#1 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 04:46 PM

Im tired of smoking...
I am tired of spending 8.00 a day on ciggs.
Not only is it expensive, it is killing me.
I have 7 ciggs in front of me, along with a joint.
Im drunk and about to give up ciggs.
Tomorrow will be day 1...
Wish me luck....

#2 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 04:54 PM

Good luck, I would've said something early for you to quit. No offence but those figures reeked of it. Youve got alot of cleaning to get rid of that smell in the house. Good luck, now you can spend that money on something usefull, like muscles :blink:

8*7=$56 a week more. Consider that awesome! Plus if you give up your other habbits, imagine adding more to that.
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#3 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:00 PM

Well good luck, I hear that its one of the hardest things to quit. Thats one of the reasons why I dont smoke....and the money thing is a HUGH factor in it too.

Posted Image

#4 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:14 PM

Actually Max, my figures do not wreak...
I keep all of my figures in air tight sealed bags inside of two target bags stored inside of a ceder chest. When I open up my bags of figures they have the original scent. Your tripping....
Tossed my ciggs...

#5 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:19 PM

If you want it bad enough, you can do it. Best of luck to you.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#6 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:23 PM

Well you know how harmful they can do to you too!

Im gonna wish you alot of best luck.... hopefully you will stop....

Smoke= DEATH

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:31 PM

MIWP....
Quit Smoking for 2 reasons......

1. They are bad for your health
2. That is $200 a month you can spend in Kinnikuman figures at the AKIA Store!!!!

#8 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:47 PM

I got some more reasons why you should stop -

Look at Bone Cold *point at her avatar* Yes, I mean him.

Ever wonder why is he always blue and have stitches on his face?

Those are side effects from smoking too much. As you see, if you look closely to my avatar, you should be able to see cigg. on his mouth.

And I'm pretty sure in japanese, he does smoke a lot and I bet that dubbers removed smoking part to make it more proper for Americians to see. (but how would I know? I never watched any of japanese ones)

That's the reason why Bone Cold look so blue. It is from smoking, and I hope you dont really want to look like him (well he's one of my favorite character but hey, he got bones sticking out which make him look more different than you will try to smoke and make yourself blue like he is)

To all smokers: I suggest you should quit. I mean it- Right here, right NOW!
(I mean it...... *evil stare*)

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#9 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:49 PM

Dude, good luck quitting smoking. Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I had the cold sweats, shakes and bad dreams for a couple of days. The physical part ended but the mental part of an addiction to ciggs keeps going much longer than that. I still have dreams where I am smoking ciggs.

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:04 PM

Buy Romandohs, healthier addiction. :blink:

#11 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:10 PM

Buy Romandohs, healthier addiction. ;)

:blink: Wiser words have never been spoken! Of course, it isn't that healthy for you when your wife threatens to kill you because you keep buying an insane amount of Romandohs. Oh well, it is worth tempting the wraith of the wife!

#12 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:20 PM

MIWP

well good for you brotha
I know this was one of the 5 things you hated about yourself
You will thank yourself in the future :blink:
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#13 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:22 PM

i suppose i should comment on this thread, i feel qualified. For my summer job, i am a Behavioral Tech for the Duke Nicotine Research Program. Its kind of neat I work with the guy who invented the nicotine patch. We are running two studies, one of which is a quit study. The unique thing about this study is that we are investigating nicotine free cigarrettes. The nic-free cigarrettes are very helpful for some people who want to quit smoking. The nicotine is only one bad part of the ciggarette, so its not like you could smoke these forever either. But say you combine these with a patch, gradually discontinue the patch, then discontinue the nic-free's it should be a whole lot easier to break the habit for the long term. I couldnt tell you exactly what works the best since that is what we are researching basically. I can tell you that the nic-free cigs are called Quest3's. They make quest1's and quest2's also, they are low and lower levels of nicotine. The benefit of nic-free cigs is that you still get the psychological satisfaction of smoking a cigarette without the physiologically addicting part. I was told that they are doing test markets in only a few states, but if you go online and look for nicotine free cigs or quest, you should be able to order them.

That said, cold turkey works too, my dad did it.

good luck.

Oh and if you want stats on smoking or more info let me know.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#14 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 07:01 PM

:blink: Wiser words have never been spoken!  Of course, it isn't that healthy for you when your wife threatens to kill you because you keep buying an insane amount of Romandohs.  Oh well, it is worth tempting the wraith of the wife!

Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for Romandos! ;)

Posted Image

#15 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:25 PM

Good Luck.

I hope you succeed in extracting all three vices from your life-- if you want to.

I read about those Quest cigarettes in a Wired magazine I saw in the library(it contained articles on the Music industry and MP3 trading). They've got some interesting stories behind them.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#16 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:04 AM

Good luck MIWP! You can do anything, all you have to do is put your mind to it. It's all about will power my friend. :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#17 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:14 AM

Good luck.

If you are saveing that much money your going to be outbidding me on everything now. :lol:
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#18 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:55 AM

Actually Max, my figures do not wreak...
I keep all of my figures in air tight sealed bags inside of two target bags stored inside of a ceder chest. When I open up my bags of figures they have the original scent. Your tripping....

I'm sure he wouldn't lie about it. Maybe you're just used to the smell and you don't notice. So, here's the #1 reason you should stop smoking (besides health, I suppose):

Cigarette smoke destroys a toy collection.

I've seen quite a few Star Wars figures completely ruined by cigarette smoke.
Not only does smoke make toys smell funky, but it also discolors them. Not to sound apocalyptic, but many of the toys you have on display will be discolored within a few years if you don't stop smoking (especially if they're white). Also, carded toys may experience bubble discoloration. All of your toys will probably smell like smoke.

Even if you have them in baggies, baggies aren't completely air-tight, and I'm sure some smoke is getting in there. Also, if you think about it, your baggie is filled with air from your house... which has smoke in it.

I'm not sure whether or not the figures in the baggies will be ruined since the smoke is somewhat "indirect". But if you really want to keep your toys absolutely mint, I would recommend either quitting smoking, or keeping your figures in air conditioned storage off-site.

-Nathan

#19 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:01 AM

Good luck, man. I have a feeling there will be nothing more satisfying to you than quitting smoking, once it's done. There are so many benefits to not smoking, I can't even count them. Anyways, good luck again.

I've tried for years to get my dad to quit, to no avail.
Posted Image

#20 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:27 AM

i just remebered about a doctor that does acupunctor
and he does it behind your ear with a little bit of electricity
It is said to make you stop smoking

I used to know a few contractors at my old job that have had it done I think only one of them started smoking again out of 10 maybe

o well the easiest way to not smoke is to never start thats what I did lol :lol:
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#21 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:33 AM

MIWP, very good to here, i wish you luck in the long and argueous task of quitting a habit.
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#22 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:49 AM

I think you guys are forgetting a lot of points.

1. Smoking looks cool. What badass doesn’t smoke?
2. It helps you catch more of a buzz when you’re drinking.
3. Thin chicks smoke. It’s nice to be able to offer them one, or light one.
4. It gives you something to do when you’re bored.

Seriously I believe that you quit when you are REALLY ready and only then. You can use the patch or gum all you want, but it only works when the person decides it is going to work.

Good luck buddy, but you’re only going to stop if you are 100% ready to stop.

This theory is my personal belief. But I have heard of similar research.

If it makes you feel better there is some research that suggests that smoking does not CAUSE cancer. But I wouldn’t bet MY life on it.

#23 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 10:46 AM

:lol: That was excellent, Veers! And Veers also makes a great point. Speaking from personal experience, you will never quit smoking until you are really ready and truly want to quit. I did it cold turkey. No stinkin' patch or gum for me.

#24 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:09 PM

So how is my first day not smoking?
Good and bad....
I have a pack and have had a few today, good news is I only have one pack, I m going to try and not even finish it. I usually smoke 2 packs a day. Quest, they have them at the stores around here! Im going to get a pack of those tomorrow
instead of my Basic lights. I also have some patches...
Im going to do it slowly, but I am going to do it!
As far as my toy collection, I do not display any of them. I cant because of the smoke. I have turned the white paint on figures yellow! Now my toys are kept in zip locked bags that are wrapped up in target bags, wich are kept uder blankets in a cedar chest. The figures Max Powers got were sitting out waiting to be shipped for a few days, I guess that was not a good idea, sorry for the stinky CCG figs.... I pulled out a few bags of my figures and smelled... My U.M. figures still smell mint and my kinkeshi still smell like yummy kinkeshi, my M.U.S.C.L.E. figures smell like something odd.

#25 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:14 PM

I hope that was sarcastic :lol:
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com