21 replies to this topic

#1 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 03:27 AM

Today, Nintendo releases the Classic NES Series for the GBA. 8 Games make their comeback on individual cartridges selling for $20, each.

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong (if you have the e-Reader edition, why bother getting it?)
Excitebike
The Legend of Zelda
Ice Climber
Pac-Man (if you have Pac-Man Collection, don't get this)
Xevious
BomberMan (YOU GOTTA GET THE ORIGINAL TO SEE HOW IT STARTED!

They're also releasing a special GBA SP styled after the ORIGINAL NES Controller, sold at $100. I'm getting it, because it'll give me an opportunity to trade in Pokemon Red & Blue, Stadium 1 with Transfer Pak, StarFox 64, Super Mario 64, and a fourth title for credit to use on the GBA SP. If you're all in for some nostalgia, or if you DON'T have an e-Reader, get these titles if you can!
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#2 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image

Hm, cool gimmick, but not worth $100 bucks. As far as I can tell, the only extra features are the color scheme.
Posted Image

#3 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:16 AM

So I want to get retro Nintendo-looking stuff. HotTopic.com has a digital watch which looks like a Classic NES Controller. And I have a red Nintendo Rehabilitation Center Shirt (The first step is admitting you have a problem). It's not like I should get a Red Mario Hat!
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#4 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:21 AM

So I want to get retro Nintendo-looking stuff.

Hey, I agree that it's cool, but, for me, the price isn't right.

*clears throat

Besides, I don't get a $200 allowance from me mum.

:lol:
Posted Image

#5 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:51 PM

i saw that today at Target. I really like the the way that it looks, but im not willing to get another one since i got a sp already. Out of the classic games i saw, i was a little intrested in picking up mario bros, and zelda...although i like excite bike, it is just gets boring after awhile....besides i can play that on Animale Crossing if i wanna play it bad enough.

Posted Image

#6 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:52 AM

Animal Crossing got bored for me after two years, so I traded it away at Gamestop, Memory Card and all (erasing that data in the AC Game). It got me Mario Kart: Double Dash for about near $30, and it was used! The way I gain great things, is if I have something I could trade away, like those 4 N64 games, Pokémon Red & Blue (Data erased on both), Lemmings (it was hard), and a Transfer Pak, I could easily get the GBA SP Classic NES Edition with Bomberman for as little as $107.79 (Actual final amount I had to pay, counting Taxes)! And I DID get it! YES! I rule! I rule!

#7 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:55 AM

Its a cool idea releasing the games on GBA. I think that 20 bucks is a rip off though. I think they should have bundled games in one cartridge. It would be sweet to have SMB 1-3 classic on one cart or some of the sport titles etc etc.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#8 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:54 AM

I got mine on Sunday. It came out early at Best Buy here in AZ so I jumped in the car a picked one up right away. My brother works there so he told me they had them in stock early. They price matched Circuit City and I got min Classic NES SP for $89.99 and Super Mario Bros. for only $14.99! It was a sweet deal. I love the color scheme and although I already have the Platinum version, I couldn't pass this up.

I think releasing the classic NES games on GBA in an awesome idea. I actually have been playing all of my favorites for months thanks to my flash card and the roms I can download to it. I think it's funny that now Nintendo did the same thing. I gues they were planning this all along. Maybe I should have told them my idea, haha! I could be rich by now. Doubt it. :(

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

there are only two problems with this. One of them is the fact that you can play most of these games as add-ons to other GBA games. the other is that, well, i actually *remember* most of them, and own a fair number.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:00 AM

If I remember correctly, there was already a 'Classics' line to the Game Boy Color; I remember distinctly seeing Shadowgate, all three Mario games, Ninja Gaiden, some kind of wrestling game that looked familiar, and the NES Kirby game at Toys R Us at one point for $18 each.

What's the big deal?

[sidenote]*The Orgg is a pen-and-paper gamer for the most part[/sidenote]
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#11 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:30 AM

I think you'd mean Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland for GBA, and Super Mario Bros. DX, Shadowgate, and a few others...

#12 WhoDatMuscle

WhoDatMuscle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:15 PM

I want to get the GBA itself, as well as Super Mario Bros, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Right now I don't have the money, but hopefully soon. With these NES classics being released, is there any hope we'll see Punch-Out! for GBA any time soon?
"I'm drivin' the hell outta this truck!"

#13 WhoDatMuscle

WhoDatMuscle

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:55 PM

I got Legend of Zelda yesterday. A little more effort could've gone into the port. Instead of simply placing black bars on either side of the screen, they've stretched the screen to fit the GBA. It's not horribly warped or anything, certainly not near as extreme as playing a regular GB cart on GBA, but it's just enough to look odd. Also strange is that Link and the monsters don't seem warped. They look normal size and proportion, though I could be wrong about that since it's hard to tell. The combined result is that movement seems to be off. All that said, I really don't want to put anyone off of getting this. If you're a Zelda, or just classic NES, nut like I am you're still going to want this game. It's portable Zelda after all. I've only played the first dungeon so far, and I have no doubt that after I play it a little while things won't seem off.
"I'm drivin' the hell outta this truck!"

#14 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:51 PM

On the Classic NES GBA:SP I thought I saw it in adds for $90 not a hundred, or a little less actually.

Still haven't gotten any of the classic games, plan on Zelda atleast though. There a site you can go and vote for the next series though. Threw in a vote for MUSCLE ofcourse. just check nintendo.com for it.

I think a lot of folk are voting for Castlevania (I did too) as well.

#15 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:58 AM

I voted for all the faves I used to play - TMNT 1 & 2, Castlevania, Zelda II, Kid Icarus, Tetris, Adventures of Lolo, Kirby's Adventure, Dr. Mario, and a few others. I also put in M.U.S.C.L.E. just for the heck of it. I definately hope we get Kid Icarus in the next wave!

#16 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:36 AM

I got the GBA retro nintendo version and super mario bros. for less than $115.00 bucks and all brand,new later on I bought Excite Bike,man I love that game, :lol: and hope to see more old school titles
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#17 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:50 PM

Of course, the sales can boost up if people who have these games on their old consoles or emulators can be bothered to go and buy!

Depending on the conditions/additions of the games, I could just go and buy them! :)

#18 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:40 AM

I actually have been playing all of my favorites for months thanks to my flash card and the roms I can download to it.  I think it's funny that now Nintendo did the same thing.

Do you mean you've been dnloading ROMs to a Flash Card and playing the Flash Card on your GBA?

Or are you just transferring the ROMs from a PC with an Internet connection to a PC with an emulator?

:)
Posted Image

#19 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:44 PM

99.99 is the regular retail for all GBA systems, I admit the NES look is neat but I already have one and I have the Flame one which looks a lot cooler especially with my Wario sticker on the front. I would buy one of these Classic NES game series if I didnt already have em on my comp. I mean I would buy one if they had one I REALLY liked, such as Battletoads, Adventure Island and Megaman. I would sure as hell buy some classic SNES ports like Earthbound, Super Metroid, Secret of Mana and Mario RPG (Which was a hell of a lot better than that pinheaded Mario & Luigi :) )

But unfortunatley I think Nintendos going for the most popular classics, but untill just afew monthes ago I have never heard of Ice Climbers. B)

#20 Tsuzuki

Tsuzuki

Ph33r M3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:08 PM

I wouldn't mind having a GBA, but in the "I can't buy fun stuff" mode right now.

#21 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:25 PM

Final Fantasy III(or 6) for GBA or Chrono Trigger would be kickass! After all, I owe the awesomeness of my avatar to CT. :D

Mario RPG would be dope too.
Posted Image

#22 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:04 AM

I don't NEED both games, because I have FF Anthology (V and VI) and Chronicles (FFIV and Chrono Trigger). I basically have all the Final Fantasy games, except for Final Fantasy III, X-2, and IX! What I don't count of it is the Tactics game.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com