• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

Back when I was young, there was a cartoon called X-Men and it was hot stuff back in the day when Fox Kids was the king of cartoons. When I heard there was a game on the Sega Genesis, I was willng to test it to see if it was a close adaptation of the cartoon. However, when I played it, it was more like a scary nightmare than any decent game I've ever played, computer or not. Soon, I started to hate the game, because it haunts me whenever it comes to my mind and anytime I listen to the game's lobby music, it brings me back to the terror of actually playing that piece of slag. What a rotten waste of a game!

By the way, if you're not too much of an X-Men buff or you just like to collect Sega games in general, make sure that you stay away from this game and be careful that you don't play it, because this game will haunt you whenever it can.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#2 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

Back when I was young, there was a cartoon called X-Men and it was hot stuff back in the day when Fox Kids was the king of cartoons. When I heard there was a game on the Sega Genesis, I was willng to test it to see if it was a close adaptation of the cartoon. However, when I played it, it was more like a scary nightmare than any decent game I've ever played, computer or not. Soon, I started to hate the game, because it haunts me whenever it comes to my mind and anytime I listen to the game's lobby music, it brings me back to the terror of actually playing that piece of slag. What a rotten waste of a game!

By the way, if you're not too much of an X-Men buff or you just like to collect Sega games in general, make sure that you stay away from this game and be careful that you don't play it, because this game will haunt you whenever it can.

Wait, what? The Genesis X-Men games are both pretty awesome, i thought this was the general consensus. Anyway, i like 'em. :D And i both love the X-Men and have a crazy-huge Genesis collection. The X-Men game for the NES....now that's terrible.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

i actually really liked that game... it was short tho i remember beating it in a few days.

but the worst game has to be superman for the n64, i wanted to love it but... daymn it sucked~!!!

Edited by Ericnilla, 14 July 2008 - 09:09 PM.

#4 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

The first TMNT game for the NES was one of my all time most hated games. And whats more, I wanted to LOVE it, I mean, I was 10 years old and it was a TMNT game. You do the math.

WORST. GAME. EVER.
Posted Image

#5 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, that first TMNT game was pretty terrible. I actually went back and tried to beat it like a year ago, fully understanding all the crap i never did as a kid, like how to actually navigate the top-down driving scenes, and where to use the rope, and what have you. Still a terrible game. The level where you have to deactivate all the bombs in the dam is one of the least fun things i've ever played. Then they had one good one with the surprisingly decent arcade port, and then it was back to terrible with the Manhattan Project. "Oh hey, remember that special move that was vital to playing through II? Well, now it damages you. Enjoy!"

Anyway, yeah...first TMNT game...NES X-Men... kids today don't know how good they've got it with their video games that actually resemble the franchise they're tying into. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#6 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

worst game ever?

pit fighter on the SNES

eff*ing Boll*cks!
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#7 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

X-Men for the nintendo is actually responsible for crashing two nintendos. I got a load of games from a friend once and he didn't tell me until after the fact that X-men could damage the nintendo somehow. He thought he threw it away after it messed his system up, kinda how I got a load of free games.

E.T. for the atari, I never did figure out how to play the damn thing. To the point I thought my cart was defective until the internets told me E.T. just plain sucked.

#8 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:36 AM

worst game ever is perfect weapon on ps1. words cannot describe how miserable this game is. you will easily take 10 years off of your life if you play this game. dreadful. never has a game forced me to kill more people out of frustration than this one. i would rather play my daughter's powerpuff girls game than this load of crap.

Edited by dankingery, 15 July 2008 - 06:39 AM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#9 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:45 AM

The first TMNT game for the NES was one of my all time most hated games. And whats more, I wanted to LOVE it, I mean, I was 10 years old and it was a TMNT game. You do the math.

WORST. GAME. EVER.
Posted Image

I always hated that game, too. Never could find Splinter, because level 3 is more confusing than the first two levels and at the end of level 2, you have to disarm bombs to save the dam under a very limited amount of time and that turns out to be another example of a rotten game gone to a terrible waste. Speaking of waste, there's also another game that I couldn't come to love, but it's a PC game called Dragon's Lair. You watch a scene, then when the time comes, you press the button. That was the dumbest game I've ever played, second only to X-Men on the Sega Genesis.

Edited by Garatron75, 15 July 2008 - 06:54 AM.

#10 MissMothra

MissMothra

[Moth] the [Machine]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:I like: Gazelleman, Buffaloman, Transformers, harlequins, Marvel comics, Joker, Watchmen, guro, music, drawing, hacky-sack, Nidoking, mechs in general, warm blankets, Coca Cola, AVP, Godzilla movies, Gamera movies, rendering artwork, cosplaying<br /><br />I hate: yaoi, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, rap/hip-hop, Future Trunks, baked beans, Mudkips, Hanna Montana, Twilight, lots of other things..<br /><br />Got a problem? Too bad. Run along now.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:30 AM

My worst that actually gave me nightmares was what effing board game "Guess Who."

....Do you realize how the pics of those faces affected me as a child?
Posted Image

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID EVERYONE ATTACK AND IT TURNED INTO A BALLROOM BLITZ!

#11 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

I always hated that game, too. Never could find Splinter, because level 3 is more confusing than the first two levels and at the end of level 2, you have to disarm bombs to save the dam under a very limited amount of time and that turns out to be another example of a rotten game gone to a terrible waste. Speaking of waste, there's also another game that I couldn't come to love, but it's a PC game called Dragon's Lair. You watch a scene, then when the time comes, you press the button. That was the dumbest game I've ever played, second only to X-Men on the Sega Genesis.

I seem to remember that X-men was pretty awesome. I haven't played it in years, though.

I'll also disagree on Dragon's Lair. That game was awesome... it was like playing a cartoon! Maybe the PC version you played was a bad transfer or something, but I've always enjoyed it. I'll have to pick it up on Blu-Ray.

However, I totally agree with TMNT. It had such potential but it just fell flat on its face. I don't think I ever got past level 2.

MUSCLE for the NES really sucked, but I think that's a given on this board. There was also a Godzilla game for the NES that was pretty bad.

#12 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

Tortle, i used to hate the M.U.S.C.L.E. game too, but i picked it up again recently and found it to be at least moderately playable. Disappointing sure, but there are worse wrestling games on the NES. ;)

And yes, Dragon's Lair was awesome for its time. Sure, it's dated now, but no crappy game could draw crowds like that one did at the arcades. I think Garatron seems to either hate all games, or at least just the good ones. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#13 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

MUSCLE for the NES really sucked, but I think that's a given on this board. There was also a Godzilla game for the NES that was pretty bad.

I've played MUSCLE for the NES and I found it to be okay, except for a few things that they could have popped into the game to make more fun.

And yes, Dragon's Lair was awesome for its time. Sure, it's dated now, but no crappy game could draw crowds like that one did at the arcades. I think Garatron seems to either hate all games, or at least just the good ones. :)

You got to be kidding me, right? I've played alot of good games like Super Mario All-Stars, Mortal Kombat and that kind of stuff. I mostly play Super Nintendo games instead of Sega Genesis ones, because those are some of my most favorite games I've come to know and love. Heck, I've even grown up playing Super Nintendo games and I've still managed to love Super Nintendo games, even though I don't have a Super Nintendo anymore.

Edited by Garatron75, 15 July 2008 - 08:02 AM.

#14 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

Dragon's Lair, Space Cadet, Braindead 13, and several other 'timing' games are classics-- but they're a really different kind of game. Some people I can see not liking them if they're use to Mortal Kombat, etc.

I remember the Genesis X-Men. After seven years of having abandoned the game due to not being able to reset the computer, a friend of mine mentioned it as his favorite in-game puzzle (I think mine was opening the safe in Maniac Mansion). I asked him why, and he explained it: To reset the computer, before the one minute timer ran out, you RESET THE MACHINE. Yes, you reached out and RESET THE GENESIS MACHINE WITH THE GREY BUTTON ON ITS FRONT.

...Brilliant. But hard as hell to figure out!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#15 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

If we include board games, I'd say that Risk sucks. Usually one player gets a bit of an advantage over the other players about half-way through the game, which means that the rest of the game degenerates into a total rout of the other opponents. Unless the other opponents create alliances against the strongest, in which case the game lasts FOREVER. ;)

#16 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

If we include board games, I'd say that Risk sucks. Usually one player gets a bit of an advantage over the other players about half-way through the game, which means that the rest of the game degenerates into a total rout of the other opponents. Unless the other opponents create alliances against the strongest, in which case the game lasts FOREVER. ;)

No, don't bad mouth Risk. I love Risk...however I haven't found anyone to play with in years – like since junior high.

My wife and I tried to play (ONE time) she's like, "This is a nerdy boys game."

#17 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

If we include board games, I'd say that Risk sucks. Usually one player gets a bit of an advantage over the other players about half-way through the game, which means that the rest of the game degenerates into a total rout of the other opponents. Unless the other opponents create alliances against the strongest, in which case the game lasts FOREVER. :wallbash:

No, don't bad mouth Risk. I love Risk...however I haven't found anyone to play with in years – like since junior high.

Dude, if you like Risk, you should try this game out.

"War On Terror: The Boardgame"

My brother in law knows one of the designers of the game and he got me a copy for Xmas. It's super fun and funny hell.

#18 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:19 PM

However, I totally agree with TMNT. It had such potential but it just fell flat on its face. I don't think I ever got past level 2.

Level 2 had way too much focus on those bombs. The rotating spikes, killer plants and seaweed would make any same person to just shut the game off and destroy it, like Irate Gamer. He just chomped the game in two.

#19 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:35 AM

If we include board games, I'd say that Risk sucks. Usually one player gets a bit of an advantage over the other players about half-way through the game, which means that the rest of the game degenerates into a total rout of the other opponents. Unless the other opponents create alliances against the strongest, in which case the game lasts FOREVER. :lol:

Risk is awsome.

I rarely play world domination though, it is usually missions. A mission game takes a lot less time, we also shuffle and hand out the territory cards instead of doing the place on piece at a time. Draw a mission card and do what it says, destroy the red opponent or hold two areas like Asia and south America. We also llimit the number of men on a space to 12. When we didn't do that and had huge armies we would generally pull out 5 or 10 guys or more depending on the size so we didn't have to roll quite as much.

try Dice Wars for a risk type fix. The is another one called kdice that you play against other people but I haven't tried that one.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#20 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

I LOVE risk. If we ever meet, Veers, I hope there's a copy around. [Ivan Drago] I. Vhil. Cwruhsh. Ycchu.[/Drago]

You might also try buttonmen.com-- a great collectable dice game that you can play online for free (since if you buy the button sets, you'll probably never get someone to play with you!)
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#21 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

I remember the Genesis X-Men. After seven years of having abandoned the game due to not being able to reset the computer, a friend of mine mentioned it as his favorite in-game puzzle (I think mine was opening the safe in Maniac Mansion). I asked him why, and he explained it: To reset the computer, before the one minute timer ran out, you RESET THE MACHINE. Yes, you reached out and RESET THE GENESIS MACHINE WITH THE GREY BUTTON ON ITS FRONT.

...Brilliant. But hard as hell to figure out!

Good Goku almighty, that just brings me back to the terror of actually playing that game. That one minute timer scares me so bad, I'd rather shut the game off and smash it with a hammer. I was deeply affected by the details the game just threw at me and the music is so bad, it gives me nightmares. In fact, the only tune that didn't scare me was the music at level 2 before you entered the ship, but even that makes me want to shut the game off and play Super Nintendo games.

My worst that actually gave me nightmares was what effing board game "Guess Who."

....Do you realize how the pics of those faces affected me as a child?

I understand that the pictures of those faces affected you as a child, but Guess Who might as well be equivalent to X-Men for the Sega Genesis. I think both those games should be given the poobag awards for being the worst games we've played. I thought it was fun to play Guess Who, but now that I've realized that the pictures of those faces were able to affect you as a child, I think it might be a wise choice just to avoid that game, just as much as I fear X-Men for the Sega Genesis.

#22 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

My friend was telling me about an old Mega Drive game he used to play, and whenever he played it he felt ill afterwards, so he got this thing going where if he didn't feel like going to school, he'd get up early and play the game and so be too sick to go to school. He couldn't remember what it was, but after he described it to me I recognised it as Puggsy. I booted it up on an emulator and we both had a go at it. Admittedly, I felt a bit woozy playing it, but he had to go straight to bed!

And now, regarding previous posts:
I LOVE that Turtles game, even though I can only get to the 2nd level. Mostly it's the sound effects and the weird variety of enemies that had never been seen (by a Turtle) before - fire-people, frog-men, chainsaw-zombies, ceiling-beasts, magic-rock-people...

And Dragon's Lair was fun, but my favourite "timing" game was Time Gal, obviously because of the death sequences. Toei mustn't've liked the idea of killing the cute anime girl, so they made her go all fat whenever she died, as that makes it okay, obviously ;)

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com