Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

I just had the craziest idea ever!

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

Anyone got the whole Japanese dMp arc? Maybe we can do our own little dub. Who do you want to be? I'll be Checkmate.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#2 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:48 AM

Why is this so hard to reply to? I just wanna do a little fansub. Y'know, it shouldn't be THAT hard...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#3 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:45 AM

Because we respect the original 4kids dub.

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

Because we respect the original 4kids dub.

either that, or
A. No one saw this post.
B. No one has time.

#5 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:52 PM

:devil:
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#6 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

If you said you had the original Kinnikuman and translations (or just scrypts for us to read), you might find people willing to download Pro Tools Free and record vox for you. However, we here for the most part respect the Ultimate Muscle and its related Manga (favoring the Manga if there's any discrepancy) to want to overdub it.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#7 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:39 AM

I don't have the original series, I was seeing if someone here had the whole dMp arc (Adversarious to Checkmate.) And I was so excited when I got the idea. <_<
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#8 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:28 AM

Someone probably does, but that arc is old hat.

Only the first generation getting translated will hold any interest for the guys here, or getting DVDs of the dub of UM. Re-translating and redubbing something that's already been translated and dubbed is... well, not too smart. The dub wasn't horribly butchered as I've heard some animation is, so there's no point in 'correcting' it.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#9 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:35 PM

Eh, I like the 4Kids dub (only thing they did right/10 >_>), but I just thought that this would be kinda fun. Also, I guess we could give the original a shot...if it doesn't take years and years.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#10 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

If you're (or anyone) doing the original series, I'd do Warsman. I got this low, mono-tone like voice, with some sound editing, would be perfect for a robot's voice.

#11 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:14 PM

Fan-dub! XD Anyone ever see Nescaflowne, or Evangelion Redeath?

*loves voice acting* I wonder who I could be.. I've got a low voice for a female.

#12 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:38 AM

Ummmmmmmmm, a little 8-year-old boy? I dunno, girls do little boys' voices sometimes. Also, can't we do the dMp arc of UM first?

Edit: BTW, shouldn't Kevin Mask kinda have a lower-class British accent (read: Pirate... >_>), because he was a street person for about 10 years?

Edited by Checkmate1989, 20 March 2006 - 07:45 AM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#13 Brocken Jr._fangirl

Brocken Jr._fangirl

Pain in the Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Kinnikiman Nisei, being a goofball. =3

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:32 AM

Fan-dub! XD Anyone ever see Nescaflowne, or Evangelion Redeath?

*loves voice acting* I wonder who I could be.. I've got a low voice for a female.

I've seen Escaflowne. That show was awesome!!

I've got a low voice too. I can even do a pretty decent Brocken Jr., Dik Dik, Skullduggery and Kevin Mask too.

#14 Jaeger gal

Jaeger gal

" Live & Let Live "

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Anime, video games, movies, and writing fan fictions.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

My friend has a really good voice, she can do..Jeager, Brocken Jr. , Kid Muscle, Terry, wally and Dik DIk real good.

Edited by Jaeger gal, 20 March 2006 - 10:49 AM.

I promised mom and dad,the moment before they died...that I would join the justice federation...and use my powers for the world,for the people...
Jeager in volume 7

#15 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

I've seen Escaflowne. That show was awesome!!

I've got a low voice too. I can even do a pretty decent Brocken Jr., Dik Dik, Skullduggery and Kevin Mask too.

Nooo, Nescaflowne. Not the actual anime. o_o;; It's a paraody.

Dude, I could so do Brocken, Kev, or Jeager's voice. XD

#16 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

I'm the only male voice actor here? ;_;

Anyways, should I give Checkmate a French accent (he's Monacan ["Here comes zee High Horse Drivair!!"]), or British ("Accept this crown, milady!") And, anyone want me to do any other voices? And, I kinda also wanna do the Generation EX arc, too (just wanna see Mars in action... >_>)
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#17 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

I'm the only male voice actor here? ;_;

I find that offensive! :(

Anyways, gimme any robot voice, and edit them to a more robotic sounding if possible. (But as long as I get Warsman! Ko-Ho-!)

#18 Brocken Jr._fangirl

Brocken Jr._fangirl

Pain in the Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

Damn, i didn't see Nescaflowne then. Never in a million years would i be able to do a passable Jeager.

Btw, checkmate1989? You should make a french checky. His shakspearean accent in the dub drives me crazy enough anyways!!

#19 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

I love his Shakespear accent. ;_;

*... can definately do Jeager's voice* My friend does an awesome Croe and Mars, for a girl. XD

#20 Brocken Jr._fangirl

Brocken Jr._fangirl

Pain in the Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

I love his Shakespear accent. ;_;

*... can definately do Jeager's voice* My friend does an awesome Croe and Mars, for a girl. XD

Whoops. I didn't mean the accent, i meant the way he spoke. I kinda gets annoying after awhile.

Croe's voice is hot in the dub!! Except that they should have given Warsman in the GC game the same voice. He sounds like Older Yugi from Yu-gi-oh. It just ain'T him. :(

#21 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:12 AM

I'm not too interested in re-dubbing UM. It was perfectly acted as far as I'm concerned. I do however have a bunch of Generation One Kinnikuman movies(7 to be exact) that we can "fan-dub". Some of them are already subbed so I guess we can re-write some of the horrible "engrish" and make some gags of our own whenever needed.
On a side note I work in the field(animation). And lemme tells ya' timing is a BYATCH. If you guys REALLY wanna do this start small. One of the shorts that I have is approx 25 mins long and features all the original Seigi Chojin. So think in terms of G1 Kinnikuman when thinking of your VA's.
I've VA'd before too. I'm told I have great range :D . Also, any time I whoop my bud's in UM on GC I do dead on Suguru, Mars, Kevin, and Robin Mask impersonations.
Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#22 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:14 AM

Guys? I asked if I should do anyone else's voice. My aunt suggested Dik Dik (she thumbed through my vol. 3 manga), or Sunshine. Dik Dik is possible, but for Sunshine...I can't sound like I'm 60. Maybe if I did a Master Roshi voice?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#23 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

I'll try and do some voice examples of the Seigi Chojin and other people in G1 on Thursday. The other thing I'd need is where to send the voice clips (and possibly a script if offered.)
Though I'll vary with the original Japanese (Kinnikuman, Ramenman), the dub (Robin Mask, Terryman) or something original (Buffaloman sounding like the original only having a small Spanish accent and idioms) for example.

#24 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Croe's voice is hot in the dub!! Except that they should have given Warsman in the GC game the same voice. He sounds like Older Yugi from Yu-gi-oh. It just ain'T him. :huh:

AMEN. I hated his CG voice.

And Checkmate.. ask your friends. Do impressions for them. XD That's what I do.

#25 Altered Bonk

Altered Bonk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:11 PM

You know, ever since I joined this forum I've thought it would be fun to organize a fan-sub (or dub) of the original Kinnikuman anime.

I don't have a microphone or anything so I guess I can't do any acting, but I'd be glad to help in some other way.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com