37 replies to this topic

#1 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

Well, another project in the making. Heres some pics of my custom Megaman Mechs, created from Soupies superb collection.

This is the most complex and smallest i've done in a 5 parts. Due to its scale and shape complexity there are only going to be a few of these available. So wanted to gauge interest at the £30-35 price range.

A MIMP is shown in the first pic for size comparison. Let me know what you think.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:12 AM

wow, as if you didn't already have enough of my money. :(

is the little dino looking mech going to be available?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#3 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

Holy eff!!!!
Thank You!!!!

Soups
You sly devil!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

Amazing. Very nice!

And depending on the level of interest, he reports that he is up for the challenge of molding and casting the other two. If the interest is there, I'll ship them out to him asap. :(

And that Flesh color is awesome, mate. I'd love to see one cast in the light blue or purple. :p

Edited by Soupie, 23 August 2009 - 07:37 AM.

Posted Image

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

damn. okay, i might not be able to get one right away, but the dino one is going to have to go on my hopes and dreams list.

#6 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

if you have a complete set of those i would be interested.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

truelly awesome... but a bit too much $$$. very cool tho.

#8 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:01 AM

Csmhoff you are just killing it lately. I'm still blown away with the GPK stuff you created and the BEB stuff looks great, but this is an equally awesome idea!

$50 is certainly a lot of money for one figure, so I want to ask - What do the mechs normally sell for?

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:36 AM

i thought the mechs were pretty pricy. especially the flesh colored ones. then you factor in all the fees and shipping from japan, i think $50 or whatever the exchange rate is for the day is quite reasonable.

there's just the three mechs right?

Edited by dankingery, 24 August 2009 - 06:37 AM.

#10 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

I'm sure it's a savings. I just like to have a proper business case built. :lol:

#11 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks guys, I aim to please. Still so many more projects I want to do though - I really want to do the GPK series 2 figures. And that reminds me I was do some pictures of my gpk sets with a new camera.

I was hoping to keep it to £25, but the moulding and failure rate is exceptional high to to complexity and scale so its more like £30-35 depending upon nr of figures produced/sold. So only a few are going be available.

#12 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:30 AM

Count me in for one!

I have the originals, but I am a sucker for different colors :unsure:

Edited by hawkze_2.3, 29 August 2009 - 06:31 AM.

#13 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Any chance you have just the rider for this mech laying around? I picked up a clear one missing the "hands" and the rider

Posted Image
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#14 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

Any chance you have just the rider for this mech laying around? I picked up a clear one missing the "hands" and the rider

Posted Image

hey,

sorry not at present, the failure rate is really high on the arms/figure, and only managed to get a few casts done, the mould is nt going to last unfortunatly due to the scale/complexity. But if i do have any spare i'll let you know.

In terms of the mechs project, we are going be putting it on hold for this year, the weather is getting colder/damp, and i'll be putting all casting on hold till spring. (which gives me some time to sculpt though).

hawkze_2.3 : You have first reserve on one. I'll let you know once i find out how many cast if I can get any more casts from the current mould.

#15 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

hawkze_2.3 : You have first reserve on one. I'll let you know once i find out how many cast if I can get any more casts from the current mould.

Thanks :rolleyes: Definitely let me know, and if you need to make new molds I have originals of most of these.

#16 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Did these ever get made~?

#17 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

hawkze_2.3 you have a PM. Im personally interested in having 1 or more of these (Megaman X fan here :D) and if im not the only one interested i'll make new molds and cast for the board if needed i.e. if the original poster doesnt make the molds.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#18 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

eh... Hawkze_2.3 hasnt been on since Sep 1st and i would love some of these, but the $35 is a bid much. If someone can do them for $20 or less i'd be on board.

I have 2 originals myself and would love to get the ones i dont have, especially if they are made in rubber. :D

#19 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

Well if someone has the 2 you dont have and they are willing to provide them for the masters i'll make them. Im not concerned about the financial aspect...i just want my Megaman X toys :D
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#20 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:10 AM

Sweet. If sets are getting made, I would definitely be interested.

#21 Bazoon

Bazoon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

I would buy a set too. Love those toys.

#22 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Sorry guys, I have not been on here in a while. I got some PMs from Articulationnut, but we never really got anywhere (prob my fault as I have been really busy with school and a preggo wife).

I would love to get some of these made so I could add to my collection just like you guys, though I am a bit weary about sending them out just because they are so hard to get a hold of (for me anyhow, haha).

Here's some pics of all the mechs I have found:

Attached Files

#23 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

Its good to see your back :)

If i recall there are several people on the board who use the RTV molding / casting method for duplication so hopefully someone steps up for you. If not , as a last resort, my offer still stands .

BTW...that 2nd pic is new to me :shok: . What are those and how tall are the Megaman mech pilots in the 2nd pic ?

#24 hawkze_2.3

hawkze_2.3

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Thanks, how do you make your molds? I assume you have thread with pics and examples maybe you could link me to? :D

Here's a few more pics of the mechs and their buddies next to a MUSCLE. They are all plastic as they come with the little 'mini model kits' they sell in Japan.

Attached Files

Edited by hawkze_2.3, 09 May 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#25 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

these are awesome! i love the look of that flesh mech!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com