• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PlasticVisage

PlasticVisage

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:My wife, kids, art, movies, & anything else that interests me for more than ten seconds. I love action figures of all types & sizes. I grew up on Ninja Turtles (by Playmates), Batman (Kenner), Marvel (Toybiz), and I'm a product of the 80's & 90's. I am currently buying mostly 2 inch scale & some Marvel stuff in 3 3/4 or 6 inch. I am also a painter & sculptor when I need to pay for fun things like bills & food. Strange toys make me smile

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

If everyone who either wants Slug Zombies or Monsters contacts Jakk's they might change their mind. The only reason they even considered a series 5 was that I had over 50 people write to them. If all of us wrote to them a short message we could sway them. Money talks and if we tell them that we will no longer buy their products because we are dissatisfied with their marketing & products....they will get the hint. Be strong and join me friends to get what you want. If all of us demand this product and care enough to speak out...they will listen. Tell them what you want. I promised my sons that I would buy them all these figures and I want to keep that promise. They are just toys, but it is a principle or trust and they need to honor their marketing. If they claim to make 100 and then quit...think of all the people who have invested time and money into the assumption that they could complete their 100 sets. Join me and grow a pair. Convince these corporate jokes that our money speaks volumes.

It's just a bunch of toys, but if anyone on here at Little Rubber Guys really cares about the future fun of themselves or their kids...join me friends and contact Jakk's to stick with what they promised their consumers. If I had known that they were planning to cancel this line...I would never have told my sons about it and I would never have bought any of these. If you want monster's and aliens....join me and let your voices be heard. We are the consumers and if we speak with our wallets they will have no choice but to listen. It isn't about toys, but the principle of disrespect that these people show us makes me irritated. How much time have you spent looking for these in order to complet the anticipated 100? My son cried over this, because he is 3 and I made him a promise that I am not able to keep now.

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

I mean, I have to say "Nay". the line is gone, and 50 people telling Jakks that they'd buy the toys is not enough to make a company turn on it's heel. 

The line is dead, and though I would love to own a Popeye zombie... It's probably for the best that the line dies. They ruined it, and haven't earned our continued patronage.

Invest in other lines, that aren't shameless cash grabs, like perhaps the new GPK figures...

#3 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

I mean, I have to say "Nay". the line is gone, and 50 people telling Jakks that they'd buy the toys is not enough to make a company turn on it's heel. 

The line is dead, and though I would love to own a Popeye zombie... It's probably for the best that the line dies. They ruined it, and haven't earned our continued patronage.

Invest in other lines, that aren't shameless cash grabs, like perhaps the new GPK figures...

i have to agree with iron on this......no matter what...this line is dead. i ain't gonna contact them begging to take my money.

#4 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Plus it's a great opportunity to teach yer kid how to deal with disappointment. That lesson can't be learned early enough............

#5 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

As much as I'd love it to...

sorry-its-not-gonna-happen.gif

#6 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

These zombies should stay dead.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#7 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

yeah it was a boring line, they shouldve made the monsters first than aliens and than zombies.

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Disregarding King Jefferson's grammatical assassination, I agree with him 1000%. I think starting off with the SLUG Monsters would have been a safer bet... But honestly, they should have probably run all three lines in a rotation, so that the wait in between releases didn't seem like such an obvious and apparent sign that Jakks has their head firmly lodged in it's own anus.

#9 jhayward1283

jhayward1283

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

an obvious and apparent sign that Jakks has their head firmly lodged in it's own anus.

I believe that was the only problem with this line

#10 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Holy crap!! Ironmask is actually agreeing with me the world is gonna end

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#11 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

I love my zombies, but money talks. Money says no.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#12 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

The website is gone and they are no longer on Jakks website, nothing will bring this line back

#13 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, I am all for voicing opinions to companies, but I think this ship has sailed (or sunk, haha).

The announcement of new GPK minis softens the blow, though. Hopefully that line will be handled well and will be a hit.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Oh man@"King Jefferson"

But yeah, money talks... Bullshit walks. Jakks handled that line like a bunch of bullshit. Hopefully, Topps has their act together, and companies will see that it wasn't mini figures that failed, but Jakks that failed.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com