• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wallacegreenway13

wallacegreenway13

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Transformers, MOTU, G.I. Joe, Wrestling, Movies, etc.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

I just finished watching Transformers Victory, anyone else out there who's seen it?  I thought it was an okay series.  But I do have one beef with the show, what the hell is Wheeljack doing still alive!?  Last I knew, he died in the movie and wasn't seen or heard from since.  Did I miss something.  I don't recall seeing him in Headmasters or Masterforce.  I do wish we would of gotten the Transformers from the show here in the U.S.  Dinoking, Liokaiser, Road Caesar, Deathsaurus, Land Cross, Star Saber, Victory Leo, and Galaxy Shuttle would have been nice additions.  But I also say the same for Overlord, Black Zarak, Metalhawk, Minerva, among others from Masterforce.  My pocket book can't take trying to get the original Japanese versions...they just cost too much for me lol.  So what's you guys' thoughts if you've seen 'em?

#2 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

I loved Victory. Masterforce was cool too. But out of the 3 Victory was the best IMO. The Dino squad provides some humor in the series which I liked. Deathzanrus is just badazz too!

#3 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Masterforce is my favorite of the three. though Victory did feature the better all around toyline. The ending credits for the victory series is easily the best.  How can a robot possibly wet the bed?

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

It's a good series, and the thing with wheeljack is that the Transformers movie wasn't released at the same time, it was released a few years later. After a few wheeljack appearances in Japan popped up. Therefore the Canon has him NOT dying in the movie, only injured.

#5 wallacegreenway13

wallacegreenway13

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Transformers, MOTU, G.I. Joe, Wrestling, Movies, etc.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

It's a good series, and the thing with wheeljack is that the Transformers movie wasn't released at the same time, it was released a few years later. After a few wheeljack appearances in Japan popped up. Therefore the Canon has him NOT dying in the movie, only injured.

Ah ok, it just threw me for a loop for those couple episodes he was in.  Of the 3 Japanese series, I liked Masterforce the best.  Probably cuz I had Powermaster Optimus Prime as a kid and it was interesting to see his story.  As far as the figs go, I have seen some KO's of the Victory Transformers.  I might just have to go with those even though I know the quality differs from fig to fig.  I picked up the Liokaiser Quick Change fig and wasn't too happy with him.  Afraid if I mess with them too much I'll end up breaking them.  That and the fact it didn't come with Hellbat and the Doubledealer little guy it came with is just off from the rest of the set.  Any suggestions as far as KO's go?  I'm not into the Masterpiece line, that's too expensive for me but just looking for cheaper alternative figs compared to the original Victory figs.

#6 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

Is this the one with the little power ranger kids? lol I loved that series

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#7 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Is this the one with the little power ranger kids? lol I loved that series

I believe you're thinking of Masterforce.

#8 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

I believe you're thinking of Masterforce.

Ahhhhhhh lol I have them all. I give up trying to figure what is what passed headmasters. Headmasters was my favorite though. What? Like Hound? Watch him die in a hilarious way at 6 P.m. on Transformers Headmasters! lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com