• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:25 AM

Simply put: Could a Battle Beast Convention ever happen? There is an extreamly limited number of overall pices (less than 400) in a complete collection thus this would hinder a dealers room a bit , though I'm shure there would beyond heavy selling and trading. Or would a small meeting of colloctors here and there be more suitible?

Edited by transformersontheshelf, 30 November 2004 - 06:25 AM.

#2 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:57 AM

My guess would be:

#1 have multiple mini figs. convention BB/Muscles/Smurfs/PVC figures.

#2 have a small gathering of collectors once a year in a central location.

It would be TOO COOL to meet up with fellow collectors, have diorama/playset contests, customs, etc...

JKaris tried this once with Muscles and there was a TON of talk, however, only 4 guys came through (me being one of them).

What other thoughts do people have?

I have been meeting up with MOTU/Muscle collectors at WW CCC for the last 2 years and it has been an absolute BLAST!!!

TGB

#3 droid77

droid77

Creep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:07 AM

I think for something as random as this little sect of collectors, it'd be best for everyone to just meet at comic con or the other major cons across the country like everyone else does since they serve as catch alls for this sorta thing.

I mean, if it was all about little figures, you'd have 5 vendors in a hotel lobby nervously staring at each other and about 15 people there trying to out nerd each other over Battle Beast lore. If everyone just got together at a con and went drinking later it'd work a lot nicer.

THAT'S WHAT I THINK!
sometimes his attacks are sneak attacks

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:06 AM

If everyone just got together at a con and went drinking later it'd work a lot nicer.

THAT'S WHAT I THINK!

That's what I have done for the last 2 years and it was a frickin' BLAST!!!

TGB

#5 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:52 AM

Meeting at a convention sounds like a great idea!!!!

when are some conventions??? -Those of us out of the US need plenty of time to make arrangements since most places are just too far to drive and well some cars just can't make it through the water that seperates the continents without some serious help, not to mention jobs, famillies and what not~!!!!!

Throw out some dates~!!!!!

#6 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:19 AM

Here is the one I will be at (I have went the last 2 years). I will be driving and I will have enough room to haul around 2 other people (my new Honda Element only seats 4 and my wife will be with me again this year).

Here is a link to the WW CCC:

http://www.wizarduni...ons/chicago.cfm

Here is a link to the tickets:

http://store.yahoo.c...zworchic20.html

I always go all 3 days. (Always book 2-3 children, they are FREE, and SOME of the exclusives will let ya win with children tickets...they are ALWAYS good to have on hand.)

The hotel my wife/I, my friends, the comic book artists, dealers, etc...all stay at is the Hyatt and it is directly linked via skywalks to the CON (makes it easy to run your loot to the room).

TGB

#7 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:27 AM

hmm....i have yet to go to wizardworld, and at 50 a ticket, not bad...must figure in hotel and all...and room for 2 u say?!

#8 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:42 AM

I would love to meet up with other collectors. I live in downtown Chicago during the school year, and about 60 miles outside of Chicago during the summer. I have been meaning to go to Wizard World Chicago for a couple years now, and if I could meet up with some fantastic Battle Beast fans, that would definately seal the deal.

#9 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:45 PM

The first year I spent $40 on tickets (if you prebook them they are cheaper), $45 on gas, $90 for a hotel 3 nights ($270 total but we split it 3 ways with friends), and probably another $125 on food...

Then I spent maybe $200-$300 on toys.

Then I sold several Keldors at $100 each and made $300 back!!!

Now this year, my wife went with me and we stayed at the Hyatt (nearly $500 for 3 nights), food $200, gas $60 (damn gas prices), tickets were $45 (if you prebook them they are cheaper), then having your wife going with you...I spent probably $200 on her clothes shopping and maybe $400 on toys, however out of that $400, I bought 4 Hordak busts (kept 2 and resold 2 to cover the 2 I kept), 3 Red Fin Fang Foom busts (paid $60 each and sold them for $150), etc...

So this year, I actually made a profit at the show and still came home with lots of loot!!!

Seriously kids...if we are gonna do this we should all be talkin' seriously about it now so that those that live in CA, Canada, and overseas (I had collectors from Manila Philipines meet me this year at WW CCC and next year he is coming back with his buddy) have a chance to make reservations, tickets, etc...

TGB

#10 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:13 PM

aug. 5-7 is more than enough time for me to start saving up some doe (and hopefully by that time I'll be making some decent cash). and chicago is a short 10 hours from where i live! Count me in!

#11 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:14 PM

Well, you can count me in. Is there a date set yet for the 2005 Wizard World Chicago? I know it is typically in early August I believe.

Edit: I answered my own question by looking at the above link. August 5th-7th it is then. That should really be no problem for me.

Edited by koppenschevelle, 30 November 2004 - 01:20 PM.

#12 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:49 PM

That is 3.

I almost had Orca going last year, however, he already had a vacation to Vulcan already set.

JKaris was gonna come last year, however, his old lady said, "NO WAY!" J/K he! he! he!

Johnny, you could really do a Muscle/BB gathering this time around!!! There is plenty of time and the desire on both sides is there. Chicago is in the center of the USA, so it is waaaaaaaaaaay more possible for the east coast bruthas!!!

TGB

#13 droid77

droid77

Creep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:29 AM

I end up going to the San Diego comic con in the summer and the Anime Expo in Anehiem, CA in June.

A LOT of hot nerds go to the anime one....they're easy to trick into bed.

Edited by droid77, 01 December 2004 - 11:29 AM.

sometimes his attacks are sneak attacks

#14 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:48 PM

I end up going to the San Diego comic con in the summer and the Anime Expo in Anehiem, CA in June.

A LOT of hot nerds go to the anime one....they're easy to trick into bed.

With a tongue like the one you have in your avatar, I bet its not too hard!!! He! he! He!

I like the WW CCC much better as it is not quite as insane as the WW SD CC. Your chances of scoring the exclusives are better in Chicago, however, there are not as many vendors and it is not as large.

TGB

#15 dragonaute_auxerrois

dragonaute_auxerrois

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:57 AM

and it is not possible to have a littel corner of battle beasts collector's during a trasfomers' Convetion?

I think maybe one day we will do this in France because France is not bigger than the USA but we are few collector's.. maybe 10?

#16 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:56 PM

How about me?

As far as I know I'm the only Dutch Battle Beast collector :(

Lonely me... Sob Sob Sob

On the other hand, If there's a toy convention over here, I'm also one of the very few colletors :) But somehow, I don't think that will ever happen :)

#17 dragonaute_auxerrois

dragonaute_auxerrois

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:37 PM

waow!
Je bent Nerderlands!
Ik spreek en betje Nerderlands om dat ik in de universiteit hem sutdeer.

Waar woont je vandaan?
en wassen battle beasts in Nerderlandse Winkels?

Sorry for the others whon don't understand Dutch! ;)

#18 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:12 PM

Wow,

That's really impressive dragonaute_auxerrois!

I'm from a city called Zoetermeer. It's near Den Haag (The Hague) in the mid western part of the Netherlands.

Battle Beasts were sold in the Netherlands, but only #1 to #28 (series one). They had no special Dutch name, just plain Battle Beasts.

As a kid I went on a holiday to France (near Saint-Malot). In France I bought my first two Laser Beasts: Condorassin and Spark Shark. France was my Walhalla from that point. As a kid I thought that in France they only sold special "France-only" toys ;)

It's cool to meet someone here who actually understands a little bit of the Dutch language :D

So just for dragonaute_auxerrois: Je spreekt heel goed Nederlands!

Sorry for those who can't translate/read that part :D

#19 Gaara

Gaara

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:03 PM

waow!
Je bent Nerderlands!
Ik spreek en betje Nerderlands om dat ik in de universiteit hem sutdeer.

Waar woont je vandaan?
en wassen battle beasts in Nerderlandse Winkels?

Oh gee, thats scary! ;)

I knew that if you can speak german you can understand dutch,
but that it is also possible to understand written words without
translating them first... maybe I should visit your country? :D

Would be funny to speak with people without the knowledge of
one dutch word! :D
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#20 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:21 PM

Back on topic...

So who is going?

THEGODBEAST
ROKK
LAZY LIZARD
???

C'mon guys!!!

ORCA
TRANSFORMERSONTHESHELF
KOPPENSCHEVELLE
EL DIABLO
???

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 28 January 2005 - 01:22 PM.

#21 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

i'm so farking up for it dude! w/ the chance of MVC not making it out this year, and motu on a hiatus??? it would be sweet to hook up w/ some bb/ collectors, maybe do some trading, shoot the shizznit, kickback and have some drinks! i might actually consider getting a room this year b/c driving back & forth last year was just crazy (actually took the train home the last night of it @ 2 a.m. all drunk and shizznit too! CTA SUCKS!!!)

gabe =)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#22 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:02 PM

I will definately be going. My girlfriend, Jenny, will also be coming with me. She actually loves to go to the shows with me. So what's the tally right now as to who is going? I would love to meet up with as many of you guys as I could.

By the way, what is the convention like? I have never been to Wizard World Chicago before.

Eric

#23 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

Ok kids...

John Verdonk from Canada really wants to come to Wizard World Chicago Comic Con this year! Is anyone else coming that wants to split a room 50/50 or even 3 people split it 3 ways? My wife comes with me, so we stay at the Hyatt which is like $150 per night (sort of steep). The first year I stayed at a nice hotel down the street (not attached to the convention center) for only $85 a night and I split it 3 ways! So this can be a cheap or as expensive as a person wants.

I will be driving so I will have 2 extra seats in my Honda Element as far as transportation...however, we need as many kewl cats from this community to get together this year at the WW CCC!!!

Let's get a serious list going so we can have a frickin' blast this August!!!

TGB

#24 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

I could use a lift from Sioux Falls tgb, lol. Also I'd be cool with splitting a room with some forum peeps.

#25 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:19 AM

splitting a room sounds good to me. it'd be alot better than driving in every day.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com