#51 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

I meant to say thank you shadow bat. Always open to ideas from anyone. It's cool to see now more then ever the collectors out there talking more about variants and what's their ideas on a figure. Real or not. We all can't meet in person and show each other a box or crate full of figures and say "this is what I have". I enjoy all the forums and photos and information now about my hobby and love of these little figures.

#52 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

The SS tiger variant is a lighter white yellow plastic skin. Just looks really pale. I can confirm 100% that he came in a chariot since that is where my friend got his from when I was growing up in MO. I noticed that, the pink weasel, and the flying squirrel with yellow vents. Who knew there were so many different kinds or there back in the day....if only I had known.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#53 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

The SS tiger variant is a lighter white yellow plastic skin. Just looks really pale.

Thanks for that! You still in MO? I feel like half of LRG is from MO. hahah

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#54 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:36 PM

Hard to be 100% sure, but it looks like the one on the right is a shorty rabbit. Are there any experts out there who could possibly verify?

It looks pretty spot on, but photos can be deceiving!

Attached Files

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#55 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:27 AM

Hard to be 100% sure, but it looks like the one on the right is a shorty rabbit. Are there any experts out there who could possibly verify?

It looks pretty spot on, but photos can be deceiving!

That is as good as its gone get when it comes to finding a Short Rabbit, taking pictures of this fellow is the most fair in the back to back position like you did but also with a horizontal camera view since like you said the perspective you have now might be a little deceiving. Since in this case the difference looks pretty big while in real-time, depending on the normal Rabbit you place aside it, the difference in length is really limited. But there is a couple things you can look for with this Shorty figure and these are also clearly visible here;

1. The Ears of Shorty seem to have a slightly different scale and shape compared to the normal one, so the ears are smaller.

2. The Tail (which is not ALWAYS round for this one) is also found a little lower compared to the normal Rabbit figure meaning the whole figure seems a little more compressed in length. 

3. Not 100% sure if this goes for ALL shorties but so far it looks like all the ones I have seen had a slightly more turquoise like skin which if you compare it to the normal one makes the skin color of the normal one look a little pale. 

4. Shorty probably has some different mold markings on him as well so @Draznar if you could take a shot of both from the back we can see that as well since I am not able to check out mine at the moment.

These two certain things together so the smaller sized ears and the compressed body length make Shorty the way he is and even though the difference is not as big as you would expect there is a difference.

UPDATE:

MORE about it here:

http://www.littlerub...213216&p=582380

And if you look at the link in that topic you´ll find a picture of my Shorty in another topic and this shows that my Point #2 is not always a solid guidance either since at that shot the Tail of Shorty seems in line with the normal one. The Ear size/shape/scale is clearly making the difference there though.

Edited by Beastformers, 14 June 2015 - 04:33 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#56 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:32 AM

As always, I'm grateful for the information!

I haven't got this guy in hands yet, one of the board members here is collecting up my last few needs for a truly complete 1-76. I'll hopefully have him within the month!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#57 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

Does the block above the rub stick out further on that short rabbits chest, or is that just the camera angle?

#58 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

Does the block above the rub stick out further on that short rabbits chest, or is that just the camera angle?

It's hard to tell. I'll take some better pictures and let you guys know when he gets here!

<p> </p>
<p>

#59 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:59 AM

That short rabbit is a cool variant. Hope to get one of them one day. 

#60 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

My short rabbit has the different makers mark and also a slight color difference. Just like Beastformers mentioned above. Mine also has slightly shorter ears. Great find! I know I lucked out when I got mine in a lot of eBay. I have figured out the biggest and best way to pick one out is the makers mark? But being a short rabbit after that is a crap shoot.

#61 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

My short rabbit has the different makers mark 

can you elaborate how it is different? I didn't see this detailed; might have missed it. 

#62 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

can you elaborate how it is different? I didn't see this detailed; might have missed it.

The maker mark, is a different print type then the typical rabbit. The round tails have these. Ones I have do. Also the number, is smaller in size also. I have a picture on Instagram if you are on there? Cause I have t been able to figure out how to down load onto here yet? The entire makers mark in the middle of the back and also all the round fails and my 2 short rabbits don't have the ABC marking also, showing the "batch" or mold marking. If that makes sense?

#63 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

Just to clarify:

• by 'maker's mark' you're referring to the Hasbro copyright stamp; on this variant they used a different typeface?
  • figure number is smaller and lacks ABC marking

Regarding IG, I don't believe there's a way to download from the mobile app, but you can go to your IG page on a desktop browser and should be able to download images. Then you can add the image to a post here to share. I found you on IG but I didn't see the rabbit pic you mentioned.

Going to check mine later this evening. I also have a sealed Japanese Ram chariot, which has been speculated as the origin of this variant. Frustrating that I can't tell without opening the box if the rabbit inside is a shorty or not, cause I'm really not wanting to do that ;)

Edited by bachamn, 22 June 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#64 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

I took some more snaps of my rabbits to look for this but I'm not seeing the differential in the text in the copyright info or the number stamp you're talking about.. I saw your photo on IG of the back of the rabbit but it looks just like the ones I have. 

Short variant is on the right in both images.

Attached File  2015-06-22_17-15-22.jpg   119.88K   15 downloads Attached File  2015-06-22_17-15-53.jpg   84.75K   17 downloads

There is a definite difference in the colors though as mentioned previously, which I think is obvious in the first image. The pink detail color as well as the skin color are noticeably less pale. Glossier finish also confirmed, though my normal rabbit is slightly glossy so this is a bit harder to distinguish I think. 

Looking closer, specifically at the tail, it appears the the normal version of the figure's base color was that of it's armor and the "skin" tone painted on, while the variant is the opposite (skin is base color, armor is painted on) which accounts for the richer color. This is the same as with the orange armor turtle/gorilla in Japan. So based on existing patterns, this suggests to me that there would be a similar paint-swap variant of the Horse to match.

The plot thickens...

Edited by bachamn, 22 June 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#65 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

That's very interesting. It's strange to see them like that. I wonder if that it was made in a different factory then the others? I know that mine are different then he others I have. Thanks for the advise also in down loading the photos.

#66 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

Thought I would contribute to the discussion of the short variant of Hare Razing Rabbit as I got my own short variant last week. Not the best of photos but I think it shows most of the differences between the normal and short variant. I can try to take better pictures if that would be of interest. Really happy that I could find this gem!

Attached File  thumb_IMG_2462_1024.jpg   226.77K   5 downloads

#67 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Here is our chance to see if the Japanese chariot is the source of the short rabbit
http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c9efa1c03

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#68 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Crazy. My short rabbit had the difference in colours too, but is only a fraction shorter. Variants of variants?
<p> </p>
<p>

#69 Spyne98

Spyne98

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

I have 2 versions of Colonel Bird.  One seems to be darker plastic than the other.  Could it just be that one is faded?  Or maybe one's a Knock Off?  Any ideas?

#70 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

I have 2 versions of Colonel Bird.  One seems to be darker plastic than the other.  Could it just be that one is faded?  Or maybe one's a Knock Off?  Any ideas?

There's a darker-green version of the bird that came with the sealed Flaming Phoenix boxed set (J version). At least, the one I have came out of a sealed one that I opened.

#71 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

I have 3

I have 2 versions of Colonel Bird. One seems to be darker plastic than the other. Could it just be that one is faded? Or maybe one's a Knock Off? Any ideas?

I have 3 and they are all Diffrent but there is a widely know variant it's almost light blue.

Attached Files

Edited by Edmasta, 31 July 2015 - 01:00 PM.

bbb3.jpg

#72 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

there is a genuine variant it's almost blue.

careful, when you start talking about "genuine variants" this conversation gets slippery really fast ;)

#73 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

careful, when you start talking about "genuine variants" this conversation gets slippery really fast ;)

Yea I will edit that can't be doing with the headaches haha. You know what I mean ;)

Edited by Edmasta, 31 July 2015 - 01:00 PM.

bbb3.jpg

#74 Spyne98

Spyne98

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the help!  I'll post some pictures of my birds when I get a chance.  

#75 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:41 AM

Looking for thoughts on this.  Variations on sly fox back, with the main differences being the size of the numbering and the inclusion of Takara.  The fronts were virtually identical. 

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com