WhiteLeo's 2nd Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

All right my fellow Battle Beasters, It has come time for another contest. You ask what you might win? Well, they arn't much but I am offering a Gorilla and a Sheep.

Here is the pic.
Posted Image

Allright, Here is how it works. We are going to go to a score of 20.

All those interested you get 1 point atomaticlly.

First question.
What does my Signature say. 2 Points to the person that figures it out. You have one quess. No multiple posts please.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#2 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

Okay, I'm in. (And that makes one point for me!! :blink: :o )

Anyways, as for what your sig says, here goes:
(And I quote):

qaStaHvIS may' Hegh jup; qaSpa' may', ngeD ngoDvam qawmeH Qu'; qaSpu'DI' may', QatlhchoH. borDurIS tuq

-Hey, you didn't say to translate it! :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

-Hey, you didn't say to translate it! :D

Ok, we have a smart alick on your boards! ;) You know what I ment you goober! :blink:

OK, I will rephrase the question, what is the the Translation of my Sig?

WhiteLeo

Care to try again, Arthur! :o

I will never quit.

#4 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Ok I'm interested! One point! Any hints on the translation?

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

I know, I know! (but you told me what it was, so I'll let someone else answer, hahaha).

#6 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, Sorry Jon! But he does know he is the guy that gave me the idea to put up a contest.

A hint! Huhmmmm...... Ok, It is Klingon! (may') is Klingon for Battle.

That is all I will give.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#7 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:00 PM

One point for me!!! :blink: I'm in!!!!
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#8 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:53 AM

I was thinking that if you pronounced it phonetically it sounded Klingon. Did you "translate" it yourself, or copy it from somewhere?
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#9 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:10 AM

after more than 2 hours of trying to figure this out i kept getting different meanings for several of the words so i gave up. I can't find my klingon dictonary..sigh so heres a completely random guess.
Fire beast wood, wood beats water, water beats fire every time.

#10 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:36 AM

I was thinking that if you pronounced it phonetically it sounded Klingon. Did you "translate" it yourself, or copy it from somewhere?

It is from a Klingon Book, the I.K.S Gorkon. It is a Klingon Saying.

transformersontheshelf - Nice try but that isn't the correct answer.

If everyone gives up. I will reveal the answer in about an hour.

Some help
borDurIS tuq - is not in the book. It means the House of Borders. Borders is my last name.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#11 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:45 AM

No dont do it yet.....
I have a Klingon book at home. Do it later on tonight so I can get a chance to look it up after work.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#12 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:47 AM

No dont do it yet.....
I have a Klingon book at home. Do it later on tonight so I can get a chance to look it up after work.

Ok, no problem! :D I will reveal it later tonight if no one gets it.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#13 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:34 PM

Holy crap I can believe that many people know Klingon.....Did you know that you can Google stuff, IN KLINGON! I was amazed. Here is my guess as close as it will get:
"When an old friend dies in battle;and you hear of it on the bridge of your ship; after the battle, why not me?"

I know it isnt right....but is any of it close? :D I freakin looked FOREVER!
Posted Image

#14 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

Holy crap I can believe that many people know Klingon.....Did you know that you can Google stuff, IN KLINGON! I was amazed. Here is my guess as close as it will get:
"When an old friend dies in battle;and you hear of it on the bridge of your ship; after the battle, why not me?"

I know it isnt right....but is any of it close? :D I freakin looked FOREVER!

yeah, see thats kinda what i found but it was so patchy i couldn't make anything from the battle and bridge part, the klingon google rocked!!!

#15 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

I was using that klingon google too, and I couldn't put it together it was way too choppy, but me also....liked the klingon google. :D
Posted Image

#16 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

i'm in! i love these type of contests.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#17 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:08 PM

Holy crap I can believe that many people know Klingon.....Did you know that you can Google stuff, IN KLINGON!  I was amazed.  Here is my guess as close as it will get:

I know it isnt right....but is any of it close? :D  I freakin looked FOREVER!

Ok, For all the guys that are rattling there heads about this one. Here is the Answer.

CCVegita You got the First part right. And you were close on the second parts.

Here is the Translation

“In battle, friends die. It is easier to remember this before the battle than after the battle.â€￾

Here is the scores!
CCVegita - 2
lazzy lizard - 1
transformersontheshelf - 1
Artimus Prime - 1
tonganbynature - 1
Ghost Lion - 1

I gave CCVegita a half a point for being the closest. Stay tuned for the next question.

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 11 May 2006 - 05:10 AM.

I will never quit.

#18 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:10 PM

that thing is a big pain in the a$$ to try to translate.

=(
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#19 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

Tell me about it.....I probably spent an hour (at work) trying to figure it out. The harder it got, the more it angered me. The more it angered me, the harder I wanted to figure it out. At least I got the begining partially correct. I knew the end was all in shambles. Thanks for the pitty point!
Posted Image

#20 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

All right guys!

Question #2

Ok, I am a pretty huge Mega Man fan. OK of the games at least. How many do I own?

A: 6

B: 7

C: 8

D: 9

Worth one point for each person that gets it right.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#21 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:06 PM

I say C: 8
Posted Image

#22 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

#23 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:53 PM

Ditto. :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#24 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:38 AM

C 8

Here is the scores!
CCVegita - 2
lazzy lizard - 1
transformersontheshelf - 1
Artimus Prime - 1
tonganbynature - 1

Um helloooo....Ghost Lion 1 :D

#25 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:35 AM

i say C:8 as well!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com