Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

POLL: FAC 11: Battle Beast Mythologies!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: FAC 11: Battle Beast Mythologies (34 member(s) have cast votes)

VOTE!!

1. Cthulhu Battle Beast, by EricNilla (9 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

2. Battle Bigfoot, by Tortle (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

3. Centaur Warrior, by Seres Wyvern (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. Cerberus Battle Beast, by Scumdogg (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. Chaotic Chimera, by dankingery (3 votes [8.82%])

6. Judicious Jackalope, by Reccoom Kaboom (3 votes [8.82%])

7. Cthulhu Laser Beast, by Scumdogg (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Shapeless Shoggoth, by Reccoom Kaboom (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Tiamat, by Tortle (11 votes [32.35%])

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

Vote

#1 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

Okay guys, we had an amazing turnout for this one! I expect to see a record number of votes to acknowledge all the hard work and great ideas that our many talented artists put into this month's competition. Polls close in 7 days. Good luck to everyone!!!

1. Cthulhu Battle Beast, by EricNilla
Attached File  BattleBeastCthulhu_by_Ericnilla.jpg   699.5K   30 downloads

2. Battle Bigfoot, by Tortle
Attached File  battlebigfoot_by_Tortle.jpg   219.49K   14 downloads

3. Centaur Warrior, by Seres Wyvern
Attached File  centaurwarriorjx9_by_Seres_Wyvern.jpg   407.6K   21 downloads

4. Cerberus Battle Beast, by Scumdogg
Attached File  CerberusBB_by_Scumdogg.jpg   231.65K   16 downloads

5. Chaotic Chimera, by dankingery
Attached File  ChaoticChimera_by_dankingery.jpg   382.82K   19 downloads

6. Judicious Jackalope, by Reccoom Kaboom
Attached File  judiciousjackalope_by_recoomkaboom.jpg   58.42K   9 downloads

7. Cthulhu Laser Beast, by Scumdogg
Attached File  LaserBeastCthulhu_by_Scumdogg.jpg   668.58K   16 downloads

8. Shapeless Shoggoth, by Reccoom Kaboom
Attached File  shapelessshoggoth_by_ReccoomKaboom.jpg   95.23K   16 downloads

9. Tiamat, by Tortle
Attached File  tiamat_by_Tortle.jpg   289.52K   60 downloads
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#2 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:24 AM

This is the first time this contest has been painfully easy for me to decide. It is also the first time I will lump all of my critiques into a summary. All but one of the drawings are simply stunning static pictures. They are detailed, interesting, clever, and simply topnotch.

However, there is one that clearly distinguishes itself. While the others are perfect drawings, paintings, etc. this one is a fun piece of art – Tiamat by Tortle.

Here is why I voted for Tortle’s Tiamat. It is not the best drawing (although it is very good), but it is the only one that elicits a response. Sure the other drawings may elicit jealously (damn, I wish I could do that) or awe (that looks awesome), but this provides an opportunity to laugh or cheer based on the situation. Do you root for Muscleman or the Tiamat? Is it comical? Is it serious? What do I see?

I’ve noticed that some of the less technically skilled artists have seemingly disappeared. I hope my vote encourages some of them to come back. The art doesn’t have to be technically the best (of course it never hurts) but the overall package is most important.

As always, great job to everyone. This is probably the most stunning group of entries. But, for me, this was the easiest vote ever. Nicely done Tortle!

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:21 AM

This was a hard vote. I was torn between Eric's Cthulu, Scummy's Cerebus, Tortle's Tiamat and Reccoom's Jackalope.
In the end, Nate's piece won me over, as it did Veers, due to the fun effect (gotta love Muscleman using Pirate Lion's sword, too :acute:). That is what put it over the top for me.

Awesome work guys!

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

gotta love Muscleman using Pirate Lion's sword, too

I actually thought it was supposed to be Crystar's sword. :acute:

#5 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

After much deliberation i voted for Dan's Chaotic Chimera. I intended to vote for this one from the moment it was posted, and it managed to ride out all other competition and hold my interest. It's a spectacular bit of creature design, there's just so much going on there. The pose and expression are great, and i love that staff like nobody's business. I have only one small complaint and that is that i wish it was in color. And as soon as i get my printer fixed up, i intend to remedy that. :acute:

Veers mentioned a lot of artists dropping out for this one, and i agree. We had TWO first time entrants, and double entries by three artists. This should have been a record-breaking number of entries, but a lot of people seem to have taken a pass for some reason. Not much excuse for that, especially with the new two-month window. I know people get busy, but not for two solid months. Let's step back up next time, people. :wacko:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#6 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:20 PM

My first choice was Reccoom's Jackalope. Always hated the Dave Coulier character, but Reccoom's drawing had so much character and was drawn in a really appealing style.
Then I was going to vote for Scumdogg's Cerberus. The composition of that picture just won me over.
Then Seres Wyvern came out of nowhere with that expertly rendered Centaur Warrior. She definately nailed my vote.
That was until the last minute, Tortle drops in a masterpiece. You can tell a lot of effort went into that picture and none of it was wasted. That is a great example of a fully realized, complete picture.
And that Muscleman with sword and shield (I thought it was Crystar's sword too) would make an awesome toy!

#7 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Voted for Battle Bigfoot-Tortle, overall I think I just enjoyed the background/fun take on the familiar his Tiamat was also an excellent piece.

Seres, I'm exited to see whats in store for future contests, your Cenataur warrior looks awesome

Everybody else good job despite most of the rest of the entries being in black and white none of them seem static.

#8 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

none of them seem static.

You're probably right. Maybe I should have said isolated or naked or stark?

I'm not sure of the right word to convey my impression.

Edited by General Veers, 06 August 2008 - 07:20 AM.

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:03 AM

Thanks for the compliments, gang! I'm glad you like it. ;)

Although everyone did an amazing job, I voted for Centaur Warrior. I like the take on the armor design (especially the mask), and the coloring technique with the pencils gave it an interesting feel and texture.

#10 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

Wow, i am glad i did a follow-up entry. Didn't expect my version of Cthulhu to get his trash kicked quite so hard. ;)

Tortle, you're gonna have to give me some watercolor lessons or something, or i'm going right back to markers. :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#11 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

none of them seem static.

You're probably right. Maybe I should have said isolated or naked or stark?

I'm not sure of the right word to convey my impression.

I didn't even read your comment before posting, :thanks:
But what ever you decide to use let me know because I had a similar viewpoint, a bunch of awesome drawings but couldn't compete with Tortles pics bursting with color and backgrounds, ect.

#12 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

I went with Erics on this one. His art to me is just effing amazing. So real looking as if there was really such a creature. I will admit to not voting on a couple of his pieces in the past for this same reason, the baby pirate lion for example, was just too creepy hahaha. The only thing I wish is that he would put a little color into his pieces. I was torn between three peices on this vote, and had he colored it, it would have been no contest for me.

Anyways, I chose his cause I thought it was amazing. Seres and Tortle were really close behind in my vote.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

yeah damn Nate and finishing a drawing :lol:

i cant get passed my pencils i just love pencil so much, i think it would change what im trying to depict (crazy as that might sound)

#14 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

Actually it might be cool for you to color one just to push yourself. Isn't that what you art people always do?

Just so it's clear, I'm really encouraging you to do it. I'd be really interested in seeing it – good, bad, or otherwise.

#15 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

i'll try real hard to color this one... at least ink it, and if anything a photoshop color job...

im making your pic my top priority right now. so hopefully i'll have it done ina few days. Promise~! sorry for the delay. life sucks sometimes.

Edited by Ericnilla, 07 August 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

Two fraudulent votes from a dup IP. This is annoying that some people think that their votes should count more than once. :lol:
Not sure who they voted for though.

#17 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

was it the same person from utah again~?

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Nope, different continent, this time.
No biggie, it's just annoying.

On the positive side of things, there are new users (yes, actual new users, I verified IP's) who are registering an account just to vote. The FAC is bringing some of the long time lurkers on board! ;)

#19 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

yay cool

i know there has to be many people out there that collect. they keep out bidding me on ebay. ;)

and different continent~? crazy

Edited by Ericnilla, 07 August 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#20 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

Nope, different continent, this time.
No biggie, it's just annoying.

On the positive side of things, there are new users (yes, actual new users, I verified IP's) who are registering an account just to vote. The FAC is bringing some of the long time lurkers on board! ;)

And possibly some new artists!

As a side note, I got the blank patches in, and the mythologies logo will be on a 4" round patch with a yellow border. that's about 3-4 times bigger than the first 3 patches!
Posted Image

#21 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:36 PM

well, you all finally did it to me. i had to resort to witchcraft to vote this month. there was no way i could pick just one, so i assigned each entry a number, 1-9, and took a ten sided die and rolled it three times, averaged the number and came up with 4.3. in other words i voted for scumdogg's cerberus battle beast. originally i was planning on voting for scumdogg's cthulhu just because the amount of work that went into it. then ericnilla throws up not only a kickass sketch but also a super cool final drawing of cthulhu. i was really lost when seres wyvern added her centaur. then tortle decides he needs to add a masterpiece inspired by something i said in the original thread. there was no way for me to decide. i loved every entry. you guys kill me. but i can't think of a better way to get lost than staring at all these wonderful entries.

if this is the way all the contests are going to go, i'm going to be jonesing for the next contest like a crack addict.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#22 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

oh man. ericnilla's making a comeback. this truly is the greatest contest in the history of mankind. well, there were some other ones that came pretty close, but this is still great.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#23 Seres Wyvern

Seres Wyvern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Macro photography, scientific illustration, coin collecting.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

Seres, I'm exited to see whats in store for future contests, your Cenataur warrior looks awesome

I'm trying to make this my "get-out-laziness" to start my new semester in my university full of energy! :D :D :D :cry:

Thanks again for the words! You all!! :D

My vote is for the Cerberus, because that B&B stunned me!!! The trace just make me want to make a giant poster of it! Wonderful!
Posted Image

#24 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

I voted for Tortles Tiamat piece, with Seres Wyvern's Centaur a close second.

Great work in this contest, but I wonder why nobody did a Godzilla?
Maybe Gabe could do one of those huh! :D :)

Greetz y'all, DK.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#25 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

darn i thought i was gonna make a comeback... oh well... voting ends tonight right~?

:)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com