Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:54 AM

a little different

font is about the same as the last. i'm trying to make it look more graphic like the logos for battlebeasts and kinnikuman and less 3d like the first try

faded the background a little differently too to show a little more texture from the rubber guy army behind

trying to figure if i can put a little more battle beast representation in. maybe a pirate lion peeking in like kinnikuman is

Attached Files

Edited by Apricot, 20 February 2007 - 06:56 AM.

#28 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:53 AM

I do love that banner, Apricot, but it just struck me that the names for each toy line are in Japanese, and therefore unreadable for most people, I'd guess.

:banana:

Edited by Soupie, 20 February 2007 - 07:54 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

hmm true.

i dont know how the MUSCLE logo would work in there. i wonder also if i could find a decent battle beasts logo that would work in that space

I do love that banner, Apricot, but it just struck me that the names for each toy line are in Japanese, and therefore unreadable for most people, I'd guess.

:banana:

#30 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:07 AM

OK, here is my final entry. I feel it's my best one:

[b]Well, I lied. I updated my banner 2 more times.
Here I added The Ultimate Muscle, Fire Wood & Water and KN pics as well as the words "Community Forum."

glad you decided to throw your signature into the mix, both are cool, but I gotta go with the first one too.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#31 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:28 PM

:rolleyes:

I like the Japanese logos. Most people don't need to be able to read them. The fans know what they say and thats what counts.

I still think the text needs some work but I am a crabby old man who is never satisfied with anything. Bah humbug!
Posted Image

#32 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:43 PM

i think it still needs work also, but i was already pushing the deadline (as usual haha)

do you have any suggestions for it?

:rolleyes:

I like the Japanese logos. Most people don't need to be able to read them. The fans know what they say and thats what counts.

I still think the text needs some work but I am a crabby old man who is never satisfied with anything. Bah humbug!

#33 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:16 PM

I think it would work better if you could make the text feel more like the japanese logos. I am not even sure what I mean by that but you might try filling the text with a gradient and layering the text to create an offest outline. I actualy think the first text you have worked better and I am not crazy the color. (Typography can be a pain in the buttocks). I think it might be helpful to try some new directions with the text and generate some new ideas, then work those into your original concept.

Sorry, I cant be more help. Its allways easier to offer criticism than to offer solutions. There are no shortcuts around the process.

Don't sweat it though man. I think your banner rules.
Posted Image

#34 Seres Wyvern

Seres Wyvern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Macro photography, scientific illustration, coin collecting.

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

Well, I'm not sure if I'll show my works here =P

Hmm, but I'll comment the others =D

[WhiteLeo] All works seems to be great! But I liked more the third one =3~ :rolleyes: [/WhiteLeo]

[kevinmayle]U know? I didn't liked so much ur first ones, but the last one (not with flags xP) is a rly kicka**, lol [/kevinmayle]

[matthewf1tz]Ur second one is better for me, with a more simple background (good detail for the toys!), and I can see more clearly the stroke =D, good job![/matthewf1tz]

[Apricot]It was very awesome to see ur work growing xD The last result was great!! Congratz![/Apricot]
Posted Image

#35 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:57 PM

if i win the contest, i'll try to change up the text some. i like that suggestion. it's actually where i am headed. i liked the border around the battlebeasts logo and stuff like that. and the gradation in color

#36 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

All I can say is WOW! You guys did a kick ass job!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com