• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#226 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:43 AM

I was among the first wave to complete an order. Still managed to get a message of apology that Phanost was sold out. I uh... Well. I just kind of assume they sent the figures to friends and names they recognized instead of in the purely chronological sense. Cause with a 2 figure single order limit in the first hour, I kind of doubt they sold out of in the 10-20 minutes it took for my paypal to send me a receipt. I realize that it's sort of an embittered reaction, but I get the feeling that I lost out due to being an unknown rather than being too slow on the draw. Other than that, the figures look great and I'm excited :L

I can understand the frustration, but honestly the people behind Glyos are amazing and do everything they can to take care of their customers.
There was a drop sometime last year with a Hades figure that was EXTREMELY popular and sold out very quickly. I was lucky enough to snag him but some longtime collectors missed out. So it wasn't about being friends or familiar names, drops just go that way sometimes. It's not always fun, but that's the reality when you deal with special drops or sought after characters.
I've missed things in the past that I want, but I keep coming back because there's always something new and they're just damn good people.
If nothing else, join the forum at OT and try to make a trade or something. It's a great community of really good and helpful people, so it's only a matter of time. Of course, they may just do another run of him...

#227 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Strongman, Power-lifting and mini-figures.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

I appreciate the response, and hope that you're right about the whole deal. As for dealing in trades and the like... It's not a possibility for a guy making his first real purchase of figures, and then being told that they aren't in stock anymore... So, you know... 

I also have no idea what the forums at OT are. I hope the prices on ebay aren't any sort of indicator of what to expect there, otherwise I'll be getting fleeced by shylockes xD

(Nevermind all that. I've found the link)

Edited by Phaedrus, 24 July 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#228 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

I was among the first wave to complete an order. Still managed to get a message of apology that Phanost was sold out. I uh... Well. I just kind of assume they sent the figures to friends and names they recognized instead of in the purely chronological sense. Cause with a 2 figure single order limit in the first hour, I kind of doubt they sold out of in the 10-20 minutes it took for my paypal to send me a receipt. I realize that it's sort of an embittered reaction, but I get the feeling that I lost out due to being an unknown rather than being too slow on the draw. Other than that, the figures look great and I'm excited :L

I understand why you would feel that way but the chances of that happening are zero. It makes no difference who you are or if they know you. The guys behind this line are the nicest, kindest most generous people in the indie toy world(right at the top with Jkaris's own line). They always send freebies. They always solve any issues even if it was in no way their own fault. I got a figure missing a little piece once and asked if I could buy another even though they were out of stock and I was sent 3 for free and allowed to keep the first one as well. Your frustration is understandable but having been around for as long as many of us have you'll see that sometimes things are just way more popular then anyone expected. Armorvors used to sell out in under a minute so we all know how missing out feels but they try to put the numbers at a level that is obtainable for us and safe for them at the same time. It is a horribly difficult thing to balance properly. They don't want to sell out in under an hour but they don't want things sitting around a few weeks later either. 

#229 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Check the latest blog update: http://onelldesign.b...atching-up.html

You'll have to wait for a re-order Phanost to get produced and ship, but you'll eventually get it at no cost or shipping. The only other time the Onell PayPal inventory system glitched in the few years that I've been collecting was around June 2013 for the first release of Noboto. They ended up completely re-doing that sale and gave away the first production run of Noboto in two different colors for free (one per customer).

You'll be taken care of. I hope you like the rest of your order from this round. I only ordered 4 figures and should get my package on Monday. Might go back for more when the store opens again depending on what is left.

#230 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

I decided on another Argen instead of Phanost, so I'll be picking him up in September (hopefully).
But for them to just flat out give them away to those that got refunded is crazy awesome!
Memories of that wacky Noboto drop...
Matt and co. still continue to amaze with their generosity!

#231 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

It is genuinely awesome. In a way that makes someone like myself feel a little guilty. After handling it so ungraciously :( I can at least say I'll never question their character again, and am preparing my wallet for the next release.

#232 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:56 PM

Matt is truly an awesome man. Marc and Michelle are totally awesome too! :D
They have always gone above and way beyond for their customers. Something any of us running a business should aspire to emulate.

#233 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

This certainly rings true, now that I've gotten to my package and found three free surprise figures. Including the Orkmogg Noboto. P_P I though I was going to become outwardly emotional. I was willing to believe the things people have said in defense of Onell already, and now they've made a lifelong customer of me.

#234 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:13 AM

That Noboto is a sweet bonus. I went back and ordered that and the matching Crayboth when the store re-opened, so I haven't got them yet. I think that Noboto would look cool with the Orkmogg Skeleden's axe. I notice a lot of first time customers commenting on bonuses that aren't included in all orders. Almost seems like they want to give you a sample of a figure you passed on for your first order.

It's good to see this wave has almost completely sold out. l prefer Onell figures with painted detail lines even though it's not a small price bump to get them. It's good to see people are going for the deluxe painted figures instead of just waiting for the next round of $12 Skeledens and $8 Noboto.

#235 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

I wanted the Manglor Skeledens, but naturally the purple/pink sold out first. Then the degenerates go to ebay and add about 10$ to the price. I'm hoping that gets a reprint. I've got no desire to support unscrupulous sellers like that :( To be honest, I'd be okay with them reprinting everything xD.

#236 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:13 AM

you wont see any reprints, however a good tip is a day or two before new drops, check the in the glyos section on he OT forum and watch out for sales.   people tend to sell doubles just prior to a drop to afford new drop.     never hurts to check :)

#237 DDR

DDR

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE Salmon #108

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

Drop is live.... Sweet crayboths & translucents!

Edited by DDR, 23 February 2016 - 06:33 PM.

#238 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

New drop in the store now http://onelldesign.com/store/ includes a Metaluna Mutant version of Outer Space Men Orbitron.

archive-osm-orbitron1.png

#239 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

Damn that's beautiful! and looks like they are gone.

#240 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

Holy shit that thing is amazing. How much was it?

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#241 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

Holy shit that thing is amazing. How much was it?

$18 and comes with a couple accessories. Limit was 1 per person and they lasted about an hour. 

#242 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

new stuff

http://onelldesign.com/store/

archive-armorvor-spectre2B.png

archive-quallerran-zekroyas.png

archive-glyarmor-andromeda1.png

archive-osm-alpha7-1.png

archive-crayboth-spectre2B.png

#243 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

9:30 EST tonight. I probably won't get in on this, but they look nice. Good job of matching the greens with the characters.

TMNG-GROUP-WEB-3.png

#244 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

I want that raph so bad, but their shipping kills it for me. I just can't justify spending that kind of scratch on one dude.

If anyone picks up an extra raph, we need to work out a trade deal yo!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com