40 replies to this topic

#1 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

Do we know of any other sunburst Battle Beasts other than the Lion? On the package is says that one could be a sunburst. Then on the back it says capture all of the sunbursts beasts? Sounds like there are more of them but I have never saw one yet.

#2 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

For me the 2 pack sunburst beast is like the Monster in my pocket with a star on the back : it's a legend.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#3 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

This is all I can find. http://www.toyarchiv...ericanList.html He should of shown a picture.

#4 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

There was someone a few years back that said they had a Sunburst Walrus or Penguin. I do not remember if it was determined to be fake or not. There is a thread on it somewhere.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

A SUNBURST Penguin!?!?!
You gotta be kidding :)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

Your right it does say that any beast could be a sun beast. But all I know about is the lion. I'm hoping maybe some older members on here could tell us some more info.

#7 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

In Japan you could obtain a sunburst rub symbol on a trading card in random Series G&H boxed figures.
The child then could apply it to any Beast they desired.

The only Beast sold with the sunburst symbol was White Leo in the Sunburst giftset.

No Beasts have been found carded with the sunburst symbol.
If they were released in the USA in any kind of number we would all have a few.

#8 Zion808

Zion808

Wrath of God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

So basically, if there are no sunburst figures besides the lion, or the sticker you would get from japan, the advertisement to randomly get a sun was just a ploy to get kids to buy more packs.

#9 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

So basically, if there are no sunburst figures besides the lion, or the sticker you would get from japan, the advertisement to randomly get a sun was just a ploy to get kids to buy more packs.

Maybe a mistake in production from China ?

#10 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

So basicly its the first pokemon plot. Gotta Catchem all. HAHA

#11 Zion808

Zion808

Wrath of God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

If they havent showed up by now, they may have been a mistake, or a very strategic marketing move. Hasbro must have known that they did not produce them, either purposely, or by accident. And if they were not produced by mistake, it would have been too costly to revise all the existing packaging. And no one would have known at that time- there were no forums/websites to communicate with. You would just think your pack wasnt the lucky one and buy another one. The only true way to prove this, is if mint 2 or 8 packs are opened, and have the sun symbol-which wouldnt be wise. Even if multiple beasts starts coming out with authentic burst symbols, they may have originated from japan.

#12 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

There has to be one. I have my eye on a sunburst Leo now. I need a sunburst bat or carp to battle him.

#13 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

The sunburst symbol offered as a chase in Japan can be put on the beast of your choice ... if you ever find one in new condition.

But the sunburst warrior in USA should be a different symbol than the japanese one. It was offered during the second style symbol period so I guess that it should be a second style too like the sun drawn on the cards and boxes.

#14 Zion808

Zion808

Wrath of God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

So the question becomes, does anyone on here have one, or have pics of one

#15 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

So the question becomes, does anyone on here have one, or have pics of one

I'm affraid not.

Have been searching trough some older posts on here and although several beasts have been mentioned with Sunburst (Orangatang, Penguin, Bulldog, Black Panter) there was never a picture with it that has confirmed it. And a lot of these are mentioned by people who've 'heard' about it..........

And even if these existed the chance is really big in that case it has been a figure from Japan on which the Sunburst sticker has been used. Because beside the sunburst leo that was available there was also a sunburst card that was randomly placed in single boxes as far as I understood on which a sunburst rub was attached that could be used on any figure.

But hearing about the Sunburst Penguin I'm eager to see how close I can get to the original source of this one, so far it looks like we've to get back to posts of 2005/2006 so there's a big chance these members are already out of the game.

So all Sunburst beasts outside the Lion mentioned on the board have never been confirmed and due to that its also not confirmed if it might have been an original rub or just a repo.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#16 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

The sunburst symbol offered as a chase in Japan can be put on the beast of your choice ... if you ever find one in new condition.

But the sunburst warrior in USA should be a different symbol than the japanese one. It was offered during the second style symbol period so I guess that it should be a second style too like the sun drawn on the cards and boxes.

Great point, I have never seen or heard of a full color sunburst rub.

#17 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Not sure if I like the part about a random figure being a sunburst or the multiple billion dollar company coming up with a scam on little kids more. Does anyone know any hasbro employees? What about that guy off of eBay that was selling the beast eater deal. He knows someone?

#18 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

I don't post much, but I've been lurking around since 2004, I've never seen a pic of any sunburst beast. Pics are rare for a sunburst lion, as few want to get it out of packaging, and it's hard to activate the rub beneath the plastic in order to take a proper picture. I can't tell you that I know what the sunburst emblem looks like.
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#19 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

I don't post much, but I've been lurking around since 2004, I've never seen a pic of any sunburst beast. Pics are rare for a sunburst lion, as few want to get it out of packaging, and it's hard to activate the rub beneath the plastic in order to take a proper picture. I can't tell you that I know what the sunburst emblem looks like.

Please have a look at this recent topic were I've posted a pic of my Sunburst lion a few days ago.

I don't think and can't believe Hasbro has never produced these Sunburst beasts and only placed the trigger on the packaging. We know a lot about the beasts with all of us out here and also due to all the people out on the board before us BUT we don't know everything. We all know how much figs have been produced and how much there are still out there with zero connection to the collectors scene so I'm pretty sure that there most be a few out there. Maybe it was a run of 1 in 10.000 than there is still a pretty big chance we don't know about it. And I think also the amount of people out here knowing exactly which symbols their still carded figures have wont be that high. But I assume that with warm weather or under warmer conditions these rubs will become visible as well even within the packaging. So some might even still be carded.......... Who knows?

Guess this is one of the issues out here that'll become hard to solve as long as we can't get our hands on one or get a reaction of a hasbro employee.

Would've been cool if they'd have made a sunburst for the LB line as well :)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#20 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Is there anyway to show a rub sign while in the package?

#21 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Whoa!

Here it is

Attached Files

#22 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Whoa!

Here it is

Is that a reproduction or authentic rub ? Are you familiar with the difference ?

There are hundreds of Beasts around with reproduction Burstsun rubs.

#23 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

no idea I just found the picture. Whats the differance anyways?

#24 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Whoa!

Here it is

If that is a loose figure, that doesn't really mean anything. The search for another Sunburst Beast is a futile.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#25 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

You are telling me that. There is no sunburst and the only proof would be one sealed in the package?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com