#1 Freakstudios

Freakstudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 08:44 PM

Hi everyone, new memeber here.

I've been looking at your incredible collections and decided to share my own. I live in Argentina, Battle Beasts never made it here, so I've been slowly tracking them down the best I could. Only two more left to complete the set.

As for OMFG, I have the first two series (both in tan, series 2 also in black) since I was part of the October toys forum back in the day. 

The case is custom made. 

Hope you like it! 

Attached File  BB Collection.jpg   90.9K   43 downloads

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 21 March 2021 - 03:45 AM

Hi and welcome to LRG!

You´ve been able to built quite an impressive collection for being in Argentina knowing all of your Beasts had to come from different countries who actually did have the BB back in the days. How did you learn about the Battle Beasts because if they´ve never been released there I assume you don´t have any childhood memories about them unlike most collectors?

The display you made for them looks really good, hope you´ll be able to fill in the final two gabs to complete the BB set soon.

Good luck with that and...

Enjoy the Beasts!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 Freakstudios

Freakstudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:37 AM

That's true, I don't have nostalgia for this line, in fact I started toy collecting with MOTU and TMNT, lines that were prominent here in my childhood.

A few years back I started getting serious about collecting and completing some lines but Battle Beasts were not even in my radar. It was a trade with a friend from the US that got me hooked. He was a MOTU collector and I sent him a couple of Fuerza T toys in exchange for some stuff he had I was interested in, he always packed in some extra stuff in the boxes and along the figures there were a couple of BBs. Something in this figures was incedibly appealing to me and after a little research I decided to track down as many as I could.

Five years ago I had most of my collection in storage because I was renovating my house and the place where I was keeping everything was robbed. I lost more than half of what I got. That, paired with harder and harder customs restrictions in my country made me stop collecting alltogether. Luckily, my BBs collection was one of the things that was not in storage and survived. 

Last year I moved to a new house and started setting up a couple of displays and regained some of my drive for the hobbie. 

Here are some pics of my new displays if you're interested.

Attached File  Collection 1.jpg   176.76K   27 downloads Attached File  Collection 2.jpg   74.29K   25 downloads Attached File  Collection 3.jpg   142.46K   27 downloads Attached File  Collection 4.jpg   131.14K   28 downloads Attached File  Collection 5.jpg   108.32K   20 downloads Attached File  Collection 6.jpg   134.36K   19 downloads Attached File  Collection 7.jpg   136.99K   18 downloads

#4 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:59 AM

Nice, it´s always interesting to hear about other collectors from other countries and how they started collecting.

So it seems like it all started with a few BB that were gifted to you and that´s when the BB virus started spreading, I can relate it all went down hill the moment I found my childhood BB Rabbit in a box with old toys ;) 

If you´re curious about it; https://beastformers...kara-hasbro-86/

Welcome to the BB Community!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#5 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

Nice collection, like the TMNT especially Hot Spot & Scratch. Would they be considered the crown jewels out of your turtles collection?

#6 Freakstudios

Freakstudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 12:33 AM

Nice collection, like the TMNT especially Hot Spot & Scratch. Would they be considered the crown jewels out of your turtles collection?

For sure. There were part of a lot of TMNT figures I found on ebay many years ago. It had several rares I was missing at the moment (those two but also Sandstorm and a couple of the most obscure turtle variants). 

It was not cheap, but if you divide the value among each figure (15 total if I recall correctly) it was a steal. Also, I re-sold the ones I already had, so it was even less. 

I'm only missing Shogun Shoate to complete the TMNT collection I want. 

#7 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:36 PM

For sure. There were part of a lot of TMNT figures I found on ebay many years ago. It had several rares I was missing at the moment (those two but also Sandstorm and a couple of the most obscure turtle variants).

It was not cheap, but if you divide the value among each figure (15 total if I recall correctly) it was a steal. Also, I re-sold the ones I already had, so it was even less.

I'm only missing Shogun Shoate to complete the TMNT collection I want.

Awesome stuff, yep I see Sandstorm there too.
Prices for Hot Spot & Scratch have gone through the roof in recent years so you done pretty well getting those 2 figures. To get the accessories for those 2 is pretty insane money too.

#8 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:54 PM

I really dig that custom display case in your first post. Did you do that yourself or have it made?

#9 Freakstudios

Freakstudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:43 PM

I really dig that custom display case in your first post. Did you do that yourself or have it made?

I had it made by a company that does acrylic stands for glasses and store displays. Since I can't get acrylic stands here anywhere I commisioned mine, and the stands for my Dunny and TMNT collections too. 

Awesome stuff, yep I see Sandstorm there too.
Prices for Hot Spot & Scratch have gone through the roof in recent years so you done pretty well getting those 2 figures. To get the accessories for those 2 is pretty insane money too.

Totally insane. I don't have accesories for these, but I display most of my figures without them anyway. 

Edited by Freakstudios, 27 March 2021 - 07:44 PM.

#10 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

Great collection.

Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#11 Freakstudios

Freakstudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:54 PM

Great collection.

Thanks, mate!

#12 Freakstudios

Freakstudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:29 PM

Thanks to the awesome Beasformers that replied to my cry for help, I was finally able to secure the last figures I needed to complete my collection of base Beasts with all 76 original boys and a blue Jag thrown in for good meassure. 

He says that this is probably the first BB penguin to ever reach Argentina. I can say for sure, but that may very well be the case... And I couldn't be happier. 

This completes my collection for now, so I need to decide what comes next. 

So many choices... 

Attached Files

Edited by Freakstudios, 06 June 2021 - 08:30 PM.

#13 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:48 AM

Congrats & Enjoy the Beasts!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#14 ManofV

ManofV

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:M.u.s.c.l.e. Figures, Battle Beasts and laser Beasts.

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:51 AM

That is a really great display.  :clapping: I took to buying a shelf from Amazon as it fits inside an IKEA Kallax unit perfectly. I added the decal myself. Just printed the label off and stuck it on. I am jealous of your great display though, it looks awesome.

As you can see I am trying to collect all of the lower 12 laser beasts in every symbol, that Rainbow Samu is hard to get. The only one there is one I got from Beastformers himself. I only have a full set of S1 too. I'll attach the pics.

#15 Freakstudios

Freakstudios

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 12:08 AM

That is a really great display.  :clapping: I took to buying a shelf from Amazon as it fits inside an IKEA Kallax unit perfectly. I added the decal myself. Just printed the label off and stuck it on. I am jealous of your great display though, it looks awesome.

As you can see I am trying to collect all of the lower 12 laser beasts in every symbol, that Rainbow Samu is hard to get. The only one there is one I got from Beastformers himself. I only have a full set of S1 too. I'll attach the pics.

Thanks! Please do, I'd love to see that.

Trying to track down the Laser Beasts would be next, but It mey be way too difficult to do from here. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com