#26 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Any idea when these guys will hit the TRU stores/site? I checked yesterday, but didn't see them. I was wanting to pick up some of these dudes, but I really hate the look of minimate human figures, and the comic shop ones were stuck with some, which turned me off. These avoid that by having just beasts, so I'm not laden with extraneous figs I don't want.

#27 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Any idea when these guys will hit the TRU stores/site? I checked yesterday, but didn't see them. I was wanting to pick up some of these dudes, but I really hate the look of minimate human figures, and the comic shop ones were stuck with some, which turned me off. These avoid that by having just beasts, so I'm not laden with extraneous figs I don't want.

Not sure when TRU will get them, hopefully they weren't affected by the recent dockworker strike. And only two of the comic shop packs come with humans -- those sets also come with exclusive color Beasts and the energy gauntlets from the comic book. All of the comic shop Beasts are different colors from TRU. The three main Beasts and the snake have more muted color schemes, and the scorpion and tarantula are different colors entirely.

#28 Skullking

Skullking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Not sure when TRU will get them, hopefully they weren't affected by the recent dockworker strike. And only two of the comic shop packs come with humans -- those sets also come with exclusive color Beasts and the energy gauntlets from the comic book. All of the comic shop Beasts are different colors from TRU. The three main Beasts and the snake have more muted color schemes, and the scorpion and tarantula are different colors entirely.

Yeah, in most instances I'm not as concerned with colors of the figures. I just like the idea that all the packs are just beasts with no humans. Just picked up issues 2-4 of the comic yesterday, need to catch up on the story! I'll keep checking TRU.com to get these guys when they finally drop.

#29 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Curious if anyone has seen these yet at TRU? My store doesn't appear to have any in stock yet, and December is almost over. ;)

#30 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Curious if anyone has seen these yet at TRU? My store doesn't appear to have any in stock yet, and December is almost over. ;)

I've been hitting up a TRU pretty much every (or every other) day for the last week, nada yet. Lots of other neat new stuff though! It's prime toy hunting season.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#31 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

I was wanting to pick up some of these dudes, but I really hate the look of minimate human figures, and the comic shop ones were stuck with some, which turned me off. These avoid that by having just beasts, so I'm not laden with extraneous figs I don't want.

two of the comic shop packs come with humans -- those sets also come with exclusive color Beasts and the energy gauntlets from the comic book.

hahaha! So they want you to buy ugly ass Lego Minimates humans in order to get special Battle Beasts animal figures with weapons and armor?

What a joke.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 21 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#32 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

hahaha! So they want you to buy ugly ass Lego Minimates humans in order to get special Battle Beasts animal figures with weapons and armor?

What a joke.

Never a missed beat.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#33 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

So excited for these but terrible planning to miss stocking them for the holidays. They would have sold great as stocking stuffers like the walking dead minimates did. None of the Toys R Us near me can seem to keep THOSE ugly ass lego minimate people figures or whatever cuddlefish was rambling on about in stock and I'm sure the BB mates with or without humans would have sold just as well. At least all indications are that they should be here soon!

#34 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

The scorpion figure is pretty bad ass looking.

#35 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

What a joke.

Well, since those two human figures are only at comic shops, those two sets are really for people who want those characters and accessories, having read the comic where those things are actually important. Otherwise, they can go to TRU and buy the two animals from those sets (walrus and snake) in a single two-pack, with slightly different paint details.

Posted Image

And we're only talking about a couple of gauntlets with energy effects. All of the beasts come with 2-4 weapons each, many of which connect to form larger weapons. Maybe we'll eventually make more of the Dread Weapons as seen on the last page of issue #4, but I can't imagine anyone who's not reading the comic book will miss them.

Posted Image

#36 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

So excited for these but terrible planning to miss stocking them for the holidays. They would have sold great as stocking stuffers like the walking dead minimates did. None of the Toys R Us near me can seem to keep THOSE ugly ass lego minimate people figures or whatever cuddlefish was rambling on about in stock and I'm sure the BB mates with or without humans would have sold just as well. At least all indications are that they should be here soon!

Yeah, it's unfortunate; hopefully they get them soon, I just gave them updated text for the TRU Website.

But Walking Dead has been a pleasant success for us, definitely. People love those ugly-ass Lego Minimates! Nobody can find the TRU exclusives anywhere.

#37 Skullking

Skullking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Well, I finally read through issue 4 of the comic (are there more issues?), and I really liked it? I bought the goat/ dragon fly set as well, since I know the dragon fly isn't in the TRU sets. Looking forward to theses new sets being released. I think if the volume and variety of beasts can be increased (not just repaints of the same stuff), the line will start to pick up steam. Even slight changes like a 'cobra' head for the snake, and a 'manatee' head for the walrus (just as examples), would spark a lot of interest.

#38 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I know Series 1 hasn't been released yet. But are there any plans for Series 2 or 3 right now? I'd love to see the Vulture and the Warthog from the comics made.

Edited by cowbattlebeast, 22 December 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#39 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

We have a line-up picked out, just waiting to see who does well in Series 1.

#40 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'm glad to hear there are more being planned.

#41 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Ask the Toys for Tots recipients, because they were the only ones who received these figures this year.

The minimates Beasts are the pumpkin pie mixes and lima beans of the toy donation world.

#42 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

You're the dented, rusty cans of pigs feet of the LRG message board.

#43 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Watch out... he'll put you in your place based on how long he's been a member & his post count.

Even if the majority of posts consit of either "..." or "Bump"

#44 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ask the Toys for Tots recipients, because they were the only ones who received these figures this year.

I hadn't actually seen that posted anywhere but if what CC is saying is true then it's such a wonderful thing DST did in this season of giving to donate these to those who need them the most even before they are available on store shelves. To those who otherwise would not have a Christmas, I'm sure they appreciate these more than any collector possibly could.

Bravo DST and thanks so much for bringing their generosity to our attention Cuddly!
-Barry

#45 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I hadn't actually seen that posted anywhere but if what CC is saying is true then it's such a wonderful thing DST did in this season of giving to donate these to those who need them the most even before they are available on store shelves. To those who otherwise would not have a Christmas, I'm sure they appreciate these more than any collector possibly could.

Bravo DST and thanks so much for bringing their generosity to our attention Cuddly!
-Barry

:clapping:
Posted Image

#46 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

The logic of CC's burn is so circuitous that it actually makes us sound like philanthropists!

Don't worry, guys, we did not give the entire run to charity due to a lack of sales. Nor did kind-hearted shoppers buy out TRU's stock and give them to poor kids to... apparently spare rich kids the sight of them? I'm still not sure how that works.

#47 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

The logic of CC's burn is so circuitous that it actually makes us sound like philanthropists!

Don't worry, guys, we did not give the entire run to charity due to a lack of sales. Nor did kind-hearted shoppers buy out TRU's stock and give them to poor kids to... apparently spare rich kids the sight of them? I'm still not sure how that works.

You got it. That's all that counts. :)

#48 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Holy shit Zach, for once, we agree about something.

#49 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Anybody have any idea if/when these will be released? I kinda thought we'd hear something come Xmas, then January, now I'm wondering if these will ever be released.

#50 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I believe the Comic Shop series of these should be coming out next week according Zach over at minimatesmultiverse. As for the TRU series, we are not sure exactly when they will start showing up, but it shouldn't be that different from the comic book series.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com