98 replies to this topic

#1 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Who here collects or collected the MOTU figures? I used to get alot of the old ones when I was younger. When I realized they started up again with the 200x series I was back with them and got as much as I could. Now they are back again with the classics look and Im getting them off and on depending on the character.

As of right now I only a few of my figures out, but cant really get a good angle on them do to the temp limited space. That and about 85% of my 200x line is put away and all the originals are put away as well. But for now here goes my favorite of the 200x line.

Posted Image

Thanks to a certain boardmember for the help with the Keldor head for the custom look, can't belive it took me all this time to finally make a cape for him as well.

Posted Image

#2 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

Man i really wish i could get my hands on a Keldor. I managed to get the She-Ra exclusive really cheap, but he and Venom Spitting Kahn are still pretty expensive and the only two things i need to finish out my 2002 line.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#3 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

I was lucky enough to get Keldor from one of the extras that were given to .org The other one is a Spin Blade Skeletor with custom cape and head by THEGODBEAST. I was so close to getting the She-Ra off of ebay but missed out at the last minute.

Man i really wish i could get my hands on a Keldor. I managed to get the She-Ra exclusive really cheap, but he and Venom Spitting Kahn are still pretty expensive and the only two things i need to finish out my 2002 line.

Posted Image

#4 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:32 AM

Classic collector here. The original figures had so many clever actions. blood curdling being a good example with mosquitor. Iwish i had the laser figures but somethings are just too far out of reach.

#5 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

That Keldor was a pain in the butt to get even when he first came out. I worked two conventions for Wizkids at the Wizard World's he was being given out at, tried each day on break to get him, and failed each day.

#6 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

Gimme everything you got!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

I only really collect the classic line. I think I have some pics of a few pieces in my collection post if you want a look.

#7 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

That Keldor was a pain in the butt to get even when he first came out. I worked two conventions for Wizkids at the Wizard World's he was being given out at, tried each day on break to get him, and failed each day.

Yeah I heard about the pains from board members at the .org. I felt so happy when a set amount was offered there to those that didnt make it to the con.

I only really collect the classic line. I think I have some pics of a few pieces in my collection post if you want a look.

Your talking about the originals or the new classics? Woudnt mind seeing pics either way.

Posted Image

#8 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

The originals from the 80's. I think I only have pics of Monstroid and Spydor up, though I can take a picture of my carded figures pretty easy. The rest of the collection is a little more difficult-I have random pieces (greyskull, laserbolt, etc.) spread around the room, and nearly ALL the loose/complete figs are boxed up at the moment. I'll see what I can do, though.

#9 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

just won Faker off of ebay alittle while ago. So now Im up to Skeletor, Faker, Stratos, Hordak and Merman. Might wait until I get the two in the mail before I do a picture of these guys though. About to do my Hordak video though so I can have it up by tomorrow.

Posted Image

#10 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Classics
Posted Image

and got these in from UPS and USPS today.

Posted Image

Boy oh boy, Merman and UPS....that shipping box was all tore up, and the Mercard ended up all warped. Good thing I was opening him though, although its nice to get a perfect item.

Now I have 2 official Keldors, one MIB, one open....3 if you count the custom one as well.

Posted Image

#11 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

yep i collect he man have a small addiction here is a small part

Attached Files

#12 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

dude your army of slime pit monsters is sick!

=0
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#13 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

Love MotU! The love has geown as my daughter has found an interest as well. Evil-Orko, looks like you have a pretty bad ass collection!

#14 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

thank you for the comments living in england though gives me loads of problems like when he ro is on sale if anyone is going to sdcc and could pick me up he ro please let me know

#15 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

Man you must of bought a bunch of slime pits to get all those monsters. Cant you order the He Ro from matty's site?

Posted Image

#16 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

Should have Faker tomorrow, my Bronze King should be here by hopefully Thursday.

Posted Image

#17 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:52 AM

faker is one of the best figures in the motuc line so far and i cant wait till that secret warroir ring comes out also.

as for the slime pit monster yep i must have opened 30 slimepits at least so far.

as for he ro yep i can order him through the site but sdcc has a small logo on his chest so i really want both if i can get my hands on them

#18 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

faker is one of the best figures in the motuc line so far and i cant wait till that secret warroir ring comes out also.

as for the slime pit monster yep i must have opened 30 slimepits at least so far.

as for he ro yep i can order him through the site but sdcc has a small logo on his chest so i really want both if i can get my hands on them

Whats Warrior ring?

You end up selling the pits or did you keep them all?

Yeah I know about the little icon, thought you just wanted the character for the character.

I moved my figs to a different shelf, also got in Faker as well, great figure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:33 AM

faker was done well hordak is my favorite right now! i'm just waiting for trapjaw and stinkor to be released! teela looks awesome too. i wshouldn't have any problem getting both hero's not geting all 3 stones could prove difficult?

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#20 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

here goes a quick picture before I do my video on it, and then after the vid I can actually put it up with the rest of the collection. Shame that the box wont fit on the shelf though.

Posted Image

faker was done well hordak is my favorite right now! i'm just waiting for trapjaw and stinkor to be released! teela looks awesome too. i wshouldn't have any problem getting both hero's not geting all 3 stones could prove difficult?

=)

Yes, I would be really really happy if a Stinkor was released....pissed if I missed out on it though. He-ro sucks for those that want all variants and such cause of his hidden jewels.

Posted Image

#21 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

Here goes the king with his group

Posted Image

still want to make a base for him though, but for now its good.

Posted Image

#22 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

I gotta say, I'm pretty unfamiliar with this new 'classics' line. Where can you pick them up at, besides online? Any stores sell them? I really only collect the originals, but my brother has a good fondness for newly released stuff.

#23 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

I've seen bigbadtoystore.com carry a small selection of them at inflated prices. They sell out so fast on the Mattel site that any other online store sells out quickly too. But if you go to the he-man.org forums you can usually make a decent deal with someone.

#24 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:24 AM

yeah ghost lion is right bbts is over priced & brian's toys has them as well (still too pricey!) i have seen some sleeper auctions go for cheap, but the one your gonna pay for is he-man & king greyskull. skeletor has come down in price, and if your lucky and can attend SDCC you might be able to get them for retail.

i'll have to post my motuc display pics one of these days!

=)

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:07 AM

I don't like to play the exclusives game that companies have been introducing alot lately. I'm very sad that I can't really afford to buy into the classics line myself, and the $20 retail price for a 6" inch fig is just terrible to me. :( If these were being sold at stores it would be different for sure, but the product quality would surely have suffered. Maybe I'll be able to buy into this line one day, but it isn't a priority. It's quite fun either way to see the new figures they have out each month, and with such a large roster of great characters still waiting to be made there is the chance that this line will last a few more years, if Mattel can handle it.

I'm actually thrilled to see that they will be making some originally untouched characters like He-Ro. He is just a cool looking character to me. Personally I would like to see them make Strong-Arm. And wouldn't it be nifty if they at least did some modern version of some of the more popular playsets or vehicles?

So despite not being able to collect them right now, I'm still enjoying this line in some form. :huh:

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com