Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

FAN ART CHALLENGE 9! Official Poll!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: FAN ART CHALLENGE 9! Official Poll! (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your Favorite RE-ANIMATED BEAST-FORMER!!!

1. ScumDogg - Little Killer Koala (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. ScumDogg - Sir Squirrel Jar (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

3. Ericnilla - Cyber Pirate Leo (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

4. Ericnilla - Steam Punk Pirate Lion (6 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

5. Tortle - Bone Horn Sheep (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

6. Tortle - Family Guy Beasts (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

7. Ghost Lion - Battle Beast Animated Heroes (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

8. Kevin Mayle - Tazered Tarsier Tyrant (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

9. Reccoom Kaboom - Battle Beast Titans (6 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

Vote

#1 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hi, and welcome to the Official Poll for the 9th FAN ART CHALLENGE!

Posted Image

Right now I've set the poll to only one vote, so it's up to a Mod to change that if need be. And Reccoom will decide when the Poll ends! :yucky:

I want a good clean fight! No hitting below the Apron, No name calling, and no throwing Mineral Spirits at other contestants! O.K.!!! Lets get it ON!!!

:DING DING: <--- That's the sound the bell makes. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 05 June 2008 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:33 PM

Even with all the extra time i had to look these over prior to voting, this was undoubtedly the hardest FAC to vote on yet. It's my opinion that a lot of the participants are showcasing their best FAC work yet, all on this page, and i legitimately like every one.

Since i can only vote for one, i gotta go with Tortle's Reanimator-inspired Bighorn Sheep. I love the feel of the spotlight effect combined with how his eye seems to be staring right at the viewer... It's just got that "last thing you're ever going to see" feel, which i find really impressive in a drawing. Truly terrifying. :yucky:

Seriously though, everyone...way to throw down.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#3 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

That was really tough, but I voted for Reccoom.

#4 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:56 AM

Guys, these entires are ALL mind blowing. :yucky:
Posted Image

#5 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

Holy Crap!!!! I got so side tracked with other stuff I totally forgot about the FAC. Damn!!!! Excellent job everyone!!!!

There isn't one peice I don't like. They are all outsanding!!!!

In the end I voted for Ericnilla's cyber leo!!!! Just plain awsome!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#6 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:55 AM

This is the best group of entries I can ever remember seeing. Each one has qualities that make it worthy of winning. I need to really think about it before voting.

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

These were all incredible! In the end, I voted for Kevin's There is just so much energy in that picture! No pun intended.

Don't I owe someone $10 for the last one?

#8 nicodemus

nicodemus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:- * - * - * - * -<br />http://www.oldweiler.com

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:22 AM

Fantastic work guys! All of them are great. :yes:

A couple of the stand-outs for me are Tortle's two pieces (capturing both darkness & humor)...the AMAZING detail in Ericnilla's pieces...Ghost Lion's in-your-face artwork...etc, etc, etc.

In the end though I think I'm voting for Scumdogg's Little Killer Koala. While lacking the detail of some of the competition, I really like the simplicity and layout of the drawing. It captures the action in a nice 'clean' drawing. Very pleasing to look at!

Again...nice work everyone!! Wicked-talent for sure.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:17 AM

This is going to be a close one. I don't think any of the entries have a clear advantage over the others. I ended up going with Steampunk Lion, but I almost went with any of the other ones. Great work, gang! :yes:

#10 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

I need help and I’m being lazy. What was the criteria, or contest idea again?

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

I need help and I’m being lazy. What was the criteria, or contest idea again?

Beastformers portrayed either in an animated style, or as dead animals reanimated by technology.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

Here were the concepts for this contest:

A. dead beastformer animal(s) brought back to life by tech
B. animated-style (cartoon) beastformer(s)
C. a running animation of beastformer(s)

#13 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

I voted for Tortle's 'Family Guy Beasts' entry. Me,being a huge Family Guy fan,this choice was a no-brainer!

#14 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:02 AM

This is the first FAC that every entry got voted on. In the first day too. Definate testament to the amazing art from everyone.
This might be my last one I enter though. I'm starting to get involved in some other art projects that may not leave me enough time for the FACs anymore. If I can continue, I'll try.

#15 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

Ok, so now I’ve got my parameters.

What makes it tough for me is not simply picking the most stunning picture. This contest really leaves itself open to interpretation. Although I feel compelled to make a note about each one.

Koala – Very cute and very charming, but it felt more cute than cartoony.

Squirrel Jar – Just awesome, a really beautiful piece. This felt more steampunk or cyber-controlled, than dead brought to life. It’s like the squirrel is an evil genius stuck in the wrong body, so he made this suit.

Cyber Lion – Another awesome picture, but it felt kind of He-Man to me. It was more sci-fi, and didn’t give me the impression that technology had brought the character back to life. This seemed like a noble warrior with battle scars. And there’s nothing cartoony here – which is good. If they ever made a ThunderCats movie, he should be in it.

Steampunk Lion – Do I have to say stunning again? This is a breathtaking piece. But the character doesn’t feel re-animated or cartoony. This just has that steampunk feel. This character feels really. He would simply exist in another world.

Zombie Sheep – Just awesome to look at. It looks like a cell from a comic book. I really struggled here. Is this a zombie or a dead animal brought back to by technology? In the end it felt more zombie without technology.

Family Guy – Could it get more cartoony? Just a hilarious drawing and painfully clever. This was not my winner for one simple reason, and it is a minor one. They are in a void. It may seem petty, but a little context would have gone a long way for me.

Battle Beast Group – This would make a great comic book cover - Battle Beasts #1. There was one small problem for me, consistency. The bottom three figures feel very cartoony, the elephant has a cartoony body with a pretty realistic head, and the eagle seems to be too different from the other figures. None of them look bad, but they look like they belong in three different books.

Tazer – It looks great and I really like it, but I took away points with the head. It wasn’t clear to me where the head and the “circuits” separated, or were they connected? The confusion took something away for me.

In the end I’m going with Reccoom Kaboom, and here’s why. It feels like the cell of a cartoon. While I was looking at it I thought, “This just feels like one of the Cartoon Network shows, like a Teen Titans or one of those.”

When I looked back at the titles, I was sold. It’s just a fun, cartoony picture with lots of action. I really feel like this is a screen capture from a cartoon.

Again, great job to everyone. This is the first time I felt compelled to give notes on every picture. All of them could be winners. Even if I ranked them there would only be hundredths of a point between first and last.

#16 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

Wow Veers, that is the greatest, most well thought out and informative series of critiques I've ever seen anyone take the time to do. Thanks!

#17 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

This was not my winner for one simple reason, and it is a minor one. They are in a void. It may seem petty

When all the enteries are this good it will always be the little things that separate. Its what keeps our beloved artists on the toes.

I saw this morning and narrowed it down to Kevin Mayle and Reccoom. Both had pics that are possibly my new favorite pieces by them. So I slept on it and it was still almost a coin flip but I went with Kevin Mayle. Great job, brutha.

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

I voted for Reccooms! I love everything about this piece! I love the titans that blend in sort of like a landscape, I love how he portrayed each group of beasts in a different pose to set their groups apart! I love how he left the weapons transparent! An excellent touch! The color choices for the titans and the background did very well not to detract from the Battle Beasts! It was almost like two completely different pieces overlapped! Neither takes away from the other, it's almost like having two perspective views of one scene. Well done!

I have to agree to that everyone dropped the bomb this time around! :yes:

Posted Image

#19 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

wow, we got a good spread this time in the voting... makes it feel more like a contest... so how long is this thing running~?

Edited by Ericnilla, 07 June 2008 - 08:34 AM.

#20 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Standard polls usually run 10 days to two weeks, don't they? Or till Johnny says so? Regardless of who wins, this is an excellent lineup, and I can't wait to see the entries we get to vote on next month!
Posted Image

#21 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

Somebody has an itchy trigger finger! :help: J/K. I actually hope you win this one RK, looks like your nearly neck and neck with Eric. But it could go any direction with just a few more votes from the laggers. :)

Posted Image

#22 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

I voted for Tortle's 'Family Guy Beasts' entry. This choice was a no-brainer!

Diddo.

I don't even know Family Guy,
but I think the Battle beasts look great drawn this way.

Pretty good entries allround, that's for sure, but I went with the most fun to look at imo.

Good stuff Tortle, you should do a couple more beasts this way.

DK.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#23 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

I voted for Tortle's 'Family Guy Beasts' entry. This choice was a no-brainer!

Diddo.

I don't even know Family Guy,
but I think the Battle beasts look great drawn this way.

Pretty good entries allround, that's for sure, but I went with the most fun to look at imo.

Good stuff Tortle, you should do a couple more beasts this way.

DK.

is family guy not shown over there, or do you just not watch it~?

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

Someone using a ISP out of the Provo, Utah area double voted today. Once at 2:00 and another time at 2:13. Looks like a cheater.

Anyone know what the score was prior to the last 2 votes?

#25 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

my anime pirate lion was the only one i think that was voted on... as of last night i had 3 vote's on him... funny thing is i dont know anyone in utah... that im sure of, that is... i used to, but she lives in new mexico now. so i dunno. i hope no one thinks im trying to cheat :mcmadd:

i was excited for a bit tho... not gonna lie.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com