• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#26 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Just a little FYI for ya, NONE of the mordle sets have sold through yet. They aren't in the store at the moment but NONE, including the first yellow and blue sets, are sold out yet. How popular are they?

Come on dude, lets not grasp for straws. Not being sold out in no way means a toy line is selling poorly or isn't popular. In fact, Mordles are apparently selling well enough that Toyfinity was able to permanently drop the price. That right there alone shows how popular the they are.

#27 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

Fun discussion!

Probably the same reason you don't have 500-1000 of the same color and fig in your store.

haha, well i offer all my figures available at anytime, i dont worry about drops. :p

but yeah i understand its all factory made. i just dont understand why they dont do larger drops, especially with how popular they are.

There's no 100% method available to make sure everyone who could potentially want anything will get them. Because some people aren't going to know they want them until they see them.

It would be great to increase the amounts available to avoid sellouts. I would have liked to have a couple hundred more Robo Force kits than I did have. But, that wasn't possible on this release.

The system is completely different when you get to a mass production situation.

But what PimpNugget says here is correct - you can do a made-to-order product when you don't have to make 500 of them. Hell, I see many customizers who can't make 20 of some kit they solicit...

doctorkent post a few days ago on the Glyos forum that this grey could be re-run in the future if it was popular enough. I wouldn't expect a large production run on any first release Glyos figure that isn't by Onell. It's a big risk. There wasn't much talk about the re-boot of Robo Force among collectors until pics of the NYCC figure started popping up. I wasn't familiar with the original line and wasn't expecting to be interested in the new figure until I saw it, and a lot of people on the Glyos forum said the same thing.

I kept Robo Force under the radar. I knew it was coming back, talked about it in a few places, but I didn't want people to have some small picture on the internet in their minds of a prototype that wasn't reflective of the final product. We get that enough with Mattel product.

Yeah I missed out. It sucks but what are ya going to do? I think I will not be getting this line as it's going to be hard to keep up with I fear. I have too much going on to keep up with drop times  nowadays, especially when they sell out in minutes. It's only a toy after all. Wow!? Have I matured or what? Perhaps it's the drugs, haha!

Sorry to hear this! Future releases will be more available.

Color me disappointed. I was initially very sad that this Robo Force reboot was being shoe-horned into Glyos and not its own unique toyline. Now that I see they basically come in prototype colors, and the fact this set doesn't have enough parts to make each individual robot at the same time, I think I'm going to pass on Robo Force. I wasn't looking to play with them. I wanted to display them next to my original figures, but honestly, I think they're ugly toys. They're not mini-figures. They shouldn't be mono in color. These would've looked so much better if the color schemes matched the original robots.

While these may have sold out quickly, I have to assume there are several hardcore Robo Force fans like myself out there that are extremely disappointed. Toyfinity has a real winner with mordles, but I think the ball has been dropped with Robo Force. For me, the negatives severely out-weigh the positives.

Sorry Dr. Kent. I love the mordles line, but I'm not of fan of your vision for these Robo Force figures. Hopefully, future waves will have some color.

Fuzz, I know we've talked about this a bit off boards. But a couple of things:

- eventually, I'm going to do a full post about production timeframes and the complications at every level. Eventually, there will be classic colors versions. And they are going to be more expensive because of paint, parts, and the rest.

- I could easily increase the pieces in the kit so you could get two robots at the same time out of one kit - but do people want the entry level kit to be $20+ bucks?

- as we go, you'll see more paint apps pop up on the figures. There are still comics no one has seen showing the new storyline for the figures. But there are story reasons why they start with mono colors.

- the reason there aren't dozens of US-based groups making mass production indie toys is because the costs are crazy. It would probably cost me more to make one single plastic figure than to make the Glyos figures.

- future colors will be run in higher numbers.

The impression I had regarding the Robo Force line was that the test shot orange (not actually for sale, mind) and the first release grey were not reflective of all future product colors, with figures being released later in the line that would be in multiple colors and resemble the vintage line more closely. I would have been very concerned about the viability of the Robo Force line and ToyFinity's in general had the Robo Force line been 100% true to the vintage line. There is no way on this planet that a Robo Force line slavish to the original would have made money and it certainly wouldn't have sold out in two minutes the first time it was sold online.

This was a fact I had to face when I picked up this license - the original line was a failure. As was Rocks and Bugs and Things. Manglors was the most successful of the trio, believe it or not.

It needed some updating. If things run long enough, you'll see an update to the suction cup. Not in functionality, but in looks.

I think you guys have misunderstood what I said. I never said I wanted figures exactly like the classic line. However, I don't like the way they were designed to fit in with another toy line, instead of having their own identity. That's the very definition of shoe-horning - retro-fitting something to be compatible with something else that it's nothing like. I never even heard of Glyos until joining here not that long ago. To me it's disappointing they don't have they're own gimmicks, but rather those of another toy line. I wanted Robo Force figures, not Glyos figures that kind of resemble Robo Force.

Also, I meant it's disappointing you can't build a complete Maxx and Hundred from a single set. It appears you would need to buy two sets, which you cannot do right now.

And how do you know a RF line more akin to the originals wouldn't sell? Look at RBT for example. Not many remembered that toy line either, but look how popular exact repros of the mordles are.

We'll find out the answer to your last question when I make vinyls in the same scale and design as the original RF. I hope people want them!

As far as the identity being too close to Glyos, I suppose it depends on how you see something like Lego. Lego can be anything. I see Glyos in that manner.

John K.

DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#28 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Eventually, there will be classic colors versions. And they are going to be more expensive because of paint, parts, and the rest.

as we go, you'll see more paint apps pop up on the figures. There are still comics no one has seen showing the new storyline for the figures. But there are story reasons why they start with mono colors.

Getting them closer to the originals color-wise, would make a huge difference for me. As I said, I'm not looking to play with them, I want to display them next to my originals. To me, the mono color scheme is not very attractive for that.

- I could easily increase the pieces in the kit so you could get two robots at the same time out of one kit - but do people want the entry level kit to be $20+ bucks?

At this point, you technically need to spend $30 to get a complete Maxx and Hun-dred, so $20-$25 is still a deal.

We'll find out the answer to your last question when I make vinyls in the same scale and design as the original RF. I hope people want them!

Those, I absolutely cannot wait for!

As far as the identity being too close to Glyos, I suppose it depends on how you see something like Lego. Lego can be anything. I see Glyos in that manner.

To each their own, but not everybody likes legos. ;)

#29 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Builders might want that to get more pieces, but I would have to really love a color/paint combination to want two robots on display at the same time in the same color. I display multiple travelers in the same color, but a Robo Force build takes up about the same amout of space as 3 or 4 travelers.

I'm guessing we will see releases where we get something like Maxx and Hun-Dred in different colors that are specific to those characters, similar to Weaponeers. I can turn Bloodlust Umbreus into 4 other characters, but the color is specific to Umbreus and the figure came built as Umbreus. 

Hard to believe Manglors was the most successful of those 3 lines. Did you ever look into the license for ManTech by Remco? I'd like to see updated, Glyos compatible versions of DoomTech, TerrorTech, and NegaTech.

#30 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I actually like these quite a bit, unfortunately I showed up five minutes after the drop and missed out. I take it this is how the Glyos drops used to be? I will definitely pick one up in the future though, as I think there are a lot of cool possibilities by mixing the two lines together.

#31 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

A few epic builds on this page:
http://www.octoberto...12031&start=180

Here are a couple highlights.

20131028-222333.jpg

576d9140-90d6-416d-b7c4-23fec5704b98_zps

#32 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

The vehicle looks really cool. The guys that bought warm grey build pieces from the Reydurran drop will get a lot of use out of them with the Robo Force figure.

#33 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

My tracking shows delivery for Thursday!

Stoked up to get these things in hand.

I would love to see these kits produced in black, yellow, red and blue.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#34 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Lucky bastard! Throw some pics up when you're done playing. I'll definitely be on time for the next drop. These things look like a hell of a lot of fun!

#35 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

PhotoGrid_1383276976822_zpsb346af4b.jpg

#36 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

That Wall-E build is pretty sweet.

I stole the build that Vangelus did using all the parts, with a couple slight variations.

It is one HUGE build.

I wish I was creative enough to think of my own.

20131028-222314_zps8e8ef878.jpg

#37 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

The new color for Robo Force December release is metallic red.
No sale date has been given yet
But I'll post it as soon as I know when it is.

#38 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

Awesome! I'll definitely be on board for this drop. Got a decent amount of red figs from the glyos drop last night so these should be fun to mess around with.

#39 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

New Robo Force figs are being released on

FRIDAY DEC 20.

I haven't seen a time yet but I'm guessing that it'll be in the evening.

Looks like blue is a confirmed color and there are rumors of another.

http://toyfinity.blogspot.com/

#40 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Here is a sneak of the dark blue Enemy on the Toyfinity blog. Metallic red Hun-Dred will be the other figure.

ENEMEY+HEAD.png

#41 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Can't wait for these colors! Are there going to be more available this time around?

#42 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Preview of Hun-Dred looks awesome.

HUNDRED+face+sneak+peek.png

#43 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I'm so happy the colors coincide with the recent glyos drop. There was some amazing stuff in there and I bought a lot of extras to build with.
It should be a lot of fun to play around with all this stuff once it arrives.

#44 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

The Robo Force is available but they are selling fast!

http://www.toyfinity.com/store.php

#45 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

I caved and bought one of each. I still don't like the glyos style, but the colors look great. I wish there was a way to get a grey set so I could use the head, shoulders, and claws for Hun-Dred.

#46 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Man those really do look nice, but I really can't afford to start collecting another line. I was however thrilled to see that they put up the 'select-a-Mordle' feature they had been talking about. This might not be new but it was new to me. So, I caved and bought one of each of the colorways I was missing. 

Edited by bachamn, 20 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#47 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Got my order today. They're pretty cool, but I do have a couple of complaints. First, they smell horrible. It's the same smell that OMFG series 2 have. Second, some of the pieces are damn hard to plug in! Other than that, I like 'em. I'm officially changing my stance.

#48 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Let the eBay raping begin! $68 + shipping

http://item.mobilewe...Id=271360373891

http://item.mobilewe...Id=301056877426

#49 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

That guy is a notorious Glyos scalper.

BTW: I love the smell of Glyos PVC. I have 200 plus figs in my man cave. When I open the door I get a blast of the smell.

Edited by PimpNugget, 31 December 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#50 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Let the eBay raping begin! $68 + shipping

http://item.mobilewe...Id=271360373891

http://item.mobilewe...Id=301056877426

I hate to see this crap, but it's to be expected. Still not as bad as the asshat selling the latest Armorvor for $150...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com