might even see 5 waves or more, just my estimation. Most of the stores had just stocked these figures, and at least 2 had been pillaged very early! over half of the stock was already gone at these stores.

I opened my Deep Dive and Mark I earlier today. Mark I doesn't have a lot of motion, and his joints are ridiculously tight on the shoulders and legs. but He is still pretty cool. Deep Dive is great, except I had trouble with his Hips at first. They are just too small. There isn't enough motion in the hips to compensate for his Double Jointed Knees in my opinion.

And Phantom, I did like the power blast for these guys, though none I've opened yet have any. They did look really sturdy, and never did care too much about the MU blasts.

Does anyone else think it's weird that Hasbro can sculpt and make 100% unique sculpts of Iron Man figures, and still get them sold at $6.99 each, and that they can't seem to get more than 10% of the MU figures uniquely sculpted and under $8 bucks? :huh: Weird!

HOT D@MN!!! HULKBUSTER AND GUARDSMAN!!! :cry: <( This is who I must have seen when thinking of Titanium.)

http://i.marvelousne...d...600&start=0

And here are the ones Boa mentioned.

http://i.marvelousne...d...800&start=0

The Stark head sculpt looks awesome. And Whiplash doesn't look half bad. Dagnabbit!

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 09 March 2010 - 11:14 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, I had to pick these up. They are too awesome.

#7 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

I'm sure Titanium Man has been announced, I just didn't know if it was out already. Some people around the internet seem to have all the luck finding variants and new waves. To put it this way I just picked up Warpath to complete the last wave last week and haven't seen the newest wave yet.

Kevin Mayle!! Good to see you.

#8 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

Well, I got hooked and sunk today. Opened up my Comic War Machine, and Original Iron Man today. Love the Original IM figure! I like how retro he looks, and the beam is great too! The beams are a soft plastic for these guys, so they just snug over the hands! :D

I like War Machine alot too, but he really doesn't move too much. His waist has a swivel, but it's hard to use. His head doesn't look up or down either..mostly just swivels. Like his shoulder cannons and his articulated shoulder pads though!

So I snuck my way back to Wally World tonight, and snagged 5 more figures. Iron Monger, Mark V (on Boas recommendation), Crimson Dynamo, Hypervelocity Armor, and Movie WarMachine + a clever variant of him! <_< I'm a sucker. I'll be opening them up over the next few days I guess. To see how I like them.

Still not sold on the basic Movie Iron Man sculpts. So many of them just have sorry paint jobs. Did almost walk out with the one with the body glow affect. I Suck! Every time I try to stay away they just pull me back in! :D

I have to admit...watching the movie trailer a few times today didn't help me one bit. :p

Posted Image

#9 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

Guh....just when i think i'm out, they pull me back in. The Marvel Universe line is the only current toyline that will survive the ravages of my toy blowout, so when i saw these when i was out grocery shopping today i had to go take a look. I almost wish i hadn't, but then i wouldn't have these awesome new toys.

The good news is that a lot of them are crazy fake armors or minor variations on versions i already have in this scale, but there are still a depressing number of them that i want. I ended up shelling out for Mark I and War Machine. I figure there will be red and gold armors plugging the shelves for quite some time to come, so i can wait on those. And then my mom picked up Crimson Dynamo for me, because she is awesome. So now i have three, and i am clearly going to own more...i just need to make sure i get moved first! There is no way i will be able to resist the allure of a Hulkbuster Iron Man in this scale...

Felt good to buy a couple toys again, but also kinda dirty. Damn you Iron Man, why can't i quit you?

EDIT: Wait a minute, Movie War Machine AND Comic War Machine? Huh. I only saw one version at the store i was at. Man...

Edited by Scumdogg, 09 March 2010 - 07:19 PM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Mark V (on Boas recommendation), Crimson Dynamo, Hypervelocity Armor, and Movie WarMachine + a clever variant of him! :p I'm a sucker. I'll be opening them up over the next few days I guess. To see how I like them.

What a coincidence. I picked up Mark V on Boa's recommendation too! <_<

Yeah, I made a trip to the local Walmart for groceries, but really a thinly-veiled attempt to build my own Hall of Armors. Unlike my not-local stores I visited Saturday, this one had a very heavy mix of both waves currently out - one with mainly comic and first movie armors is Wave 1, and the other with the IM2 armors is Wave 2. Unfortunately all the best characters were stolen away. No Movie War Machines or Iron Mongers (glad I got the former), and only one Mark V left. He was the only one I decided to grab. Skipped the crapton of Marks III - VI, same reason as you UMS - shelves are going to be flooded with the movie red and golds. I will get them later for sure though.

I'm very glad I got him. Mark V is very lithe compared to War Machine, but he's the Suitcase Armor, so it works. The way Hasbro included the suitcase for posing AND to house the oversized missile gimmick was clever, and far better than the usual tacky guns on the others. My only problems are that the hip balls are so smooth and perfect that they're impossible to snap by hand alone and the shoulder hinge is blocked from moving too much by a ridge in the shoulder pads. He is a very solid figure regardless (he has an extra hand to hold the suitcase, damn it!), but not as perfect as Movie War Machine.

I don't know exactly what I'm getting next. Probably Mark II, who is gorgeous, but the two I saw at Walmart looked like crap and I'll need to wait for more. I'm less keen on the comic versions for now, but I like the way they look. The Ditko Iron Man will probably end up mine, maybe Crimson Dynamo, and Hulkbuster is guaranteed. I may get Iron Monger because he's so gorgeous and more poseable, but I'm in need of the first movie's Cockpit Monger for scale accuracy first.

And before I forget! Like URS hinted, there are actually two Movie War Machine figures. The standard one has a red reactor and eyes, but the variant has them in blue instead. This variant is based on the Stealth Operations Iron Man that was a Walmart exclusive for the first movie, the armor that was War Machine in everything but name. Movie WM in either version is so poseable and unrestricted aside from the head, that he cannot be judged based on the comic version at all.

You can tell I'm excited by this line, right?

Edited by Boaconda, 09 March 2010 - 08:36 PM.

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

I opened Hypervelocity and one of my WarMachines today.

The Hypervelocity Armor is great! I'm glad I got that one. I really dig the color scheme, and he is just a fun sculpt, and surprisingly very pose-able. At first you would think his shoulder pads would greatly hinder his arm movement, but they are made of a soft plastic, so they sort of give when you move his arms upward.

I was disappointed in the Movie WarMachine. He's not that bad, but his missile launcher fits too loose, and likes to pop off, and the soft rubber ammo chain doesn't fit into the spot on the smaller shoulder gun, and won't stay in the larger missile launcher. And I don't understand why he comes with two different missiles....other than having the clean missile for standard display, and the fire missile maybe for action shots. <_< His head doesn't move very well either.

I still have the other variant to open though, so I will at least see if these issues are just a fluke for the first one. I actually thought the variant was a different figure when I first saw it. I looked up and saw the Red eyed WM, and then right next to him on another peg I saw the blue eyed one with the dirty wash, and thought he was a different armor.

And just a warning to you guys, I've seen quite a few packaging mistakes already. Saw 2 alone at Toys'R'Us the other day. One of the Iron Man figures was missing a Hand, and another Iron Man was packaged in the wrong packaging. Mark III and IV are not the same figures. :p But the one I saw at TRU could have fooled me. So just be cautious about these things when picking them out. Make sure hands and feet are accounted for, and don't accidentally buy 2 of the same figure. Though if you somehow do that, you can't see very well.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 10 March 2010 - 08:25 AM.

Posted Image

#12 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

Another thing I noticed at Wal-Mart is some new price markings. They indicate the price point for the new IM figs at $6.96 is a markdown from $7.88. So apparently they are starting this line with a promotional price. If it does well, they are going to raise it to $7.88 for sure. If sales are not so hot they could let it sail for awhile where it's at. No doubt, the price will reach even higher if sales perform better than expected (see Marvel Universe at $8.99 :angry: ). What am I getting at? Buy the figs you want now before they raise the price, kiddies!!! It could be a year or longer before they clearance them out.

#13 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

Your MU figs are $8.99 now? Hmm.. I didn't even think to check that. I know a number of wal-marts had Star Wars on sale at $6 each again, so I snagged a few of those I wanted. I'm afraid your right though. They just raised the Prices on their Star Wars comic packs 2 bucks. They may have been burning through toy stock for the past few months to prepare for more price hikes. :angry: I already have a hard time justifying MU at $8.44 each. I don't like the thought of paying another 55 cents each.

What I don't like, is Wal-mart wouldn't be selling these things at $6.99 each if they still weren't making a profit. They would move stock quicker and more efficiently at these lesser price points. 3 years ago this crap was $5.99 for this scale new.

Posted Image

#14 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

I'd noticed they were on sale at the $6.96 price (three cents cheaper than the nearest Target AND a better selection), but not the "original" price. Now, it's a given that the sale price won't last forever, but I would not expect the sale to end in the very near future. This is not unlike what Walmart was doing with their Transformers once all the stores updated to the new Hasbro MSRP, keeping a low flat price for a significant time. They're done it more than once (but never as low as the post-Universe price of $7.77 again) and are doing it right now for Deluxes and Scouts, at $10 and $7. I'd anticipate seeing the full price near the movie's release, but on sale again on the movie's release weekend or so.

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

Well, Opened Iron Monger. He is just Totally Awesome! Probably my favorite so far! He has Ball hinged wrists, and swivel Upper Arms which make a big difference! I was afraid he was gonna be clunky, but he is rather superb for a bulky figure of his scale. :)

Also really liked Crimson Dynamo. Not the best, but a fun figure for sure. No change on opinion with War Machine, I did notice he had 2 slots on each gun for the chain this time, but it doesn't make much difference. Though I'm able to fit it into the smaller gun and the slot on his back. Moving it pops it loose however.

So far my least favorite is Mark V. He is a nice sculpt, and I dig the suitcase launcher, but I have trouble with his Shoulder hinges. The plastic wants to catch at the socket, which sucks. And also as Boa mentioned his Hip ball Hinges are small and for some reason these were stuck pretty tight, and were the most difficult to break loose of all of them so far. Has that been mentioned? That the ball hinges tend to get stuck where they meet the pelvis? I've had this problem with most of them. Anyways, the small ball hinge on V makes it pretty difficult to get a decent pose out of him. And his right hand keeps wanting to fall off, and his left one was tight (which is the one you switch for his gripping hand, which doesn't grip to well onto the case at all.) But that's just my copy, it could vary from piece to piece. B)

My personal rating for my current acquisitions would be:

Iron Monger (Love the Size, and Articulation)
Mark II (Love the color, and Articulation)
Comic Mark I (Love the Sculpt period!)
Hypervelocity (Love the colors, and Sculpt)
Comic WarMachine (Love the Sculpt, and paint apps)
Crimson Dynamo (Fun character, not to great otherwise)
Deep Dive (Love the Colors, and the Concept)
Movie Mark I (Not a bad figure, but a tad too difficult to pose)
Movie WarMachines (Just a let down for me on Accessories, and pose-ability)
Mark V (Awesome Concept, and will kill in the movies, but the figure lacks alot in my opinion)

Posted Image

#16 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:31 AM

Kevin Mayle!! Good to see you.

Thanks!
I grabbed 8 of the figures and just realized that my Mark III has his legs reversed. I don't know if I can fix it or will just have to replace him.
Also, I don't care for the gigantic missle launcher on the movie series War Machine. I'm going to buy the unmasked version just to snag the accessory he has, and put it on the the masked version. Then I guess I'll just chuck the Cheadle face fig. Kind of a waste, I know.
I hope they make a Fin Fang Foom.

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 11 March 2010 - 02:35 AM.

#17 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Just a follow up. I was at Wally World last night. I double checked MU prices and they are set at $7.88. In an earlier post I mentioned they were at $8.99. My mistake. Although, the way prices have been fluctuating with toys lately it could have been at that point for awhile. I see Star Wars figs are now $6.00!! GI Joes range from $5 to like ~$7. OR, I'm thinking of Target. I think their MUs reached $8.99 at one time. OR, I'm thinking of ShopKo and their ridiculous cost of $9.99 per single MU figure B) !!!!! That is just a travesty and they should get together with Kmart if they ever want to figure out how to become competitive department stores again.

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:32 AM

Thanks!
I grabbed 8 of the figures and just realized that my Mark III has his legs reversed. I don't know if I can fix it or will just have to replace him.

How are they reversed? The entire legs switched around? If you run a very hot tap, and let him sit under it for about 3 to 5 minutes, it may soften up the plastic so you can pop the legs off at the thigh swivel and switch em back. I suggest wearing some cleaning glove or something so you can hold him under the tap while pulling.....If he breaks and you still have your receipt and packaging you can just return him for another. B)

Posted Image

#19 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

How are they reversed? The entire legs switched around? If you run a very hot tap, and let him sit under it for about 3 to 5 minutes, it may soften up the plastic so you can pop the legs off at the thigh swivel and switch em back. I suggest wearing some cleaning glove or something so you can hold him under the tap while pulling.....If he breaks and you still have your receipt and packaging you can just return him for another. B)

Yeah, the entire legs, top to bottom, are switched.
I'm going to attempt to fix him today. If he breaks, I'll get a replacement.

#20 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

OR, I'm thinking of ShopKo and their ridiculous cost of $9.99 per single MU figure :confused:

The nice thing about ShopKo is they had a sale around Christmas time that brougt they price down and since the normal price was so high I found a grey Hulk and variant Iron Fist.

On topic can't wait to pick up a few Guardsmen.

#21 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, ShopKo did provide me with 1 Grey Hulk too as well as Moon Knight, Iron Fist, and Union Jack. But like you said, I too got them around the holiday sale season when they were down to like $6.99 or maybe it was even a bit lower. All you can do when you walk down the toy aisles at ShopKo & Kmart is shake your head in bewilderment at their regular prices. It's sad and agitating all at once.

Yeah, doesn't Guardsmen look absolutely sick!!!! I have to admit I am not familiar with that character though. I'm guessing he's a villain? Any association to a team of evil doers? What's his novelty/super power?

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

No change on opinion with War Machine, I did notice he had 2 slots on each gun for the chain this time, but it doesn't make much difference. Though I'm able to fit it into the smaller gun and the slot on his back. Moving it pops it loose however.

So far my least favorite is Mark V. He is a nice sculpt, and I dig the suitcase launcher, but I have trouble with his Shoulder hinges. The plastic wants to catch at the socket, which sucks. And also as Boa mentioned his Hip ball Hinges are small and for some reason these were stuck pretty tight, and were the most difficult to break loose of all of them so far. Has that been mentioned? That the ball hinges tend to get stuck where they meet the pelvis? I've had this problem with most of them. Anyways, the small ball hinge on V makes it pretty difficult to get a decent pose out of him. And his right hand keeps wanting to fall off, and his left one was tight (which is the one you switch for his gripping hand, which doesn't grip to well onto the case at all.) But that's just my copy, it could vary from piece to piece. :confused:

Yeah, I mentioned it in my first post. Mark I, Movie version I think, seems to be the worst. I've heard of what, five or more breaking just among collectors!

Sucks that you don't think much of War Machine. I love the sculpt and everything but the head moves freely. How do you have the chaingun set up? I have it on his right and the ammo attached from his back to the left socket on the gun. Moves perfectly and stays in place unless you go crazy like spin it 360 degrees.

Mark V is like a bad but hot girlfriend. The things it does wrong are so very, very irritating, but it's so sexy that you can't stay away. Since I did get the hips on mine free (try pliers, but with a cloth so you don't indent the plastic or rip the paint off), the only glaring flaw left is those shoulders. I don't have any issues with the hands.

It is so sad that he's at the bottom of your list. :( But probably accurate as I don't have Monger (he's #3 for sure) or the other Marks.

Also, I don't care for the gigantic missle launcher on the movie series War Machine. I'm going to buy the unmasked version just to snag the accessory he has, and put it on the the masked version. Then I guess I'll just chuck the Cheadle face fig. Kind of a waste, I know.

I don't like it either only because it's so oversized. At a more reasonable size or with two big guns, it wouldn't be as bad. It stayed in the package, along with Mark V's missiles.

Don't toss Cheadle! :) I've been calling War Machine a Don Cheadle action figure already... and I love the sculpt, looks perfect.

On topic can't wait to pick up a few Guardsmen.

The Guardsmen are awesome, and I'm so glad that they're being made, but I don't think I'll bring myself to actually get them. I think I can get away with enjoying them from a distance, kinda like what I'm doing at the moment with comic Crimson Dynamo. If it was the Dynamo I remembered from the 90s, maybe, but he wasn't much of a villain then, and I specifically remember him in a comic where Tony was in the suit fighting Titanium Man, so that defeats his purpose in the toyline!

#23 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Here's my collection of them so far.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

wow, those are some snazzy pics. thanks kevin.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Yeah, doesn't Guardsmen look absolutely sick!!!! I have to admit I am not familiar with that character though. I'm guessing he's a villain? Any association to a team of evil doers? What's his novelty/super power?

The Guardsmen were a group of IronMan-esque characters, I don't remember much, but I know they were key players in the Separation Anxiety mini series, where the Life Foundation produced new symbiotes from samples of Venom and Carnage. They used to make occasional appearances in random comic series over the past 20+ years. I think there were a number with different armors, but I believe most looked the same. :(

So it's pretty cool to finally get one. I can't recall if we ever got one from Toybiz. As far as I know the only one I can think of was just part of a display base for a Marvel Legends figure...I think Spiderman.

Sucks that you don't think much of War Machine. I love the sculpt and everything but the head moves freely. How do you have the chaingun set up? I have it on his right and the ammo attached from his back to the left socket on the gun. Moves perfectly and stays in place unless you go crazy like spin it 360 degrees.

Mark V is like a bad but hot girlfriend. The things it does wrong are so very, very irritating, but it's so sexy that you can't stay away. Since I did get the hips on mine free (try pliers, but with a cloth so you don't indent the plastic or rip the paint off), the only glaring flaw left is those shoulders. I don't have any issues with the hands.

It is so sad that he's at the bottom of your list. :( But probably accurate as I don't have Monger (he's #3 for sure) or the other Marks.

Yeah, don't get me wrong Movie WM looks good, but I just don't like him that much. Looks don't always equal fun for me. I have the missile launcher on his left and the mini gun on his right with the ammo going from his back to the inside of the mini gun. I can imagine tons of kids losing his pieces, or just gluing them in place.

I did get V's hips loosened, but it took a lot of effort. He looks good as a display piece for sure, but he just isn't a fun figure for me. I'm not really sure if I'll be picking anymore up from these waves. I may just wait for that gorgeous Hulk Buster! I hope he is in scale, and at least the size of Iron Monger. :D

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com