8 replies to this topic

#1 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:15 PM

Remember back when someone mentioned that the DMP always reminds them of the song 'TNT' by AC~DC?

Probably not... It was over a year ago. I made something up real quick like, and then Geocities ate it. Good riddence, as it just had me singing 'DMP' twice as loud as AC~DC... I didn't have the material to make any good remix... However, I knew what I should do.

I should make a Humormix, much like (someone else's) Freakazoid mix of 'Good Riddence' or my mix of Mr. T 'Closer.'(somewhere in offtopic this is linked to-- Over Eighteen Please).

Well, I have had the four episodes that were at one point on Kazaa. I took some clips with MSSound Recorder from those files and pushed and manipulated them around in Pro Tools Free from Digidesign, and put a little compression here, waveform editing there, some TC/E on snippits, a little more compression... a good dose of inside jokes that old time AKIA members will get, and, most difficult, a place for this to be put for all time.

Thanks to Jonny, that place is right here:

http://forums.kinnik...mp_humormix.mp3

:mars:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#2 Kevin Mask555

Kevin Mask555

Teh #1 Kevin Mask Fan!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Kevin Mask<br>Video Games<br>Anime<br>Manga<br>Soda<br>Comics<br>Stuff

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:38 PM

That song was so cool man its alot better with eskara in it! :KS:
Posted Image
I AM THE ULTIMATE KEVIN MASK FAN!

#3 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:39 PM

Well, I'll be damned.

Again I post a humormix, going through great legnths to get it avaible, past my 14.4 limitation, my e-mail's attachment limit being five megs, Jonny's FTP Firewall blocking my ISP or somethingoranother that was circumvented by getting an IP address or somesuch...

And now I've gotten one person who simply complements it. Now, I do thank you for giving the complement, though I've not tried to make the song 'better,' only add some humor to it. This time it's even on a relevant subject to the board.

What am I asking for? Those who can analyze and listen to this two or mabe three times, tell me if my manipulation of Mars's voice in trying to sync it with the song lyrics was sucessful, tell me if the comedic timing is appropriate, tell me if the 'inside joke' was too obvious; not obvious; or incredibly subtle, tell me if the volume of all the Mars clips are appropriate for the effect it seems to intend to give, and tell me if the humormix simply works as a themesong to the Demon Manufacturing Plant.

I was quite proud of how it turned out, and I am literally begging for constructive feedback, whether complementary or not. Critisism of what could be done better would be much appriciated. I hope to use this to learn.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#4 Kevin Mask555

Kevin Mask555

Teh #1 Kevin Mask Fan!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Kevin Mask<br>Video Games<br>Anime<br>Manga<br>Soda<br>Comics<br>Stuff

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:43 AM

Well, I'll be damned.

Again I post a humormix, going through great legnths to get it avaible, past my 14.4 limitation, my e-mail's attachment limit being five megs, Jonny's FTP Firewall blocking my ISP or somethingoranother that was circumvented by getting an IP address or somesuch...

And now I've gotten one person who simply complements it. Now, I do thank you for giving the complement, though I've not tried to make the song 'better,' only add some humor to it. This time it's even on a relevant subject to the board.

What am I asking for? Those who can analyze and listen to this two or mabe three times, tell me if my manipulation of Mars's voice in trying to sync it with the song lyrics was sucessful, tell me if the comedic timing is appropriate, tell me if the 'inside joke' was too obvious; not obvious; or incredibly subtle, tell me if the volume of all the Mars clips are appropriate for the effect it seems to intend to give, and tell me if the humormix simply works as a themesong to the Demon Manufacturing Plant.

I was quite proud of how it turned out, and I am literally begging for constructive feedback, whether complementary or not. Critisism of what could be done better would be much appriciated. I hope to use this to learn.

Well i really dont think it needs any improvement you nailed everything on time it was really great. :notme:
Posted Image
I AM THE ULTIMATE KEVIN MASK FAN!

#5 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:40 PM

Nice music track! Better then my small video! :notme: Haha!
Making more? I know I am (plus pictures)!

#6 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:26 PM

C'mon, ya'll... I know others have opinions of this! I want critisism!

Please?

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

OK, here is some constructive criticism. The voice levels are off. At times it is hard to understand what Mars is saying, over the musci, other times he is too prominent. Also, when Mars is saying "Hah!" or whatever it is in the beginning, he is out of sync. Some of the cuts sound like they were cut off too short. And when Mars is saying DMP, the "TNT" get lowered too much at the "P/T". Almost like you are dropping the slider down to emphasize the P over the T. Blend it a little more.

Basically, I think you did a kick arse job, but like anything else, it could always be improved a little.

#8 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:12 AM

Alright... I agree on the 'Hoy' s at the beginning. That's some tricky manipulation if you don't have the right plugin, namely the same one they used on 'Who let the Dogs Out' 's chorus-- VocAlign. Without that, it's nudging manually until you have it as close as you can get it. I attempted to make it sound like Mars was saying 'Hoy!' with AC~DC... 'twas kinda tough, though.

The 'too low' parts were either A.) Inside, simi-risque jokes[Yea, smart guy *'tail' coughed*], B.) there as a mumble, for reasons of flow, or C.) said really low in the .avi I've got, and to get them louder I'd have to compress and then raise the already-high noise floor with the sound... but that sounds quite bad-- expecially if there's a musical tone underneith. There's a few points where you can hear the background music clash with the actual song, but it's quick and somewhat faint. More of that is more distracting than tuning your ears a little more to Mars's voice. (You can hear a little of this effect in the 'Roman Armies' speech during the bridge, but not a huge amount)

And now here's where I can really explain about the ears! Say 'Pee.' See how it kinda flows after a huff of breath? It's a plosive, and has a lot of power at the beginning that's really more felt than heard. 'Tee' on the other hand, begins hard, harsh, and very brittly(similar to 'Dee,' actually). It totally dominates the plosive's force, and if left at the same level, Mars would sound like he was saying 'DMT.' A bit of compression to take the edge of the 'T' off... still sounds like 'DMT.' I eventually had to essentially limit the 'Tee' s to not go over -35 dB to get the overall effect to be 'Pee' instead of 'Tee.' That, and expanding the 'I'm DE EM PEE!' from the quick way Mars said it in the episode to the Deee Emmm Peee the song requred, were probably the most difficult parts of the mix to do. It's either AC~DC dying off at the end of saying 'DMP' or making Mars say 'DMT.'

The next time I'll pay more attention to the levels of the samples when the music isn't as strong.

Is that all that's immediatly obvious? There's a TON of spots that kinda glare at me as not being done so well... I'm trying to see what 'joe public' would pick up on. This is an educational experience.

:mars:

#9 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

So I thought this was lost forever, never to be heard again.

I was wrong.  I had it burned on a CD by some miracle.  Here it is again!  In full... well, low quality, 'cause this was waaay back when.

Hi, Guys.  I mostly get my Kinniku-fix on Facebook now, thanks to BootlegKeshi and Veer's MUSCLE U.  I mentioned this, and thought I'd look for it.  Hooray for old CDs I didn't throw away.

File.  I didn't upload it right the first time.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com