• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

i sincerely hope you own a copy of "bad taste" a truly epic film of wow proportions and a little known fact that it was peter jacksons first film :)

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#27 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

Speaking of bad films, I remember when I am Legend came out, a buddy of mine mentioned that it was the 2nd remake of a really old movie. SO I sa both of the old films as well, 1964's The Last Man on Earth and 1971's The Omega Man.

Last man was kind of interesting but cheesy, like the original Night of the Living Dead. However, Omega Man was campy as all get out. Total 1970's feel to it.

#28 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

I don't currently have Bad Taste, but I have a documentary about the making of it I have been meaning to watch.

I really dug Last Man on Earth, which I have on a double feature $1 dvd with House on Haunted Hill.
Vincent Price always amuses me. I have a copy of an in-house Sears and Roebuck sales training film he hosted for his art collection line that is pretty ridiculous.

#29 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

you must watch bad taste. MUST! you will never laugh so hard at peter jackson and believe me, you will never look at lord of the rings the same way again. my buddies and i would rent really cheesy movies from time to time out of boredom and this one just popped out at us because well... there is an alien flipping the bird at you on the cover and it is called bad taste! how could we NOT rent it?!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#30 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, I have seen it, but unfortunately it is not in my current collection.

I must say that it did not change how I felt about Jackson's LotR. I though Fellowship was shizznite the one time I sat through it, and have never even considered watching the other two. Re-reading the books gives me far more pleasure!

#31 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

Even better than Bad Taste is his Zombie film Dead Alive (or Braindead in some countries). You'll never look at lawnmowers the same way.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#32 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

dead alive was awesome! there was a zombie movie i just watched recently that i can't remember the name of. it was from the point of view of the zombies and they thought everyone else was infected and they saw themselves as normal. also i would recommend a vampire film called "suck" just awesome funny, plus lots of rocker cameos!

é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#33 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

Stoney find out what that movie is called i wanna see it! Dead alive is my personal favorite movie of all time

#34 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

got it!

it is called "wasting away" and it is really well done. the black and white scenes are from the outsiders perspective and the color scenes are from the zombie perspective and it is comedic!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027762/

i would also recommend "the call of cthulhu". it was done in 2005 but done in old silent film style. excellent! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478988/

dead alive is great... "i kick ass for the lord!"

Edited by stoneyface, 27 September 2010 - 02:51 PM.

é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#35 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

Im gonna dl both tonight. Thanks

#36 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

I think Dead Alive may have the most amount of blood used in a single film. The final scene alone used about 300 liters, and the lawnmower scene used an apparatus that pumped out five gallons per second.

I highly recommend it!

#37 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

Speaking of Peter Jackson films, have any of you seen, Meet the Feebles? A film about seriously messed up, dysfunctional muppets - it is a horrific riot.
Posted Image

#38 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

Those are all at the top of my list!

"Hows yer handicap?"

"She's at home.... bakin a cake"

#39 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Speaking of Peter Jackson films, have any of you seen, Meet the Feebles? A film about seriously messed up, dysfunctional muppets - it is a horrific riot.

Meet the feebles has forced me to think Muppets are inherently evil. A friend of mine in college talked me into watching it, she still owes me.

Awesome Zombie flick pic for me would be "Dead Snow" Norwegian cinema at its finest!! Zombie Nazi's vs. Mid 20 campers on a ski vacation, not as much blood as dead alive (like that is even possible) but highly watchable, currently free on netflixs on demand.
Best,
Chris
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#40 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

running man?

é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#41 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

Ahh, classic Ahnold! That film was pretty funny, very unlike the story it was based on, which was not only far more sinister in nature, but the ending in the book was definitely more satisfying.

But sadly, that is not it. Even the obscure/crappy film fanatics at my favorite obscure/crappy film fansite are having a tough time with this one. Some are even convinced that I have transposed scenes from multiple films in my memory.

If that is the case, then perhaps I should recreate the vision of this 80's crapfest I have had stuck in my brain for 20 years using my favorite medium, hahaha!

Now that I think about it, that might not be a terrible idea anyway...I could even try to recreate the even more obscure 80's television show that I cannot remember the name of...

#42 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:22 AM

Well, give us some stuff on the show. Maybe we can find that one for you. :(

Posted Image

#43 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

It was an experimental program, having no real dialogue. The story followed the life of one man (or maybe two) who landed a spacecraft on either an asteroid or a desert planet. Somehow, the ship departs, leaving the main character(s) stranded. From there, each episode seemed to get increasingly more bizarre.
One point of the series which always stuck in my mind involved the main character using a telephone of some kind. Early on in the series, he is seen using it and talking to someone, resulting in him having a very confused look on his face. In a later episode, it is revealed that the person on the other end of the phone is himself, but much older.

This used to air around mid-day in southern Connecticut, USA, circa 1984. I seem to remember it having a single word title, something like Nova or Asteroid, but I doubt either of those are accurate.

The lack of dialogue points to the possibility that this may have been of non-English origin.

#44 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:03 AM

Yeah, sounds like it may have been foreign. I just rummaged through the list of 80's programs on Wiki, and didn't see anything that would look or sound like your show.

Though now I wish they would put Zoobalee Zoo on DVD. :(

Posted Image

#45 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

Wow still no winners on this movie, huh? It's funny, either you did a pretty good describing the scene or I think I've seen it too. That ending seems really familiar.

Although i know you didn't say they were zombies or that it was really a horror movie but the "Brains" section of http://www.best-horror-movies.com usually yields fruitful results for me, if it's horror, sci fi or fantasy.

#46 Phillipas

Phillipas

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

Please help, the name of this film is driving me insance. i wacthed it when i was little about 20 years ago. it was half cartoon, half normal, fink it could have been disney. the cartoon part, thr was a rabbit who lived in a bramble bush and in the movie part there was a boy who had was told not to cross the field to get home because there was a bull and one day he did and got knocked over by the bull. please help, im going crazy, tell me i havnt dreamt this ha

#47 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Please help, the name of this film is driving me insance. i wacthed it when i was little about 20 years ago. it was half cartoon, half normal, fink it could have been disney. the cartoon part, thr was a rabbit who lived in a bramble bush and in the movie part there was a boy who had was told not to cross the field to get home because there was a bull and one day he did and got knocked over by the bull. please help, im going crazy, tell me i havnt dreamt this ha

Are you thinking of Song of the South.

Meanwhile I can't help fuzzbuster but your t.v. show reminds me I need to see Moon.

#48 Phillipas

Phillipas

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

Meanwhile I can't help fuzzbuster but your t.v. show reminds me I need to see Moon.

omg thank you :(

#49 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

I saw that film in it's 80's theatrical re-release, which is kind of surprising, since that is a movie that Disney has tried to quietly sweep under the rug, due to it's inherently racist portrayal of pre-civil war blacks.

There are bootleg copies available all over the net, the most common being a rip of a korean laserdisc. I have a VHS copy which was ripped from that source, and it is exactly the same as the original American version, though Korean subtitles appear during each musical number.

I also have a few of the late 70's/early 80's storybook records based on stories from that film, the one with the most offensive title is called The Story of Br'er Rabbit and Tar Baby.

Attached Files

#50 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

It was an experimental program, having no real dialogue. The story followed the life of one man (or maybe two) who landed a spacecraft on either an asteroid or a desert planet. Somehow, the ship departs, leaving the main character(s) stranded. From there, each episode seemed to get increasingly more bizarre.
One point of the series which always stuck in my mind involved the main character using a telephone of some kind. Early on in the series, he is seen using it and talking to someone, resulting in him having a very confused look on his face. In a later episode, it is revealed that the person on the other end of the phone is himself, but much older.

This used to air around mid-day in southern Connecticut, USA, circa 1984. I seem to remember it having a single word title, something like Nova or Asteroid, but I doubt either of those are accurate.

The lack of dialogue points to the possibility that this may have been of non-English origin.

This seems like some of "The Martian Chronicles" by Bradbury I know some were produced in various programs over the years. Some of them haunt my memories too.

Edited by OmegaTraf, 29 September 2010 - 08:37 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com