• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

At today we're sure the rarest figures in three first Matchbox series are: Pink Cyclops, P.Green Hydra and Pink Jotun Troll.
But then, considering your experience collecting MIMPs which are, the most difficult 15 figures to find in 1st 2nd and 3rd serie??..
In my experience collecting from 2004 I found that they're in order of Rarity:
-1 Pink Cyclops
-2 P.Green Hydra
-3 Pink Jotun Troll
-4 Neon Orange T.Rex
-5 Cyan Cyclops
-6 B.B. Rose Centaur
-7 B.B. T. Purple J.Squarefoot
-8 B.B. T. Purple Leviathan
-9 Cyan Blemmyea
-10 B.B. Apple Green Centaur
-11 Neon Green Behemoth
-11 B.B. T. Purple Centaur
-12 B.B. Amber Jimmy Squarefoot
-13 Cyan Orobas
-14 Neon Green Jotun Troll
-15 Neon Green Cyclops

If it's different for you please make your graduation and we'll compare them.

-Fede GTM

#2 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

Sounds about right been collectin a couple of years and don't own any of them..........YET ;)

Would be interesting to see how much a pink cyclops would go for if it ever come up on ebay
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#3 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Obviously I'm talking about characters in almost perfect conditions.
Specifically this as many times I have seen on Ebay some damaged Blue Orobas with missing fingers, cutted hands, ruined feet and so on...
Here we're talking about N.Mint - Mint condition figures :)
Yes man, could be really interesting to see it on Ebay.
I believe the price will be easily around 400 - 600 $U.S.

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 22 January 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#4 nostalgicsmiler

nostalgicsmiler

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

You have all those 15 along with other MIMP's mate?!! That is awesome!

Pink Cyclops may have been your hardest to get, but was it the most satisfying?

Alas, I am the same as Daxel and have none so cannot compare!! So there are no Series 2 on the list, are there any S2 that are uber hard to find?
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#5 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

You have all those 15 along with other MIMP's mate?!! That is awesome!

Pink Cyclops may have been your hardest to get, but was it the most satisfying?

Alas, I am the same as Daxel and have none so cannot compare!! So there are no Series 2 on the list, are there any S2 that are uber hard to find?

No No man, I've not all of them... Some in this list are missing in my collection... I've based my graduation considering the figures I've seen going in other collector's pocket on Ebay or that in any case I know they're sold through private listings in this website or others...
I'm agree with you would be great and really satisfying to get one Pink Cyclops.
About S2 I think there are rare figures but not as rare to consider in this list... maybe some of them (Jabbor in pink or Cyan or Orange Ganesh or Herne or Green Dragon) are at the 20th - 25th place in the complete graduation.

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 22 January 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#6 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

nice list !! i collect for years now but i'am not really aware of the rarity of the figures, especially the S3. Anyway, i really agree with pink jotun troll and cyclop, jungle green hydra and blue cyclop. I'd consider pink jotun troll rarer than jungle hydra. I think we would also find in the top 20 or 30 NG gremlin & NY behemot.
i'm glad to have 4 of these 15.

Edited by trumanshower, 22 January 2012 - 11:15 AM.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#7 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

How bout NY T.REX I'm a proud owner of one of them cheers Truman, or a Neon Orange Werewolf? I would have to Neon Orange Ganesha has to be the rarest S2 as that fig was banned in U.K and was given away in a promotion only, also there's one going on ebay £100 starting price I think......
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection

#8 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

I've had two neon yellow trex's but neither originated from the UK, I'm sure we got them, but just scarcely compared to a couple of other countries. But its a tricky one to track down for sure.

I still need a neon green triton anyone got one spare?

Also what about neon yellow hobgoblin, I've never seen one of them so far on ebay in my 2 years of collecting since I rediscovered my collection from when I was a kid
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#9 nostalgicsmiler

nostalgicsmiler

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

What about the NG Red Cap, where would it rate in the top 50 or so? I was only made aware it was quite hard to find when it popped up on ebay.co.uk recently and if it does go for around £100 I just wonder if that is because it is rare or if someone really needs it for their (presumably awesome) collection?!

As for S2, the only thing I can base it on: in the few months I have been looking at ebay, if money was no object I think I could have bought nearly all figs in all colours, possibly all. Whereas you could look on ebay for a few years and maybe not find all of S1 and 3!
I know there are more colours for S1, but in general it just seems the hardest S1 to get are way more difficult to find than S2.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#10 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

I've had two neon yellow trex's but neither originated from the UK, I'm sure we got them, but just scarcely compared to a couple of other countries. But its a tricky one to track down for sure.

I still need a neon green triton anyone got one spare?

Also what about neon yellow hobgoblin, I've never seen one of them so far on ebay in my 2 years of collecting since I rediscovered my collection from when I was a kid

Yes I think NY Hobgoblin it's really difficult to find but not so rare to consider in top 15... I've seen at least two of them on Ebay during my collecting and one of them is now in my own. Also I know that a lot of collectors own it. Same thing for NY T.Rex that I've seen at least 3 times and bought one of them.

#11 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

I suppose like someone else mentioned in another topic it depends where ya come from regarding different colour variations but I defo think the top 3 are spot on, Pink cyclops, jotun troll and JG Hydra
My Collection

#12 nostalgicsmiler

nostalgicsmiler

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

No No man, I've not all of them... Some in this list are missing in my collection...

But you have some of them? I would be so happy just to have 1 of those, so congrats to you if you do mate!!

#13 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

The only one I know who has a Neon Pink Jotun Troll is Rarebob on here, ain't heard from him 4 a while..... he might have run out of money ;)
My Collection

#14 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

But you have some of them? I would be so happy just to have 1 of those, so congrats to you if you do mate!!

mmm... talking about the top three I've no one... :( sigh...

#15 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

The only one I've got is a blue blemmyae, wouldn't mind seeing a list without all the series 3's in it as whilst they are rare, they are all the big boy ones so excluding them and having a series 1 and 2 list would be interesting:)
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#16 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

With you on that one die ;)
My Collection

#17 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

indeed:-D not everyone here has many series 3's. I've got 14 or so but compared to some thats not many and I know there are people with only a couple so another list might be cool too
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#18 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

I used to but gave em up it was cool to have a few but never meant much for their worth as those werent mimp I remember growing up with. They weren't available in the U.K only the U.S and Canada if I remember right.
My Collection

#19 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Are the big boy series 3 in hard plastic? Cause I have a pink leviathan in hard plastic. Yer it took me just over 6 months to complete my series 2 in all colours, but barely scratched the surface in series 1. I really want to finish my neon red, in my opinion it the best colour.

#20 keeptalk

keeptalk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hello guys im new in this forum but time ago i was reading your posts.

Top 5 must be in order:

Pink Cyclops
Pink jotun troll
Pine green hidra
cyan ciclops
orange T. rex

btw another very rare figure that i rarely see on ebay its the S2 green Dragon.
I need inclued pink and blue blemmyae and the big boys figures.

Someone know if the cyan cockatrice that appears on the MIMP BOARD GAME was devolped??

#21 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yes but I don't think I've come across one on ebay before. There's a pic of one on monstercollect.com

Top 5 must be in order:

Pink Cyclops
Pink jotun troll
Pine green hidra
cyan ciclops
orange T. rex

Someone know if the cyan cockatrice that appears on the MIMP BOARD GAME was devolped??

Monstercollecting.com ;)
My Collection

#22 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Orange Ganesha pops up here in the US fairly often.

Pink Jabbor and Green Dragon are definately much more elusive than Orange Ganesha.

A rarity list could almost be made on a regional basis.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#23 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Probably the hardest to find Series-2 are
the #49-Green Dragon and Cyan #50-Jabborwock.
Series-3 probably Cyan Orobas,Cyan+Magenta Blemmyea.
As for Big Boys I don't know,to me all are hard to
find,but then again they aren't a priority for me
if they were I'd probably have a couple more.
Just happy that my Canadian Series-3 set is complete. :D

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#24 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

Are the big boy series 3 in hard plastic? Cause I have a pink leviathan in hard plastic. Yer it took me just over 6 months to complete my series 2 in all colours, but barely scratched the surface in series 1. I really want to finish my neon red, in my opinion it the best colour.

Big Boy's figures generally are hard or soft following this rule regardless of color:
NBR 73 Leviathan is hard, NBR 74 Ab.Snowman is soft, NBR 75 Anubis is hard, NBR 76 Amphis Baena is soft,
NBR 77 Centaur is hard, NBR 78 Orobas we suppose that he does not exist (but should be soft),
NBR 79 Siren is hard, NBR 80 Jimmy Squarefoot is soft.
But moreover, I know some collectors with whom I spoke and told me about some exceptions.
Maybe this rule doesn't work always...

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 23 January 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#25 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Top 5 must be in order:

Pink Cyclops
Pink jotun troll
Pine green hidra
cyan ciclops
orange T. rex

Cyan Cockatrice has not reason to be cause all of premiums have a counter part with
an alternative colour:
Pine Green Hydra - Orange Hydra, Cyan Cyclops - Pink Cyclops, ect...
Two Cockatrice colours are Orange and Pink. Maybe that one appering on the box is a prototype they never developed.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com