58 replies to this topic

#26 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

85 (Strawberry Shortcake meets Twilight)

Brutal. This following the comment about 81not being the best realization of the concept I may never art again. My life is now in shambles. Time to throw my sculpts in a river.

:air_kiss:
Seriously though. I love reading your comments. I have been reading the OMFG thread with a bowl of popcorn. I need a button that is the opposite of ignore. Something that makes sure I always see you comments haha.

#27 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

:lol: I promise you it's not a reflection on the quality of the design. It's really good, just not my personal taste. I can see why people would dig it.

And I did vote for Puke Knight at least :sweat:
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#28 Threat

Threat

T.H.R.E.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Everyones all about 145.

I like that one because it reminds me of Bigfoot & Swamp Thing, two of my favorite characters.

#29 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

I like that one because it reminds me of Bigfoot & Swamp Thing, two of my favorite characters.

I really like Wooly Wisp too, and it's hard to explain why. I get that a lot of people won't understand why some people like it so much, but I just think it's a cool character. I want to be friends with it.

#30 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

I really like Wooly Wisp too, and it's hard to explain why. I get that a lot of people won't understand why some people like it so much, but I just think it's a cool character. I want to be friends with it.

That guy reminds me of a Shambling Mound from Dungeons and Dragons. I like it.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#31 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah I like the texture, pose and overall idea of just a lumbering beast. I also think various colors will turn it into different beasts. Has a similarity to the Nike NKE 6.0 mutant

Green - forest monster
Blue or white - ice monster
Red -lava monster
Black - shadow beast
Glow - awesome
Etc

Edited by redjarojam, 30 April 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#32 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

:lol: I promise you it's not a reflection on the quality of the design. It's really good, just not my personal taste. I can see why people would dig it.

And I did vote for Puke Knight at least :sweat:

Ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string. I got much thicker skin. Especially on the Internet haha. I have had to stand in a room with 30 or so art students and professors critiquing my work. They say much worse stuff and actually mean it and say it to your face haha. I just wish I could respond like in a critique and explain my process and motivations for my designs and how I chose to take them to sculpt. That usually gets ignored on the internet. In a class room I have made some professors go from dismissing my work as "kitschy" or "sophomoric" to actually wanting to own some of my pieces.

I just wish I was was popular on facebook or twitter to get them votezzzzzzz. I should have pimped cat mummy in this months issue of Cat Fancy.

#33 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Obviously voting is very far from over, but it looks like 10 and 45 are way out in front in the high 20s of votes, and I'd be surprised if either of those didn't make it. 10 I really like and I can live with 45 I guess.

Then there's another 9 or 10 with a similar amount of votes (10-16) vying for the last three places: 4, 6, 12, 22, 34, 47, 48, 85 and 90.

6, 12 and 48 should be discounted as they're the ones that the shills are voting for. Which really leaves 4 (Brain Wave), 22 (one-eyed mermaid thing), 34 (two-eyed mermaid thing), 47 (Bulls-Eye), 85 (Strawberry Shortcake meets Twilight) and 90 (awesome tree monster dude) as the leading contenders.

Of course, that can all change quickly :)

Its a shame 93 The Battery Warrior isn't garnering many votes and can someone tell WTF is #6 supposed to be lol... And Jam I want my Strawberry Shortcake/Twilight figure with my new subscription to Cat Fancy

#34 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

I like it for the same reason but if I had my choice Id be picking more unique ideas not ideas of past characters or toys.

#35 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

I don't get this one:

Posted Image

A guy in a wheel chair? How does that make a good OMFG or even a cool LRG?

I like it. I voted for it.
Makes perfect sence to me.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#36 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I like it. I voted for it.
Makes perfect sence to me.

Then maybe you can explain it to me? I have no idea what a hipster in a wheelchair has to do with OMFG, or why anyone would want a LRG of one?

#37 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Then maybe you can explain it to me? I have no idea what a hipster in a wheelchair has to do with OMFG, or why anyone would want a LRG of one?

Maybe he's just voting for the worst figures to try and get them voted in??

#38 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Maybe he's just voting for the worst figures to try and get them voted in??

Voted for these.
I hope they win.
I wanna see George put a KS up for them or tap dance around trying to explain how they can't be used.

I only supported S3 for the free Pheyden Zombie. I liked the mushroom guy but I wouldn't have supported the series without the Pheyden. The Pug/Conan fig bothered me. Pugs are Chinese and I cannot support communism.

Edited by PimpNugget, 30 April 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#39 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Here's my five-
I really hope this line redeems it self.

#40 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Um, hello?
A guy who is in a wheelchair wearing a shirt of a guy falling out of a wheelchair, what don't you get?
The guy is also blind, I assume, based on the dark, blind guy, Ray Charles glasses.
Do you get it now?

#41 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Voted for these.
I hope they win.

This would probably be my bottom 5.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#42 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Voted for these.
I hope they win.
I wanna see George put a KS up for them or tap dance around trying to explain how they can't be used.

I actually think Moonshine Genie could be a pretty sweet figure.

I've been expecting some haters to vote for shit they don't want.

#43 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

I voted for

#44 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

If #48 (teeth with feet) gets rig-voted in then the OMFG line will end up in tatters! Only time will tell I guess...

There is a good chance this is happening.

#45 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Um, hello?
A guy who is in a wheelchair wearing a shirt of a guy falling out of a wheelchair, what don't you get?
The guy is also blind, I assume, based on the dark, blind guy, Ray Charles glasses.
Do you get it now?

A ha!

I thought it was just some wierd letter logo. "CNT." or something like that. Now it makes sense.

Funny graphic. Still not a good LRG or OMFG.

#46 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

If #48 (teeth with feet) gets rig-voted in then the OMFG line will end up in tatters! Only time will tell I guess...

Posted Image

Anybody know who the 5 leaders are? slimebeast stopped tracking the vote (or at least took the tracking link out of his sig).

#47 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

I know the top two are Fossil Freak and Wooly Wisp thats all I know even if teeth gets voted in Id back series 4 on those two alone

#48 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Are there any monsterforge entries in this round at all?

#49 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I know the top two are Fossil Freak and Wooly Wisp thats all I know even if teeth gets voted in Id back series 4 on those two alone

Yeah, pretty much this. I don't really like the tactical voting aspect but if these two are miles ahead and some other strong entries that didn't quite make my top 5 need a push in the last couple of days I figure those are the 2 to safely drop. I really love the textures George was able to get in his Broccoli piece, great found object aesthetic, but figure it's not worth a vote when it's a good contender for getting made anyway in an OTMF slot.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#50 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Are there any monsterforge entries in this round at all?

Nope. He isn't on OT much anymore. I PM'd him a couple days ago and he hasn't read it yet. I might try to contact him through his store or blog instead.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com