69 replies to this topic

#51 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

Look what I found!!!  ;)  This is NOT a custom from anyone on this forum...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the TIGERBURN!!!  ALL are FANTASTIC, but, the TIGERBURN is SICK!!!

TGB

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I ..thought....i ...was the only one.....

3-4 years ago i became enamored with miniature figures. Coming from an action figure background to me that was like going from a Ferrari to a Pinto but for some reason miniature figures (2.5'' or shorter) really grabbed my attention. Especially war gaming mini's despite not playing any games. I decided that id like to have the best of both worlds and after an insane amount of searching stumbled upon Nathans Micro Action Figure page and was blown away with what i saw. I tried it (used miniature war gaming figs) and ...well...i still wasn't quite satisfied.

Instead i designed a whole new seamless articulation system that i liked but was far to time consuming. I was bent on finding a way to have the 2''-2.5'' height AND maintain larger scale articulation.

I thought i was the only nut out there who was into that. I searched high and low and NEVER found this place or the AKIA site. I just decided to mold and cast my own action figures and have never looked back. I wish i would have found this site earlier in some ways as the Battle Beast mini's with articulation seem to meet all of my requirements.

My only question: are the mid bicep swivels just popped in (allowing for an easy "pop out") or do they have a mushroom tip so that they stay lodged in the upper arm even when posing?

Either way ....The battle beast better look out on this site.

Ive got humans in the same scale (60-65mm - fully poseable - not all ball jointed but full range motion) that are looking for a fight. Ill be casting up an army now that i know they'll have someone to battle.

Edited by Articulationnut, 27 September 2006 - 11:57 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#52 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:25 AM

post some of your stuff when you get a chance. i'm sure the rest of the gang would love to se them!

and welcome to the boards!!!

=0

Edited by lazzy lizard, 13 September 2006 - 03:25 AM.

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#53 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:49 AM

I'd never seen these customs before. No offense to all the amazing work I've seen on here but those customs and the God Beasts are probably the best IMHO.

#54 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

Bump for the newbs!!! :D

#55 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:30 AM

Don't know how I missed this thread originally.

Those customs are awsome.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#56 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:49 AM

So then... what ever happened to this guy and his awesome customs. Its seems a shame to show us these super sweet forgotten customs if there is no chance of ever attaining them. Also, I remember seeing some BB customs that were really cool but I cant find the thread. They were much taller than real BB and reminded me of Lego Bionicle figures in the way they were made and what they were made of. Whoever made them had maybe 20 or so different figures? I just remember that they were super awesome and I never heard anything else about them.

#57 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:39 AM

I've contacted Matt a few times trying to get him to do a lion for me, but he always says he is too busy. He said he was working on a modern day Battle Beast, but haven't seen what it looks like. It looks like he does fantastic work, but if you want a custom done with articulation, Articulationnut does a fantastic job as well.

#58 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, I would reccomend getting a hold of ArticulationNut as well. He did a figure for me that is amazing. The amount of articulation that he can fit into that small little figure is insane.

Eric

#59 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:05 AM

I'm not particularly in the market for any BB customs as of yet, I was just sayin is all. I've seen ArticulationNut's stuff and I have to agree that it is pretty bad ass. I was just wondering what ever happened to this guy? His toyline seemed pretty cool too. Tis a shame he never came back. And what about those other customs? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? They almost reminded me of a Gundam style BB.

#60 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

Asator, I don't have the time to search for the thread right now but I remember the customs you are referring to. If memory serves me correctly, they were mostly kitbashed from Xevoz figures. I'll try to dig up the link when I've got more time. They were definitely killer and it would be awesome if they made a reappearance!
-Barry

#61 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

INCREDIBLE, absolutely FAB!
:D
Way cool customs!
B)
Too bad this guy isn't showing any more stuff!
:D
He would probably even sell as good as TGB does with his great stuff!

DK77
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#62 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

BTW, Marty, you seem to know this guy.
Couldn't you get him back on this forum?

Greetz, DK77.

PS Don't worry, I still have MUCHO I want to order from you too!
(But not so mucho dinero :D )

#63 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

Asator, I don't have the time to search for the thread right now but I remember the customs you are referring to. If memory serves me correctly, they were mostly kitbashed from Xevoz figures. I'll try to dig up the link when I've got more time. They were definitely killer and it would be awesome if they made a reappearance!
-Barry

Are these the ones you are refering to?

Xevoz Beasts

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#64 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:03 AM

-Barry

Are these the ones you are refering to?

Xevoz Beasts

Those are the ones! Those things are sweet.

#65 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:31 PM

It's a real shame none of those figures are still around (I think I remember reading they were destroyed in a flood or lost in a move or something) they were so f'ing cool!
-Barry

#66 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

Ahhhhhhh...the original inspiration for my jointed figs. Man those figures still look good even after so long. The way Battle Beast should look (and function i might add).

You know...i dont think ive ever asked...how tall are these ?

Edited by Articulationnut, 20 December 2007 - 10:53 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#67 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

It's a real shame none of those figures are still around (I think I remember reading they were destroyed in a flood or lost in a move or something) they were so f'ing cool!
-Barry

:( No way! Destroyed?? What a d*mn shame!! :wallbash:

DK77

#68 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:25 AM

The ones that were destroyed were those large LB sculptures out of clay (there were like 7 of them) not either of these....unless I am getting my "history" wrong.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#69 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

If they're still around, someone needs to get a hold of this guy and see if he's willing to part with any/make more. His myspace page is in one of the posts in the old thread but I've got better ways to waste my time so I don't get involved with that site :lol:
-Barry

#70 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:34 AM

If they're still around, someone needs to get a hold of this guy and see if he's willing to part with any/make more. -Barry

I really love the fox, iguana and tiger he made and the crow looks awesome too!
Definitely would be interested in a bid on those figs :)

ANYONE who knows how to contact this guy?

DK77.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com