dank the stank's toy hunting trip de jour

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#26 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

Well, it doesn't help that they have Toy Story 3 coming out soon.. ^_^

But yeah, I can't in any way figure out how the Secret Wars packs ended up so sloppy. I'm willing to bet Hasbro hired another factory just for those. Their initial factory (which appears to be pumping out decent figures) may have been booked up with production of all of Hasbros other crap coming out soon including Marvel Universe...who knows. I can't imagine it being the same factory at all.

Posted Image

#27 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

As an aside, and I thought this might help you Dan, all of my Secret Wars figures seem alright. I didn't have any tight joints, at least not tight enough for the hot tap water method, one or two were a bit sticky and the paint was just fine. Also my Target I found them at first had two of each. Just like it should be.

#28 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

what a difference store location makes. i braved the excessive heat of the day and ran up north to a pretty decent target and the worlds worst toys r us.

went to target first because i was sure they would have secret wars #2 waiting for me. they did, they had three sets of each except for #2, which they only had one. i did my typical judgments and picked the best one. i think all of the secret wars at this target looked much better than the other ones. aside from one pack of cap n' klaw that had the blue eyes captain they were all on the same level of quality as the two winners i picked of #1 & 3. the #2 sets are by far the dandies of the bunch. they were really almost equal in paint app quality so other than a slight under painting of the human torch's eyes and mouth, the only other thing i had to go on was how neatly they were packed. fortunately the slightly better paint job was also the better packing. wolverine's left leg looked slightly kinked the wrong way in the other one. with my secret wars thirst slaked i began a quick survey of the regular marvel universe figs. it appears that they got some refresher wave 4 cases and threw them out. no red hulks or moon knights in the bunch but they did have one item that i'm sure some of you are sure to enjoy. they had the variant thing with white boots. when i first heard about him i really didn't think i'd like him. i mostly purchased him as trade fodder. but after closer examination upon getting home i think i like him more than the original. he's got the darker blue pants, almost black they're so dark, with a nice blue highlight to them. no special treatments on the white, it's flat white with no washes or highlights of any kind. you know what though, it doesn't need it and the entire color combination as a whole really looks sharp. still on the fence about whether to trade him or not. i was so excited with what i had found that i left before checking on the gormiti. i don't know what they had in that department. i may be heading up there again tomorrow though, more details on that later.

after picking up some socks also i left target with my new found toys and drove through the parking lot to the worlds worst toys r us. i've bee-eye-itched about it before, so i'm sure you know why it's the worst one, so i'll leave that alone. i got a pretty good parking spot, which isn't hard since at that time of the day almost no one is in there. i really think that i'm not the only one who hates this location. other than at christmas time, this place is pretty barren.

i zipped on back to the marvel universe section to see if they had anything new and they didn't. all the same figures as before. i'm going to talk myself into buying those blade and union jack figures one of these trips. just below the same old same old though, they did have secret wars. i'm way glad i bought from target. the one and only #2 they had was terrible. it looked like wolverines head had come loose and his head-fins (what the eff are those anyway?) were so deformed it almost looked like they were tightly rolled cannolis. i like cannolis as much as the next guy, but i prefer them to not be an integral part of my super heroes' costumes, thank you very much. i didn't bother to really get a good look at the other two sets since i already own them and the #2 did NOT impress.

i was just about to look for gormiti when something caught my eye. the 3-packs! they had the spidey and friends, daredevil/iron man stealth/silver surfer & the army builder sets. first off, lets get the whining out of the way. the spidey and friends set is dreadful. the only good thing about it is that the spidey figure (looks the exact same as the secret wars spidey) is painted perfectly. much better than the spidey i got in secret wars. and in spite of that fact the set is completely un-purchasable. why you ask? because of the other two stinkers in the set. firestar has to be one of the most boring figures i've ever laid eyes on. the sculpt is pretty nice, but the paint and design is more ho-hum than a wings marathon. thumbs down. and here's where it gets worse. iceman is by far the worst figure of the entire line. you take your absolute worst painted figure of the most boring character you can think of and he's still a world beater over iceman. i pray that they make a cool iceman sculpt. i'd like a translucent blue one in the same vein as the flame on human torch from wave one, but have it be the spikey iceman. this one is not going to cut it. he's that terrible old school style where he looks like he's made out of snow. positively dreadful. i will not be buying that set unless it's for only $6. and as i just typed that sentence i realize that i forgot to look at the price of the 3-packs. sorry.

the other 3-packs were equally great, they both had a stinker figure in with them, but no deal breakers. the army builder hydra soldier and hand ninjas are spectacular. the paint on the hand ninja is second to none. the color scheme is so clean looking. i would have bought the set for this figure alone. he does come with a bonus though. the hydra soldier is nearly as great as he is. very nice paint apps and the colors look terrific together. so that just leaves the shield agent as the stinker. and boy does it stink. it's almost like the face was a transfer and they didn't quite hit him on the cross hairs. i don't like to judge all the sets based on the paint apps, but they were all the same. they must have had johnny crosseyes on the paint line that day. it's almost like he's nick fury's half deformed mentally challenged little brother (i know, not very classy). you get the idea though. he sucks.

the final set, and prolly the one i'm most interested in, was great. out of the three they had only one had a really great daredevil paint job, the others were getting close to that secret wars level of quality. the stealth iron man looks awesome. definitely the class of the set. the silver surfers look about the same as the iceman sculpt. except instead of a light blue wash they got a light gray. it's really about as good as i expected after the comicon pics but a little worse even. only because of the shoddy washes they've been doling out lately.

gormiti was the same. all still sporting my little red "x" in the corner. you go to target and it looks like this line is going strong, but when you go to toys r us it looks like it's dying.

so, why am i going back tomorrow? well, my wife gave me the old screw job. and not in a good way. i gave her my checking card to go grocery shopping yesterday and she still had it. noticed this in the line at target. thankfully i had some weight to cover my costs there, but was bone dry at toys r us. the only reason i still went to toys r us was because i thought they wouldn't have anything. imagine my surprise/disappointment when they actually had something worth buying. payday is tomorrow and after i make my house payment i should have enough for toy splurging. for sure gonna get that iron man/daredevil 3-pack and maybe even the hand/hydra set. i'll prolly set that spidey one on fire and piss on the ashes.

EDIT: holy eff that's long.

Edited by dankingery, 11 August 2009 - 05:04 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#29 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

Thanks Dan, you've made me feel better about the fact that i'm probably gonna have to take a pass on the 3-packs! :) It's still slightly regrettable though, that Stealth Iron Man is an amazing looking figure. Just not $30 worth of amazing.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#30 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:07 AM

Nice! I plan on hitting the town tomorrow, so I'm hoping to find a thing variant, cause I really want that one to go with my Johnny storm variant. And hopefully......HOPEFULLY, Toys'R'Us will have those darn 3 packs by now. I've been checking in with them on the phone and random stops every week since the first sighting it the net probably a month ago. :) If not I'll probably be stupid and go on a pity spree and end up buying crap I neither need or really want. ;)

Posted Image

#31 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

well, i got the exact same executive parking at the worlds worst toys r us today. i love walking through those doors after a 25 minute car ride in my pizza oven. that blast of arctic air when you make it through the outer doors is delightful.

surprisingly every thing was exactly where i had left it. i snagged the superior iron man and army builder sets. then something strange happened. i could have swore that i heard blade and union jack mocking me from the pegs above. as i hurried and looked i thought blade was even flipping me the bird. i pulled him off the peg quickly and game him a shake. "how do you like that you little bee-eye-itch!" no reply. not even a twitch. i put him back and looked at that spidey set once again and nearly wretched...there it is again. blade and union jack mocking me from the pegs. "thats it you little terdsnaps. you're going home with me and we'll see who's boss then." so, i accidentally bought them along with an akuma figure i didn't really see any reason not to buy.

all in all i think my wallet is on life support. a house payment and a shopping spree all in one day. yikes. i'm pretty sure that i don't need to buy anything for a while until i find a moon knight or a grey hulk. oh, plus any subsequent secret wars and the supersize 2-pack figures. dammit, also forgot about wave 5. eff me, i'm gonna have to get a second job. hey, i hear the worlds worst toys r us is hiring. :rolleyes:

#32 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Nothing in my Toys'R'Us. I even asked a worker if they had gotten any new shipments of action figures today, they said they got some hotwheels and nerf stuff but no action figures. :bleh: Stupid hotwheels and the evil individuals who collect them. They did have the Gi-Joes on sale again though at 2 for $9.99, and they had fresh stock too...I wanted to buy one of each, and they had like 20+ different ones....but I opted for the Street Fighter figs in my palms at the time, and good thing too, cause I wouldn't been able to afford the POTF2 3 packs that my local comic shop had at sale prices. :rolleyes: Bought 5 of those that I needed. :crazy:

Those bloody Joe figures look better and better everytime I see them.. I think Hasbro has some kind of deal with the devil. I think they must of signed that contract after their Indiana Jones fiasco. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#33 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

I didn't know you really needed Moon Knight. Should I pick one up for you next time I see him, or are you in no rush?

#34 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

no rush on the moon knight. he's being re-released in future waves like grey hulk. i think the massive rush of spending on this line is starting to subside now. it was pedal to the metal there for a while once i committed to buying more of this line. i'm more excited for the re-released figures in wave 5 than i am for the new figures. :rolleyes:

i actually ran into two, count 'em, two employees at the world's worst toys r us today that were actually worth half a shizznit. first off, the one guy was actually organizing the aisles and tossing some lame shizznit. then, at the check out, despite looking like a meth addict, the girl there was extremely friendly and was actually able to operate the computer without going into hysterics. if she was any friendlier i'd think she was warm for my form. she would have been cute if it weren't for the meth sores all over her body.

#35 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

hahaha. ur crazy dan. i dont know where u guys find the storage space for all these items. might as well dig a hole and start kissing hot chicks that run the register. trade love for toys and drugs for exclusives. maybe u can get a 5 minute toy run for the price of a small bag of cocaine, a weak hearted hug, and a few sweet nothings thrown around in a proper fashion.
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#36 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

ouch! my teeth effing hurt. had to go to the dentist today because my wife is a meddler. it kind of feels like i had an nfl place kicker use my mouth to hold the ball and then he got under it way too much. if it weren't for the fact that the hygienist is super hot and has to sit funny because she's left handed which means her boobs rub against my head the whole time, i would have given her the look. you know "the look", it's the one your parents used to give you when you were acting like a crazy monkey and it's the same look your kids get from you now. you all know what i'm saying.

anyway, my dentist is a semi-road trip from my house but isn't too far from school so it wasn't a total pizza cooking extravaganza. another bonus of it is that there's a toys r us on the path to dental destruction. if i didn't know any better, i could have sworn they were actually competing for the worlds worst toys r us title though. number one, they had 4, yes FOUR!, marvel universe figures. guess which ones they were. two johnny storms, a thing and a effing hand ninja. to top it all off, they were a dollar more than not only target, but the other three toys r us i've been to recently! this same location had pricing problems back when i was searching for plasma dragons. they also had secret wars #1 & #3 but i've already got those and didn't even bother to look at the price. my guess is they'd be about $16. they also had the standard dd/sim/ss and army builder 3-packs but i also paid little attention to them. so i didn't feel like i wasted my time i made a couple of purchases. nothing figure related but still cool stuph. i got a duncan gyroscope xt and a duncan freehand yo-yo. that's right, i finally broke down and got a free hand yo-yo. i suppose i could have always customized one, but i've been scared to cut that umbilical cord. i'll have to let you know my thoughts on them both as soon as i've had a chance to play with them. i checked on their gormiti and resisted the urge to buy a few of the series 2 packs that were kind of cool. anyone else think they ripped off triple threat snake with their moray sculpt? i fought the mild temptation to buy these buyer's remorse bombs. anyway, after paying the zombie at the register i got the hell out of there. next stop, target.

i was only going in for a new wallet. mine kind of looks like it's been through the digestive tract of a crocodile that eats lots of rocks. so, after many years of being the guy with the amazing disintegrating wallet i dropped $14 for a new one. hmmmm... the toys are just right there. what is the harm in just looking right? famous last words. they had a pristine looking black panther right up front and center. it somehow teleported into my hand. then, strangely enough it had a magnetic attraction toward four more figures, stealth iron man, punisher, ronin and red hand ninja. i know, i know. i've been doing nothing but bee-eye-itch about ronin and hand ninja for months now. the hand ninja from the exclusive 3-pack at toys r us suckered me into buying the red one and ronin just makes sense since.... ah, eff it, i can't think of a bullshizznit excuse other than impulse buying. anyway, my collection just got increased by 5.

here's a question i put to you the readers. do you think the enjoyment you get out of a trip to target toy shopping is directly proportional to the number of hot ass milfs there are at the store? i don't know what it is about the two targets i frequent but there's always a hefty supply of hot mamas. sometimes it's okay if they don't have anything i need or no new toys. the high class scenery makes the trip worthwhile. :rolleyes:

#37 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

Re Target hotties: Word, brutha man.

And ya know, that Ronin figure is the shizznit. 2nd tier hero or not.....

#38 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

here's a question i put to you the readers. do you think the enjoyment you get out of a trip to target toy shopping is directly proportional to the number of hot ass milfs there are at the store? i don't know what it is about the two targets i frequent but there's always a hefty supply of hot mamas. sometimes it's okay if they don't have anything i need or no new toys. the high class scenery makes the trip worthwhile. :spiteful:

Yes, :banana:
Especially since I work nights so I'll go two or three days sometimes with out seeing any good looking ladies.

#39 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

here's a question i put to you the readers. do you think the enjoyment you get out of a trip to target toy shopping is directly proportional to the number of hot ass milfs there are at the store? i don't know what it is about the two targets i frequent but there's always a hefty supply of hot mamas. sometimes it's okay if they don't have anything i need or no new toys. the high class scenery makes the trip worthwhile. :spiteful:

I agree 100% :M: If it's a really good day, and I don't look half bad, I even will get a smile from a cutey while walking through the store. :lol: Too bad I can't stop and talk to them cause I'm so worried that someone is buying the action figure I came in for at that very moment. :banana:

Posted Image

#40 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:46 AM

so did you get a black velcrow nylon wallet like all good 7th graders have, or did you actually get a grown up leather one? (yes, I still sport the black velcrow)

#41 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

I got my last new wallet at Target too! It's got robots on it.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#42 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

eff me, i didn't see any robot wallets. DAMN... i just got a stupid leather one. but it does have rivets and two secret spots. it's almost classy looking. i guess i can always switch it out to an old old wallet i still have. it's grey acid wash denim with velcro. i think my wife hates it more than hitler. makes me wonder why i didn't just switch to that in the first place and save the $14 for toys.

#43 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

Nylon velcro wallets are THE BEST. They have to be trifold ones too. What are you doing getting some shizznitty leather one? Head straight for the kids section and find one there. Kids get all the best stuff.

I always got my wallets from show bags - Pokemon, Digimon, you know, stuff like that. Then I stopped going to the royal show because it costs more than $20 just to get in, and I got an expensive gloomy bear wallet off ebay. But I had it for barely a month when my pen leaked on it, and it was ruined and I couldn't use it any more because I'm obsessive compulsive about stuff like that, and I got a $2 wallet with Megaman on it from a Chinese junk shop/convenience store called 'Cigarettes'.

Back to kids getting the best stuff though, did you walk past the kids clothing section in Target? DINOSAUR TEES OUT THE WAZOO. And robots, and aliens, and various classic video game designs... why the hell do they make space invaders kids tees when kids that young probably don't even know what space invaders is? WHY DONT THEY MAKE THEM IN ADULT SIZES?!

I'm so close to getting some of the bigger shirts and seeing if I fit them. I'm pretty small, so I might, if I'm lucky. Course, the best designs are for the smallest kids. The bigger kids seem to get mostly boring skulls and cars and junk like that.

And if you want sexy ladies, there's this shopping centre here in AU called 'Chadstone' and it's billed as the 'fashion capital'. I think at one point it was the biggest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere... anyway, go there on a weekend. Crowded as hell with all kinds of sexy ladies in varieties ranging from jailbait to milf. Hell, even if you go there on a weekday and just look at the checkout people in the stores, seems like they enforce a minimum female employee attractiveness policy. Especially in TRU. They even have sexy men working there.

"You're fired!"
"What? Why?"
"That pimple just pushed you below the minimum attractiveness level for employees in Chadstone!"
"WHAT?! What pimple? OH NO! MY LIFE IS OVER!"
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#44 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:44 AM

eff me, i didn't see any robot wallets. DAMN... i think my wife hates it more than hitler.

imagine my wifes displeasure when she told me she was gonna get me a leather wallet for my birthday and I told her I would refuse to use it.

Nylon velcro wallets are THE BEST. They have to be trifold ones too. What are you doing getting some shizznitty leather one?

yesss! The trifold is where its at !

#45 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

foolishly i went to two more stores today. what was i thinking?

so i thought i'd hit up smith's marketplace (formerly fred meyer). the last time i was there they didn't have any marvel universe out. i thought, maybe they've seen the success of the line and now they've got wave 5! fat chance. i still don't think wave 5 will be out until later this year, hopefully in september as some online retailers are reporting. anyway, back to the toy aisle. they did end up having some wave 4 figs, but nothing i needed and at the $8 mark to boot. smell you later. didn't even bother to check and see if they had any cool new rubber bugs or the like (probably the best reason to check their toy section). they did have close to 50 of the series 2 gormiti 2-packs. i was kind of surprised they had so many.

after leaving there and battling my way past countless morons in their motorized vehicles i made it over to sprawl-mart. why do i go there? i hate the place. their toy section is getting close to being as bad as shopko's. the majority of the people in the store are oblivious to their own stupidity and inconsideration of others. i planned out a new route, this time i went in through the garden center and then straight back to the action figures aisle. wtf? there were only like two figures, ms marvel modern and a green goblin. this can't be true. after giving the imbeciles with their cart blocking off the entire pathway of the aisle the look for a couple of minutes they slithered off. i made a survey of the entire aisle to make sure they didn't just have them in the wrong spot. no, they didn't. i checked around to make sure they weren't on the ends or in a different aisle and still nothing. i was about to start punching old ladies. as i made my way out of the hell hole i spotted something on a clearance aisle i had walked past when i first got there and didn't notice. marvel universe toys. lots of them. most of them i already had but one i still needed. i snagged a black outfit spiderman and another green & red hulk. they also had the white boots thing. all of these were under peg tags that said wolverine, as in wolverine origins. they did have wolverine figures on those same pegs in the back, so i thought maybe some idiot just stocked them wrong and didn't know better. after doing some soul searching i decided that it was worth the argument with the zombie at the register to save a couple of bucks per fig. oh, did i mention they were listed at only $5? that's right, only five dollaridoos. you can see why i couldn't pass it up. so i walk all the way over to the register and made sure they rang up at only $5. sure enough, they did. kind of wish i had bought more of them, but they really only had two i didn't already have and only one of them i wanted. oh, and the zombie at the register proceeded to pick her face acne after she handed me my receipt. disgusting. i wonder how many times she did that before i got there. i hit all the figures with some lysol and washed my hands when i got home.

a couple of things to note about the figures, the red hulk is a glossy, but he's a strange glossy. it's like all the nooks and crannies got the glossy, but the rest is matte, and in some areas, super matte. his chest appears to be almost pink. i'll have to snap a shot of him later to show you all. the white boot thing has a packaging error. the shield emblem on the left wasn't secured properly or something, so it is wedged in between the figure nest and the blister cover. not a huge deal though unless you're one of those mimp sickies that never truly enjoys their toys the way they were meant to.

#46 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Ah, I didn't mention it before in THIS thread, but I think I did in the humongous Marvel Universe thread of doom? Yeah, my Wal-Mart stuck their 3.75" Marvel toys on clearance for $5 as well, but they didn't have anything nearly as cool as your latest scores (except the older Thing, but I prefer the white belt/boots).

What's really odd is that my store removed the X-Men Origins and Wolverine and the X-Men figures from the clearance price, or just the tags. Which makes even less sense, as those two lines are almost certainly dead after this year.

I have a suspicion that Wal-Mart might stop carrying the single-carded figures altogether and stick with their exclusives (Gigantic Battles, when they're released) and maybe the Secret Wars packs until the end of the year, but for some odd reason they might simply be moving out the older MU before the holiday push. Which, you know, probably starts next month.

#47 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

you're getting me all horny for holiday shopping. i can't wait for a massive influx of marvel universe goodness.

#48 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

Nice trip Dan....'sniff' :lol:

Posted Image

#49 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

i'm gonna double header this one. i went on sunday and today. first off, sunday, i stopped at the worlds worst toys r us to buy my little nephew a bike for his birthday. well, that's why my wife was there, i was there to slobber over their marvel aisle. they didn't have shizznit. i mean it, they didn't have any regular figures, they had one secret wars set, i think #3. i quickly got excited thinking that a wave 5 would soon be on the way. i turned to leave and noticed that they had everything kind of re-arranged. what the hell? oh, you stupid bastitchs. they put the marvel universe toys on the other side. they ended up have iron man #1 and the thing (black boots? do they still make those?), ms marvel and hand ninjas. they also had the exact same number of 3-packs as the time i bought mine. and i'm almost positive the spider man one is the exact same. kind of a bummer. didn't get a chance to go to the target right there so i'll have to hit it on friday.

speaking of target, i stopped off at a different one today. they were lousy with wave 4 refreshers. there's no way they're getting wave 5 anytime soon unless they start throwing these ones on clearance. if they do, i'll let everyone know and start stock piling white boot things or something.

i hate when toy trips end out sucking ass. i'll be hitting quite a few places this weekend though, so fingers crossed that some of these other locations have wave 5 already. mostly i'm gonna be on the hunt for some handful of heroes. those little sunzabee-eye-itches have been hiding from me for some time now. i'll get them though, i always get my bounty.

#50 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hey, my toys R us also seems to think splitting lines is a great idea. DC infinite heros were in two spots. Of course I only needed the ones that were by the Marvel Universe but still I don't want to hunt all over the store, I want all my marvel in one place.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com