Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

POLL-FAC 13: Oddball

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: FAC 13: ODDBALL (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote!

1. 1) The Tasties, by Airot (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. 2) Dwork, by Dankingery (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. 3) Madblokz, by Reccoom Kaboom (10 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

4. 4) Drak of the Disgustings, by Scumdogg (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

5. 5) 80's Cartoon Madballs, by Tortle (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

6. 6) Roadkill Rabbit Madball, by Wrath1104 (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote

#1 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:04 AM

Alright everyone, sorry for dropping the ball on this one, but better late than never! Here's the Poll for FAC 13: Oddball! It'll run for a week, as per usual. Good luck to all the entrants!!

1) The Tasties, by Airot
Chief Blarg, he's got a taste for adventure (the green one)
Spy Blerk, caught by surprise (the pink one)
Messenger Blonk, won't tell a soul (the black one)
Scout Blum, deliciously engaged (the beige one)
Attached File  Airot_s_Boglins__The_Tasties.jpg   109.87K   22 downloads

2) Dwork, by Dankingery
Attached File  Dankingery__Dwork.jpg   802.56K   15 downloads

3) Madblokz, by Reccoom Kaboom
Attached File  Reccoom_Kaboom__madblokz.jpg   1.07MB   32 downloads

4) Drak of the Disgustings, by Scumdogg
Attached File  Scumdogg__Drak.jpg   171.4K   12 downloads

5) 80's Cartoon Madballs, by Tortle
Attached File  Tortle__80smadballs.jpg   237.38K   27 downloads

6) Roadkill Rabbit Madball, by Wrath1104
Attached File  Wrath1104__Roadkill_Rabbit.jpg   259.25K   18 downloads

Edited by Scumdogg, 08 October 2008 - 07:05 AM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#2 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

Good job Airot and Reccoom Kaboom on stretching the limits of FAC nice use of diffrent media, as strong as entries as always from Scumdogg and Tortle, and Dankingery I love the approach you took and except for the lack of eyeballs yours would be the one most likely to be hung up on my wall if it was a poster.

However I Wrath1104 "Roadkill Rabbit", I don't know if its my love of Donnie Darko or my love of the Sam Keiths "Maxx" but whatever it is I like it the best. It might have benifitted from me not seeing until I opened this thread as well.

#3 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

Wow. I'm blown away by the Madblox and by the 80's Madballs; I'm going to have to take some time to decide on this one!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:22 AM

I'm always impressed with the entries. We simply have wonderful artists entering the competitions lately. I had to go back and look at the contest rules (it sounds like Reccoom knew what he was doing from the start). Once I really understood the focus, my vote was easy.

1) The Tasties, by Airot
These look great. The texture on the green one is great, and the face on the black one is really expressive. I don’t know the Boglin line, but these characters seem like they could fit right in.

2) Dwork, by Dankingery
Nice Warhol! I think this is a fun idea, and nicely executed. It's important to click on the thumb, because it looks much better at full size. This is another example of an entry not getting my vote, simply on preference. I would have liked to have seen a great color range. There are three blue backgrounds, and the blue figure gets a bit lost on the blue background. These colors look nice together, but some yellows and organs might heave helped to break things up for me.

4) Drak of the Disgustings, by Scumdogg
I can tell Scumdogg took his time (or he's fooled me). This picture has really great balance and proportions. With the weird shape of the figure the arms, tail, and brains could have ended up looking weird – but they look great. I also liked the whitish lips and veins(?), both were great details.

5) 80's Cartoon Madballs, by Tortle
This was right up Tortle's alley – zombies, madballs, and 80's toys. The look, and even the names, of these are all great. There were two things that held me up on voting for Tortle's entry: (1) the names; and (2) Leo. I loved Tortle's names, but two of them didn't really jive for me. Scabby Skeletor didn't have any scabs and Optimus Slime could have had a bit more slime. Minor, I know, but it swayed my vote. The second was Leo as a baseball. The head is naturally a bit oblong, so it would have been nice to see him as a football. Again, minor – but I'm just sharing my thought process.

6) Roadkill Rabbit Madball, by Wrath1104
This has a great look to it. It was kind of cool to see someone simply snap a picture of their drawing a send it in. This is another one that had great balance and proportions. The rabbit really looks appropriately spaced, which makes such a world of difference. It was also interesting to see a Madball that wasn't just a face.

But my winner was:
3) Madblokz, by Reccoom Kaboom
This immediately connected with me. I am simply in love with people that take known things, make a simple tweak, and completely reinvigorate it. Not only is it a great idea, but amazing execution. The drawing is just top-notch. I think this is such a good entry that it could stand-up in an art gallery.

#5 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

I went with Tortle's 80's Madballs. Very clean, creative, and very well executed.

#6 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Optimus Slime could have had a bit more slime.

I haven't quite decided on who to cast my vote for yet, but i just wanted to say thank you Veers, for always taking the time to do these write-ups. I really appreciate knowing that people don't just gloss over all the entries, and lines like the one i've quoted above make the write-ups as anticipated for me as the entries themselves. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#7 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

i think all the entries for this one have been great.

its such a shame the tasties are made of plasticine (they are cool tho). make some more out of fimo or summing!

the mad blocks are mega cool, i would would like to print off in colour and have a set of my own. they are sorta papercraft like jkaris mentioned the other day. i think even non madball fans would really enjoy them too.

i did vote for scumdogg, as a fan of mini boglins its really pleasing to see such a talented artist producing something that i wish i could do myself.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#8 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

this one was real easy for me. reccoom-kaboom's madblokz was a no brainer. i remember doing similar block projects in school and getting seams to match up can be quite the pain in the ass. all you have to do is look at hornhead to appreciate the skill and attention to detail it took to create that. these are worthy of a gallery exhibit.

not to say that i don't like everyone else's entries, because i do like them all. well, maybe not mine so much, but everyone else's. :lol:

my sister airot's sculptures were a nice change of pace. the addition of sculpture was a great addition to the contest. scumdogg can still do no wrong in my book. he's got some of the tightest and cleanest coloring i've ever seen. tortle's creativity is never lacking. these look like an actual product line that never was, but should have been. i love the shading on road kill rabbit by wraith1104. it looks like a product rendering you might see in an advertising package.

these contests are my second favorite thing about this website, second only to my friends here. every month everyone does such a great job.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#9 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

Amazing and creative entries all around! I also found the sculpture and paper craft to be a cool, creative spin on the FAC.

I voted for Reccoom for his ability to think outside the "balls."

:lol:
Posted Image

#10 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

i think soupie just wanted to say balls. :lol:

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#11 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

BOW DOWN to TORTLE !!!!
He is the best artist on LRG !!!!
Awesome job bro !!!!

#12 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

Two more days to vote! Come on, we should have at least 30 here!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

Okay, that'll about do it for voting this time around! Congrats to Reccoom Kaboom, our winner with 10 votes!!

Vote!
1) The Tasties, by Airot [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
2) Dwork, by Dankingery [ 1 ] ** [4.55%]
3) Madblokz, by Reccoom Kaboom [ 10 ] ** [45.45%]
4) Drak of the Disgustings, by Scumdogg [ 2 ] ** [9.09%]
5) 80's Cartoon Madballs, by Tortle [ 4 ] ** [18.18%]
6) Roadkill Rabbit Madball, by Wrath1104 [ 2 ] ** [9.09%]
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com