#1 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Toys! Of course!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:44 AM

Hey guys, I looked around a little in the other toy lines section and didn't see anything about these so I figured I'd bring it up. If this is a repeat and you already know, please forgive me.

Have you seen the Onell Design line of Glyos System mini figs? They are super cool, super articulated mini figs. The figures are kind of space alien themed figures. They come in all sorts of colors, all the parts are interchangeable, and just really fun to play with. Here's a link to the webpage: Onell Design and the blog with a massive amount of pics of them: http://onelldesign.blogspot.com/

Here's a pic of the newest colors they released at San Diego Comic Con:
Posted Image

Do yourself a favor and check them out. I've bought a bunch so far and plan to get more. They are also making a huge robot companion right now whose parts will work with these guys too! It's an awesome system of toys, well worth your time.

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:06 AM

Pretty cool! Do they have elbow and knee articulation?

#3 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

I was sure that I had already seen this toys somewhere here and I was right !

Great BB customs topic

Sylvain

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:30 AM

Matt Doughty is a VERY kewl guy and talented artist. I met him personally @ SD CC 2006.

He gave me these art books of his when I met him: Rechlen and Aves Visual Guide, Rechlen and Aves 2006, Microshow Forever Edition 2004 and Gear's Edge 2006.
All 4 books are EXCELLENT and the characters/figures in them are incredible.
He tried to give me some of his figures @ SD CC 2006, but, they were selling so good for him I didn't want to have him loose out on $ he was making to pay for his trip/booth.

He is a ULTRA SUPER FRIENDLY person and I consider him my friend (even though I haven't spoken to him for about 2 years).

Thanks for posting his work for everyone here to see again.

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 15 April 2009 - 11:19 AM.

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

I thought I recognized those things. They are pretty rad. You ought to have him swing by the board again Marty, so he can officially pimp his product. ;)

Posted Image

#6 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

Pretty cool! Do they have elbow and knee articulation?

They are seperated at the knee for adding or customizing with other parts, but it does not bend there. All of the articulation points are done with mushroom joint fits so everything is interchangeable.

Matt Doughty is a VERY kewl guy and talented artist. I met him personally @ SD CC 2006. He gave me these art books of his when I met him: Rechlen and Aves Visual Guide, Rechlen and Aves 2006, Microshow Forever Edition 2004 and Gear's Edge 2006. All 4 books are EXCELLENT and the characters/figures in them are incredible. He tried to give me some of his figures @ SD CC 2006, but, they were selling so good for him I didn't want to have him loose out on $ he was making to pay for his trip/booth.

He is a ULTRA SUPER FRIENDLY person and I consider him my friend (even though I haven't spoken to him for about 2 years).

Thanks for posting his work for everyone here to see again.

TGB

Yes That sounds like the Matt I know! He is a great guy and has a great line of toys here. Fits right in with the "mini" lines we all love!

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I have honestly never seen or noticed these guys before... I'm so glad that you've shared them, but my wallet is not quite so thrilled!

#8 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

I have honestly never seen or noticed these guys before... I'm so glad that you've shared them, but my wallet is not quite so thrilled!

He has had advertisements in Lee's Toy Review for the last 8 months or so.

If his prices have not changed much, they are worth every penny.

He has these special joints that him and a friend designed. He even has a special tool he created to tool them in...at least that was when he was manufacturing them himself. He might actually be having them produced by a plastics company by the sounds of his site.

TGB

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

He has had advertisements in Lee's Toy Review for the last 8 months or so.

No help there, I haven't seen a Lee's for the longest time and I don't subscribe either, but that's not important. What IS important is that I know now, and my brother's even placed an order for both of us. Wuvs me some of those Crayboths!

#10 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:04 AM

Yeah, the Crayboths rule! And you get two per pack!

These figures are produced now, and the details and plastic are great. The pieces are fun to take apart and mix and match, or just play with it as is. I'm glad you know about them now, you will love them!

#11 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

I have received my first figures some days ago. They are very impressive. I now just want more to be able to build big monsters like shown in the blog.

I received some Beantowns too as gift and my girl really like them. So now I have to bought some when I will order more of the Glyos figures.

For those of you who didn't checked the blog recently there is a new figure sculpt avalaible : Sartvos. It seems that more will be avalaible too sooner. Which means that I will have to buy more before christmas if I don't want my childrens to hate me for the years to come :D

[EDIT] Pic of the 3 sculpts
http://img387.images...p1160639fp4.jpg

Edited by lord, 27 October 2008 - 09:58 PM.

#12 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:28 AM

The "extra treats" stuff is starting to drive me nuts. I can't find squat.

But that aside, the Sarvos looks awesome. I think I'll have to have it.

#13 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:34 AM

Wow.. I don't know how I missed this thread months ago, but I think I have to have some of these guys! The sarvos are all awesome, but I think I'll get some crayboth first.. for some reason I always gravitate towards the smaller toy lines :p

#14 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

They are fantastic figures. I have been putting together customs for months - check em out:
http://s43.photobuck...ctorKent/Glyos/
http://s43.photobuck.....Scar Pheyden/
http://s43.photobuck...Kent/Gladiator/

John K.
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#15 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

Ive seen these many times before and they are beautiful (literally) figures that are unique and original. When i think of an original anime inspired character design or a character that looks as though it may have come from a video game this figure comes to mind pretty often.

The fact that he added additional joints is pure nerd joy.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#16 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

Well, I just ordered a set of Crayboth! He lowered the prices (on Crayboth only) from 8 to 6 dollars. I can't wait for these to arrive!

#17 Eilonwe

Eilonwe

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

I received my two Pheydens and an Exellis last week. Awesome, awesome figures. And Matt threw in a free Crayboth! Definitely going to be buying more eventually.

#18 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for introducing me to these, they are awesome! I just purchased all 5 Crayboth sets, and can't wait to recieve them!

It's a shame that some of the other figures are allready out of production, how am I going to complete the set?!

It's allways exciting when you start a new collection :D

Nocturin
Posted Image

#19 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

Holy crap! My toys just arrived, and I was shocked to see what I got! First off, I noticed he'd been charged a lot more for shipping than I was charged, which made me want to donate the balance to his paypal account. Then I opened the box and discovered two free figures! I ordered just two Crayboth, and I got a free GITD Crayboth, and a free Exellis! What generosity!! Matt has earned a loyal customer for life. LRG'rs reading this, I urge you to order stuff from him; you won't be disappointed!!

#20 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

The "extra treats" stuff is starting to drive me nuts. I can't find squat.

But that aside, the Sarvos looks awesome. I think I'll have to have it.

The only way I've been able to find it is to go to the blog and click on the warp zone link on the right side - when it says "warp zone active", that is.

#21 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

The only way I've been able to find it is to go to the blog and click on the warp zone link on the right side - when it says "warp zone active", that is.

I saw that, but the blog seemed to suggest that there was something else in addition to that. If it was nothing aside from the Warp Zone, sucks I didn't order when I had the chance.

#22 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

I saw that, but the blog seemed to suggest that there was something else in addition to that. If it was nothing aside from the Warp Zone, sucks I didn't order when I had the chance.

Ah, sorry. If my order is in any way typical of what he sends out, maybe the "extra treats" is all the extras he throws in.. after all, I got four figs when I only paid for two!

#23 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

I will say this...

I have met about 15-18 members from this site in person. Several on my 2 most recent trips to northern and southern CA, VA, IL, WI, KS, etc...

Matt contacted me months before SD CC 2006. We spoke on the phone several times and I sought him out @ his booth. He introduced me to his partner (which worked for Parker Bros. for years). He showed me his early concept figures that they produced on their own. His articulation parts are just plain INCREDIBLE!!! Him and his partner were some of the BEST people I have met! I mean that! Matt himself is extremely generous, friendly and creative! :D

I need to call him soon and get the scoop on whats goin' on w/ his toyline.

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 17 November 2008 - 08:24 PM.

#24 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Onell designs has put a new product on the site - sort of. They're selling "grab bags" of mismatched parts for cheap, to facilitate your army-building fantasies! Check out the Junk Shop. They won't all be forearms or pelvises either; you're guaranteed to get whole figures, just not all in the same colours. I'm definitely going to be placing another order to Matt soon, and I think I'll be getting some extra parts.. sounds too good to pass up!

#25 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

With the reactivation of the Warp Zone, Crayboth reduced prices, and the Junk Shop, I couldn't help but place an order of my own! They'll go nicely with the Crayboths I already have.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com