5 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

Titans3-Kaiju.png

...Seriously, MORE?  Yeah, sure.  Let's take a look!

Titans3-Apeface.png

Hailing from before the TRUKK NOT MONKEY days, Apeface was a classic Headmaster who turned into a robot, a obot ape, or a robot jet. Also, his head was a robot. This figure has a pretty accurate rendition of his classic ape mode, which means that we now have a Mecha Kong to add to the obvious Godzilla and Rodan.

Titans3-Apeface-Bad.png

Okay, the placement of the peg for his gun mode is highly suspect. Wow.

Titans3-Apeface-Rider.png

Anyway, his Titan Master is meant to ride the ape mode as such, which is kinda weird, but it gives the figure a place to be. Sometimes, the "riding" mode is clearly the default, as opposed to the one that integrates the Titan Master as part of the sculpt.

Titans3-Apeface-Jet.png

The jet is really convincing, and the titan master fits very snugly. It's one of the less awkward transformations for these little mini figures!

Titans3-Apeface-Headmaster.png

As a head, Apeface sure looks a lot like an evil Optimus Prime!

Titans3-Apeface-TitanMaster.png

When unfolded, the little guy has the same head shape, and in fact takes all his cues from Apeface's robot mode!

Titans3-Apeface-Weapon.png

It also makes a believable weapon - yes, yes, it's still a jet, but it looks like a gun!

Titans3-Clobber.png

Yes, Clobber looks exactly like Overboard. Both are repaints of Crashbash, who was also repainted two more times in Japan, into Batora and Servant. This color scheme is clearly meant to be Grimlock, only renamed because it would oddly conflict with ordinary-sized Grimlocks out there.

Titans3-Clobber-ClosedMouth.png

Also, I have been totally screwing up. The mouth closes, and actually plugs in securely. This is how he is supposed to look, folks.

Titans3-Clobber-Dragon.png

Also, this is the correct angle for the turkey dragon. Looks more believable now, eh?

Titans3-Clobber-Headmaster.png

This is absolutely Grimlock's head. "Clobber" isn't fooling anybody.

Titans3-Clobber-TitanMaster.png

The little guy is also a repaint of Crashbash/Overboard's, though there is a Japan-exclusive version with some extra paint added to make it look more like Grimlock.

Titans3-Clobber-Overboard.png

See? Repaint. he has less apint and ore colored plastic, so he'll chip less, though.

Titans3-Clobber-Weapon.png

The weapon isn't completely unconvincing, so it does gain a few points.

Titans3-Loudmouth-Car.png

Meet Loudmouth. Loudmouth hates his parents for giving him that name. Loudmouth is actually an update of Siren, who was embarrassed about being a dude with that name. Alas! His car mode sure looks like a boat, but it's cool regardless.

Titans3-Loudmouth.png

Loudmouth is a pretty convincing tank, with a surprising number of gun emplacements and an actual coherent form!

Titans3-Loudmouth-Headmaster.png

The face is very clearly Siren, and one of the more complex Titan Master designs (for the ones not released with larger robots).

Titans3-Loudmouth-TitanMaster.png

Look, he's got actual face paint! And it's not fragile and easily chipped, like that of Repugnus.

Titans3-Loudmouth-Weapon.png

Loudmouth also makes a very convincing weapon, a relative rarity with these smaller figures.

Titans3-Brawn.png

Brawn is such a classic charater that he actually has a regular-sized figure released at the same time as this. He always used to transform into a Jeep, and now he's a Jeep-like tank with mini-treads!

Titans3-Brawn-Jeep.png

Although the titan master is supposed to form part of the chassis, you can also let it ride in the Jeep like this.

Titans3-Brawn-Cycle.png

When transformed, it becomes a Return of the Jedi-style speeder bike!

Titans3-Brawn-Tractor.png

You can also make it into a tractor with some ingenuity.

Titans3-Brawn-Headmaster.png

Parts of the titan master body actually give Brawn his distinctive head shape, including the square framing behind it!

Titans3-Brawn-TitanMaster.png

His titan master is also extremely clearly a mini-Brawn!

Titans3-Brawn-Weapon.png

And finally, his weapon mode works extremely well, being entirely convincing as a rifle.

Titans3-Chromedome.png

The big guy in these photos is Chromedome, one of the original Headmasters. In some continuities, he's gay, for as much of a value of gay as robots can be.

Titans3-Chromedome-Face.png

His face is incedibly distinct, too!

Titans3-Chromedome-StylorHeadmaster.png

Headmasters sold as part of larger figures tend to be a little more complex as a rule.

Titans3-Chromedome-Stylor.png

Stylor looks pretty good when unfolded, much like his original counterpart.

Titans3-Chromedome-Gun.png

Chromedome comes with a gigantic gun, and you know where this is going.

Titans3-Chromedome-Armed.png

It splits into two guns!

Titans3-Chromedome-ShoulderGuns.png

You can also fit them on his shoulders if you want to keep his hands free.

Titans3-Chromedome-Cockpit.png

And of course it's a cockpit for the titan master.

Titans3-Chromedome-Car.png

Chromedome turns into a really convincing car, although it is much larger than the titan master (the back tires are almost as tall as that little guy!). Basically, it's not a sleek sports car, it's a massive Buick boat.

Titans3-Chromedome-DriversSeat.png

I kind of love how the driver's seat is in the middle, not on either side.

Titans3-Chromedome-Sideguns.png

You can fit the guns onto the side of the car, though the wide one can't be angled straight.

Titans3-Chromedome-Guncar.png

You can also create a gun platfor on top of the car, which works disturbingly well.

Titans3-Chromedome-UnderTheHood.png

Well, there you go. I still love the detachable heads and mini-vehiclemonsters, and as long as Hasbro keps producing this sub-line, I'm sure we'll see them again!

Titans3-Chromedome-Berserker.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

(Pssst: Since we're already in the process of corrections, you have the weapon mode for Clobber et al incorrect as well. The legs peg into tiny pegs and create a 3-barrelled cannon thing.)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, I thought I had the corrected pic for Clobber's wepaon mode.  I guess I hadn't.

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:28 AM

You need Legends Brawn to go with Titan Master Brawn, getting Brawn to ride inside Brawn. Brawnception.

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

You need Legends Brawn to go with Titan Master Brawn, getting Brawn to ride inside Brawn. Brawnception.

A Brawn inside a Brawn?

I'm not sure we want to go down that road!

Yeah, I thought I had the corrected pic for Clobber's wepaon mode.  I guess I hadn't.

To be fair, your way looks pretty good too. I would almost argue it looks better.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

Waiiiit, I did transform it corretly.  The "barrels" of the arms are facing forward.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com