ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

Nice builds fuzz. Would be very cool to see a custom of this guy :)

#77 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Just getting into Glyos compatible figures got my first Roboforce figure the other day, I threw some axis joints on mine, getting a Robot Jox vibe, love this figure.

5ygocm.jpg

vreqm0.jpg

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#78 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

Siccx,

Long time no see bro!

Nice build! Looks like something out of Mech Warrior.

#79 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

Thanks!  I'm gonna end up getting another one so I can armor him out and give him four legs, going for the Alexander from Robot Jox kinda look.   Been awhile since I've been here, place looks all fancy and different.

robotjox1.jpg

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#80 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

Thanks!  I'm gonna end up getting another one so I can armor him out and give him four legs, going for the Alexander from Robot Jox kinda look.

Cool. I thought I was the only one interested in multiple leg designs.

Here's a centaur-like drone I've been working on (along with Cruel).

roboforce_cruel_centaur.jpg

#81 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

That looks great, on the centaur what part did you use to connect the two hip joints?

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#82 Fuzz

Fuzz

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting obscure toy lines from the 80s, as well as some of the newer stuff like NECA's Predator line.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

That looks great, on the centaur what part did you use to connect the two hip joints?

Here's a couple pics. Maxx's eyes on the front hips are supposed to be small, hidden canons.

Attached File  image.jpg   82.55K   12 downloads Attached File  image.jpg   80.3K   13 downloads

#83 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

I'm gonna be supporting RoboForce as soon as I can afford to. That Hun Dred sculpt is an improvement on the original (as is Maxx Steele's swivel eyes). I hope as the line develops we get the original hand/claw designs.

Can't wait for the classic look suction bases and colors! And hope more of the original action features start to crop up!

Also, I know you can't call him Maxx Steele anymore due to Mattel stealing the name, but I can, and will!

Edited by Krangala, 27 August 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#84 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

And here he is now with four legs and a few more touch ups.

vh71v8.jpg

m9un2w.jpg

167jvcw.jpg

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#85 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

That looks sick~! Very Robot Jox~!

#86 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

Come on dude, lets not grasp for straws. Not being sold out in no way means a toy line is selling poorly or isn't popular. In fact, Mordles are apparently selling well enough that Toyfinity was able to permanently drop the price. That right there alone shows how popular the they are.

Multiple Mordle colorways HAVE sold out. The Underworld edition is gone for good. As are most of the Big Mordles (EGD, and Geihoza for sure).

The Crawler Edition is close to selling out too. I doubt the Geists will last long, GITD is super popular.

#87 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

To each their own, but not everybody likes legos. ;)

You point out one filthy commie who doesn't like Legos, and I'll pay Stelio Kontos to break his legs.

#88 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

doctorkent mentioned that there won't be new parts this year. Maybe next year. Getting all those parts made had to be expensive and only 3 figures have been released so far. The line needs to make some money before having new parts made.

I can understand someone that was into the original line and not interested in Glyos just wanting to get the different characters in the classic colors. You might be waiting awhile for what you are hoping to see.

I don't think Glyos collectors will get bored with it. Most will see Sentinel as a new pile of ultra silver parts to mix with the ultra silver Kabuto Mushi and Onell stuff. I think most people buying this line aren't comparing it to the original line at all.

I don't mind it as much as I did initially, but I do like the concept of Battlestar as a Minion of Hun-Dred forged in his image. If all the alt colorways are minions and/or upgrades of the original, I can buy that explanation. But Wrecker should have had a paint op or something simulating his round eyes. There is nothing in that figure even remotely evocative of the original design.

#89 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Say you were a He-Man fan. Wouldn't you be a little upset if the makers of said toy line simply re-packaged an existing character with one minor change and claimed it to be a another character, even though it looked nothing like that character?

He-Man --> Faker
Mer-Man --> Stinkor
Beast Man --> Moss Man

;)

(Yes, I know your point was about characters whose looks had been pre-established, I'm just having a bit of fun!)

#90 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

I've given myself a case of "Glyos Fingers" reconfiguring my Battlestar.

I really like the Sentinel build. He's definitely on my short list to buy.

Edited by Krangala, 08 September 2014 - 11:04 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com