26 replies to this topic

#1 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:35 AM

I just updated the price guide with some variations.

#9 light yellow armor vs. yellow/orange armor
#11 yellow box vs. unpainted (factory error) yellow box
#20 3 different shades of red rub boxes AND navy blue armor vs. dark navy blue armor
#21 light reddish brown skin vs.brown skin

TGB

#2 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

i see you finally got the package, sorry it took long to get to you it was supposed to go out priority mail, but it want out first class b/c i had my wife ship them out on her day off. so needless to say everything went out first class w/o delivery confirmation. i 'm just glad you got them.

=)

Edited by lazzy lizard, 04 April 2005 - 01:43 PM.

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#3 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Am I the only the who thinks that some of us here are getting a little too variant crazy? B)

I mean, most of these variants are so subtle that it is very difficult to acually differentiate between the regular verson and the variant.

Some variants are damn obvious, such as the Red armored vs. Blue armored Jaded Jag, Black armored vs. Purple armored Miner Mole or the Painted toes Skull Grotess vs. the Unpainted Toed one.

I'm looking at some of these supposed variants, and wondering how many of these truly fall into that catagory... I'm sure some of these look different due to aging and/or UV damage... :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#4 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

It would also make sense that differant paint batches would have slight differances.

I agree though, I have even been guilty of the minor variant craze, I hade a King Cobra with a slightly lighter armor than the other, and thought about keeping it because of the very slight paint differance, but didn't.

I like the odd things, like the Rabbit one or Toad with the painted face....that's what variants are all about!

--grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

Am I the only the who thinks that some of us here are getting a little too variant crazy? B)

I mean, most of these variants are so subtle that it is very difficult to acually differentiate between the regular verson and the variant.

Some variants are damn obvious, such as the Red armored vs. Blue armored Jaded Jag, Black armored vs. Purple armored Miner Mole or the Painted toes Skull Grotess vs. the Unpainted Toed one.

I'm looking at some of these supposed variants, and wondering how many of these truly fall into that catagory... I'm sure some of these look different due to aging and/or UV damage... :D

Artimus my young padawan...you must keep in mind...the camera flash doesn't help show the contrast in light vs. dark. I try my best and I do think my photos are some of the best around, however, I can't sometimes get what it REALLY looks like "IN-HAND."

I wouldn't list the variation if it was profound enough to add to my collection...

I had that light armored #59 Cobra, however, I found that one to be waaaaaaaaaaay too slight a difference. If you are looking at the Dog, it is slight, however, it is plenty noticeable. The Bear? That is a GREAT factory error!!!

I am getting ready to post the sloth, the bovine, and the ardvark weapons variants now!

As far as that red head toad...SORRY...NOT EVEN close to a variant...possibly the WORSE ever factory error...but even with the multiple photos I have seen of it from every angle...I still am NOT BUYING it. It isn't even the same shade of armor color, it looks like a small child marked on it. I have a BAG full of muscles with dark pink/red marks all over them and it IS a marker...so why couldn't this be the same thing? Seriously...I zoomed in on those red head toad photos and they don't even look like anything more than a defaced toad, not a factory error with paint.

Just my opinion, sorry if it offends. :D
TGB

#6 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:32 AM

marty's right, but he still doesn't have the light brown dog variant i have in my collection, unless i happen to come across another one, then maybe i'll trade it to him???

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:55 AM

marty's right, but he still doesn't have the light brown dog variant i have in my collection, unless i happen to come across another one, then maybe i'll trade it to him???

=)

I also just updated photos for the #66, #67, and #68 variations.

TGB

#8 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:58 AM

Artimus my young padawan...you must keep in mind...the camera flash doesn't help show the contrast in light vs. dark. I try my best and I do think my photos are some of the best around, however, I can't sometimes get what it REALLY looks like "IN-HAND."

I wouldn't list the variation if it was profound enough to add to my collection...

While I do not doubt your abilities to note color differences and other things that would seperate a normal verson from one that is different, I do think that some of us are going a little 'over-the-top' with these variations... :angry:

I do agree that the camera flash does take away from the true value of the color of the figure(s) in question, but come on! What's to note a true variant from a slightly different mix of paint at a factory? Am I the only one who thinks that we need standards here?!? :rolleyes:

#9 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:09 AM

the variants are there just to show people what's out there, and not necessarily for people to "have to" collect. i don't bother w/ the subtle variants, even the marking don't matter to me & like sligtly off shaded color armor, but plastic color, distinct paint color variants, & errors i do keep in my collection. call me crazy, but i'm pretty anal about getting all the variants i can find.

=)

#10 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:16 AM

I'm not trying to jump down anybody's throat here or anything, so pleeeeease don't take my critism too seriously or anything like that! :angry:

I just thought that I'd post my opinions about all these frickin' damn variants that people keep putting out there. I'm almost under the opinon that very verson of a given BB/LB is different enough from the next to be considered a variant in some way shape or form... :rolleyes:

I have noted that there are some true variants out there (the Mole, Jaguar, Skull Grotess, etc.) but I'm looking at some of these other ones and I just want to crack up laughing cause the difference seem so subtle that hardly anyone's gonna notice the difference between the figures...

... but I digress! :D

#11 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:40 AM

What about the # sets? A lot of beasts have #'s a, b, and c. Don't those all correspond to the number of variants of a particular beast? There you have it. Perfect indication as to whether you are holding a deliberate variant or not. As for factory paint errors, those would just have to be authenticated by each collector. Am I right in assuming there is some correlation?
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#12 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:03 AM

What about the # sets? A lot of beasts have #'s a, b, and c. Don't those all correspond to the number of variants of a particular beast? There you have it. Perfect indication as to whether you are holding a deliberate variant or not. As for factory paint errors, those would just have to be authenticated by each collector. Am I right in assuming there is some correlation?

Actually...nope...the a, b, c are only for the guide/computer #ing system...sorry...

As far as Artimus' rant...why do you think I didn't give MOST of these latest variations their own #? They aren't that big of a variant to warrant their own #, because most of the colllectors won't even care.

Maybe when you get your basic collection done Artie, you might change your mind. You get to a point that you WANT to find something new and unique to add to your collection.

Now calm down and go take a chill pill...or a smoke ;) ...or a drink...relax the hell out kid! jk... ;) :rolleyes: :angry: :D

TGB

#13 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

What's up with the #11 Grizzly Bear (with unpainted yellow box) having the #21 Danger Dog weapon? :rolleyes:

You Screwed up........No soup for you!! :angry:

--grimey

#14 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:08 PM

What's up with the #11 Grizzly Bear (with unpainted yellow box) having the #21 Danger Dog weapon? :D

You Screwed up........No soup for you!! ;)

--grimey

Marty's tryin' to pass it off as another variant of some kind... :rolleyes:

You see, this trend of his really developed when he was collecting his LAH figures... He found out through Alex Bickmore's site that there existed a variant of the Arnold figure wearing pink underpanies, so he went out and purchased as many Arnold LAH figures as he could get his hands onto hoping to find a Pinkpanie Arnold so that he could display it in front of his Toyfare poster of Orca posing nude wearing only his BB Bandoliers... ;)

Well, after all his troubles, Marty never did find a Arnold w/ pinkpanies and figured that it didn't even exist until roland13 posted on the board that he had one... and trust me, Marty couldn't contain himself when he found out!

To make a long story short, Marty has been variant crazy ever since the mid 90's, due to his LAH variant phase. It just hasn't seemed to die within him yet... :angry:

#15 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

What's up with the #11 Grizzly Bear (with unpainted yellow box) having the #21 Danger Dog weapon?

You Screwed up........No soup for you!! ;)

--grimey

I screwed up!!! :wub:

You have no idea how swamped I have been lately... :lol:

I will fix it asap... ;)

Sorry...

Artimus is a SHMUCK!!! Just ignore his dumbass! ;)

TGB

#16 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

i can blame mcfarlane & his stupid farking spawn toys that started me w/ this VARIANT CRAZE!!! now i can't stop.

=)

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

i can blame mcfarlane & his stupid farking spawn toys that started me w/ this VARIANT CRAZE!!! now i can't stop.

=)

Crap dude...vintage SW started me!!!

TGB

#18 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

i can blame mcfarlane & his stupid farking spawn toys that started me w/ this VARIANT CRAZE!!!  now i can't stop.

=)

Crap dude...the Last Action Hero line and the ever evasive Pink Panied Arnold started me!!!

TGB

See my previous post. ;)

#19 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:01 AM

vintage star wars doesn't even come close to spawn! yeha theye have alot of variants mainly b/c of the fact that theye were made in various parts of the world @ different factories.

=)

#20 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:07 AM

Ok,
Bear variation photo fixed, #101 variation photos all trimmed/added again, and "BattleFennec's" Orca photo added.

I have also taken SUPER SWEET photos of the 3 chariots and all 3 bases...open/closed/angles!!! I will try to add them in the next day or so. :p

Now stop bee-eye-itchin' girls! :D

TGB

#21 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

and as far as the A,B,C markings on the figs, they don't necessarily apply to the variant rule as i had a crapload of the same figs w/ the same markings but were variants in one shape or form.

=)

#22 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:28 AM

and as far as the A,B,C markings on the figs, they don't necessarily apply to the variant rule as i had a crapload of the same figs w/ the same markings but were variants in one shape or form.

=)

Thanks for confirming that...

I think I came to that conclusion when I posted mine.

I will bump that thread.

TGB

#23 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:23 PM

Bear variant fixed.

3 Chariots added

3 Transports/Playsets added

Jkaris...need ya to fix #408's main photo is an error... :(

LMK,
TGB

#24 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:33 PM

Bear variant fixed.

3 Chariots added

3 Transports/Playsets added

TGB

Lookin' good there Marty! :( :p

Keep up the good work and thanks for takin' the time and effort to do this!!!

;)

#25 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:11 PM

Wooo Hooo!

Thanks Marty!