Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:27 AM

Can anyone itdentify the remaining figs in this lot? I know what the ones with the "X"s are.

Attached File  tnmt.jpg   168.4K   234 downloads

The seller listed the lot as cereal premiums but obviously that is not the case (at least for some of them). I can post better pics when I receive them if needed.

Thanks!! :(

Edited by Liz Sherman, 19 February 2008 - 09:29 AM.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#2 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:44 AM

The grey motor-looking guys are from Ghostbusters. They went in the trunk of a yellow convertable that morphed into a preying mantis thing.

The blue guy is also from Ghostbusters, and I think it's from the running version of a purple blob-like guy.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#3 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

The black think looks like an alien from the Alien series of movies, but I could be completely wrong. I'm not even a tenth as good at spotting stuff as the other people on this board.

#4 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:02 AM

The blue one is as I thought.

http://www.freewebs....gbta/ghosts.htm
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#5 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

The two squids with fins for heads are from Mighty Max. They are from the Series 2 Doom Zone "Mighty Max Caught by the Man Eater."

When the playset was open, they were two monster squids. When the playset was closed, it formed a shark with these two being the side fins of the shark. Here's a pic of it open, showing the squids:

http://www.virtualto...hark_2_crop.jpg

And here is a pic of the playset closed, showing the shark:

http://www.virtualto...hark_1_crop.jpg

I actually had this set back in the day. I used to love Mighty Max. This thread got me to look a bunch of them. My favorite was the Wolfship 7 playset.

Eric

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

The two squids with fins for heads are from Mighty Max. They are from the Series 2 Doom Zone "Mighty Max Caught by the Man Eater."

I knew it! There's always those noticeable "things that look like other things" in those sets, and I suspected as much in my post... which didn't go through when I tried posting it. :lol:

Like I was trying to say, mimo was right. The black thing is an accessory to the Alien Queen, from Kenner's Aliens toyline. It's supposed to be a Queen Chestburster, I believe.

#7 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

The little blue snake dude with the hat, and the orange creature with the long, skinny legs might be TMNT companion figs -- especially since there are so many TMNT companion figs in the lot.

Not sure what the green snake things are, but TGB has a bunch too: Green Snake Guys

So to summarize what I've shared: I have no clue what you've got. :lol:

Edited by Soupie, 19 February 2008 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image

#8 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Like I was trying to say, mimo was right. The black thing is an accessory to the Alien Queen, from Kenner's Aliens toyline. It's supposed to be a Queen Chestburster, I believe.

Nice memory that it came with the Queen, I couldn't remember! I have that figure along with the Bull and the Gorilla, they came with mini face huggers in red and blue respectively. The black chestbuster is the coolest by far though. I got the figures in about '92/'93 while on holiday in Florida so there's some sentimental value, if I got another chestbuster I'd be tempted to heat the tail and bend/curl it to see if I could make it stand alone...

Posted Image

#9 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

The little blue snake dude with the hat, and the orange creature with the long, skinny legs might be TMNT companion figs -- especially since there are so many TMNT companion figs in the lot.

Not sure what the green snake things are, but TGB has a bunch too: Green Snake Guys

So to summarize what I've shared: I have no clue what you've got. ;)

Gee...thanks :lol: :o

But seriously, I had the same thought about the blue guy. I'll have to take a closer look when I actually get them.

Edited by Liz Sherman, 19 February 2008 - 02:39 PM.

#10 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

that blue snake thing looks like it should be a TMNT companion figure but I've never come across it...it would be nice if it was

Apart from the 4 already on Toypedia (that are also actually in the lot above) here are the one's I have minus the blue monkey and the cactus guy (all to be on Toypedia soon!) and it would fit in great with them :lol::

Attached File  TMNTcomp.jpg   41.25K   47 downloads

Edited by matthewf1tz, 19 February 2008 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

I've got that TMNT red bird - there was a military-themed bunch of Turtles, and it came with Navy Mike. Mikey's seen better days though. Stupid legs snapping off.

#12 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

The two green snakes with the human-shaped heads came with this big castle playset i used to have when i was little. The castle itself was a big metal rectangle that folded up and had a handle for carrying it. It came with a bunch of different knights, some blue wizards, these snakes, catapults that shot tiny plastic rocks, and some other stuff. I believe one side of the castle had a drawbridge that could be pulled up via little tiny chains.

I can't remember exactly what it was called or who made it though, sorry. :)

Man, now i really miss that thing...so much sharp metal and tiny objects....
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#13 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

Received the lot today.

I managed to identify the brown bunny creature from the markings on the bottom. It is an Alpha Critter (or Alpha Pet) from a childrens book series of the same name. It is the letter X.

Attached File  alphabottom.jpg   126.11K   14 downloads

I still haven't idenified the orange guy and the there was also a brown dinosaur creature that wasn't pictured. They both just say Hong Kong on them and are very cheap plastic. The cool thing about the brown one is that is actaully stands on its feet without needing to lean on the tail (pretty rare in such a cheap figure). The orange one has very strange feet...both have three "toes" but one faces the side and one faces the front.

Attached File  orangebrown.jpg   92.13K   39 downloads

Then there's the blue snake guy. I was really hoping that he was a TMNT companion fig but I am not so sure. He is the same size and material but he has a peg on his back (like he is supposed to hook onto something). None of the TMNT figs that I have are like that.

Attached File  bluefront.jpg   141.35K   66 downloadsAttached File  blueback.jpg   135.45K   52 downloads

Any thoughts??

Edited by Liz Sherman, 28 February 2008 - 11:55 PM.

#14 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:15 AM

Then there's the blue snake guy. I was really hoping that he was a TMNT companion fig but I am not so sure. He is the same size and material but he has a peg on his back (like he is supposed to hook onto something). None of the TMNT figs that I have are like that.

Actually a few of the TMNT figures I have are like that -- that is, the weapons and "clothing" they have are made of animals that they are supposed to wear. I just got the Gorilla character and he has an ammo belt that is actually a big python and a machine gun that has a lizard attached to it. So the fact that your blue guy has a peg on him like that doesn't rule him out from being a TMNT figgy.

He also seems to be at the perfect scale for TMNT figures. I'm sure someone's bound to recognize him, and I'll keep searching myself.
Posted Image

#15 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

I still haven't idenified the orange guy and the there was also a brown dinosaur creature that wasn't pictured. They both just say Hong Kong on them and are very cheap plastic. The cool thing about the brown one is that is actaully stands on its feet without needing to lean on the tail (pretty rare in such a cheap figure). The orange one has very strange feet...both have three "toes" but one faces the side and one faces the front.

Attached File  orangebrown.jpg   92.13K   39 downloads

The orange guy would seem to be a bootleg of the little rubbery brown figure I have. Mine has 3 japanese (I think) characters followed by A G and then another line of 7 characters below that. Unfortunately I can't get a good pix of the characters.

Attached Files

Edited by gilgar, 02 March 2008 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#16 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

Maybe this will help someone ID the little orange guy, The yellow guy in this picture has the same markings as the brown one which looks like your orange figure.

Attached Files

Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#17 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

I spent nearly two hours this weekend looking through TMNT figure archives and other images of the toyline trying to place that blue snake guy. I'd bet money based on the sculpt style that he's a TMNT companion figure, but i can't find a picture of him anywhere. It's absolutely killing me.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#18 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

Gilgar - Thanks for the pics! Hopefully that will help someone solve this mystery.

Scumdogg - I too have been scouring TMNT archives and ebay to no avail. Good luck on your hunt!!

#19 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

I can't identify the snake guy, but I was so jazzed that I could actually spot something before Liz Sherman received the lot. I have that same alphabet critter, plus P and U...three letters that spell nothing in the English language. Anyone want to see pics?
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#20 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:33 AM

I can't identify the snake guy, but I was so jazzed that I could actually spot something before Liz Sherman received the lot. I have that same alphabet critter, plus P and U...three letters that spell nothing in the English language. Anyone want to see pics?

I would love to see pics...I have only seen one other one on ebay (the letter J I think) and the seller wanted $8.00 for it :)

Its too bad though cuz this seems like a line I could really get into.

Edited by Liz Sherman, 07 March 2008 - 03:35 AM.

#21 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:56 PM

What price would be fair for these things? Anybody want to take a crack at it? I know they were sold in KB toy stores in California over twenty years ago, because that's when I bought mine.
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#22 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Maybe this will help someone ID the little orange guy, The yellow guy in this picture has the same markings as the brown one which looks like your orange figure.

GUNDAM!

Attached File  gundam.jpg   44.6K   20 downloads

Posted Image

#23 shocklord

shocklord

カネゴン

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:17 AM

GUNDAM!

yup, that's MA-08 (Mobile Armor) "Big Zam" (or big sam)

MA-08 BIG ZAM

Edited by shocklord, 10 March 2008 - 04:17 AM.

#24 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:57 AM

Attached File  bluefront.jpg   141.35K   66 downloadsAttached File  blueback.jpg   135.45K   52 downloads

Any thoughts??

Bump on this blue guy. Has anyone identified it yet? (I should add it to Toypedia if it hasn't been.) Seriously, this figure does not appear to be a bootleg, just a legit figgy that deserves to be identified. <_<
Posted Image

#25 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

I had hoped that you had identified this little guy, I've got him in the back of my mind and hope that one day somebody knows who this guy is .

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com