Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Cyborg, Butt-Ugly Martians, Thundercats, Parafool, etc.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

Hi!

I've managed to get hold of a camera for a little bit, so thought I'd use the opportunity to snap away at some pictures of various little people I haven't been able to identify. As is the norm around here. Here we go then:

Posted Image
This one looks a bit like Slythe, he's about two MUSCLEs tall.

Posted Image
A three-headed cobra thingy. One and a half MUSCLEs tall, maybe?

Posted Image
A cyborg skeleton thingy, with his brain all exposed. GI Joe-sized!

Posted Image
A shy little alien, slightly taller than a Ghostbusters companion thingy.

Posted Image
Found these two sitting on a wall down my road, so I took them in out of the cold. Didn't catch their names though. They're hollow!

Posted Image
Had these three for years and years, and I've come to refer to them as the Leper Pirates over time. Be good to know their real names though.

Posted Image
Ho ho, this hippy's been at the waccy-baccy too much, he can't stand up on his own! Any ideas?

Posted Image
Lastly, a fat little cyclopean guy with a sad face and a little gun. He's numbered, and judging by his markings, is from 2000 and it also says "Just/MYP" on there too.

So, any ideas? Anybody?

Edited by Soupie, 28 March 2009 - 05:11 AM.

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

The cobra is a cheap-o Chap Mei (or similar Chinese company) fantasy figure.

#3 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

The cobra is a cheap-o Chap Mei (or similar Chinese company) fantasy figure.

Thanks, just done a quick search and someone's selling a load of them on eBay (mostly centaurs), but my snake's in there. Thanks for that. One down!

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#4 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

The guy in the first picture is probably Slythe and he sure looks like him, but I don't know if that's him or not.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#5 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

Dang, that first figure definitely looks like a Thundercat mini. The minis typically look exactly like the cartoon characters, so I don't think that is Slythe. I don't know what Thundercat character he would be if he's not Slythe. I think someone here will recognize him though. Need trademark info.

The GI Joe cyborg has got to be an easy ID for someone. Need TM info.

The shy pink reminds me of a character from the Caper the Ghost movie that was out awhile ago. Need TM info if there is any.

The two little alien thing shave to be gumball machine figs. They look a lot like some figures that TGB made some customs of. I think they are called Spacenicks or something. http://www.godbeast.com/oe_customs.htm

The pirate guys look very familiar. Need TM info if there is any.

The hippy figure reminds me of a Poopa Troopa. These were figures very similar in shape to this figure that had little, cheap parachutes attached to them. You threw them in the air and let them fall to the ground.

Your obese cyclops may have a connection the Mike Young Productions (MYP). They make several animated TV shows.

http://www.mikeyoungproductions.com/

http://en.wikipedia....ung_Productions

If you have trademark information and years on these figures, that info can be very helpful.

Edited by Soupie, 27 March 2009 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

Dang, that first figure definitely looks like a Thundercat mini. The minis typically look exactly like the cartoon characters, so I don't think that is Slythe. I don't know what Thundercat character he would be if he's not Slythe. I think someone here will recognize him though. Need trademark info.

The GI Joe cyborg has got to be an easy ID for someone. Need TM info.

The shy pink reminds me of a character from the Caper the Ghost movie that was out awhile ago. Need TM info if there is any.

The two little alien thing shave to be gumball machine figs. They look a lot like some figures that TGB made some customs of. I think they are called Spacenicks or something. http://www.godbeast.com/oe_customs.htm

The pirate guys look very familiar. Need TM info if there is any.

The hippy figure reminds me of a Poopa Troopa. These were figures very similar in shape to this figure that had little, cheap parachutes attached to them. You threw them in the air and let them fall to the ground.

Your obese cyclops may have a connection the Mike Young Productions (MYP). They make several animated TV shows.

http://www.mikeyoungproductions.com/

http://en.wikipedia....ung_Productions

If you have trademark information and years on these figures, that info can be very helpful.

The cyborg is from Gerry Andersons (Guy who created Thunderbirds) live action Scfi show its name is Cyborg.

The cyclops looks like its from But Ugly Marsians that got loads of mini figures but was a complete flop as a Tv show it had a gba and ps2 racing game as well..

The pirate guys I have never seen but I have some figures very simlar to them based of random movie monsters ones Freddy Kreuger.

The alien is a Cereal Prize from Sugar Puffs from the UK they came in 4 Colours and was 6 diffrent ones they all had names as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Soupy!

Well, the little alien things look similar to GodBeast's things, but not similar enough...

The pirate things didn't have any TM info on them, anywhere, and I've just been looking all over for Mike Young stuff - the only thing they "did" in 2000 was some Santa Claus thing, but then there was Butt-Ugly Martians the following year. Checked through the characters in that, not there :)

The Slythe thingy says 1986 Telepix L.C.I.T. Wolf.

The little pink alien says 2 Croco Made In China.

The hippy says R9491OBOBRRBO. Weird.

And the GI Joe cyborg jobby has 1994 SPLP VI Ltd..

Hope that helps.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#8 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

Thanks Acidona! I was in the middle of replying to Soupie's guesses when your reply came (seems logical). Should've guessed the cyborg was from Space Precinct, used to love that show and had all of the Pogs, mustn't've seen that particular episode though. The Sugar Puffs aliens, I seem to remember those now as well, and I'll have a look for some Butt-Ugly Martian figures, see if they match up. Be good to see some pictures of the figures you have that are similar to the pirates, maybe?

Love your purple-looking tube monster there, by the way.

Edited by TwoHeadedBoy, 27 March 2009 - 03:38 PM.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#9 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Here's the Cyclops thing!

Posted Image

Got the bloody theme tune stuck in my head now :)

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#10 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

The Slythe thingy says 1986 Telepix L.C.I.T. Wolf.

Hm, then it is a Thundercat figure. See this thread: http://www.littlerub...d...st&p=187097

So all you need ID'd is the hippy figure and the pirates? I'm pretty certain that hippy dude is a Poopa Troopa-type toy. See attached image.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#11 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

Is that your guy, third row down?
Posted Image

#12 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

Yep, that's my guy there, all's I need now is the pirates and the hippy, and those two little aliens as well.
I don't think the hippy is specifically a Pooper Trooper, he looks far too detailed to be one of them.
Thanks for the help!

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#13 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

Posted Image

Is that your guy, third row down?

I think he is a Reptilian from Thundercats - Slythe had an army of them

Attached File  reptilian.bmp   231.62K   14 downloads

The Thundercats Mini's are pretty cool, I have a few of the flesh colored ones from Argentina - very nice indeed.

Posted Image

#14 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

those two little alien thingys are from a game from the Early Learning Centre it is a game called.....

Attached File  mm.jpg   300.39K   21 downloads

By the way - even if you find out the real name for them, i don't think anything would sound as cool as Leper Pirates! :)

Edited by musclemenkids, 28 March 2009 - 02:10 AM.

"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:42 AM

Haha, yes, I had just recalled this as well overnight while I was sleeping. Memories of the cartoon lulled me to sleep, and I remembered the bumbling lizard dudes!

Here they are about 2:30 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Edited by Soupie, 28 March 2009 - 05:07 AM.

Posted Image

#16 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

Haha, yes, I had just recalled this as well overnight while I was sleeping. Memories of the cartoon lulled me to sleep, and I remembered the bumbling lizard dudes!

lol it was a great cartoon!

That Hippy guy appears to be a Parafool:

Attached File  boxer.jpg   33.73K   2 downloads Attached File  ButtOverHead.jpg   30.54K   1 downloads Attached File  Hippie.jpg   44.55K   6 downloads
Attached File  Pirate.jpg   42.81K   3 downloads Attached File  Professor.jpg   27.05K   5 downloads Attached File  SkyDiver.jpg   32.6K   1 downloads

I know nothing about them but if you type it in ebay the ones above are there.

Posted Image

#17 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

Fitz, you are a Internet-surfing master. I searched high and low for parachute-related toys to absolutely no avail. Well done.
Posted Image

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

The 3 pirate guys. Are they Toxic Avenger?
http://images.google...&...sa=N&tab=wi

Remember the movie about the geek janitor who fell into some toxic waste and kicked all the bad guys' asses, while letting the audience enjoy copious amounts of cleavage from scantily clad hotties made primarily from silicon. <--- Link is rated "R". :yahoo: :)

I think there was a related cartoon to it, and these figures look right up that alley.

#19 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

You're talking about Toxic Crusaders. That's what I thought as soon as I first saw them, but they're not actual characters from it from what I remember when I was younger and what I looked for once I first saw this thread. They could be knockoffs inspired by those designs though.

#20 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

troma makes the best movies. :)

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#21 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

I swear I've seen those pirate guys on a cartoon or something. The Blue guy just looks SOOO Familiar to me...I can't place it at all!

Posted Image

#22 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

did the cyborg skeleton thingy remind anyone else of the inquisitor from red dwarf?

Posted Image

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#23 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

those two little alien thingys are from a game from the Early Learning Centre it is a game called.....

Attached File  mm.jpg   300.39K   21 downloads

By the way - even if you find out the real name for them, i don't think anything would sound as cool as Leper Pirates! :lol:

lol it was a great cartoon!

Attached File  boxer.jpg   33.73K   2 downloads Attached File  ButtOverHead.jpg   30.54K   1 downloads Attached File  Hippie.jpg   44.55K   6 downloads
Attached File  Pirate.jpg   42.81K   3 downloads Attached File  Professor.jpg   27.05K   5 downloads Attached File  SkyDiver.jpg   32.6K   1 downloads

I know nothing about them but if you type it in ebay the ones above are there.

Wow, so I have Parafools and exiled aliens from a Whac-A-Mole thingy! Thanks for help, people. Is the Early Learning Centre still around? The one in Liverpool's now a Costa Coffee or something, but that actually looks like a really fun game. And those Parafools look good too, especially the guy who's reading whilst parachuting.

I know my Leper Pirates definitly aren't Toxic Crusaders, as I have the full series on DVD and they don't appear on it anywhere, but nice try.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#24 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

I belive I know where the Lepper Pirates come from there from a line just called monsters from some company called Sungold. I rember them coming in cards like those shown on this site.
http://www.weirdotoys.com/
Posted Image
All of the figures have torn clothes the lab coat guy has orange slime or is it hair? coming from his hands and feet im sure I have 2 other ones of these also one looks like a goofy look ginger toxic avenger in a red and black jumper and another of a bandana wearing conan like guy with a bloody body and worms poping out of his skin but I could not find them to photo.

I had that mini Thunder cats lair toy when I was younger found it on the floor at a carboot sale although mines head was fully coloured in blue pen:(. Had the mini Tomb one too no longer have the playset but still have the Mum Rah it came with.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the hunchback guy looked familiar when I went on WeirdoToys this morning. Those things in that picture look very similar, so I'm guessing that the "Monsters" had their own line of miniature variations? Thanks for that photo, where's it from?

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com