Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The return of...Robo Force and...MORDLES!

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hey guys!
Been a long time since I was active around these parts...I've been busy!
Check out this interview over at Poe Ghostal.com for some information on the return of everyone's favorite little rubber guys after MUSCLES, MIMP, and Battle Beasts - the MORDLES! Plus info on the return of Robo Force!
http://www.poeghosta...robo-force.html
More to come!

John K.
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#2 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Incredible! Where should we check for updates and more info? Can wait to see the first protos! Whose doing the sculpting for the Mordles?
Posted Image

#3 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Mordles! I'd buy a Hun-dred! :spiteful:

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

MORDLES!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Mordles... But, sadly, no pictures of them.

Rommel sad.

#6 Fraganaut

Fraganaut

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm not familiar with either of those lines but consider my interest picked •̫͡•ʔ

Glyos system? You have my full attention.

Glow in the Dark Mordles maybe?

#7 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Incredible! Where should we check for updates and more info? Can wait to see the first protos! Whose doing the sculpting for the Mordles?

Updates will be at Toyfinity.com, themordles.com, and theroboforce.com for Robo Force - as well as in interviews and podcasts around the net.
Some sculpting for Mordles will be done by Matt Doughty of Glyos fame, but not in the first wave...

Mordles... But, sadly, no pictures of them.

Rommel sad.

I don't want you to be sad!
Hoping for test shots in the next month or so, which should answer some questions about what the first wave of Mordles will be.

I'm not familiar with either of those lines but consider my interest picked •̫͡•ʔ

Glyos system? You have my full attention.

Glow in the Dark Mordles maybe?

I love GITD!
Mordles would look great glowing, wouldn't they?
And wouldn't it be great to finally have a clear Mordle? Or maybe green ones?
Okay, now I am being a bit teasing.
But I'll guarantee you this - if you like Mordles, you're going to be very, very happy this year.

John K.
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
www.toyfinity.com

#8 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm really excited but then I just thought... Are these going to be released in the same manner as Glyos "drops?" If so, I'll be majorly disappointed. I still don't have any Armovors for that reason. :/

I'm hoping not!

Edited by Soupie, 12 March 2013 - 05:35 PM.

Posted Image

#9 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

I'm really excited but then I just thought... Are these going to be released in the same manner as Glyos "drops?" If so, I'll be majorly disappointed. I still don't have any Armovors for that reason. :/

I'm hoping not!

I echo this. I was marginally interested in the Glyos line when I first read about it... But all of that drop nonsense really turned me off to their scene.

#10 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I'm hoping not!

Is the drop always at an inconvenient time? I don't know how getting an Armorvor would have been easier without the weeks of advance notice on when to order.

I think more Glyos collectors would complain if new stuff was added to the store completely at random. Quick sellouts of the stuff I like is the reason I didn't get into Glyos before last October, but you get used to the drop night thing if you really want the figures.

#11 Skullking

Skullking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, i don't see the Glyos drop issues as anything Onell created specifically for their products. It's very similar, and no where near as bad as the previous sell out drops which happened at mattycollector.com before they made everything into subs. I haven't had an issue with either of the two glyos drops I've been a part of, but then again I've been at work for both with a great internet connection.

I always figured it was just the high demand vs the amount of product they have which creates all the issues. But I suppose the real problem is that unlike Mattel which re releases all of their characters as second time (not so much anymore) they only do a wave/color/style of Glyos once, then move on.

I really am looking forward to these Mordles, I think they should be fun, and I hope they have a lot of character in the sculpts. I recall really liking them as a kid, and I'd have never guessed that in the future I'd find a whole community of people who liked them too. Also, I might pick up 'CRUEL' from Robo Force when he gets made, as he's my favorite character.

#12 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Is the drop always at an inconvenient time? I don't know how getting an Armorvor would have been easier without the weeks of advance notice on when to order.

I think more Glyos collectors would complain if new stuff was added to the store completely at random. Quick sellouts of the stuff I like is the reason I didn't get into Glyos before last October, but you get used to the drop night thing if you really want the figures.

I don't want to derail this thread, but my perception of Glyos drops - based on things I've read that people have posted - is that it's a matter of waiting by ones computer for the drop to begin and then attempting to log into the store and then attempting to purchase items they want before they are gone. If that's the only sale model that's feasible for an independent, popular line such as Glyos, then so be it. However, I'm not a fan of it.
Posted Image

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't want to derail this thread, but my perception of Glyos drops - based on things I've read that people have posted - is that it's a matter of waiting by ones computer for the drop to begin and then attempting to log into the store and then attempting to purchase items they want before they are gone. If that's the only sale model that's feasible for an independent, popular line such as Glyos, then so be it. However, I'm not a fan of it.

This.

I hope that the new Mordles have a much more open availability. I would gladly buy a gob of them on that account. I have always liked them, but they are a pain (in my experience) to get your hands on.
The whole "Drop" gimmick seems like an artificial way to force immediate sales, but I digress. I don't agree with it (and I hope that the way Eric and I do business reflects that).

Back to Mordles: I honestly have no connection to Robo Force, and could care less about the line... But I hope that there is at least one common, readily available color of Mordles that are always in stock.
This whole "Colorway Palsy" that seems to have infected the indy toy scene is outside of my imagination.

#14 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Robo Force I loved...can't wait. Mordles...I had these as a kid and had no clue what they were from until now. Bring those guys on!

#15 Pseudomancer

Pseudomancer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:The Trash Pack, Kinder eggs, Hello Kitty. Looking to start collecting Monster in My Pocket, and maybe flesh M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Mordles!!

This is exciting. A line with tons of personality, that never had the chance to shine.

#16 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

The initial armorvor drops were harsh but they have since increased the numbers and it's not hard to get what you want if you are there when they hit the shop. It is frustrating but i remember reading an Onell blog post basically saying if ONE drop was too big and didn't sell well the line wouldn't survive the hit. So i understand the need to keep it how it is and would rather deal with the hassle then risk losing such a cool line of very affordable stuff. Especially considering how friendly customer service is and how every single time you order more then a couple things you get awesome free stuff included.

#17 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, i don't see the Glyos drop issues as anything Onell created specifically for their products...
I always figured it was just the high demand vs the amount of product they have which creates all the issues.

I hope that the new Mordles have a much more open availability. I would gladly buy a gob of them on that account. I have always liked them, but they are a pain (in my experience) to get your hands on.
The whole "Drop" gimmick seems like an artificial way to force immediate sales, but I digress. I don't agree with it (and I hope that the way Eric and I do business reflects that).

Back to Mordles: I honestly have no connection to Robo Force, and could care less about the line... But I hope that there is at least one common, readily available color of Mordles that are always in stock.
This whole "Colorway Palsy" that seems to have infected the indy toy scene is outside of my imagination.

Hey guys!

First, since this just came to my attention, anyone who has interest in learning more about the mechanics behind independent toy production (and production overall) should check out Cornboy of the Four Horsemen on the latest episode of Roast Gooble Dinner: http://roastgooble.l...t-gooble-dinner
Some great information there about the challenges of independent toy production and talks about production quantities.

I completely understand the concerns about availability.
I'll be making Mordles in a fairly high quantity because I want people to be able to get them. To FINALLY be able to just get them without the hassle and expense of the vintage ones.
Personally, I want to have a giant army of them - I WILL have a giant army of them, in a rainbow of colors. Any long-time members will know my passion for the RBT figures and the Mordles.
There are plans for an "immordle edition" of colorways that would always be available in the store. It will be announced when the first of these particular colorways (which I believe many people will want continuously available) is coming.

As far as the style of release goes, there are reasons that you see many sales occur as a "drop".
The easiest one to discuss is the lead time necessary for mass production.
It would be totally awesome to have the ability to have "open stock" - a box here, a box there shipped to me as orders came in. But that's not the way the business works.
When you guys are buying the first release of Mordles, I'll probably be ordering the third release. The lead time is that long.

We're in this together! If you guys want tons of Mordles, it will happen.

John K.
www.toyfinity.com

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hey guys!

First, since this just came to my attention, anyone who has interest in learning more about the mechanics behind independent toy production (and production overall) should check out Cornboy of the Four Horsemen on the latest episode of Roast Gooble Dinner: http://roastgooble.l...t-gooble-dinner
Some great information there about the challenges of independent toy production and talks about production quantities.

I completely understand the concerns about availability.
I'll be making Mordles in a fairly high quantity because I want people to be able to get them. To FINALLY be able to just get them without the hassle and expense of the vintage ones.
Personally, I want to have a giant army of them - I WILL have a giant army of them, in a rainbow of colors. Any long-time members will know my passion for the RBT figures and the Mordles.
There are plans for an "immordle edition" of colorways that would always be available in the store. It will be announced when the first of these particular colorways (which I believe many people will want continuously available) is coming.

As far as the style of release goes, there are reasons that you see many sales occur as a "drop".
The easiest one to discuss is the lead time necessary for mass production.
It would be totally awesome to have the ability to have "open stock" - a box here, a box there shipped to me as orders came in. But that's not the way the business works.
When you guys are buying the first release of Mordles, I'll probably be ordering the third release. The lead time is that long.

We're in this together! If you guys want tons of Mordles, it will happen.

John K.

I can dig this.
I like the idea of being able to go on the store, when I have available disposable income, and being able to order some right then, instead of having to suffer through any "drops". I'll most likely only collect those "immordle" colors, because of the convenience of having them available... But I am very happy to read that you're going to be giving us the best of both worlds.

Thank you.

#19 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

OMG! I literally feel like I just got dropkicked right in the childhood! I'm am so excited right now!

I spent a large chunk of 2012 tracking down all ten RBT toys, but only managed to score five mordles so far, and I still need a blue one. eBay sellers are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to mordles. I remember one guy constantly relisting an orange mordle for $200+. I can't wait to have an army of these little guys to go on my shelf, and since you own the rights, they're official! I won't have to feel bad I supplemented my collection with knock-offs to fill the gaps.

As for Robo Force, I also proudly display my set of ten (with all weapons) on their own shelf. I too felt angry I somehow missed that Tiltor auction on eBay, since I'm supposed to receive notifications on my iPhone about new listings. Oh well.

Since this is my first post, I might as well officially introduce myself. My name is Joe and I love collecting 80s toys. My current favorites are Robo Force, RBT, Madballs (especially Oculus Orbus), Rocklords - I only need one more weapon(Spearhead) and Snarly Narlie to have a 100% complete collection, and Garbage Pail Kid Cheap toys - I actually have a full set of 10 Canadian series 2 figures.

#20 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

OMG! I literally feel like I just got dropkicked right in the childhood! I'm am so excited right now!

I spent a large chunk of 2012 tracking down all ten RBT toys, but only managed to score five mordles so far, and I still need a blue one. eBay sellers are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to mordles. I remember one guy constantly relisting an orange mordle for $200+. I can't wait to have an army of these little guys to go on my shelf, and since you own the rights, they're official! I won't have to feel bad I supplemented my collection with knock-offs to fill the gaps.

As for Robo Force, I also proudly display my set of ten (with all weapons) on their own shelf. I too felt angry I somehow missed that Tiltor auction on eBay, since I'm supposed to receive notifications on my iPhone about new listings. Oh well.

Since this is my first post, I might as well officially introduce myself. My name is Joe and I love collecting 80s toys. My current favorites are Robo Force, RBT, Madballs (especially Oculus Orbus), Rocklords - I only need one more weapon(Spearhead) and Snarly Narlie to have a 100% complete collection, and Garbage Pail Kid Cheap toys - I actually have a full set of 10 Canadian series 2 figures.

Welcome to the board, Joefuzz. Great first post!

#21 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Welcome to the board, Joefuzz. Great first post!

Thanks. I've been looking for a new forum to hang out at for a while. Considering that the new owner of RBT hangs out here, I'll definitely be sticking around.

Edited by Fuzz, 15 March 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#22 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

I can dig this.
I like the idea of being able to go on the store, when I have available disposable income, and being able to order some right then, instead of having to suffer through any "drops". I'll most likely only collect those "immordle" colors, because of the convenience of having them available... But I am very happy to read that you're going to be giving us the best of both worlds.

Thank you.

I'm going to try to not make the drops too painful, as much as possible.
I'm going to try to give people a two to three week notice before a product release so that it isn't sneaking up on wallets.
If there are thousands of rabid Mordle fans out there just waiting for these that make releases stressful, then I'll adjust what I do to make sure people can get them!
I wish Mattel hadn't poisoned the idea of clubs and subscriptions so much...I even think about making a "one of each" club and I immediately think HORROR MATTEL E-VIIILLLL.

John K.
www.toyfinity.com

#23 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm going to try to give people a two to three week notice before a product release so that it isn't sneaking up on wallets.
If there are thousands of rabid Mordle fans out there just waiting for these that make releases stressful, then I'll adjust what I do to make sure people can get them!
I wish Mattel hadn't poisoned the idea of clubs and subscriptions so much...I even think about making a "one of each" club and I immediately think HORROR MATTEL E-VIIILLLL.

John K.

Will there be any ordering limits, at least on the first release?

#24 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

John K.

The one of each club can work pretty well i think. If you look at the way spanky stokes pulled it off with his artist strolls it seems to work perfectly. I know a few people who would be all over something like that simply because with toys as old as the ones we love we tend to be old enough to have the income to buy what we want but it's time that is hard to find. So being around for a drop is a difficult task, The 10 or 20 or 30 bucks we need to cough up is easy in comparison.

Maybe if you did a limited one of each club that offered maybe 5 figures in a row THEN a reorder for another 5 would be needed?

#25 Skullking

Skullking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

John K.

Don't confuse the anger which surrounds the Mattel subs with something like this. Their main issue is that everyone hates Digital River. Then there's the price of the figures, which, when you're forced to buy figures you don't want, makes you mad. Also, the MOTU line is a conglomeration of 3 'different' 80's toy lines (and that's not including all the 2002 series, and any other weird characters they throw in there), one of which was a Girls line. The hard core Classic series fans don't always want all of the she-ra characters, and vice versa. It's all kind of a mess really. But for something like Mordles, well, you get what you expect, Mordles. No ones sitting there going,"Hey! Why are there no hot wheels in my sub!!??".

Especially if you intend to include some cool variants, I think you should definitely have subs. The hardcore fans can gettem, the rest can cherry pick as they please. I know I personally would LOVE a sub feature for this, cause, I want ALL the MORDLES!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com