62 replies to this topic

#26 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

that blue guy has GOT to be a TMNT companion fig. (either way he is awesome)
but i have yet to find him, i DID find out about a bunch that i've never seen or heard of before,,,
Ruff the ref who came w/ halfcourt,
Harey the beefed up bunny w/ Mighty Bebop,
Nutty the squirrely sidekick w/ rhinoman
Patriotic parrot w/ supermike
and i thought i was totally onto something with this one but no luck,, Tadpole w/ super don.
that blue guy sure could be a tadpole, but he isnt the one that comes w/ super don.

hope someone figures this out.

#27 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

Wow a real mystery :o I thought sure someone would have figured it out by now :D

I had thought maybe another Playmates line from around the some time as the Turtles (with companion figs) but didn't have any luck there either.

Soupie - let me know if you want a better picture for Toypedia.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#28 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

but i have yet to find him, i DID find out about a bunch that i've never seen or heard of before,,,
and i thought i was totally onto something with this one but no luck,, Tadpole w/ super don.
that blue guy sure could be a tadpole, but he isnt the one that comes w/ super don.

Nice spot on Ruff the Ref S4P, I now have one on order, thanks for the heads up :huh:

I also have Tad Pole, P Parrot and Nutty on the way - I narrowly missed out on the awesome Harey :D so he's now on my hit list. Interestingly these 4 companion figures from the Sewer Super Heroes range were available in various colors (Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple). Also if anyone is thinking of picking these up MIP, look closely at the picture - not all releases of Sewer Super Heroes included the the sidekicks.

There was also a Sunflower character that came with Rock n Roll Mondo Gecko - very cool.

I wonder if the blue snake guy came with a vehicle? That would explain the peg, a bit like these:

Posted Image

(image borrowed from http://www.tmnttoys.com/)

Posted Image

#29 Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*

Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:26 AM

He's either an odd or foreign-release companion figure...or perhaps a vehicle/playset attachment.

Nice spot on Ruff the Ref S4P, I now have one on order, thanks for the heads up :huh:

I also have Tad Pole, P Parrot and Nutty on the way - I narrowly missed out on the awesome Harey :D so he's now on my hit list. Interestingly these 4 companion figures from the Sewer Super Heroes range were available in various colors (Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple). Also if anyone is thinking of picking these up MIP, look closely at the picture - not all releases of Sewer Super Heroes included the the sidekicks.

There was also a Sunflower character that came with Rock n Roll Mondo Gecko - very cool.

I wonder if the blue snake guy came with a vehicle? That would explain the peg, a bit like these:

Posted Image

(image borrowed from http://www.tmnttoys.com/)

#30 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

Has anyone checked the Cow Boys of Moo-Mesa figures? They were made very similarly to the TMNT figures if I recall, and I know they were also by Playmates. Perhaps this guy's some mexican snake from that series?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#31 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

Theorgg, you may be on to something! Here's a look at all (?) the figures @ the Virtual Toy Chest. And according to Wiki, there is a snake character!

Posted Image

If there were vekicles/playsets released with this line as well, we might find our snake dude!
Posted Image

#32 Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*

Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

These toylines are also quite similar to the Toxic Crusaders issue (which came out around the same time)...Has anybody investigated those crazy toys from that line? :lol:

http://www.virtualto...oxic/toxic.html

Toxic Crusaders mini-figures would be ULTRA-COOL by the way... ;)

Theorgg, you may be on to something! Here's a look at all (?) the figures @ the Virtual Toy Chest. And according to Wiki, there is a snake character!

Posted Image

If there were vekicles/playsets released with this line as well, we might find our snake dude!

#33 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

yeah, I was actually trying to find some Toxic Crusader mini-figs earlier in the week! Apparently there are some bootlegs out there like your Thundercats and He-man ones!

The only Cow Boys vehicle I could find was Iron Horse...

I don't think the blue snake came with that :lol: Anyone find any more vehicles??

These toylines are also quite similar to the Toxic Crusaders issue (which came out around the same time)...Has anybody investigated those crazy toys from that line? ;)

http://www.virtualto...oxic/toxic.html

Toxic Crusaders mini-figures would be ULTRA-COOL by the way... ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Well, after reading more, it looks like the C.O.W. snake character always wears that Confederate hat, so it doesn't look to be the same character as our blue figgyy. :lol:
Posted Image

#35 Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*

Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

They must be TOUGH to find...I vaguely remember an odd Crusader figure popping up many years ago. None have shown up in my Toxic Crusader or Avenger searches lately. Wonder if Voltron issued mini-figures?

Will keep you posted on those Thundercat figures. I don't own any of the He-man ones, but I'm certainly hoping to grab Battle Cat and Man-E Faces before it's all said and done... :lol:

yeah, I was actually trying to find some Toxic Crusader mini-figs earlier in the week! Apparently there are some bootlegs out there like your Thundercats and He-man ones!

#36 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

Do I win a prize!?

Attached File  goggles.jpg   37.45K   44 downloads

:lol:

Posted Image

#37 Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*

Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

Incredible detective work, Dr. Fitz! ;)

Here's an auction if anybody wants one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Raphael's-Sew...L080528104a7802

Do I win a prize!?

Edited by CHEAPTOYMAN, 29 May 2008 - 03:27 PM.

#38 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

Thanks CTM! I was so desperate to know that I posted on a TMNT website but even they didn't know, they just pointed me towards ninjaturtles.com

I found it there along with this:

Attached File  belt.bmp   480.99K   14 downloads

I now have both sets on order ;)

And keep me posted on the He-man/Thundercats/Toxic Crusaders bootlegs! thanks

Incredible detective work, Dr. Fitz! ^_^

Do I win a prize!?

Edited by matthewf1tz, 29 May 2008 - 03:34 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Nice find, Fitz!

I think it's neat that we pretty much all agreed it HAD to be a TMNT figure, even though we'd never seen it before. Look at enough toy lines, and you begin to recognize sculpting styles, plastic types, and plastic colors. For me, I think that's what had me most convinced. The color of that figure just screamed Playmates!
Posted Image

#40 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

Speaking of which, it looks to be very close in color to the monkey sidekick. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

Do I win a prize!?

:)

Bravo. Apparently, you win $-30+ because you order the things the figure came with!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#42 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

Do I win a prize!?

^_^

Bravo. Apparently, you win $-30+ because you order the things the figure came with!

:lol: yeah, that's not the half of it :p

It's a shame that those COW Boys didn't have companion figures, they would have been cool. Apparently they are Mirage just like TMNT.

But then again it's a shame that every TMNT figure didn't come with a little buddy -_-

Posted Image

#43 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:40 AM

Is Mirage a division of Playmates? I thought most of the TMNT companion figures were released under Playmates? I did know Mirage made TMNT toys, but that was later in the line right? Did Mirage make the clear companion figs?

Posted Image

The Toxic Crusaders are also Playmates. The design and coloring of TMNT and Toxic Crusaders toys are very similar.
Posted Image

#44 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:53 AM

Is Mirage a division of Playmates? I thought most of the TMNT companion figures were released under Playmates? I did know Mirage made TMNT toys, but that was later in the line right? Did Mirage make the clear companion figs?

I thought that Mirage was Eastman and Laird's company and that the Playmates figures were as such all joint ventures between the two companies??

I might be wrong though...

Edited by matthewf1tz, 30 May 2008 - 03:54 AM.

Posted Image

#45 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:47 AM

:doh:

Yes, that's what it is... Mirage is the comic book company that created the TMNT characters (and as you said, the C.O.W.-boys of Moo Mesa series), and Playmates was the toy manufacturer of at least TMNT. (I do think some of the newest TMNT figures were made by Mirage too though. I could be totally wrong though.) I'm not sure if Playmates made the Moo Mesa line too. Here's a list of Playmates lines @ Wiki, but Toxic Crusaders isn't on there, and they were def made by Playmates.

According to their Wiki page, the C.O.W.-boys were made by Hasbro:

In 1991 Hasbro Toys produced a series of ten action figures and one vehicle. Marshal Moo Montana was produced heaviest while the character Boot Hill Buzzard is the rarest of the set with only a limited number released. Of the three main heroes the Dakota Dude is the scarcest. In 1999 the Kid Stuff company manufactured a set of 3 inch tall action figures for its Moo Mesa Kid's Meal promotion. Articulated at the shoulders, neck and waist the assortment consisted of Marshal Moo Montana, The Dakota Dude, The Cowlorado Kid, Miss Cowlamity Kate, Cody Calf and the Masked Bull. These were available at participating restaurants.

Edited by Soupie, 30 May 2008 - 04:53 AM.

Posted Image

#46 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

If those snakethings and playsets are from a game, boardgamegeek.com may have a picture of them-- but good luck searching through hundreds of entries just to find the figures.

#47 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

holy cow!! how did you see that little guy in that picture??
i am glad you figured it out, i know i had wasted WAY too many hours looking for it! i did 'em all, toxic's every tmnt figure, earthworm jim...every freekin action figure i could think of!
:p

so,,what is he,,does he have a name? and is he a snake? (a snake with warts?!?!?)

about a week ago i thought i only needed 2 - its up to 8 now...
damnit
^_^

Do I win a prize!?

#48 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

If I had to guess, I'd say he was a worm.

#49 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Goggles, eh? Man, i never would've figured that one out. I don't think i've ever even *seen* those goggles before, and i've dug through a lot of TMNT stuff in my time. :woot:

I'm happy that it did turn out to be a TMNT figure (like Soupie said, means our skills are in order), but it sucks that it's part of what's probably a pretty hard-to-find toy. The cool thing about a lot of the companion figures is that the toys they come with are fairly easy and cheap to find MOC.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#50 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

The Toxic Crusaders are also Playmates. The design and coloring of TMNT and Toxic Crusaders toys are very similar.

Thanks Soups,
I was just going to post that little green cactus figure in the help section.
Got one in a figure lot some time back.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com