32 replies to this topic

#1 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:12 AM

Wasn't exited enough to start its own thread before but now that I've seen better pics. of Series 2 I want.

New Excalibur (modern maybe) Captain Britain
Crossbones
U.S. Agent

All of these are major wants for me.
The rest I'll consider if they are on sale.

p.s. Despite the deluxe price tag I'm still exited about parachute Cap.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

Same with me. I also liked the Winter Soldier from this set. And the Bucky Cap may be worth a look, cause the MU version sucks.

I'm sure we will get a better Red Skull in this line as well, but I honestly can't see the Cap or Thor lines being as big as IMII.

I'm hoping they dig deep to fill out the Comic series.

Posted Image

#3 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

The sad thing is I don't even see them trying with the Thor line. I'll pick up a few on sale Thor to go with the other movie Avengers and anybody I can use in a custom figure but thats it. That's probably why nobody has started a Thor thread yet.

As for hoping they dig deep, bring on some Serpent Society!

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

If they gave us a serpent society comic wave or box set, I would be all sh#ts and giggles! :lol: Constrictor needs some buddies to snake around with. :D And they are all fun unique characters.

Too bad Hasbro forces out more hero hash than unique characters. How many 4" scale Iron Man figs have been released since 09'? 40?

Let me check......Hmm.... I'm counting around 50 counting variants, and still excluding Iron Man figures who are not intended to be Tony Stark. And that isn't counting the Armored Adventures series. Yuck...that's just sick. over the next 2 decades people will be finding piles of Iron Man figures at fleamarkets, thrift stores, and garage sales. Iron Man is officially the Western equivalent of Ultraman.

Posted Image

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Iron Man is officially the Western equivalent of Ultraman.

Absolutely not. Iron Man doesn't have the legacy, the impact on culture, or the history that Ultraman does. Equating one oversaturated movie and comic toyline to something of Ultraman's magnitude is insane. Superman or Batman, absolutely, but not Iron Man.

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

Absolutely not. Iron Man doesn't have the legacy, the impact on culture, or the history that Ultraman does. Equating one oversaturated movie and comic toyline to something of Ultraman's magnitude is insane. Superman or Batman, absolutely, but not Iron Man.

I didn't know I equated the film. It wasn't even a serious statement. I was mostly eluding to the vast quantity of Iron Man figures currently infesting the west to be greater than any other western character, and in my own way comparing it to how common it would be to find Ultraman toys in Japan. I see I should not have used the word officially. :lol:

I would probably agree with Supes or Bats. Maybe even Ninja Turtles. But I'm not an Ultra expert, and have never been to Japan, and wouldn't know the physical impact the character has had on that society. Supes has never had a successful toyline, and you would be hard pressed to find a pile of superman figures anywhere. Batman hasn't had a powerful toyline in a while, and other than people quoting Batman flicks, and dressing up on halloween then saying "I'm Batman."; I can't think of any immediate strongly ingrained influence except within other mediums. Spider-Man is a strong candidate as well.

IronMan has a similar appeal to children as Spider-Man and Batman do. Guy in a robot suit. Though the characters "History" is very weak. He makes for some great toys, and Red and yellow remind children of Happy Meals, so when they see Iron Man they think Ronald McDonald, and relate that to playtime, Hamburgers, and free Toys! :woot: :lol:

But anyway, that does make for a great debate, but it doesn't belong in this thread. :unsure:

Captain America has very little to no appeal to children, and with the exception of people recognizing him as a familiar fictitious American Hero, I just can't see him having a toyline with an impact level of either Batman, Spiderman, or Ironman.

Posted Image

#7 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

For some reason...USAgent has always resonated with me. Im not sure why. You'd think id be all giddy about his figure being released...

Yet im not.

I think its a scale issue...
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#8 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

http://www.actionfig...-for-April-2011

New three pack pictures are out, Red Guardian awesome, to bad it is a K-Mart exclusive.

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, I like that pack. Just hate we have to buy a Cap to get a Brit and Red fig. I kinda would prefer an original style Red Guardian figure though. Maybe we will get one in the MU line. Ugh... that's the one thing I hate about these lines. repacks and repaints. When all we want are new characters and complete teams. Could you imagine? A full team of Winter Guard? Just give us a Darkstar and Ursa Major and we can have a half decent roster. We already have a Crimson Dynamo from the IM2 line. Where the hell is our hulk size Titanium Man anyway.

Posted Image

#10 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

I'd just need an Ursa Major, I'm working on a Darkstar custom right now. Yeah, I would prefer a more classic Red Guardian look but I can live with some characters not being 100% acurate.

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

Found Cap figs at a few stores this weekend. Had singles and deluxe figs at Target, and was surprised to find some at my local record store too. I picked up a winter Soldier. Be careful with their head pegs, they are kind of week. Got some major stress while trying to get his head to move. But he looks good if you can find em with good paint apps.

Can't wait for the K-Mart 3 pack, and Crossbones.

Posted Image

#12 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

My Target was all set up for Captain America but there was no product on the pegs yet. Hopefully they wait until monday but they probably will do it tonight. I might plan a Sat. morning toy run.

#13 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

I'm very interested in picking a few of these up. I really like the Winter Soldier, and the Crossbones looks great! I'm also interested in any Red Skulls they throw our way. I really want the Bucky Cap; I just hate that he comes with a gimmick shield instead of the real thing.

Saw a few of these in a local toy shop today, but the prices were a bit too high there. I'm hoping to score some this week if they show up at Target. How much are they going for at retail?

Edited by pallidmask, 15 May 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#14 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

I believe they were like $8 bucks give or take depending on the store. I think I paid $7.99 for my Winter Soldier at Target. Not bad really.

His rocket pack is kind of cool, but doesn't stay on very well. I would have preferred they just have given him a sniper case.

Posted Image

#15 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Just an FYI: Hasbro in its infinite wisdom only included one Crossbones and Red Skull figure per case of Captain America figures. Have fun with that. :confused:

#16 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

His rocket pack is kind of cool, but doesn't stay on very well. I would have preferred they just have given him a sniper case.

That would have been a cool accessory. Looks like POC Low-Light might be loaning his case out on occasion...

Just an FYI: Hasbro in its infinite wisdom only included one Crossbones and Red Skull figure per case of Captain America figures. Have fun with that. :confused:

I especially enjoy that the only two villains in the line so far are the hardest to get. Maybe they're planning a rec room playset for the various heroes to hang out in while they wait for the bad guys to show?

Well, if the two are really hard to find at retail, hopefully we'll get a revision case?

#17 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

People are already finding wave 2. Anyone else seeing these things? Captain Britain, Red Skull, CrossBones, Bucky Cap, US Agent... Crap, I know I'm gonna end up buying this whole wave. :no:

I find it interesting that Cap figs are probably gonna out sell Thor figs. I hope they finally see why. Nobody wants cruddy movie figures. Give us Comic figs dumb heads.

Posted Image

#18 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

People are already finding wave 2. Anyone else seeing these things? Captain Britain, Red Skull, CrossBones, Bucky Cap, US Agent... Crap, I know I'm gonna end up buying this whole wave. :no:

As I mentioned earlier, a nearby toy shop had series one and two out, so I'm hoping these things are popping up nearby. I hit up my local Target and TRU the other day, but it looked like only series 1 arrived here. Picked up the Winter Soldier--he's great! His weapons are a little too rubbery for me, but I've got tons of cool Joe firearms for him to choose from. I'm really contemplating the Battlefield Cap, too. To conserve space/money/sanity I try to stick to just one definitive version of a Marvel character for my collection, but old-school Cap is sufficiently different enough for me...

I just found out there's a nearby comic book store that carries lots of toys, I might check them out, too. I really want Red Skull, Crossbones and probably Bucky Cap, and it seems like I'll have to hustle to find the first two on the shelves.

#19 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

One of my Wal-Marts finally got their Cap stuff out and they stocked wave 2, I was able to score short-pack 1 with the Red Skull but Crossbones wasn't out. I also picked up Capt. Britain but passed on the remaining U.S.Agent due to some bad paint apps on the mask. Double stoked on the Red Skull because I didn't open my SDCC Invaders pack so now I have one I can play with.

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

I'm tempted to switch heads from my Invaders Skull with the new one if I find it. Bet it won't fit though. The invaders head was perfect.

Posted Image

#21 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

Just got home with Crossbones and U.S.Agent now I can start cherry picking the various Captain Americas out there. I also saw Thor this afternoon and might be giving those movie figures a second look because I really had a good time at the movies.

#22 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

K-Mart exclusive 3 packs are stocked now, figs are disappointing unfortunately but my local store has about 30 of the packs :-P
-Barry

#23 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

Okay, I see what your trying to do Hasbro. This has to be the most obvious attempt to shill OCD Collectors out of their money. :rolleyes:

http://marvelousnews...23&itemid=14125

Posted Image

#24 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

Glad I saw this now because I might buy Bucky Cap/Crossbones since I haven't bought the Bucky Cap yet but I think I'll just buy the single carded Winter Soldier. I already have the 3 pack Cap and I'm sure I'll end up with two or three more before I'm done with this line.

#25 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

eff you Hasbro (it was Hasbro, right?)! :wallbash:

So Lil' Veers has become a Captain America fan (thanks to Super Hero Squad: Captain America to the Rescue! and Marvel Heroes (Look and Find)). Trying to be an awesome Dad I showed him the trailer too (I might have been bribing him to wash his hair :blush: ). At this point he knows Captain America and that he "battles" Red Skull.

Speeding this story up a bit, he gets to pick-out a toy. When Target has the Captain America pegs and no figures he loses his mind - tears for 30 minutes. Everyday for a week I hear, "Can we go to Target? Can we go to Target?" FINALLY we go, and in typical Lil' Veers fashion, he asks, "Where's Red Skull?"

Sorry buddy they short-packed him. eff you Hasbro. Everyday I hear, "Do you think they have Red Skull yet?"

How do you have a movie release and not stock the bad guy?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com