45 replies to this topic

#26 kielmark

kielmark

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

Is it just my imagination or does that French picture have different coloured Gamoja than in the 5-packs I've got? Is there a reason for this? I'll take a photograph and put it on so the difference can be seen.

And now some pointless (... but interesting) statistics!

'24/48' is Ultra/Magma and means that you get a single Ultra for every 24 5-packs you open, and a single Magma for every 48 5-packs you open.

Nightvine 24/48
Buglax 14/24
Flesh Hag 19/16
Dirgeleech 11/19
Craybane 7/9

Loboz 14/32
Whaloid 19/19
Turtlex 14/24
Finblade 12/19
Octox 11/16

Burnmaw 48/48
Blazugg 24/24
Nostro 95/14
Flamesoul 19/19
Skorch 11/11

Bone Drake 24/ :unsure:
Brinefang 12/48
Trigoyle 12/14
Drakon 16/32
Hexeye 7/19

Pterror 95/ :D
Skamm 24/14
Sabreclaw 14/24
Soarkroc 95/10
Nexxor 10/32

Spinax 24/32
Jorzo 16/32
Visroc 11/48
Coilhorn 11/12
Batak 11/14

War Mass 19/48
Cyclo 32/48
Yeeeoh 10/16
Monosaur 7/14
Fangjaw 7/14

Mamota 19/95
Spinohorn 16/48
Ramm 24/10
Tuakbak 7/32
Slither 6/12

Ultimoja 48

So as you can see, there some quite rare ones, even rarer than Ultimoja (who can be found every 48 packs), I mean COM'MON! Soarkroc's supposed to be COMMON, and there are two figures which still haven't been found!

kielmark

#27 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:12 AM

Today I opened my first 6 5-packs and 2 2-packs and got amongst others: 2 magma Brinefangs and a Magma Pterror

All in all 3 ultra rare, 18 rares and 13 common figures. 2 figures I got twice (1 magma, 1 ultra). 18 are magmas and 16 ultras.

The ratio was mixed. 2 magmas and 3 ultras or 3 ultras and 2 magmas. In one of the 5-packs I found 1 ultra rare and 3 rare figures.

Edited by Dark Clown, 04 August 2006 - 07:37 AM.

#28 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:38 PM

Is it just my imagination or does that French picture have different coloured Gamoja than in the 5-packs I've got? Is there a reason for this? I'll take a photograph and put it on so the difference can be seen.

And now some pointless (... but interesting) statistics!

hmmm, yes they do look different don't they....maybe they repainted them especialy for the advert? Some of the paint jobs on my ones aren't that impressive so whoever put the advert together may have decided to 'sex them up' a bit to make them seem better?

Kielmark: your posts on Gamoja have been very informative - thanks! Where did you get your statistic info from?

Interestingly, if you get 1 Ultimoja for every 48 5 packs, that would mean they have made 48,000 5-packs in total......well, I found it interesting anyway :unsure: ! Just a little insight in to how toy companies work I suppose.....

By the way Kielmark, could we get a close up photo of your Ultinoja? thanks!

Posted Image

#29 toysfouryou

toysfouryou

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:41 AM

well its been a long time since i last posted. moose has been emailing me about these items .the only items i can get right now are the 5 packs and my limits is only 4000 packs so i have to decide if anyone is still interested in the packs as its been a long time in comming .if i do purchase them i may have them sent by boat takes 4 weeks, as by air was crazy with the ser 2 fop the cost per pack will be around 5.99 per pack depending on shipping cost. depending on if i can work out a better deal with the australian shipper

#30 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

well to be honest there are now 2 sellers on ebay shipping Gamoja worldwide - one from the UK and one from Malaysia. I'm sure you will have looked at the completed listings from Gamoja and seen what kind of quantities they are selling and for what price.

In brief I think they have been selling pretty well (although remember that they had NEVER been on ebay until a few weeks ago)

The UK seller works out cheaper for individual packs but the Malaysian one is cheaper when buying in quantity (I bought a box of six 5 sets and saved about 20% including P&P compared to the UK seller)

Edited by matthewf1tz, 16 August 2006 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image

#31 kielmark

kielmark

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:17 AM

How odd, after 95 packets of finding only 2 magma's and 3 ultra's I would've thought all packets were like that.

I would put a close up of the Ultimoja if I could, but it just occurs to me that I don't know how to put pictures on. It's not uploading my file!

My statistics just come from a bunch of packets that someone else bought. I simply divided the total number of packets by the number of a specific creature, and the answer is how many 5-packs were bought in order to get that one creature. If Gamoja were perfectly randomly distributed this small sample would apply everywhere. From the sounds of Dark Clown though it may not be the case.

I would also post something else here, but since I don't know how to put up pictures, I'll just write the url:

<http://www.gamoja.co...splay-case.gif>

or else go to www.gamoja.com/newsletters/2006/08aug/images/ and press on ultimoja-display-case

Read'em and weep guys

kielmark
(it's a display case for the entire Gamoja line, just like they had for FOP S1)

#32 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:39 AM

How odd, after 95 packets of finding only 2 magma's and 3 ultra's I would've thought all packets were like that.

well I just received by carton of 6 five-packs and 2 of the 6 packs contained 3 magma's and two ultras. Maybe they didn't plan the ratio too well when producing the figures and had to change part way through and your figures came from an earlier batch......who knows...

that display case is cool - it's a shame the picture wasn't larger!

I'll send you a PM re the Ultimoja pic - unfortunately I haven't got one yet! :)

I'm quite gutted that out of about 60 figures I've only got one from my favourite group - SNOW! Although it is Tuskbak and that is one I particularly wanted :p

Posted Image

#33 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

thanks for the pics Kielmark! sorry it took so long to upload this. I love the idea of having a metal figure in amongst the normal ones

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

Have you already heard about the Gamoja ? They are small figure like the Fistful of Aliens and are sold in the same way than the FoP (5-pack, 2-pack, battle boxes)

You can have a look at the site here : www.gamoja.com

And some figures from my collection :
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sylvain

#35 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

these would go good with my tabletop game i run. Are they a leftover from the FoP line?

#36 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

Those are kewl!!! Nope...I haven't seen them here.

TGB

#37 Chogokin Jawa

Chogokin Jawa

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:44 AM

That will be without me...
Here is France they are quite expensive...around US $8,50 the blister.
And these figs are too small for me.
Moreover I do not trust Moose anymore...they had a catastrophic marketing strategy for FoP..;I won't spend bucks into a line :

1/ I will never manage to complete
2/ that could be abruptly stopped at any time...

NO WAY :D

#38 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:05 PM

I am in the same boat as CJ. I really like the look of these figures, especially the blue ones, like the one in the first photo, and the red fire ones. I always love the little figures. But I don't want to be setup then let down like with Fistfuls. I loved the Fistful of Power figures, but they didn't market the figures well at all, and between Battle Beasts and such, I can't be getting the rest of the the other waves/series from overseas.

I wonder if these will even make it over here to the US.

Eric

#39 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

On the off chance anyone around is still interested in these guys they've just shown up on the shelves of my local Tesco (2 and 5 packs). Who knows? Perhaps they are slowly creeping in the direction of the US...

Edited by fourth_heir, 30 November 2006 - 11:13 AM.

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#40 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:20 PM

On the off chance anyone around is still interested in these guys they've just shown up on the shelves of my local Tesco (2 and 5 packs). Who knows? Perhaps they are slowly creeping in the direction of the US...

any idea how much they are at Tescos??

Posted Image

#41 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:24 AM

I think it was £1.99 for a two-pack (these are blind packed) and £3.99 for a five-pack (blind packed with one figure and the meteor ball showing).

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#42 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:56 AM

it's always available in france.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#43 Dark5tar

Dark5tar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

Hey Kiel

I bought a Box, 5-pack and Starter pack off Ebay.

In my 5 pack, I got a Bone Drake.

#44 Pookie

Pookie

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:38 AM

Does anyone own an ultimoja or has a spare one that is being sold?

#45 Pookie

Pookie

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:44 AM

Will you trade my dark Nexxorr for your good Cyclo?

#46 miggy

miggy

Always posts stuff in the wrong place

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Well...collecting for a start, and then theirs skating inline blading as its known. And parcour or free running as its known in Britain and that my 3 hobbies i have a few more just call 01772 700.....I'l call you .

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:53 AM

i think this is an old topc i dont know but dose anyone have spinax ultra and jorzo magma to trade

Edited by miggy, 15 December 2008 - 08:24 AM.

my clan site for the 360

http://kgc360.proboards.com/index.cgi

K.G.C you know it

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com