41 replies to this topic

#1 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

When I was a little kid, I just wasn't into accessories; it was all about the actual figure for me. Some dumb part of my 5 1/2 year-old brain told me the Army Ants thoraxes were accessories, and to tear those suckers off with the quickness and throw them away, never to be seen again.

Here I am 23 years later and I still have all my thorax-less Army Ants, and I know I'm not the only one around here. Frankly, now that I'm feeling a resurgence in my LRG-collecting hobby, I can't help but want to enjoy Army Ants once again, but these thorax-less figures just won't do!

So I thought, maybe I can try and kickstart some discussions here in the LRG community about somebody reproducing some. Personally, I can say right now I'd be in for a dozen or so. It'd be good for the community, and it'd be pretty cool if artists played with the idea (different colors, shapes, attachable mini-figs, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm not really the guy who can get this done, but I figured I'd float the idea out there...

Thoughts anybody?

Edited by DaHumorist, 12 October 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Its been talked about already but im not sure if its still in the works.

#3 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Is there a thread somewhere? I tried searching but didn't find anything.

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

I don't own any army ants, but I can easily say I've never actually see one in person with it's ass on. So I understand the problem.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#5 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

I don't own any army ants, but I can easily say I've never actually see one in person with it's ass on. So I understand the problem.

Yeah all the ones I have from when I was a kid have no ass, I got some from an Italian LRG member that had them though. That would be great if someone ends up making them

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, I had planned on doing it. Let me get back to you guys either tomorrow or tuesday, after I see what I can put together. There were several different ass-piece shapes, but I can probably whip something together tonight, as I am already doing some mold casting on another project tonight.

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, I had planned on doing it. Let me get back to you guys either tomorrow or tuesday, after I see what I can put together. There were several different ass-piece shapes, but I can probably whip something together tonight, as I am already doing some mold casting on another project tonight.

Casting AGAIN?

You weren't kidding when you said you planned on doing a ton of shit this year.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yeah. With the molds that I am casting today/tomorrow, I will have met my yearly goal. <3

But for sure, if I can squeeze a thorax or two into a mold, I'll make that shit happen.

#9 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

ironamask, you would truly be a hero to all!

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

It's something I have been meaning to do since last year, but I have back-burnered it because of all of the other projects. I have a gob of AA that are assless, as well, haha

#11 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yeah. With the molds that I am casting today/tomorrow, I will have met my yearly goal. <3

But for sure, if I can squeeze a thorax or two into a mold, I'll make that shit happen.

Considering you are actually talking about making ASSES that is the funniest thing i've read all week!

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Considering you are actually talking about making ASSES that is the funniest thing i've read all week!

I mean, I am glad that SOMEBODY noticed.

I figured "Squeezing thoraxes", "making shit happen" and "Backburning" "Assless" army ants, would for sure illicit a response. 

It took a minute, haha

#13 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

2 the 10 or so I have are missing the thorax.  I'd be in for 8 ant buttocks :)

#14 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

My wife doesn't see the humour of this thread. What a boring party pooper
<p> </p>
<p>

#15 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Maybe it's time to kick her thorax to the curb. :devil:

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Are these going to be cost effective? Somehow I think it will cost more to produce them then you'd be able to sell them for.

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

We'll see. I'm going to try it this weekend. Been busy this week.

PS: Might I add, I've been selling some of my old sculpts for $6. I think I can find a way to make this feasible, or at least hope I can. Ask Nilla, I have been talking about doing this for a long time.

Edited by ironmask, 18 October 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#18 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

When I was a little kid, I just wasn't into accessories; it was all about the actual figure for me. Some dumb part of my 5 1/2 year-old brain told me the Army Ants thoraxes were accessories, and to tear those suckers off with the quickness and throw them away, never to be seen again.

Here I am 23 years later and I still have all my thorax-less Army Ants, and I know I'm not the only one around here. Frankly, now that I'm feeling a resurgence in my LRG-collecting hobby, I can't help but want to enjoy Army Ants once again, but these thorax-less figures just won't do!

So I thought, maybe I can try and kickstart some discussions here in the LRG community about somebody reproducing some. Personally, I can say right now I'd be in for a dozen or so. It'd be good for the community, and it'd be pretty cool if artists played with the idea (different colors, shapes, attachable mini-figs, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm not really the guy who can get this done, but I figured I'd float the idea out there...

Thoughts anybody?

If there is a specific Army Ant that you want, let me know. I have a bunch of orange and blues ones.  All have their weapon and end part too.  I won't trade/sell them all, but one or two if there are specifics that you want. 

Edited by walker13.1, 18 October 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#19 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thanks, walker, but I wasn't looking to collect more of them. Just hoping maybe there was a way I could salvage the ones I had.

#20 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

I was wondering about the cost as well. Only because the last ones I bought a month ago were $2.00 with thorax...and $2.00 without. I obviously got all 3 they had with before grabbing 3 others.

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

I mean, obviously I am not going to be able to charge something like fifty cents apiece for them, because the product alone costs more than that (per piece). Once I get the mold finished, and a few castings completed, I should be able to get you guys a good price-projection.

#22 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

.50 cents each or you are an asshat. Stop gouging the market.

#23 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

or?

#24 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

I don't know much about army ants, but to my knowledge there is no other replacements for ant butts aside from cannibalizing the butts from other ants, right? So this would be pretty cool and unique regardless.

Also, you should make a full-line of asses if this is succesful. You could make custom butts, bro. Gnarly faces and blood and guts, your specialties, but on butts.

<p> </p>
<p>

#25 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Your specialty, butts on butts.

Fixed it for you Draz

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com