445 replies to this topic

#401 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

That would likely end in a cease and desist pretty quickly.

I was curious about this, when he stated that the sculptor was paying to copyright the figures, since they are from his design company.
I am unclear how this works.
Can you copyright figures that are pretty much direct copies of already pre-existing card art?
I assumed MEG owns the copyright of the original images.

#402 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

How much would shipping be? 

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#403 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Not rubber :-(

Edited by 80schild, 28 June 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#404 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

Why is there only pictures of 4 monsters? The set is supposed to be 16.

Considering this guy has taken FIVE YEARS so far, and is asking for $1000 per set, I don't think seeing pictures of ALL the monsters is too much to ask...

EDIT: my mistake, it seems only 4 monsters are ready at the moment.

Edited by theassassin, 03 July 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#405 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

Hey guys,
In these days me and the artist discussed very much trying to find a solution to make them in soft rubber as genuine MIMPs were made of and to start with a mass production.
Mass production through a chinese factory as OT produced their OMFG! for example is prohibitive because of the too high minimum number of pieces they set us to start with casting of figures with injection molds.
You have to consider that at the end we talking about 16 figures..
They asked us something like 5000 pieces each sculpt for a very expensive cost.
I already invested a good amount of money (and time) to engage and involve the artist/sculptor in the project and to make it become a success for everyone that want to enjoy the Missing MIMPs.
We still moving around to find the best solution for you and us.
I'll keep you informed with new updates in next days.

#406 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:39 AM

I may be in the minority, but I actually prefer that these will be hard plastic. Hard plastic doesn't look any different on display but are less likely to get damaged or deteriorate over time than soft plastic or rubber.

EDIT: actually scratch that, as Fede pointed out to me in a private discussion, with such small details they would be more likely to break if they are hard plastic. So yeh soft plastic or rubber would be the best way like the original MIMPs.

Edited by theassassin, 03 July 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#407 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:21 AM

I may be in the minority, but I actually prefer that these will be hard plastic. Hard plastic doesn't look any different on display but are less likely to get damaged or deteriorate over time than soft plastic or rubber.

EDIT: actually scratch that, as Fede pointed out to me in a private discussion, with such small details they would be more likely to break if they are hard plastic. So yeh soft plastic or rubber would be the best way like the original MIMPs.

Was wondering when there'd be an update on this project. Five years already?? Wow, the fruits of the sculptor's labour have been well overdue. Even though there's only four figures fully complete, they do look pretty awesome I must say.

Although I have to agree with everyone else here, they'd be far better in rubber to be "in-keeping" with the originals so to speak. Another thing I noticed is that the colour green is also the wrong shade. What I'm seeing looks a lot like Series 2 green. It should have been in light olive like the Nabisco Shreddies releases (or Big-Boy apple green depending on one's preferences of course).

The other colours are spot on though. Did you ever think of making them in Tyrian Purple and Marigold Yellow too Fede?

#408 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:34 AM

Although I have to agree with everyone else here, they'd be far better in rubber to be "in-keeping" with the originals so to speak. Another thing I noticed is that the colour green is also the wrong shade. What I'm seeing looks a lot like Series 2 green. It should have been in light olive like the Nabisco Shreddies releases (or Big-Boy apple green depending on one's preferences of course).

The other colours are spot on though. Did you ever think of making them in Tyrian Purple and Marigold Yellow too Fede?

I think Fede somewhere said that he chose to go with that green because he found it more appealing than the lighter green. Even though I agree that the Series 2 green is a more appealing color, I'd also prefer to see the lighter green used so that these figures match the actual produced Series 3 figures.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#409 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:06 AM

Pre-orders are officially opened and we have the golden figures and resin black bases ready to be sold! The #1 and #2 of 25 are already sold.
Don't loose time and grab your own set before it's too late.
First come first served.
The price is 60$ for each figure so 240$ (shipping not included) and you take these first 4 L.O.S.T. Monsters casted in metallic gold impregnated resin.
Option to buy separated figures included now.
Will be a run of Ultra Limited Edition only 25 in the world.
Perfectly same MIMP style with also engraved numbers and producers logo under their bases.
Point values assigned to each figure are based on the original values listed in the original sticker albums.

This message will be used on eBay auction if they will be not sold out in a week or two.
R&R company official products.

"From the sculptor of the original 2:1 master bench mark prototypes of the first 6 Monster in My Pocket (MiMP) figures comes the Missing 16. Inspired by the same 256 collector cards that led the way in producing the Matchbox series of 240 mini figures released in 1990, Rich Roland (my father) and I have produced the Missing 16 figures left out of the collection.

A must-have for any miniature collectors!

Now offering the first 4 completed artist’s proof figures for sale that come complete with signed letter of authenticity with company raised seal, handsome resin base, and hand cast prototype resin figure in metallic gold to celebrate this endeavor (venture?). The remaining 12 figures are well on their way and will be offered at a later date.

In an effort to pay for and produce these 16 figures as a set in the same injection molded rubber material as the originals we are offering for sale a limited edition of 25 hard plastic prototype units of each of the 16 figures left out of the market until now.

Once we have reached our goal we will be producing injection molds and a limited edition of 100 sets in colored soft vinyl in a special collector box including blister pack with high graphics."

http://www.ebay.com/...WwAAOSw44BYIVBB

#410 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:13 AM

Sorry for late guys but the artist had serious troubles these past years.
They have lost home too.
Finally I can introduce you the first 4 Gold prototypes cast in Gold Resin and made in Ultra Limited Edition.
I hope you enjoy them how I'm doing in these days.
All the best and thanks in advance to anyone that will be interested.

Attached Files

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 08 November 2016 - 04:02 PM.

#411 mike853

mike853

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Anything mini, but gonna be focusing on monster in my pocket
    For the time being the rarer the better

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

Ordered

#412 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Ordered

Sure wish I had the funds to order these. They're simply brill Fede!! :thumbsup:

When I first saw these on eBay the other day I was awfully tempted to get at least one. Unfortunately though, I've spent enough money over the past month and a half. :unsure:

All the very best of luck with the others, I'm sure the rest will look every bit as detailed and as accurate to their original artwork.

Keep up the great work bud,

"Ant"

#413 Cyttorak

Cyttorak

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

Looking good. any new updates? i keep almost forgetting this thread lol. they look so good

cant believe how long this has been in the works.

Hopefully things can only get better for the poor artist

#414 Emper

Emper

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Almost all smalls/minis

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

Recently I've been researching M.I.M.P.  - Was a huge fan in childhood and recently rediscovered my figure collection when cleaning my grandparent's estate. Sadly, nothing really rare in the lot if anyone is curious, lol.

I just wanted to stop by and express how excited I am by this project. I sincerely hope someday I will be able to purchase a set of the 16 figures when they're ready, (in each colorway if applicable!) I'm so interested because I love how they will be made to match the originals; scale, color, rubber material. Not to mention, the authenticity lent by the original sculpt artist is above and beyond what a fan could hope for.

Read over the thread and it's easy to see this project has been a long time coming. I sincerely wish the sculptor and the commissioners of the project the best in seeing this through.

Humbly asking to keep us posted on how the project is progressing. I don't want to miss out on getting my figures when they finally drop!

Instagram: @delta_orange

#415 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

If you want these guys to finally see the light participate supporting the project and above all spread the word.
Thanks in advance for your support. ✌

https://www.kickstar...-16-missing-mi/

#416 laserbeast

laserbeast

Beyond Budding

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:23 PM

Very cool, backed!

#417 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

What are the 15 missing monsters?

Is there a list?

#418 Dfrazzer

Dfrazzer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

It's these 15 monsters.

Attached File  unprod10.jpg   156.65K   21 downloads

#419 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

plus Bash Tchelik from the poster artwork in comic #3

#420 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

It’s passed €2k today, but needs to be hitting over €1k a day now to reach goal. A big ask unfortunately.

#421 MercMonsterHunter

MercMonsterHunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:The hunting and tracking of elusive creatures

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:05 AM

At the given rate of new pledges it looks fairly unlikely that the project will meet its funding goal. Of course, anything can happen between now and than but that would require substantial sign ons. 

#422 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:toys, toy design, scultping, inventing

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

Backing the kickstarter for a set but that amount needed seems high. Id still be interested in a set even if they are not factory produced with all the markings of the originals.

#423 MercMonsterHunter

MercMonsterHunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

I can't begin to say that I understand how molding the figures works and/or the cost of such operations but it probably has something to do with a minimum number of injection molds manufactured at a specific price. Like a bulk order type of deal but I shouldn't speculate as I am not involved in the operation. It would be awesome to actually see these figures come to fruition but we'll just have to wait and see how the project progresses. 

#424 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

Honestly I think the pledges would come faster if it was for all sixteen monsters, instead of just 4. I think that might cause some people to hesitate.

#425 MercMonsterHunter

MercMonsterHunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

True, I’m surprised that there are so few pledges. If you think about it the lowest tier reward that offers the monster figures is only $34 USD for a set or four figures (in random color).

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com