ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Onell Design posted pics of the new drop coming this Friday. Looks like we're getting red/black colorways this time, with some light grey mixed in on select figures. Also there's apparently a new joint system for those of you who like to build.

http://onelldesign.b...on-details.html

I only collect Armorvors and Crayboth, so here's some images:

Armorvor-ROU-Mimic.png
Crayboth-RSD-WEB.png

Edited by bachamn, 10 October 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#2 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

I was hoping the Crayboth would be the gray color, or black with red accents similar to how the Hades Force cray was black with aqua accents.

I'll be in for the Armorvor, Pheyden, Sarvos, Exellis, and the black Glyan with some swing joints. I'm hoping there is a black Exellis head in the mix somewhere so I can make an all black Exellis with the parts from a Sarvos and Pheyden.

Here is a sneak pic where you can see the Armorvor wolf head is painted in a similar light gray:
Posted Image

I love the colors on this drop. For people that don't read the blog, they are also planning on doing large runs of some "standard" figures and maybe clear build stuff so the store is almost always stocked with figures like Standard Pheyden. If the standards show up in the store on Friday, I'll probably try for one of each of those too. Could be a pricey night for me.

#3 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

I may actually try to grab some of these this time. I have clear a clear green Pheyden but I would really like to have one of the standard release versions. And I would also like to have an Armorvor in my collection, simply because I'm curious about why everyone raves about these figures so much. The Glyos stuff in general have some designs I think are pretty cool, but the limited availability and the ridiculous ebay prices have kept me from actively collecting the line.
I don't see this stuff pulling me away from my Beast Saga, Muscles, or UofV, but I figure it won't hurt to dabble in it a bit, just to see what all the fuss is about. Everyone else seems to be pretty happy with their figures!

Edited by glass67, 17 April 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#4 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

I only collect Armorvors, so will be picking up two of these guys as I intend to trade one of them for the Sonesidar Armorvor I missed last time (effin site crash!) I have 3 Crayboths that I no longer want too, so PM me if you'd like them or even if you have a Sonesidar available :thumbsup:

#5 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

I only collect Armorvors, so will be picking up two of these guys as I intend to trade one of them for the Sonesidar Armorvor I missed last time (effin site crash!) I have 3 Crayboths that I no longer want too, so PM me if you'd like them or even if you have a Sonesidar available :thumbsup:

VENENOR is taking offers on a Sonesidar Armorvor link

There is usually more than a few days notice of the drop date, so there will probably be a lot of people listing stuff for sale in Issaris Marketplace and taking reasonable offers over the next couple days. Might see some ebay stuff listed with low BIN prices too.

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

How good are my chances to get in on this drop? People make it sound like you have to have an itchy trigger finger to get the figures.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

I am going to try and get two of these come friday as well. I plan on having one standard, and one using a clear red wolf head from TGB's infestation armorvors.

#8 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

How good are my chances to get in on this drop? People make it sound like you have to have an itchy trigger finger to get the figures.

Your chances are just as good as anyone else if you are getting to the site at 9:30 EST. I would expect a few things to sell out within the first 30 minutes, and most of the new stuff will be gone within a couple days.

I've been on for the last 3 drops and got everything I wanted without any problems. There are always people that have trouble getting the site to load or refresh, or that complain that they got cart-jacked. It happens.

#9 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Your chances are just as good as anyone else if you are getting to the site at 9:30 EST. I would expect a few things to sell out within the first 30 minutes, and most of the new stuff will be gone within a couple days.

I've been on for the last 3 drops and got everything I wanted without any problems. There are always people that have trouble getting the site to load or refresh, or that complain that they got cart-jacked. It happens.

I should've said that a little better.

Do I need to have all my crap in a cart and checked out at 9:32? I'm only in this for the vors and crays so I was thinking my transaction would be quicker than most.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#10 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I should've said that a little better.

Do I need to have all my crap in a cart and checked out at 9:32?

The Syclodoc is the only item that goes that quickly. The 2 per person limit on Armorvors and increased production numbers has kept them in stock for over 20 minutes recently. I know at least 1 traveler sold out before the black/gold Armorvor a couple drops ago.

#11 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Sent you a pm on the crayboths burty. :) Wish I could help you out with the creamsicle-colored release but I already traded off my extra to another member a bit ago.

Draz, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you pre-load the store and spam refresh right around the drop time. As others have said I've had no problem getting the stuff I wanted on the last drops; as long as you get them in your cart and get the checkout to work it should hold your cart if you make it to the Paypal checkout screen. On the first drop I got in on I actually made two orders to ensure I got the Armorvors I wanted, and when I contacted them about it they had no problem combining shipping fees and refunding the extra shipping costs. :)

I'm also curious what the surprizes will be on launch day that they mention in the blog post.

Edited by bachamn, 17 April 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#12 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm like you bachman, started following the drops because of the armorvors, and then I ended up getting in to the Crayboths something fierce. I also really like the Syclodocs, and hopefully I can score another one of those friday as well. Really hope that one of the surprises is the legendary 'KING" Crayboth, which was lost during the design of the 'Rig'.

I have no interest in the new joints, but many people seemed hyped about them. So I will avoid picking any up so that others can be sure to get some.

good luck to everybody! :hi:

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

As if my wallet wasn't hurting enough already. :lol:

This drop looks EXCELLENT! I'll be on once more at 9:30 EST with my itchy trigger finger.

#14 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'll pass on this one for now. I kind of thought there would be a new type of Armorvor released by now, or atleast a new head. Was hoping Armorvor was going to be a line of characters rather than a single individual.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'll pass on this one for now. I kind of thought there would be a new type of Armorvor released by now, or atleast a new head. Was hoping Armorvor was going to be a line of characters rather than a single individual.

I'd kind of always had the impression that the Armorvor was kind of a side project that went along with the rest of the Onell releases; kind of a nod to Beastformers in order to attract that demographic (worked on me ;) )

Having said that, the main reason I'm still pursuing them is to collect different bodies to use on the custom heads cast by TGB that I picked up a few months ago. (Octopus, Gorilla, Crocodile, Spyder). There are always new sculpts going into then coming out of Marty's workshop from a few different artists so really if you're wanting some variety that'd be the way to approach it. Though, those heads are a bit pricey (usually at least twice the cost of a whole Armorvor figure) so I likely won't expand my collection of head sculpts past those that I've already purchased unless something truly spectacular comes along...

#16 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I rely on these posts. :thumbsup:

#17 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

One more day until this drop. I love the red and black coloring of it. I'll also be picking up a couple of TGB's Infection armorvors next weekend as well, which are all a translucent red. Looking forward to making some interesting builds of translucent red, black and solid red.

For those who haven't seen TGB's infection armorvors, hers's a link to the info for them. They are going to be full production clear red armorvors at 10 bucks a piece at C2E2 in Chicago next weekend. I think there are going to be some separate infection clear red custom heads at the Nerd City booth as well.

http://thegodbeast.blogspot.com/2013/04/2013-c2e2-exclusive-glyos-infection.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

I wish I could pick those up. Red is my favourite colour and those look soooooooooooo good.

Coincidentally red and black are my favourite colour combos so I'm really hoping to snag some stuff on this drop tomorrow.
<p> </p>
<p>

#19 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

This drop is gonna have me twitching all the way till I see that my order went through w/ a confirmation email.

The last drop was almost a dissaster, I had just finished rebuilding my machine earlier that day and the internet was kinda boggy.

C2e2 is gonna be a blast, is there a thread somewhere around here seeing who's going?

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#20 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

This drop is gonna have me twitching all the way till I see that my order went through w/ a confirmation email.

The last drop was almost a dissaster, I had just finished rebuilding my machine earlier that day and the internet was kinda boggy.

Same here! I missed everything last time when the site wouldn't re-load :wallbash: Fingers crossed for this one.

#21 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm looking forward to another comic installment from Matt and Ralph too, hopefully tonight.

I've got my list down to 7 things:
Armorvor
Pheyden
Sarvos
Exellis
Crayboth
Black Glyan
Black Swing Joints

I'll probably get whatever surprises Matt mentioned too if he is talking about something more than just bonus heads that are included with the figures I'm already planning to get.

#22 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

C2e2 is gonna be a blast, is there a thread somewhere around here seeing who's going?

=)

I just made one.

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=160330

Are you going? I'll be there on Saturday from late morning until probably till close.

#23 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Yeah buddy, I'll be there hustling me & Kyle's (creator of omfg's phantom shithouse) mini figure Grim Brim @ the Nerd City booth.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#24 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Really hope that one of the surprises is the legendary 'KING" Crayboth, which was lost during the design of the 'Rig'.

At first when I saw this I thought you might be right:
Posted Image

...but turns out it's just a cray with a swing joint set. Still pretty cool though! :)

Man..just noticed that they sold out of the last Crayboth 2-pack (purple/orange) prior to drop. I was going to pick one of those up with my order :closedeyes:

Edited by bachamn, 19 April 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#25 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I got mine! :aggressive:
<p> </p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com