• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 08:11 AM

Okay, when I was a kid, I had almost EVERYTHING! I loved them. They were freakin awesome. I even used to make Ninja/Samurai robes for my heman figures. But somewhere along the way, I lost interest and ditched my collection. After I became reaquainted with the toys of my childhood, I took another look at He-Man figures, and I thought, Nah, not really interesting anymore.

Fast forward to last night! I was at WalMart with the wife, looking for some toys to scalp on eBay (Haha, just kidding Nate). I actually found an AOTC Count Dooku. Sweet find. But there I am, looking to add some more toys to my pile in my home office, and what do I see? The new MOTU basic Skeletor. So I pick up the package and examine him. He is FREAKIN AWESOME! So I go hunting in the toys for the HeMan section, because Skeletor was in the wrong place, and I eventually manage to pick up a Battle Sounds HeMan, Panthor and Battle Cat. So I get home and I open up Skeletor and he is even more awesome than I thought. 9 points of articulation. The arms rotate 360* as well as pivot out to the sides. The head turns, and his legs rotate forward and back, as well as pivoting out to the sides. The detail on him is INCREDIBLE, so intricate, about 3 times as intricate as a MUSCLE. Now that's DETAIL! Gone is the short bulky Arnold Schwarzenegger look and in it's place is a lean, cut Sagat (Street Fighter) look. The body plastic is the same as the old figures, and so is the accessories plastic. What is different is the armor plastic. It is a softer more pliable rubber like consistency, which allows the clothing items to fit much more realistically. He is AWESOME! I can't wait to find the rest. I thought I was going to pass up the MOTU line this release, but I guess I was wrong.

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 08:29 AM

I was at WalMart with the wife, looking for some toys to scalp on eBay

Gurk! Gasp! *hyperventilate* Whew! Okay, I'm fine now... That's just a knee-jerk reaction whenever people talk about scalping...

Anyway, I saw some of the new figures at a Toys R Us. They were VERY impressive. And I think that kids will actually like them, too! That's an interesting concept... toys designed for kids! Now, if somebody tells that to Hasbro, maybe we'll see some fun Star Wars toys for a change...

But that's a separate topic altogether. I saw all the basic figures except Merman and Beastman. I actually didn't buy any of them, as I'm saving my money for those two. But I was very impressed with the detail, articulation, and play action of the figures. This definitely looks like a hit! Let's hope they make a new Man-E-Faces soon...

-Nathan
PS- Did they seem smaller in person, or is it just me?

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 11:26 AM

Just got back from TRU. I got He Man basic and Stratos. Neither are as KEWL as Skeletor, but both are pretty AWESOME. I'll have to open them when I get home from work.

#4 Dr.Frankenstein

Dr.Frankenstein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 05:59 PM

Wow cool man!......
I got to much stuff going on to buy them right now....
Thinking of getting a new RC monster truck.....

#5 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 19 July 2002 - 01:27 PM

I want the new merman and skelator if I can ever find them.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#6 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 20 July 2002 - 03:32 PM

I like Mossman and Stinkor...... best next thing to sniffing markers <_<
Posted Image

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 July 2002 - 11:01 PM

I got Man-at-Arms today, and a shizznitLOAD of Medabots (12). I'll post a pic in the Medabots thread in the morning. They're kewl.

#8 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:35 AM

Skeletor and beastman are a must but i looked up the he-man.org site and have decided i need all of them. Now lets see a brand spanking new Modulok 2002!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#9 MuScLe BoMbEr

MuScLe BoMbEr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 06:08 AM

I...have the power!!! klang!!!

Eternia will be mine!!! Hehehehe, klang!!!

The new toyline is extremely awesome, can't wait to see the new cartoon and comic.

#10 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 11:44 PM

I know that this is off-topic, but... Muscle Bomber, did you get your avatar pic from gsarchives.com? Because I made and submitted that GIF... so... LOL! small world, eh?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 MuScLe BoMbEr

MuScLe BoMbEr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 05:04 AM

Bingo, its the only animated M.U.S.C.L.E. Tag Match character I could find :D
Such a small small world. Do I have your permission to use this avatar pic? I don't mind changing the pic :mellow:

#12 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 07 August 2002 - 06:04 AM

I bought Panthor, Skeletor, Beast Man, Man At Arms, He-Man, and Castle Grayskull. Ther are all awesome. The electronic chip function in the castle is pretty cool too. Hopefully next year wil have more than the Samurai armor stuff revealed at Figures.com....
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#13 MuScLe BoMbEr

MuScLe BoMbEr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 05:59 PM

Oh forgot to tell you guys, maybe you guys know this already...there's 2 He-Man variants. One is the basic He-Man with a + instead of a * on his chest armour. The + is like the classic He-Man series (can be seen on the front of the new 2002 He-Man figure card), whereas the * is new. The second one is the Battle Sound He-Man. He comes in GOLD armour too, besides the SILVER armour. Packaged with the GOLD armour is a completely different video from the SILVER one. I only managed to get the * He-Man and SILVER Battle Sound He-Man.

#14 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 06:33 PM

Bingo, its the only animated M.U.S.C.L.E. Tag Match character I could find B)
Such a small small world. Do I have your permission to use this avatar pic? I don't mind changing the pic :blush:

Go ahead and use it! hehehe

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 11:30 PM

Oh forgot to tell you guys, maybe you guys know this already...there's 2 He-Man variants. One is the basic He-Man with a + instead of a * on his chest armour. The + is like the classic He-Man series (can be seen on the front of the new 2002 He-Man figure card), whereas the * is new. The second one is the Battle Sound He-Man. He comes in GOLD armour too, besides the SILVER armour. Packaged with the GOLD armour is a completely different video from the SILVER one. I only managed to get the * He-Man and SILVER Battle Sound He-Man.

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I opted for the gold battle armor He-man. He has the + on his chest, but my Heman basic fig has the * on him. Now I have to go get the + basic heman.

#16 MuScLe BoMbEr

MuScLe BoMbEr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 08:40 PM

Go ahead and use it! hehehe

Thanks Ridureyu!

#17 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 09:57 PM

Why else do you think I made it? So that people could admire my "l33t Spriting madness?"

Posted Image

#18 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 06:28 PM

Just saw Panthor, Cheetor, and the Hawk flying thingy. They look pretty damn cool... "Look" being the key word... not "Own" I still can't bring myself to buy a He-Man figure
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#19 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 22 August 2002 - 05:10 AM

They do look sweet and im debating about getting the smaller figures.
Might actully be able to afford them.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#20 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 08:54 AM

I have all of the regular figures, Castle Grayskull, Bashin Beetle, Battle Hawk, and a smattering of the original figures. Wish I had kept the Eternia playset though. They are awesome - if McFarlane had taken this route with the Movie Maniacs figures (solid construction, awesome sculpting) it would be my favorite toyline ever. Collecting all the vehicles is going to require some space I think....

DoctorKent
http://doctorkent.tripod.com
Rocks and Bugs and Things - also good for MUSCLES and He-Man.
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
www.toyfinity.com

#21 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 11:18 AM

I'm currently on the lookout for a Mer-Man figure. Ram Man and Whiplash are also definitely on my "list."

#22 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 12:09 PM

I'm currently on the lookout for a Mer-Man figure. Ram Man and Whiplash are also definitely on my "list."

Brother got me Mer Man today. In the new cases he is packing heavier. Whiplash got delayed to 2003 (credit He-Man.org). Ram Man is out now supposedly - look for the Jungle He-Man to show that he was there...

DoctorKent
www.toyfinity.com

#23 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 05:58 PM

thanks. Mer-Man is getting hard to find, it seems...

#24 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:59 AM

thanks. Mer-Man is getting hard to find, it seems...

You have to be there when they crack a case of Evil Warriors - saw another at a different TRU today.

DoctorKent
www.toyfinity.com

#25 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:02 AM

Doctor Kent... if you dont mind me asking... what in the HELL is your avatar supposed to be :lol:
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com