• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:35 PM

I'v been thinking of collecting the old school TMNT figures. Been out of the collecting/buying scene for a little while. And I'v been thinking about collecting this line because they were huge during my childhood like Muscle. They'd also be cool to display on a shelf. 

Anyone know anything about how much they're worth? Or what I can expect to pay for a lose complete figure?(in clean condition) I'm not looking for them still in the package. It's just going to be opened and put on display. They should be cheaper to find lose anyway. 

If anyone has any insight, please share.  

#2 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:00 PM

Hey mate, i collected these as a kid & always thought they were really cool figures.
There's so many weird & wacky ones too.

2 of the more rare sought after figures i know of are Hotspot & Scratch.
I had Hotspot in my childhood collection but I sold it last year. It was a loose figure in good condition complete with all accessories & it fetched £270 on an eBay auction, so $300+.
Scratch with accessories is probably worth twice what Hotspot is worth (from what limited ones I've seen).

#3 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:35 PM

Never even heard of either one of those. They'd be at the end of the collection if I went after them. I think I had more of the earlier figures. I also don't plan on going after the different variations of the turtles. There's so many costumes etc. Again maybe near the end of the collection. I'd like to start with going after one of each character and go from there. 

#4 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:56 PM

The standard 'main character' figures you shouldn't have any trouble obtaining fairly cheaply even complete with accessories so that's a bonus.

#5 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:47 AM

https://www.google.c..._Ninja_Turtles_(action_figures)&ved=2ahUKEwipu8SfqPjnAhXRVsAKHSTQCw4QFjATegQIDRAj&usg=AOvVaw2LDdEprYSUAItRQRkeHXTm

Here's a link to a website I found a while back, it lists all the figures from all the different series in detail.

#6 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Glyos, 80s and early 90s toys and cartoons, comics, reading, D&D

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

If it's any help I just got back from a local toy show with about 30 vendors and there were incomplete played with "body" only turtles for $3 each. Complete with accessories were $12-$20ish.

#7 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:28 PM

Thank you for that link. Been looking for a decent site to use as a checklist. 

$12-$20 kind of sounds about right. Hopefully I can snag a few for less. 

Thanks to the both of you for the info. If anyone else has anymore info, please chime in. 

#8 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:19 PM

No problem, did you find the figures list ok?

You can see Hotspot & Scratch on the 1993 series, the reason they are so rare is they were released at the tail end of the series so they're production was limited.

There's lots of other uncommon & limited edition ones besides them in the mix too look out for but my knowledge is fairly limited of these.
It's crazy how many different figures were actually made.

#9 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

Yeah I was able to navigate the site no problem. Just used the search bar and found the figure list. There are a lot of characters I never knew about. And so so many variations. Some really cool ones though.

#10 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:57 PM

Brill mate.

#11 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 03:45 PM

I'v been thinking of collecting the old school TMNT figures. Been out of the collecting/buying scene for a little while. And I'v been thinking about collecting this line because they were huge during my childhood like Muscle. They'd also be cool to display on a shelf.

Anyone know anything about how much they're worth? Or what I can expect to pay for a lose complete figure?(in clean condition) I'm not looking for them still in the package. It's just going to be opened and put on display. They should be cheaper to find lose anyway.

If anyone has any insight, please share.

#12 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 03:55 PM

Last post was an error, was figuring out how to add a quote to a reply & accidently sent, at least I know how to do that now :-)

#13 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:54 AM

Hey Fisheye, I dug out my old figures from my collection when I was a kid.
I was putting a display cabinet together for something else but thought I'd put these in there for a photo for you or anyone else to see. (I know you were thinking of displaying)

Attached Files

#14 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:57 AM

Turtle Power!!

Attached Files

Edited by SamuraiCC, 15 March 2020 - 12:08 PM.

#15 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:15 PM

I had this bootleg dude too, good times :-)

Attached Files

Edited by SamuraiCC, 15 March 2020 - 02:01 PM.

#16 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:31 PM

Very cool. I think the only I'm put off from is the mono tone accessories. The figures have such a color palate. 

#17 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:46 PM

Thanks, these turtles were from series 1 1988 I believe. They're accessories I remember came on sprews like a model kit. They were quite basic then but i quite like the mono tone it gives it that 80's/90's charm.

I think some in the later series from about 1993 onwards had more details added but I'm not too sure.

The pirate guy (top left) looks different in design as he was from the TMNT movie line where the others were based on the cartoons I believe.

Edited by SamuraiCC, 15 March 2020 - 04:56 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com