iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

That guy is a notorious Glyos scalper.

I like how his prices end in $0.88.

Edited by iwao, 01 January 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#52 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Really late to the party, but I have to say the Robo Force guys look sweet! I've got a set of Mordles & a Manglors egg but I have a question about RF - are they cast in the usual Glyos PVC? I saw a post on CollectionDX that said they were made of plastic.

#53 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

They feel the same to me.

#54 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Really late to the party, but I have to say the Robo Force guys look sweet! I've got a set of Mordles & a Manglors egg but I have a question about RF - are they cast in the usual Glyos PVC? I saw a post on CollectionDX that said they were made of plastic.

Same PVC.
Made at the same factory as Onell.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#55 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

Cheers guys - I will definitely be picking up at least one during the next drop then... if I can get ahold of them!

#56 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Cheers guys - I will definitely be picking up at least one during the next drop then... if I can get ahold of them!

As long as you order reasonably close to the drop time you should be fine. They upped the quantity to help meet the demand and the last round of figures stuck around for a decent amount of time.

#57 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Check out this link http://news.toyark.c...les-njcc-120738 for some cool pics of glow Wrecker and ultra silver Sentinel and the new gray Mordles.

#58 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

The Wrecker is a must own for me.

#59 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

It's a little disappointing Sentinel and Wrecker don't at least have brand new head designs. Simply turning a previous character's head around and calling it a new character is probably going to get old fast with collectors. Sentinel looks sort of like the original, but Wrecker really doesn't look anything like his original design. His big round eyes should've been incorporated. I'm hoping that's not actually Wrecker, but just a random figure put together to show off GITD parts.

I wasn't a fan of the new robo force in the beginning, but then they kind of grew on me. However, if Toyfinity is gonna start going cheap like that for the rest of the characters, my stance may change once again.

Edited by Fuzz, 10 March 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#60 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

It's a little disappointing Sentinel and Wrecker don't at least have brand new head designs. Simply turning a previous character's head around and calling it a new character is probably going to get old fast with collectors. Sentinel looks sort of like the original, but Wrecker really doesn't look anything like his original design. His big round eyes should've been incorporated. I'm hoping that's not actually Wrecker, but just a random figure put together to show off GITD parts.

I wasn't a fan of the new robo force in the beginning, but then they kind of grew on me. However, if Toyfinity is gonna start going cheap like that for the rest of the characters, my stance may change once again.

You must not be familiar with glyos collectors.
Color variations are something they like.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#61 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

doctorkent mentioned that there won't be new parts this year. Maybe next year. Getting all those parts made had to be expensive and only 3 figures have been released so far. The line needs to make some money before having new parts made.

I can understand someone that was into the original line and not interested in Glyos just wanting to get the different characters in the classic colors. You might be waiting awhile for what you are hoping to see.

I don't think Glyos collectors will get bored with it. Most will see Sentinel as a new pile of ultra silver parts to mix with the ultra silver Kabuto Mushi and Onell stuff. I think most people buying this line aren't comparing it to the original line at all.

#62 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

You both make some good points, however, I still feel that Robo Force fans deserve the primary focus with this line. It's great that it's compatible with glyos, but like me, there are probably a lot of folks who are not fans of glyos, yet are buying these because it's Robo Force. I think it does a real disservice to the RF fans by simply turning the head around and calling it another character. I'll admit, with Enemy and Sentinel it works because at least both sides of the head resemble the characters, but for Wrecker, it doesn't resemble him at all. Say you were a He-Man or G.I. Joe fan, etc. Wouldn't you be a little upset if the makers of said toy line simply re-packaged an existing character with one minor change and claimed it to be a another character, even though it looked nothing like that character?

This is why I was a little uneasy at first with Robo Force being part of glyos. I felt it should've had its own identity and not be part of another toy line. Now it feels like it's becoming a little bit too much like glyos. New releases are coinciding with glyos color releases, and now a simple twist of a head qualifies as a new character. I understand tooling new parts is a lengthy and costly process, but each character should at least have their own head.

As fellow collectors, I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. When you collect something, it's because you love it. You want it to be awesome, but when something is done a little on the cheap side just to get another figure out, it makes the disappointment that much more painful. To me, it seems like Toyfinity just wanted to get a GITD figure out because it's popular, but didn't want to make it a simple color variation of an existing character, so they're calling it Wrecker.

Disappointment aside, I'm still going to buy the figure because I think it looks awesome. I'm just not going to consider it as Wrecker. Maybe down the road, we will get some different head pieces that will better represent some of the other characters.

Edited by Fuzz, 11 March 2014 - 05:11 AM.

#63 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

I understand where you're coming from. You mentioned the original Wrecker's big round eyes. Maybe the piece that goes underneath the Hun-Dred/Wrecker head that has big round eyes is meant to be spun around too for Wrecker, but it just wasn't for that display. Probably still not what you're looking for, but it would give him a different look.

It would be great if some more unique heads are created and sold as a pack of heads in some of the more popular colors whenever they are available.

I'm in for Wrecker because I like glow Glyos stuff and it looks like he comes with enough extra parts to make the standard build of any character. The silver color is cool, but I'm passing on it for everything other than the Armorvor. This would be an expensive release for me if Sentinel was in Hades Force colors. Hopefully that comes up later this year.

#64 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

You know, if you take the shoulders from the GITD weaponeer figure (pictured below) and use those as hands, you can kind of make a pretty decent looking Cruel the Detonator with the other side of the Hun-Dred head.

Attached File  DSC3479.jpg   71.74K   39 downloads Attached File  Cruel-2.JPG   35.26K   30 downloads

I wonder if Wrecker was originally supposed to be Cruel. This is from the Toyfinity blog:

http://toyfinity.blo...e-big-ship.html

Coming in 2014! The new Vulgar and Cruel!

http://toyfinity.blo.../thank-you.html

Above, see Maxx-X protecting some Zibits from another robotic entity you'll meet in 2014.

You could say he's a master of cruelty...and he's bigger than ever.

The head does look more like Cruel than Wrecker, and he is way bigger than the other waves.

Edited by Fuzz, 11 March 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#65 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Interesting discussion!

Sentinel and Enemy were designed to be there from day one. Those heads are directly inspired by the originals, and it wasn't until Matt pointed out the geometry of the heads to me that I saw that they could indeed be put on the same piece.

Wrecker is a little different. You can see from the official comic that there is a depiction of classic Wrecker - or, at least, a Demolisher class robot. So why does this Wrecker have a different head? You're going to have to wait until some of the new comics come out for that answer. There's something horrible happening on planet Zeton - I think that is clear from the comics as they stand right now. The reasons why THE Wrecker is stuck in illumination mode and has a completely different face are part of that story...

Eventually, Wrecker is going to want his old face back, and that is an odyssey you'll see play out over the next few years of adventures.

Cruel will indeed use the same face - again, for reasons you will see as we go. I can tell you that at least one other character uses the same head, and there are a series of troops which use that same head.

We've put a lot of thought into this, and you won't see Coptor using this face, or Ripper. Vulgar has an entirely different head contructed out of...well, you'll see later this year. Gotta save some surprises!

John K.

DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#66 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Dammit Doc! You gotta get those comics out quicker so us Robo Force fans aren't so damn confused! :p

#67 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Wrecker-Promo-Inks.jpg

#68 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

My order went out for delivery this morning. Can't wait to get home and check these guys out.

#69 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

So I got the latest drop and decided to rework the colors a little bit to get a closer look to the originals.  I may have to buy another silver and black set to get exactly what I'm looking for, though.

Here's Maxx and Sentinel. If I buy another black set, I can make Maxx's arms black like the original.  And since the original Sentinel had alot of yellow, I decided to use the new yellow set for him. I think he looks awesome!

Attached File  roboforce_1.jpg   546.78K   18 downloads

Here's the new character Vanquard, along with a more color accurate Hun-Dred inspired by Matt Doughty from Onell.

Attached File  roboforce_2.jpg   555.89K   28 downloads

Here's my version of Enemy. If I buy another silver set, I can make his shoulders silver to make him more accurate to the original. The character on the right is my version of Blazer. I'm still not completely happy with him yet. I think another silver set might help me realize my vision for him.

Attached File  roboforce_3.jpg   474.17K   25 downloads

#70 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

Nice mash-ups there, Fuzz. I'm looking forward to the classic color releases. Hoping for October/NYCC.

#71 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

Nice mash-ups there, Fuzz. I'm looking forward to the classic color releases. Hoping for October/NYCC.

There are definitely more colorways I hope get released (white), but honestly I'm hoping for some new heads even more. I think the current ones available have been taken as far as they can go. A weapon pack would be cool, too!

Edited by Fuzz, 24 July 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#72 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Behold! Tiltor!

Attached Files

Edited by Fuzz, 25 July 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#73 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Check this out:

14746221375_fbd0ecef5e_c.jpg

http://www.octoberto...=303945#p303937

E P I C !

#74 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

Wow! Now that is awesome!

#75 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Updated Blazer to look more like original. Added water tanks on his back.

Updated Tiltor. My first version extended too much. Now he just tilts. Used the Maxx head piece as a stopper so he doesn't tilt too far.

Updated Enemy. New shoulders. Tried to duplicate his front canons.

Attached Files

Edited by Fuzz, 28 July 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com