Star Wars MIGHTY MUGGS

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#126 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yep, that's why I was a tad hesitant on snagging the Venom. But he was lonely, and I've been wanting one. :angry: Alot of the muggs were scalped as well. When they were still hot, and Hasbro hadn't basically killed it with delays. Almost all the Target/Toys'R'Us exclusives were bought up by individuals for resale on eBay. I was fortunate to find 1 Target Exclusive Star Wars mugg. Other than that I never saw any of the others. So alot of allegedly rare figures are going dirt cheap now. I need to pick me up a few sometime...before muggs take back off, if they ever do.

I've been waiting for that Shockwave and Jazz mugg for ages now. :) Screw those movie versions...they look like customs.

Posted Image

#127 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

Almost all the Target/Toys'R'Us exclusives were bought up by individuals for resale on eBay.

I just don't understand this. :angry:

Anyways, I'm surprised this line is still around at all. It seems like they are always trying to blow out these figures at clearance prices. I will add my own experience with them. Mrs. Veers bought me a Stormtrooper and Boba Fett. I liked them enough to keep them, but knew I would buy anymore.

So I gave the Stormtrooper to Lil' Veers, and while he liked it for a little while it was the blaster that made the biggest impact. He still plays with the blaster more than the figure. He probably has 6 other "blasters" from squirt guns to his Stormtrooper Blaster, but none of them get the attention that little Mighty Muggs blaster gets.

#128 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

Yeah, I can see that Veers, the blasters and pistols, and most weapons for that matter from the mugg lines are just way cool, and If I was small enough to run around playing with just the blaster, I'd do it. :wacko:

I've seen tons of muggs on clearance, but only the riff raff figures. Tarkin, Solo, Luke, Windu, Doc Oc, Emperor, Obiwan, Most Joe muggs, and Indiana Jones, etc.. Only the lamo less appealing characters or sets seem to get stuck on shelves. Top tier characters or just cool looking muggs got scooped up pretty quickly. Bossk, Boba, Clones, Thor, Venom, soundwave, megatron, cobra commander, Darth Revan, etc.

But really, aside from a small community of collectors, I don't know if anyone will get back into these. Toys'R'Us is supposed to be th only carrier from reports. So that's a big hit on limited stores to get these guys. I think Hasbro pretty much got lazy and didn't put all the nails in the coffin, so the zombies could escape. TRU will never put anything on clearance though. So they some may just rot on shelves for ever.

Posted Image

#129 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

Well, for those few of you, if any, who actually care. Toys'R'Us now has new Muggs in stock. I found them today. They had the new Transformers Movie Muggs, and FINALLY!!! After what felt like forever I was able to buy the Jazz and Shockwave Muggs! I've been waiting on these guys since shots popped up on the net! Still $11.99 is steep, and it was almost depressing to walk out with a $25 dollar deficit for 2 Muggs. :lol: But as mentioned TRU never seems to clearance this kind of thing. I really miss that $9.99 price mark they had when they first came out.

They also had a ton of Joe Muggs in stock, but I didn't see any of the new ones, like Shipwreck or Serpentor. Just a mix of old waves.

Posted Image

#130 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

We set a new Star Wars endcap at my Target today,and these Mini-Mugg 3-packs were among the inhabitants.
These are kinda cool,and probably should have been mini's like this from the beginning. They go for $12.99 (I think) per 3-pack. I was tempted to buy one,but I'm so low on funds right now that I'll be eating top ramen for the next 7 days (seriously :rofl: )

Posted Image
photo taken from ebay

#131 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, I've been waiting to see these guys for myself. I liked what I saw from the Con earlier this year. I may pick up a few. I like the scale, and think they would go great with the bigger muggs. But I'm not sure I want to buy them yet. Hopefully next time I'm in Target they will have them in stock. I really dig the Bounty Hunter Pack.

If they do very well, I can imagine Hasbro doing 3 packs for Marvel or TF. So I could easily get suckered into a smaller scale series. 3 to a pack is perfect as well. Love my Big Muggs, but for the same price of 1 normal Mugg, you could get 3 smaller muggs which means more characters.

Heck, I don't have nothing to do this weekend, maybe I'll go look for em tomorrow or something.

Posted Image

#132 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

3 to a pack is perfect as well. Love my Big Muggs, but for the same price of 1 normal Mugg, you could get 3 smaller muggs which means more characters.

Exactly what I was thinking URS. :yes:
I knew if anybody would respond to these,it'd be you buddy! :D

#133 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:55 AM

Well, as usual it's your fault. You alone got me into 2 of my favorite collections. Oh the money I've spent because of you Cz! :yes:

Here is the result of your evil action! :D

Attached File  100_1487.JPG   573.81K   19 downloads

Posted Image

#134 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

Awesome display, URS. Now I wnats a display case... :D

:yes:
Posted Image

#135 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

Thanks! That display is actually pretty heavy, even though it's not extremely big. It has a solid wood back though. It's pretty old, got it from my Dad, he used to keep his antique Fishing Reels in it.

I've also found that if you want your collection to look bigger than it really is, stacking the boxes with the heaviest art side facing out gives the illusion of a large collection. :D This is probably my favorite display I have right now.

It's really hard to find just the perfect display case. The one I have my MU figs in was an old homemade wood chifforobe type case. So the door frame is wood, and causes a big divide down the center where the doors close together. So I'll open the doors sometimes for a few days just to make it look better.

I'd advise asking family and friends if they have any glass or acrylic display cases that they don't use anymore, chances are they will give em to you, or sell em to you cheap. I have my ROC and POC Joe collection currently arranged in a giant Timex Tower, that you can spin around. It's like it was designed for them on their Stands.

Posted Image

#136 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

:D HOLY CRAP URS !!!!!!
That's quite a collection ! I love the display case in the middle. It seems to fit the size of Mighty Muggs perfectly.
Time to find a spot for the new mini-muggs eh? :yes:

#137 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

:D HOLY CRAP URS !!!!!!
That's quite a collection ! I love the display case in the middle. It seems to fit the size of Mighty Muggs perfectly.
Time to find a spot for the new mini-muggs eh? :D

Thanks, and yeah, I was surprised at how well they fit in that case. I used 1200 count card boxes for the back row of each shelf also I believe.

And yes, I do have to find a spot for my Mini Muggs. :D I picked a set of em up this evening, and just opened them. They are fantastic. Just like the big ones. My only gripe is that their weapons are part of the arms. So you can't remove them, or turn them. :lol: That's the only problem I have with em. Each box of Minis take up the same amount of space as a Mighty Mugg box, as well, just elongated. I stacked the Mini boxes flat, and they are the same size as 3 large boxes. They are actually pretty heft little fellas too. I can't wait to see if they release more. One Target was completely out of them already, except 2 packs. The one I got mine at still had fresh stock.

Thanks for the heads up Cz!

Posted Image

#138 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

wow awesome set up and collection. I really like that Darth Maul without the shirt, I hadnt seen that one.

#139 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

wow awesome set up and collection. I really like that Darth Maul without the shirt, I hadnt seen that one.

The shirtless Maul is by far one of the best looking ones in the set. If my display were bigger I'd be less picky with which Muggs I buy. If you notice I have 2 slots left in the TF section... Hoping Hasbro will give us that Iron Hide they canceled, and maybe another G1 character.

The Mini muggs are just neat though. I wasn't sure about getting all three packs at first, as I didn't really want smaller versions of Vader or Yoda, but the Vader turned out to be one of my favorite ones. He is very shiny/Glossy, even more so than the large ones. I really like that. They are like Little Debbie Cakes, you want to just eat em all. :)

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 17 October 2010 - 06:48 AM.

Posted Image

#140 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

*Bump* for Doc :)

#141 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

Haha thanks, yeah the mini mugs are sweet, I picked up two boxes. I am still amazed at this set.

#142 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

Just a note for you guys, Ross/TJmaxx and the like have MM for $3.00-$3.99 a piece.

Trying to clear out old stuff at X-mas.

I have seen Destro, Phoenix, Duke, each one has randomly different guys.

You really have to look through the place, it's similar to looking for toys at a K-mart.
Posted Image

#143 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Just a note for you guys, Ross/TJmaxx and the like have MM for $3.00-$3.99 a piece.

Trying to clear out old stuff at X-mas.

I have seen Destro, Phoenix, Duke, each one has randomly different guys.

You really have to look through the place, it's similar to looking for toys at a K-mart.

:lol: Yeah, I have had a hard time finding toys at K-mart in the right places many times.

I actually snagged quite a few Muggs from those stores over the past year or so. I got my Logan, Sabretooth, and Cyclops from Marshalls though (thought they were online exclusives ;) ). So that's another chain that's good to check for Super Clearance items. Aren't all three chains owned by the same corporation or something? Their hideously huge price tags all look the same. Been looking for a Phoenix, really dig going in these stores just to see what new stuff they have! I even found a ton of Star Wars Comic Packs there on the cheap last year.

And lastly, I still have my fingers crossed on more Mini Muggs. I'd simply LOVE to get some Marvel Mini Muggs. They would look great in a separate case with the Standard Galactus Mugg. :D

Posted Image

#144 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

So who wants to buy me these! :woot:

http://marvelousnews...23&itemid=14210

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com