• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#51 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'll try to pick some up tonight but if they won't sell them there won't be much I can do. They were already suspicious of me pulling them all off the shelf and looking for the ones I wanted once a week lol
Demon

#52 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

They were already suspicious of me pulling them all off the shelf and looking for the ones I wanted once a week lol

They'll get over it.  I hate it when retailers get all creepy when you're trying to search for something.  It's like, do you want to make a sale here or what?

#53 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

Too bad they didnt have some painted ones as premiums but the mono figs have that vintage look that is unexplainably more appealing. 

Oh yeah, for me all minifigures look better in mono.  Highlights details better.  Paints muddle things up (ie Minikins).

I think you are right on with the Juggy actually being Luchador.

Overall, I am very surprised Top Toupie did not garner more attention at this site.  It had all the qualities fans here find endearing.  Weird, curious characters with detailed sculpting.  Hell, they even met the "official" criteria perfectly (monochromatic, nonarticulated, less than 1").  Then again, the window of opportunity was not open long.  They were also easily overlooked.  The first time I went to look for them, I walked past them about 3 times before finally focussing in on them.  Thanks again Bachamn for making us aware of these.  I do not think I would have ever looked closely enough to notice that the Beyblade rip offs had cool minfigs in-pack!

To think, there probably is a gaping landfill ditch waiting to swallow up this "contraband" and bury the danger they hold in the earth forever.  Hey, that would make for a great storyline if they ever get a shot at reproduction!  Creatures banished to the Earth's core as a death sentence for the dangers they threatened upon mankind use their drill vehicles to burrow back to the surface and reemerge as a horde of vengeful beasts!

#54 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Snapped a pic of the carded pack in my shopping cart just before they got pulled from my purchase. Just for historical purposes.

Attached File  toupie-tops_carded.jpg   243.61K   64 downloads

Thanks again Bachamn for making us aware of these.  I do not think I would have ever looked closely enough to notice that the Beyblade rip offs had cool minfigs in-pack!

Well technically Frank (fkro/Little Weirdos) brought them up, I had initially created this thread for the little MMA figurines and the wrestling ring and had walked past the Toupies on the shelf multiple times without even noticing them just like you :)

I'm also a little surprised that more people didn't catch on to them here; though based on the fact that the checklist posted here came from an external source (FB group or something, not sure) obviously some people took to them :)

Edited by bachamn, 06 June 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#55 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

Snapped a pic of the carded pack in my shopping cart just before they got pulled from my purchase. Just for historical purposes.

attachicon.giftoupie-tops_carded.jpg

Well technically Frank (fkro/Little Weirdos) brought them up, I had initially created this thread for the little MMA figurines and the wrestling ring and had walked past the Toupies on the shelf multiple times without even noticing them just like you :)

I'm also a little surprised that more people didn't catch on to them here; though based on the fact that the checklist posted here came from an external source (FB group or something, not sure) obviously some people took to them :)

Ooo, and it was Minotaur!

Well, I got the headsup from you.  So thank you.

I also ended up getting 2 of the miniwrestlers with ring.  The blue clown dude and the Jake The Snake alternate version were appealing to me.

#56 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

Haha weird

#57 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

I know quite a few people that went after the Top Toupie figs, but with only 18 figs, they got their sets fast, Like I did.

Would be cool if they did another wave of figs.

#58 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

well DT has been dead for a while since the recall of Toupie figs, but I did happen to find some cool little 1" dino figures in the stretchy toys the other day. Nice bright neon colors, and quite detailed little sculpts too. If they were solid enough rubber to stand they would fit in great with the Hardees Dinos in a display. There was another four pack of different dinos as well I believe, and each in varying colors.

Oh and upon putting them on a hot glass table to take a pic, I was surprised to see they also change colors quite nicely. Not bad for $1 :)

Attached File  IMG_20140719_123115.jpg   331.45K   31 downloads

Edited by bachamn, 26 July 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#59 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

I found some fun little rubber dinos at Dollar Tree; these 'Dinosaur Ooze' figures were new to my store yesterday. I feel like I've seen these little skeletal dinos somewhere before in a capsule machine or something. 

dino-ooze-01.jpg

I saw 7 sculpts in all and picked up 4 but will probably go get the rest. A few like the ceratops and apatosaurus were very sparse (like 2 of 50 on the shelves) but this may just be coincidence. The 'ooze'  comes in green, yellow, pink, and blue and is the malleable putty-like stuff that's seen a lot of usage of late in the slime-toy world.

As a bonus, they make great companion figures for Bone Age cave men. :)

dino-ooze-02.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 06 October 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#60 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

These Ja-Ru 'Ice Age' dinosaurs just showed up at my local Dollar General stores. They're the same sculpts as the generic plastic dinos they've had in stores for some time now, only instead of opaque with crappy paint these are translucent mono so they definitely appeal to me. The sculpt quality is also noticeably better than the Toysmith dinos that were posted about recently.

1ef7e0f299aa355d058f4295372915ea.jpg

Each comes in a pack of four, and there are four colors (orange, blue, red, green). There appears to be 12 sculpts in all, each coming in two of the possible colors. I've bought five packs and since there are four sculpts I only have in one color, it seems there is a sixth packing assortment I've not found. Following the pattern, this would be red apatosaurus, orange gallimimus, green pachycephalosaurus, and blue styracosaurus; if anyone can find this missing pack please let me know.

MIMP dinos are for scale, and fun ;)

ice-age-dinos-1.jpg

ice-age-dinos-2.jpg

ice-age-dinos-3.jpg

ice-age-dinos-4.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 11 January 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#61 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for alerting me to this post.  A couple things:

1) I was not a part of this list when the Toupie Figs came out at Dollar Tree.  I did however get 3 or 4.  I think the first DT that I went to had only 3 sculpts in one color each, but I suspected there were more.  One or two days later I went to a different DT and there were none.  I assumed they just hadn't gotten their shipment -- or hadn't unboxed them yet -- so I went back to the first DT and they were gone.  An employee told me they had been recalled. I am pretty sure I have the boxing kangaroo.  I will try to find them, and add a picture -- and also trade them to someone who needs them.

2) Maybe you've discovered this also, but the transparent "ooze" that those skeletal dinos come in at DT is perfect for cleaning dust off of toys and other displayed objects.  It is a "putty" and not a "slime" -- you push it into the joints and details of your toys and it picks up all the dust.  It does not stick to the object, break apart, or leave behind any residue.  It is the best method of cleaning dust that I have ever found. Just thought I'd share. :)

3) I've seen the translucent dinos at DG, but I personally decided to skip them once I realized (or assumed based on packs present) that you could not complete a set of all sculpts in all colors.  Or even all sculpts in any given color.  Just something bothersome to me. 

Edited by steverotters, 11 January 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#62 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Bachamn, what material are those translucent dinos? They look great.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#63 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Stupid thumbs just left a -1 rep point for PhantomEye..... My bad, Phantom. My bad.

Edit: Fixed you up with some +1's from other posts you made!

Edited by Sixthwizard, 11 January 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#64 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

Toupie Figs...An employee told me they had been recalled. 

yeah, I had already secured a set of them from trades and such on here since my store only got about 4-5 of the sculpts, but when I heard someone post on here that they were being recalled I went to pick up what remained and they were all yanked, except for a few on a secondary aisle (my DT is very disorganized. But tried tobuy them and when the clerk rung them up, the register beeped and she said she couldn't sell them to me. I imagine somewhere in rural Kentucky there was a confused doctor pulling a toupie minotaur out of some kid's nose.

the transparent "ooze" that those skeletal dinos come in at DT is perfect for cleaning dust off of toys and other displayed objects.

that's a great idea I hadn't thought of yet! I have plenty of it so I'll give it a shot later on a few of my Beasts who need a dusting (I need better shelving).

I have a bit of a slime collection, most of which I don't open, but I stumbled into that stuff in the 'spider ooze' they have at TRU and various other places (believe DT even had it). I like it because it's sculptable so it's great for photos. Traditional slime is hard to photograph well because it doesn't stay put or 'drip' for very long. I've found this stuff even works well as a cheap make-shift color gel for my camera's flash ;)

I personally decided to skip them once I realized (or assumed based on packs present) that you could not complete a set of all sculpts in all colors.  Or even all sculpts in any given color.  Just something bothersome to me. 

haha totally feel you on that. I was a bit irked when I realized they only came in two colors each, but the colors are really vivid, and the pterodactyls sold it for me for whatever reason. 

Bachamn, what material are those translucent dinos? They look great.

they're plastic, a little bendy but mostly rigid. like what you'd expect from run-of-the-mill plastic dinos. Standing is only an issue for 2 of th 20 I currently have (wonky/bent leg). Most of them are solid. 

I'd be elated if they were the soft-ish translucent plastic like the Beast Saga kabaya minis, but seems that's not a very popular material over here. I never see it.

#65 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

they're plastic, a little bendy but mostly rigid. like what you'd expect from run-of-the-mill plastic dinos. Standing is only an issue for 2 of th 20 I currently have (wonky/bent leg). Most of them are solid. 

I'd be elated if they were the soft-ish translucent plastic like the Beast Saga kabaya minis, but seems that's not a very popular material over here. I never see it.

Thanks. It seems like most of the figures that are made in clear/translucent colors these days are that squishy/stretchy material, so at least it's not that. If I come across these I'll definitely grab a few packs.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#66 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

This thread has been dead for a while, so I'm going to bend the rules with a cheap find from Target. There are new assortments of Toysmith figures in the "$1-3 section" near the entrance of most Target stores. These are similar to the ones we saw last year but this time there are different dinosaurs, a wild animals set, and a faeries bag that come in the pink/purple like the ponies from last wave. This time the figures also come with little scenery pieces !

gieu2aD.jpg

Overall a really great deal for a buck. The scaling is all over the place but some of the dinos actually look pretty decent (compared to the ones from last year)

EndPWGX.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 08 April 2015 - 09:37 PM.

#67 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

Went by and they had the green and orange ones at my store, and about 8-9 different sculpts. All of the bubbles had the figures inside:

toupie.jpg

I picked up these:

toupie2.jpg

Might go back and get the Mummy. Sadly, there was no Minotaur or any of those cool Japanesey sculpts like the Sumo or Ninja. The only orange ones were the pirate and I believe a knight (most were facing away from the front of packaging)

Hey I have been looking all over for these...what town/city did you find them in? I've been striking out....although I did get the set of growing robots...those are pretty great. 

#68 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Crap, nevermind...just saw where you mentioned a recall on them. No wonder I could never find any!

#69 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

Crap, nevermind...just saw where you mentioned a recall on them. No wonder I could never find any!

yeah, after someone reported they were being recalled I went and tried to pick up the last few they had in the store but they wouldn't ring up. Clerk said she couldn't sell them to me. 

#70 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

This thread has been dead for a while, so I'm going to bend the rules with a cheap find from Target. There are new assortments of Toysmith figures in the "$1-3 section" near the entrance of most Target stores. These are similar to the ones we saw last year but this time there are different dinosaurs, a wild animals set, and a faeries bag that come in the pink/purple like the ponies from last wave. This time the figures also come with little scenery pieces !

gieu2aD.jpg

Overall a really great deal for a buck. The scaling is all over the place but some of the dinos actually look pretty decent (compared to the ones from last year)

EndPWGX.jpg

These were actually offered in tubs at Family Dollars and Dollar Generals, for like $5, about a year and a half ago. They were all in more muted colors though. The brighter colors suit them well.

#71 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

yeah, after someone reported they were being recalled I went and tried to pick up the last few they had in the store but they wouldn't ring up. Clerk said she couldn't sell them to me. 

I bet that includes Ebay as well. I have not found any for sale on there and I know they won't deal in other banned/recalled toys. Oh well...they are neat but not to the point of desperation! 

#72 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:07 AM

I bet that includes Ebay as well. I have not found any for sale on there and I know they won't deal in other banned/recalled toys. Oh well...they are neat but not to the point of desperation! 

hah yeah, I had some Shrek II glass from Burger King that I tried selling and it got pulled. Apparently there was lead in the paint and it got recalled. Good thing I never drank out of the thing, I had no idea

#73 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:13 AM

The Dollar Trees around me (around 6 in this area) all seem to have the spinning top 'Bey Blade' things.  They have heads and torsos kind of like the older Shogun Warriors.   Anyone seen these?

I can go grab a case, if there is any interest...

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#74 plasticfiend

plasticfiend

Balloon SPECIALIST!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts
  • Interests:BALLOONS - MUSCLES - COMICS - NINTENDO - TOYS in general...

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

The Dollar Trees around me (around 6 in this area) all seem to have the spinning top 'Bey Blade' things.  They have heads and torsos kind of like the older Shogun Warriors.   Anyone seen these?

I can go grab a case, if there is any interest...

Yep! Saw them at the local one just the other day. Anyone know how many are in a set?

PF

Feel free to take a look at our FB and Instagram pages... for an example of out balloon work!!

Also, we are trying to get our FB page to 500 likes by the end of OCT 2014, if you like our designs, please help us out! Thanks! And ANY LRGers - feel free to make a balloon REQUEST and we will see what we can post on your behalf!

www.MadCapBalloons.com

www.facebook.com/MadCapBalloons

www.instagram.com/MadCapBalloons

#75 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

Always a good time bumping this thread. This time I found some "Mini Adventure Pals" keshi dinosaurs from Imperial at my local Fred Meyer. So not a dollar store find, but they were priced at $1 in the cheap toys section, so close enough right?

These are all sculpts we've seen from Imperial before in plastic format but these are shrunk down to be very, very tiny. Brown Lion for scale.

Attached File  IMG_20151203_084634.jpg   118.06K   11 downloads Attached File  IMG_20151203_090318.jpg   102.86K   12 downloads Attached File  IMG_20151203_085137.jpg   69.73K   10 downloads

I got the last one of the shelf out of a display box of 24, so they're popular too! ;)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com