#1 OctopusMan

OctopusMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:35 AM

Hi there,

I recently came into my first Part 30 fig and the product description didn't mention the color and it looked pretty much like Flesh in the picture. It could have been the camera flash. I'm not upset since I got it for a great price and will keep (or trade).

Is there a way to tell if a fig is Red or Flesh from the picture? The first option should always be "ask the seller", but in the event you can't wait or get a response, what do you do?

Can I jack up the saturation in photoshop and a Red would like different from Flesh? I will do this myself when I have some time this weekend and I will post the results here.

I'm avoiding sharing the picture in question for privacy reasons but it looks pretty much what you'd expect.

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:55 AM

Lots of comparison pics here:

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=28660

The kinkeshi red is very different from kinkeshi flesh. Unless the lighting is really off, it would be hard to get them mixed up.

Disclaimer: That thread is 11 years old. Don't pay attention to any figure valuations there, as they will be a decade old.

#3 OctopusMan

OctopusMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:40 PM

Well, normally I’d agree with you. Anyway, here is the picture that was in the ad. Do you think Red is what is depicted or Flesh? Was I sent Red because this is Red or was it a mistake or are they trying to send me Red because they didn’t want to sell me the Flesh for so cheap?
Guess I could ask them.

Attached Files

Edited by OctopusMan, 22 December 2020 - 06:41 PM.

#4 OctopusMan

OctopusMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:46 PM

This is what came. I sent the seller a message asking what color it is.

It does look more flesh in the photo than in real life.

Flesh next to Red.

Attached Files

#5 OctopusMan

OctopusMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:52 PM

I bumped up the saturation and lowered the brightness.
The Red one definitely appears to be Red, while the Flesh doesn’t look like it is Red like the Red one.
I think when in doubt, lower the brightness or up the saturation to confirm Flesh vs. Red if there’s doubt.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:01 AM

Definitely red. It does look flesh at first glance in that pic though. But more MUSCLE flesh instead of keshi flesh. Kinkeshi flesh is a lighter hue.

Make sure to get a pic of the back, too. To make sure it isn't a reissue. Looks original, but you never know.

#7 OctopusMan

OctopusMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:20 AM

Back! Yes, I quite like the washed-out, lighter, kinkeshi flesh.

Attached Files

#8 OctopusMan

OctopusMan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:46 AM

Make sure to get a pic of the back, too. To make sure it isn't a reissue. Looks original, but you never know.

All of the reprints have China on the back whether part of the 4xx lot or the ones here: https://www.bandai.c...&sort=z#result.

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:40 PM

Well, normally I’d agree with you. Anyway, here is the picture that was in the ad. Do you think Red is what is depicted or Flesh? Was I sent Red because this is Red or was it a mistake or are they trying to send me Red because they didn’t want to sell me the Flesh for so cheap?
Guess I could ask them.

yeah sometimes its trickery from the seller, but this looks Red to me as well, definitely red.

Sometimes its hard to distinguish, but most kinkeshi flesh is very light.

Sometimes what the price is at is a good example, you wont find a flesh selling at a red price,Its just not gonna happen unless its a Buy it now price.

All of the reprints have China on the back whether part of the 4xx lot or the ones here: https://www.bandai.c...&sort=z#result.

And Jkaris knows all about reprints, he was just saying from the front sometimes some figures can come across a certain way, especially in bad lighting. Your figure is obv real.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com