Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The return of...Robo Force and...MORDLES!

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#51 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Oh hell yes flesh would be awesome. As close to muscle flesh as possible would be incredible.

#52 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

There are definitely new-style Mordles in the pipeline. I don't want to invoke "the future" too much until you guys see what the first line-up is.
"Ripsaw" has some friends you'll be meeting over the next few weeks.

If sales permit, I will do unpainted ones and pass along as much of a cost break that it allows so you can customize them (or use them in story however you want).

Ha! I hadn't thought about this. MUSCLES pink like OMFG has? Or more of a flesh color?
Something I can definitely do if people respond well.

John K.

muscle color Flesh unpainted would be my favorite style

#53 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Quick update this week, friends!
I posted a pic on my twitter with a sneak of another Mordle in the new set - another reproduction Mordle!
Look closely at the attachment.
More info to come soon!

John K.

Attached Files

DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#54 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

Awesome! :woot:

#55 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I posted a pic on my twitter with a sneak of another Mordle in the new set - another reproduction Mordle!
More info to come soon!

John K.

Nice! I'm not a collector of Mordles per-say but I have one Rocks, Bugs & Things Trapasaur from my childhood who lost his Mordle long ago and have been having a hard time finding a replacement. I'll definitely be following the progress on here! :)

#56 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

posting in here just to follow this. I love my Mordle.

#57 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

More info to come soon!

John K.

I hope, hope, hope! you're doing the tall skinny one next!
Posted Image

#58 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

I hope, hope, hope! you're doing the tall skinny one next!

Agreed. And if so, it should be the green version from the Terrorantula boxart.

Attached Files

#59 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

I happen to be partial to those with girth. They're the bullies of the litter! e+

#60 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Updates!
Two more Mordles revealed!
Reveal of one of the first colorways soon.
Details on Club Mordle forthcoming!

John K.

Attached Files

DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
www.toyfinity.com

#61 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Nice! I get more and more excited with each update!

#62 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Did I miss any discussion on price idea yet? I hope its reasonable and I get to play too. I'm excited that extra Mordles will leave some room for customs. Nobody including myself was willing to paint the vintage ones.

#63 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Updates!
Two more Mordles revealed!
Reveal of one of the first colorways soon.
Details on Club Mordle forthcoming!

John K.

Those look really good, let me be the first to sign up for Club Mordle :woot:

#64 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Nice! Good to see the one on the far right. I have found he is one of the most difficult to find. There is another that is squatty, rotund and grimacing like Ripsaw which is equally rare. I believe they came with Wicked Cricket and Rockadile. Though, I am not sure which one was associated with which. Those 2 are my limiting figures for complete sets. So it will be awesome for all of us to indulge even in the hard to find sculpts! These protos look top notch!!!

#65 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Nice! Good to see the one on the far right. I have found he is one of the most difficult to find. There is another that is squatty, rotund and grimacing like Ripsaw which is equally rare. I believe they came with Wicked Cricket and Rockadile. Though, I am not sure which one was associated with which. Those 2 are my limiting figures for complete sets. So it will be awesome for all of us to indulge even in the hard to find sculpts! These protos look top notch!!!

The one that came with Rockadile is on eBay right now, but the seller is looking for $80 or best offer.

#66 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Did I miss any discussion on price idea yet? I hope its reasonable and I get to play too. I'm excited that extra Mordles will leave some room for customs. Nobody including myself was willing to paint the vintage ones.

Hello!
No discussion of price yet - I was thinking that since the vintage Mordles go for so much, people would be good with...$300 per set!
(crickets)
Kidding! :smilie2:
The prices have not yet been set. Still some factors at play in the machinery of things that determine the final price - but I'm targeting "reasonable" as the pricepoint.

Just to give a little more about Club Mordle - since it's genesis was feedback from here - I'm not trying to make it a club with exclusives and all the other nonsense that winds up aggravating people. The function of it is to guarantee the members of the club the product that I release without needing to participate in drops and such.

Hoping to show you guys the first colorway later this week!

John K.
www.toyfinity.com

#67 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

I still wanna know who is paying these crazy prices for mordles? I wouldnt pay more than $10 for a original and no more than $2 for a reissue.

#68 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

I still wanna know who is paying these crazy prices for mordles? I wouldnt pay more than $10 for a original and no more than $2 for a reissue.

I don't think many people are willing to pay a crazy amount for them. There are two mordles on eBay right now, and the seller is asking for $80 each (although I see they've added a BO option now). They're still sitting there. While I would love originals to only be $10, the cheapest I've gotten one for in this past year is $15. $30 was the most I paid for one. The rest were somewhere in between.

Like just about everything that's hard to find, I feel like eBay greed is driving up the price. I've never found a mordle at a toy convention or flea market yet, so I, and probably many other collectors, have no other option but eBay.

Edited by Fuzz, 16 April 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#69 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Just to give a little more about Club Mordle - since it's genesis was feedback from here - I'm not trying to make it a club with exclusives and all the other nonsense that winds up aggravating people. The function of it is to guarantee the members of the club the product that I release without needing to participate in drops and such.

Rockin'. I hate having to plan business trip flights around toy drops... not that I've, uh, done that.

Will there cards so we can be card-carrying members of Club Mordle? :) I'm glad Mordles are armless, I won't have to worry about the secret handshake.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#70 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I am really impressed with how this line has been shaping up. Listening to fans and adding a club option so drops don't stop anyone from getting all the colors is a pretty cool move. Listening to our opinions on colors is awesome as well. Giving us fans what we want is a really rare thing with factory produced toys. I've seen it with stuff like UofV of course and Hustle releases but this is the first time i've seen someone with factory capability so open to other peoples suggestions.

I can honestly say if these released and you hadn't posted here i would have grabbed one or maybe two colors at the most but with how you're handling the line and treating us i will be a club member for sure.

Edited by PlasticSoul, 16 April 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#71 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

The one that came with Rockadile is on eBay right now, but the seller is looking for $80 or best offer.

Yeah, the prices have been out of hand for quite some time now. I was fortunate enough to amass most of my collection years ago. When I decided to get out of it, I was paying $10/single mordle. That was it for me. But on the other hand, they have been a great investment! The market is seeing them go for double or triple that with immediate sales at that price. Not that I condone that. It's just observation. I come across them very rarely at decent prices and they are almost always lost in a jumble with other random toys. I have, however, acquired some really cool customs within the last couple years. JCal did some awesome thermal responding color changing (Hypercolor) and neon varieties which were very good quality. So it is glacier speed for anyone collecting mordles.
Club Mordle sounds stupendous. I am all for the inclusiveness, variety, and future inspirations that it could theoretically bring about.

#72 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Here is a photo of production green found on DoomKick.

Posted Image

#73 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

UPDATE!
Here is a pic of production GREEN Mordle "ripsaw" and the first reveal of production yellow! It's a different shade of yellow than the originals - the original 'mindripper' Mordle is shown for a comparison. The blue one in the pic is also an original who snuck into the pic.
Final versions will have paint on them - hoping to have a test to show you very soon!

More details to come, and the full details on Club Mordle!

John K.

Attached Files

www.toyfinity.com

#74 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for sharing! :D They look great! A couple of more questions... because why not...

I never had an original Mordle. How do these feel compared to the originals? Were the originals rubbery? Are these new ones made of a plastic similar to, say, OMFG/Glyos or a more rubbery SLUG Zombie kind of thing?

Where are the names coming from, and what are they? I was looking around for more references to "Ripsaw" and "Mindripper" and they all lead back to these forums. Does each style have a name at this stage?

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#75 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

Here you can find all the infos you need http://bogleech.com/...bugsthings.html

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com