33 replies to this topic

#26 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:57 PM

Ah so that King Goblin I’ve seen around is based on the original mold? That’s pretty awesome. Where could I get a hold of one or were they super limited?

#27 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, Tim Clarke found the original cast, brushed it up a bit and now has them available on his website - totims.com.
Here's an old clip from a site with a little info:

Attached Files

#28 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:39 AM

Cool info mate, yeah they probably had lots of ideas but didn't get round to doing them all.

I was going to get one if these king boglins a while back but put me off that they are bigger & are made of a softer rubber & not like the usual mini boglins.
Also it only come in royal blue or purple which I thought was a bit of a shame considering how many colour variations there could have been. Gold would have been cool.

#29 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:47 AM

He actually also did red and gold, I have the red, but gold is a 'one in 30 chance' of getting one when you buy another colour

#30 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

Oh cool, didn't know about red, that wasnt an option when I looked to purchase one. The gold would be sweet!

#31 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

Just looked on the website & theres a gitd green king now, interesting.

It looks so squishy though!
What's your thoughts on that?

#32 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:50 PM

I mainly collect all the larger boglins so the rubber is preferable to me over plastic. Tim and Clutter didn't find a good material for their harder minis - they stopped making them because only about 1 in 3 came out alright - so it could be one reason they made the King in rubber.

Also, if you want a specific colour of the new boglins Tim will make you one, just got to ask.

#33 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:22 PM

Cool thanks that's pretty sweet about the colour thing but I'll probably leave it for now.

If it was normal mini size & material I would definitely snap one up but I can see it being good for your preference.

I've got 4 of the original large puppets but none others. I did start collecting the smalls, bashems, actions, acrobats & finger boglins at one point but it was getting out of hand! So I sold a lot of them just keeping the 4 big'ns & minis.

Im on the look out for a decent Bog o Bones though as I would like that one, so I've got the 5 then but they're going for quite a bit these days.

#34 Boglinboss

Boglinboss

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:59 AM

Ouch! Cant believe someone clued up enoigh to come on here got caught out. Sorry to hear that dude.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com