#1 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

RoboForce is making it's first drop appearance today, Sunday Oct. 27th

These are the new figures being offered by ToyFinity.

Sunday Oct. 27th at 9:00pm eastern

8:00pm central

7:00pm mountain

6:00pm pacific

15.00 for each package. Each package contains 40 parts. Tons of building fun.

LIMIT 1 per person.

Store Link

http://www.toyfinity.com/store.php

Maxx-Zero-Regenesis-Form-4-WEB_zps655433

HunDred-Regenesis-Form-2-WEB_zpse5a760d6

Robo-Force-17_zps2952cb21.jpg

Robo-Force-3_zpsc757af86.jpg

****Photos are property of ToyFinity and DoomKick

Edited by PimpNugget, 27 October 2013 - 01:29 AM.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#2 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Can't wait to get mine!! Glad they haven't overloaded on the paint apps.

Edited by bigburty, 27 October 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#3 Er0k26

Er0k26

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I love the figure, but I hate this color way.

#4 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I love the figure, but I hate this color way.

I agree.

The grey isn't my favorite.

I hope the orange test shot eventually gets put into production.

Maxx-Zero-Test-Shot-CLOSE_zps921f645d.pn

#5 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm really liking the grey, but that's largely because I'm planning on using this first release to make a ride for the Genesis Corps Sincroids that came out the other month.

soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#6 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Maxx-Meets-Ex_zps0d8342da.png

#7 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I'm really liking the grey, but that's largely because I'm planning on using this first release to make a ride for the Genesis Corps Sincroids that came out the other month.

I've had the Robo Force figure since NYCC and didn't realize the grey matched the LSA color until your post and seeing the blog pic. I like the unpainted grey. It has a prototype look to it. I might grab tonight's figure too if it sticks around for a few days, but I expect it to sell out quick.

I hope we see Hades Force and Spectre colors for Robo Force eventually.

#8 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

wow sold out in minutes...

#9 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

AND they're sold out.

#10 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

• that was REALLY fast... feeling very lucky I wasn't cartjacked!

#11 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

• that was REALLY fast... feeling very lucky I wasn't cartjacked!

Me too.

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

I wasnt going after it, but i was on the phone with The Watcher when the drop went down and he missed it by seconds. had to change his payment method and that was enough. haha sucks.

another reason to hate small drops. why not just order 500-1000 of each color? multiple color releases is a big reason I dont buy these things.

Edited by Ericnilla, 27 October 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#13 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I wasnt going after it, but i was on the phone with The Watcher when the drop went down and he missed it by seconds. had to change his payment method and that was enough. haha sucks.

another reason to hate small drops. why not just order 500-1000 of each color? multiple color releases is a big reason I dont buy these things.

Probably the same reason you don't have 500-1000 of the same color and fig in your store.

#14 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

haha, well i offer all my figures available at anytime, i dont worry about drops. :p

but yeah i understand its all factory made. i just dont understand why they dont do larger drops, especially with how popular they are.

Edited by Ericnilla, 27 October 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#15 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

haha, well i offer all my figures available at anytime, i dont worry about drops. :p

but yeah i understand its all factory made. i just dont understand why they dont do larger drops, especially with how popular they are.

This was probably half of what would normally be in a drop.

He had the factory rush and send him some that were unpainted for NYCC.

Look in Onell's store.

They are sitting on lots of figs in the regular store and buildstation.

Onell drops rarely have any fig that has 500 or more available.

#16 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

i just dont understand why they dont do larger drops, especially with how popular they are.

doctorkent post a few days ago on the Glyos forum that this grey could be re-run in the future if it was popular enough. I wouldn't expect a large production run on any first release Glyos figure that isn't by Onell. It's a big risk. There wasn't much talk about the re-boot of Robo Force among collectors until pics of the NYCC figure started popping up. I wasn't familiar with the original line and wasn't expecting to be interested in the new figure until I saw it, and a lot of people on the Glyos forum said the same thing.

#17 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I missed out. It sucks but what are ya going to do? I think I will not be getting this line as it's going to be hard to keep up with I fear. I have too much going on to keep up with drop times  nowadays, especially when they sell out in minutes. It's only a toy after all. Wow!? Have I matured or what? Perhaps it's the drugs, haha!

#18 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Color me disappointed. I was initially very sad that this Robo Force reboot was being shoe-horned into Glyos and not its own unique toyline. Now that I see they basically come in prototype colors, and the fact this set doesn't have enough parts to make each individual robot at the same time, I think I'm going to pass on Robo Force. I wasn't looking to play with them. I wanted to display them next to my original figures, but honestly, I think they're ugly toys. They're not mini-figures. They shouldn't be mono in color. These would've looked so much better if the color schemes matched the original robots.

While these may have sold out quickly, I have to assume there are several hardcore Robo Force fans like myself out there that are extremely disappointed. Toyfinity has a real winner with mordles, but I think the ball has been dropped with Robo Force. For me, the negatives severely out-weigh the positives.

Sorry Dr. Kent. I love the mordles line, but I'm not of fan of your vision for these Robo Force figures. Hopefully, future waves will have some color.

Edited by Fuzz, 28 October 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#19 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Yeah I missed out. It sucks but what are ya going to do? I think I will not be getting this line as it's going to be hard to keep up with I fear. I have too much going on to keep up with drop times  nowadays, especially when they sell out in minutes.

I think there will be a Club Robo Force eventually similar to Club Mordle. The production numbers would need to be high enough to last for a public sale after the club period.

I'll keep trying to get the color combinations I like the most, like I do with Weaponeers of Monkaa.

#20 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

Color me disappointed.

Well, color me caucasian!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Color me disappointed. I was initially very sad that this Robo Force reboot was being shoe-horned into Glyos and not its own unique toyline. Now that I see they basically come in prototype colors, and the fact this set doesn't have enough parts to make each individual robot at the same time, I think I'm going to pass on Robo Force. I wasn't looking to play with them. I wanted to display them next to my original figures, but honestly, I think they're ugly toys. They're not mini-figures. They shouldn't be mono in color. These would've looked so much better if the color schemes matched the original robots.

While these may have sold out quickly, I have to assume there are several hardcore Robo Force fans like myself out there that are extremely disappointed. Toyfinity has a real winner with mordles, but I think the ball has been dropped with Robo Force. For me, the negatives severely out-weigh the positives.

Sorry Dr. Kent. I love the mordles line, but I'm not of fan of your vision for these Robo Force figures. Hopefully, future waves will have some color.

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the direction Dr.K chose to go with the RoboForce line.

Shoe-horned might be a little harsh though as the new figs fit in well with the rest of the Glyos family.

I am quite pleased that Dr.K chose to make these a toy rather than a vintage statue, as it sounds like you hoped for.

If these had been the round can with arms that you had wanted, I would have been mighty disappointed.

Dr.K chose to make a toy that appealed to more than the hardcore group of collectors, which by all accounts is tiny and wouldn't have been able to support the line.

From where I stand, I would say that if you want vintage RoboForce then buy the vintage RoboForce.

Edit: It would be wishful thinking to be able to make all the individual robots at the same time from a 15.00 package of toys.

Edited by PimpNugget, 28 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

The impression I had regarding the Robo Force line was that the test shot orange (not actually for sale, mind) and the first release grey were not reflective of all future product colors, with figures being released later in the line that would be in multiple colors and resemble the vintage line more closely. I would have been very concerned about the viability of the Robo Force line and ToyFinity's in general had the Robo Force line been 100% true to the vintage line. There is no way on this planet that a Robo Force line slavish to the original would have made money and it certainly wouldn't have sold out in two minutes the first time it was sold online.

#23 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

I think you guys have misunderstood what I said. I never said I wanted figures exactly like the classic line. However, I don't like the way they were designed to fit in with another toy line, instead of having their own identity. That's the very definition of shoe-horning - retro-fitting something to be compatible with something else that it's nothing like. I never even heard of Glyos until joining here not that long ago. To me it's disappointing they don't have they're own gimmicks, but rather those of another toy line. I wanted Robo Force figures, not Glyos figures that kind of resemble Robo Force.

Also, I meant it's disappointing you can't build a complete Maxx and Hundred from a single set. It appears you would need to buy two sets, which you cannot do right now.

And how do you know a RF line more akin to the originals wouldn't sell? Look at RBT for example. Not many remembered that toy line either, but look how popular exact repros of the mordles are.

Edited by Fuzz, 28 October 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#24 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think you guys have misunderstood what I said. I never said I wanted figures exactly like the classic line. However, I don't like the way they were designed to fit in with another toy line, instead of having their own identity. That's the very definition of shoe-horning - retro-fitting something to be compatible with something else that it's nothing like. I never even heard of Glyos until joining here not that long ago. To me it's disappointing they don't have they're own gimmicks, but rather those of another toy line. I wanted Robo Force figures, not Glyos figures that kind of resemble Robo Force.

Also, I meant it's disappointing you can't build a complete Maxx and Hundred from a single set. It appears you would need to buy two sets, which you cannot do right now.

And how do you know a RF line more akin to the originals wouldn't sell? Look at RBT for example. Not many remembered that toy line either, but look how popular exact repros of the mordles are.

Alien robots have to be shoe-horned to fit with aliens and robots? Say-wha?

I never heard of Robo Force until Dr.K started talking about them.  No gimmicks as far as I can see. The new toys are cool enough on their own. If playability is a gimmick, then sign me up.

Just a little FYI for ya, NONE of the mordle sets have sold through yet. They aren't in the store at the moment but NONE, including the first yellow and blue sets, are sold out yet. How popular are they?

#25 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hey guys.

Here is contained build.

It used all 41 of the available parts.

20131028-222314_zps8e8ef878.jpg