• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hey everyone,

I didn't notice anyone talking about the Kabuto Mushi MkII drop tomorrow night. It's a pretty sweet figure that is obviously fully compatible with Matt's (Onell's) Glyos system. To me, it's a nice counter point to the Armorvors. The armorvors are more technological, with sharper angles and more more of a futuristic armor look to them. Makes me think animals in almost Halo/Warhammer Space Marine style armor. These Kabuto Mushi feel like a good foil to that. They have more of an organic, rounded feel to their armor, which matches the bug like nature of these guys really well. Amongst my glyos storyline, I have been really wanting a nemisis force to challenge my armorvors, and I think these guys are it. There's also some crazy builds that you can do with these guys. The first drop has four colorways, including a clear figure. My favorite of the colorways is a direct match to the Gendrone metallic/pearlescent red that they just did for both the Onell/Glyos stuff, as well as the newest Robo Force drop. Anyways, for those of you here on this board that are interested in the Glyos stuff, check it out.

The drop is Friday, January 3rd, 9 pm EST/ 8 pm CST.

http://thegodbeast.b...ushi-swarm.html

DSCN4389.JPG

DSCN4423.JPG

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

I honestly think I like the custom builds more than the standard build on these. They do look like they'd make worthy adversaries for the Armorvors though ;)

So here's a question I've been wondering for a while now; does anyone know what the 'MKII' in the name is supposed to denote? I've seen that on specific versions of the Onell figures as well, but always assumed it was just part of the naming convention that Matt had come up with but now I'm assuming it has some meaning regarding the color, production, or something else. Can anyone shed some light on this?

#3 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

mkII

refers to my understanding as the 2nd version, mkIII the third.

so here mkII refers to this big hunka lovin  and the mkI  is the skinnier version 2 yrs ago that was cast only in resin

when matt does for example the clear armorvor mkI  mkII  and mkIII  each is just a different run of the same figure but will vary slightly due to producion anomalies.....i could be 100%   but this is how i think it means

infection.jpg

Edited by ersico, 02 January 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

That makes sense; I suspected it might have something to do with version (first noticed it on the MKII re-release version of the orange/peach crayboth from earlier last year) but it didn't make sense to me on this one since I thought this was the first version of this figure. Thanks for the info :)

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

It's a very cool figure, I'll be picking up a few at least.

#6 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Erisco is compelty correct on that one. Here's my Kabuto Mushi MKII in resin from a few years ago:

IMG_0246_zpsddbd9413.jpg

I actually just realized that my original MKII KM will actually match really really nicely with the two new metallic green and brown colorways in the new drop.

And I agree with you Bachamn, I actually like the alternate builds more than the standard build. Which is the complete opposite of the armorvors coincidentaly. For the armorvors, the other builds are nice, but they don't beat the standard build in my eyes.

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

These are my two favorite builds with the KM MKIII

DSCN4152.JPG

DSCN4143.JPG

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

I'll be picking up at least one of each. I like the more insect like builds as well.

#9 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

My plan is 3 clear, 2 standard, 1 reverse, 1 red, 1 mixed color pack of minis. A clear and a swapped all green will go to my kids.

I like the standard build the most, but the others do look very cool. 

#10 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

My plan is 3 clear, 2 standard, 1 reverse, 1 red, 1 mixed color pack of minis. A clear and a swapped all green will go to my kids.

I like the standard build the most, but the others do look very cool. 

Don't forget atleast 1 pair of wings :p

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#11 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

I'm for sure getting in on this. As cool as the figures look, I'm honestly more excited about working the individual pieces into some builds with other toys in the glyos universe. All I need to do is make time to build!
Hopefully everyone that wants them has the chance to grab some!

#12 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

TGB has said that he ordered many more than the minimum from the factory.

He wanted to be sure that as many people as possible could get a few.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#13 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

In and out with the quickness...couldn't have been any smoother!  Glad to hear a ton were ordered.  It always sucks when people can't get their hands on something!

I'm assuming the wings sold out pretty quickly, since it says 'Dormant' below the pic.  Did TGB have to make those himself, making the available quantity lower?  

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

I ordered 2 of each, plus two packs of the minis.

Yes, the wings are hand cast, not production pieces.

#15 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I'm assuming the wings sold out pretty quickly, since it says 'Dormant' below the pic.  Did TGB have to make those himself, making the available quantity lower?  

Yeah, also the reason the price is higher than the figures. I'm surprised the reverse is the first KM to sellout. I'm guessing the production number was the same as the standard.

#16 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Wow!

Shipping notices already.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#17 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Wow!

Shipping notices already.

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm certainly not complaining. The fact that they were able to ship orders out today is pretty damn amazing! Just knowing that I'll likely have the figures in hand within a week of the sale is enough for me. I was really impressed with every aspect of this drop and look forward to what TGB has in store for future drops.

#18 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm certainly not complaining. The fact that they were able to ship orders out today is pretty damn amazing! Just knowing that I'll likely have the figures in hand within a week of the sale is enough for me. I was really impressed with every aspect of this drop and look forward to what TGB has in store for future drops.

As of a few mins ago Marty is still shipping, so sooner or later you will see your notice. He really wanted to get everything shipped before Monday and he is just about there :)

I am glad you guys had a easy time, I redesigned his site and built his store and we tested it almost everyday and tried to get it as streamlined as we could before last night. All that time seems to have paid off.

Edited by markatisu, 04 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#19 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Awesome job guys! I am so thrilled that the KM figures were such as success. Congratulations. Excited to see what other colorways Marty comes up for these.

#20 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Got mine today, wow the minis are tiny!

Attached File  20140108_113808-1.jpg   52.92K   23 downloads

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

My wife (who is not a toy collector at all) swiped one of my clear mini-mushis from me. Luckily I got two sets, ha ha.

These things are great.

#22 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

I actually bought a red set.

#23 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Isn't MKII just an abbreviation of Mushi Kabuto 2? And whats the deal with MKIII, are they available?

I was lucky enough to grab 2 red, 2 clear, 2 pearl.green, 2 pearl.red & 2 packs of mixed mini mushi! Shame A missed he wings, they look awesome. :)

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

MKII means Mark 2, or the second iteration of the figure. MK1 was the first version a long time ago, I believe.

#25 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

IMG_20140108_113454_zpsdjeffofu.jpg
1005390_10151813337476954_2082274361_n_z
1512693_10151813338016954_992205641_n_zp

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com